All Comments on '750 Words About Guilt'

by ReedRichards

Sort by:
  • 69 Comments
luedonluedonabout 3 years ago

Every husband concerned that his wife may wander needs a dog to induce guilt in any gentlemen who would lead his wife astray.

.

Nicely different, RR. I liked this one.

.

Lue

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

Great story. You've just made me hate two people. Jill and who ever the asshole Jody was. I even hate Rover after reading this.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 3 years ago

Is there a second paragraph to this appallingly stupid and pointless story?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I didn't like the story. The asshole did have some guilty conscience but for how long til until another slut-wife comes along?

Gave this 4 star because it was really well-written but I did hate it coz there was no consequences for the pussy hound nor the whore-wife. That wife will find someone else who'll eat the prepared breakfast soon.

rublicksrublicksabout 3 years ago

Anyone screwing a serviceman's wife is the scum of the earth

skruff101skruff101about 3 years ago

Wow what a lovely man, obviously a saint among men because a dog can sense these things you know, they’re not giving of their affection to just anyone.

It’s just heartwarming to know there are such stalwarts of moral integrity, willing to take the time and energy to make sure the wives of serving military be comforted and cared for.

Just a little upset that he could walk away from that wonderful woman after she lovingly cooked him such an appetising breakfast.

That poor dog (no the one with four legs) will have to come to terms with losing his master, it’s a well known fact that canines mourn like we humans do, I can still picture him curled up on the bed waiting for his master to return, dreaming of walkies and playing fetch.

I’ve got to stop here, the tears are blurring the screen.

nickbgbnickbgbabout 3 years ago

One contemptible man with no redeeming qualities to speak of. One equally unrepentant wife who’ll seemingly get to deceive happily ever after.

Another one of those flash stories where you wish somebody/some event would balance the scales.

WargamerWargamerabout 3 years ago

He is an asshole and would deserve the bullet the good Sergeant has for him, as does the faithless wife.

1/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Reedy Richards is a shitty writer ...and despite everyone telling him that he still continues to spew his rotten shit on the pages of LW....

Deeply wish COVID can rid us of this pest at an early date

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 3 years agoAuthor

The inspiration for this story? Just the dog, jammed up against me the morning I wrote it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

At least it was short.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 3 years ago

Jody felt guilty for the wrong reason. As a vet he should want to protect the soldier while deployed. One could hope this Jody drives off a cliff on the way home.

lover1953lover1953about 3 years ago

Great story. Guilt over the dog! Even the lowest fo the low have standards. Never steal a man’s dog.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

An interesting flash story from a much different perspective than usual. Of the three characters portrayed, none were good. Not even the dog. Feel very, very sorry for the military guy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Just another story about an entitled cheating bitch and a broke dick Jody. Pretty sorry ass'd dog as well. Must be the wife's dog. Most dogs a man would have know who their masters are and will protect the home by removing appendages from male strangers and not snuggling up in bed with them.

maninconnmaninconnabout 3 years ago
I’m not often one to request a sequel, but...

...how about this Jody getting Jody’s, and having a harder time with the guilt than the fact a dog made him guilty. Maybe the dog should bite him in the ass... or the other side. This just makes you feel bad about every character, Rover included. Done rambling, you write really well, and this is very original. Art is supposed to draw a reaction, and this did, so, success. Now I’m going to be wondering about these 4 for a long time.

Thanks for writing...but damn it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Gave it four stars because it was well written? Hmm. never could understand that reasoning. No matter how well written, after all one doesn't except English majors here, it's an amateur porn site. But to score a story based on how well it's written is ridiculous. Either you liked it or didn't, that's how I score them. Of course, there are exception, especially if one uses such bad grammar it's difficult to read and yes there are some authors here that shouldn't be writing. I gave this one a three star rating. The subject matter isn't something I relish.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 3 years ago

"Bronstein was a luck man to have a wife like her." Nope. He'd be lucky if he hadn't married a slut.

