A Bandit Queen's Catch

Story Info
A serpentine bandit queen seeks love in a human settlement.
7.2k words
4.62
4.7k
11
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Summary:

Va'hsss, a serpentine bandit queen, finds her intimate needs going unfulfilled. The small settlement she lords over has no suitable mates, as most would flee or tremble underneath her gaze. However, idle chatter from her subordinates gives her a clue as to where a fresh partner might be found.

Va'hsss watched the sun sink into the distant ocean behind rolling dunes, casting its bright oranges and purples along the sky. There was a restlessness in her mind that wanted to spur her to action. She looked back to her room, eyes grazing across her armaments, trophies, and landing on her large empty bed. Her tongue flicked out, tasting the vaguely salty air. Most prominent among the smells was her own vague arousal.

It was almost pathetic, Va'hsss had to admit. Perhaps a spar or even a raid to clear her mind. It would be temporary, certainly, but a distraction from the unease burrowing into her thoughts would be more than a relief. She moved to the mirror next to her wardrobe. Was she so imposing that no one would attempt, or even express interest in her body? Sharp serpentine eyes stared back at her, with a large hood complimenting the long neck and head that held those orange daggers. Horns sprouted at her brow, only adding to the aggression she exuded.

Cobras such as her demanded subservience by their mere presence, as deemed by her society. Yes, she had abandoned her post as a proper general, giving the proud title in exchange for the new brand of "bandit queen", but even now, those that followed her maintained those cultural staples. That left Va'hsss with no equals, none to express any interest in her body without fear. She ran a hand over her bound chest, claw playing along the wrappings. Almost a shame, wasn't it? Va'hsss gave herself a small smile, quickly dropping it. She shook her head and dressed herself in her regular garb. Something would have to occupy her mind.

Va'hsss stepped out into the settlement. Activity had been winding down, with only a sparse few wandering around outside. Perhaps she could simply be more upfront? Anyone would be eager, if not honored to lay with her, surely. Many of the reptilian folk had caught her eye, and while they might not have matched her height or even muscle, they would still bring relief. Yet, anything other than her hand would bring relief now.

All of the settlement dwellers gave Va'hsss quick bows as she strode by. She gave them firm nods in turn, allowing them to go about their business. While frustration grappled with her mind, she realized then that some sense of duty clung to her militaristic mind. A stubborn sense of honor wouldn't let her lay with any of the males here. They looked to her for guidance, and support. Treating them to any sort of sexual touch would only corrupt what they thought of her.

The walk had managed to occupy some of her mind. It wasn't an impressive city or kingdom, but it was a settlement Va'hsss had managed to cobble together with those that had placed enough trust in her to flee a false god. Modest buildings had taken root, with stone paths laid between them. Candlelights flickered in the windows, letting her take note of those not on the streets.

Before long, her trek had brought her to the outskirts. Slightly more ramshackle. More tents. A little more foot traffic. The people there still bowed all the same. The occasional human cropped up, always on some sort of business. There, she came across a pair of reptilian guards chatting away in their scaled tongue near a tent, sharing swigs of something that was hopefully not alcoholic.

"Did you hear what the humans are doing?" one said. Shala, if Va'hsss recalled.

"Which ones?" the other asked. Pirinhi, certainly.

"The settlement nearby, dolt, what other ones?"

"Fine, get to the point."

"They're having some sort of mating ritual. You know, for lonely types."

Va'hsss stopped her stride, perking up at those words.

"Mating ritual? What, all of them at once? That's a little gross."

"No, no. It's a thing where those without a partner meet others without partners. Like a celebration."

"A celebration of loneliness?"

"They don't want to be lonely by the end of it."

"Maybe I should go."

"Don't be silly, they--"

Va'hsss took a step toward them, tail swaying. "Shala, Prinihi. How is your patrol?"

The two snapped to attention and spun around to face Va'hsss. Some worry plagued their faces, hidden underneath forced stoicism.

"Nothing to report, queen," they replied in unison.

Queen. That title still didn't sit well on her mind, least of all from her subordinates. Va'hsss had to admit that it at least struck fear into others that would seek to snuff out this place.

"Good," Va'hsss said. She reached over and nabbed the canteen from one of them, taking a sip. Water. Surprising. "Thank you for the treat." She handed it back. "What was the idle chatter about?"

"Human affairs," Shala said. "They've... Well, it was an amusing thought. Men and women without partners, joining together in some sort of grand party."

"Hedonistic, really," Prinihi replied.

"Very hedonistic indeed." Va'hsss raised her head, spotting a distant carriage loading up. "I trust you won't be partaking in it?"

"No," they both said.

"Excellent. Return to your work."

They both bowed and fled down an open path as confidently as they could. Va'hsss nodded and made her way for the carriage. The reptilian villager loading it stopped mid-placing to bow at her, nearly falling over in the process.

"Would it be fair to assume you are heading toward the human settlement?" she asked.

"Yes, queen. Trade, you see," he replied.

"I understand. How much to be taken there?"

"Pardon?"

"I would like to make use of your carriage to head to the human settlement. What would you require in trade?"

His eyes widened. "Nothing. Nothing at all. I would be honored."

"Are you certain?"

"Absolutely." He turned to the carriage, pushing aside some objects to reveal a bench. "As you wish. We will be off soon enough."

"Thank you."

Va'hsss bowed her head and stepped onto it. The carriage lightly groaned in protest, but she wouldn't be much issue, she hoped. In a blatant rush, the villager loaded the rest of his cargo and stumbled into the driver's seat. With a shake of the reins, they were