Interesting story. The narrator has no morality at all where human beings are concerned, but he respects dogs. No surprise since he is himself just a cur.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago

As a veteran, I have no sympathy for either character cheating on someone deployed from home. That doesn't change you did a good job writing a compact story in 750 words. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

That’s what I was thinking. What a poor excuse for a dog! A good dog would have bit the guy’s dick off.

bo5254bo5254about 3 years ago

Not one clean heart in the building

dragonmann72dragonmann72about 3 years ago

I read this story and scratched my head.

I read the comments and scratched my head.

When I read Your comment, 'The inspiration for this story? Just the dog, jammed up against me the morning I wrote it.' I wondered if you were saying you were Jodie or, your dog finally came back to you after snuggling up to Jodie.

Did working in the Vet's hospital give you the hunting ground you needed when you could still get it up?

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 3 years agoAuthor

Oh, come on, now! People are hating on the dog?

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 3 years agoAuthor

By the way, the 476th Engineering Detachment is a real unit at schuylkill Haven, and Army surveyors are trained at Ft Lost in the Woods. The characters are, of course, fictitious.

Regguy69Regguy69about 3 years ago

A Jody without guilt is destined to be a repeat Jody. Being a repeat Jody will very much increase the odds of retribution. One can only hope it comes soon and with extreme prejudice!

The wife is a worthless whore, but she chose her path. The poor dog was just likely duped by the whore’s acceptance of the asshat Jody.

Well written, as is the usual for RR. You often have characters I find repulsive, but I can’t fault your story telling.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 3 years ago

Hilarious twist. Even a sociopath has his limits. Thanks for the grins and giggles.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Not good

Not a likable character in the lot. Even the dog was dumber than a stump. He should have been growling and biting the guy. With no one to root for, the story had no chance of being interesting or entertaining.

Driven2ReadDriven2Readabout 3 years ago

Normally I like most of you stuff -- this one not so much. Seems more like an outline to what could be a better story. It could go a lot ways. Just seems a little lazy to do it like this.

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonabout 3 years ago

"Hating on the dog..."

Well, you did name him Rover, not Fido. Think about it...

GA

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

What the hell is a Jody? 4 stars...thanx..

Loklie

calgarycamperscalgarycampersabout 3 years ago

5* For the story, 1* for the asshat character. I know there are real people like this and they deserve the beatings they should get.

Baldy74Baldy74about 3 years ago

You were wrong at the end when he says Bronstein is a lucky man to have a wife like her. With a wife like that at home I'd say he has no luck at all.

tazz317tazz317about 3 years ago
AN ATTEMPT WITH A SHAGGY DOG TALE

with 2nd verse worse than the 1st. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Yeah yeah the usual smug crap from RR, gods gift to women apparently. A legend in his own mind.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Fuck this guy and to hell with RR's story.

txskipper597txskipper597about 3 years ago

Rare that a loving wife tale makes me laugh. Your's did. 5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

well what ever ,you are still a low life piece of shit . i guess that say's alot about your ugly wife and nasty pussy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I have a 308 round for all the Jodie's. That disrespect our military Heroes..! I am a Marine Corps Scout I have no empathy especially when it comes to this issue.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I have no idea what the point of this story is. If it is about guilt, then where is the confession, the remorse, the penance, the absolution.

If it had not of been him fucking this cheating slut, it would of been (has been?) someone else. He thinks you can run away from guilt? Naw, he's an asshole, she's an asshole, and they wii both die assholes.

Maybe she will get caught with the next guy. Maybe she will repent and become the perfect wife. Maybe you could try to write that story. This was just a window on a hiccup during an affair. Wouldn't surprise me if he's back in the same bed next week. Let's hope he pays.

Thanks for the effort. You've barely got a rating of 3.

technofrog2002technofrog2002about 3 years ago

I disagree with the negative comments. I think a lot of the stories charm is the fact that it was only 750 words. I loved. You did a wonderful job with so few words.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 3 years ago
WITHIN the constraint of 750 words...

...not bad.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66about 3 years ago

Well written, but didn't invoke much of a reaction from me. So where are the kids during the father's two weeks away? 4 stars.

chytownchytownabout 3 years ago

***You made a good point 750 words of it. Nice going. Thanks for sharing.

IndyOnIndyOnabout 3 years ago

I really hate 750 word stories! A lot of good story lines go to waste....Who ever thought up this stupid idea anyway? Most likely a writer who couldn't "Finish The Damn Story"

Jetcrash747Jetcrash747about 3 years ago

Great story, but I disliked every character except the first sargent Michael Bronstein. But there is no character development except for the dog who wanted to snuggle.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 3 years ago

@Anonymous, a "Jody" is a man who fucks a serviceman's wife while he's away on duty.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

Reed Richards is LW's provocateur. His writing is excellent. He has great grammar and punctuation. His geography and detail is always correct, no nothing to dislike there. But his characters are so despicable that there is nothing to like about the stories of unapologetic cheating. These "Jody" stories are especially triggering to me. I wish only the absolute worst for Reed's cheaters. We need another "It Was Just One Time - The Sequel", where 1SG Bronstein returns to give Jody a life changing attitude adjustment. I know Reed writes these stories just to pull our chains, but he needs to do this sequel to throw a bone to a loyal reader.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Thanx sbrooks for educating me on what a Jody is.

Loklie

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterabout 3 years ago
Your character had heterochromia, not central h.

You wrote your character has Central heterochromia, but that's not correct. Central heterochromia means the iris changes color from the pupil out. I have that, gold in the center to green on the outside. Your character had heterochromia, different colored eyes.

Yes, your character is despicable. One day Jody will be shot by an angry husband. But we can only pray it happens sooner rather than later.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The Only Good Thing I Can Say Is

Thank goodness this was a short story.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 3 years agoAuthor

Mr Mann72 asked me if I was Jody or the do. I’ve been the side guy before, but that was a long time ago, last century. The dog is our dog, barks at strangers but is very friendly once she gets to know someone.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 3 years ago

When he is disappeared by the 1SG, he will not be missed.

Regguy69Regguy69over 2 years ago

Hopefully this was tung in cheek, otherwise let’s hope this Jody gets hit by a bus, or worse.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

I seem to recall a story where the interloper was exposed because the dog that always barked at strangers, didn't bark at him when he came over when the husband was home.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 2 years agoAuthor

Mr Brooks: Yup, I did use the dog who didn’t bark once before. It ain’t plagiarism to use my own idea twice.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nothing lower than stealing dog's affections from his man. Hilarious! For a musical laugh have a listen to Dr. John's How Come My Dog Don't Bark (When You Come Around). That song might be an inspiration for a LW 750 worder. Great little tune in any case.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Fuck you

You can have my wife. I'll even help her pack. But stay the absolute fuck away from my dog!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Reminds me of that old gem

If my wife is at the front door yelling to be left in, and my dog is at the back door barking to be left in, I let the dog in first. At least he shuts up yapping when I let him in!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Having been a wartime serviceman, I really dislike tales of screwing a serviceman’s wife when he is overseas doing his duty. At least the jerk never came back.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Really different. What a warped sense of what’s right. 3 stars.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

WHAT AN ASSHOLE!! TRAILER PARK WHITE AMERICAN TRASH

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Okay, so obviously this is despicable, and the main character is an absolute ass etc etc etc. That being said, I really enjoyed this story. It's well written, original, and as despicable as the basis of it is, ot actually made me laugh. No one is perfect, everyone has flaws, but we also all have lines in the sand we refuse to cross that we mostly dont even know about until we find ourselves staring at them head on. Not saying this absolves the main character, because it doesnt, just saying that this story highlight thats perfectly in a well written and humorous way.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Do all wives cheat????????

mfbridgesmfbridges9 months ago

Just the married one's (see below). lol

xMulexMule5 months ago

And if Rover was a cat? ;)

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ4 months ago

Will always be a Jody. Rover should have bit his junk right off. Well, it would hurt less than what the 1st Sgt's men will do to him when they catch him. Scumbag.

26thNC26thNC4 months ago

First part is Reed’s justification for cheating wives and the assholes who screw them. The last part? Guess he just likes dawgs.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

5* stars of course. Liked the story. Absurdity is always refreshing, especially here at LW. Thank you, RR.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous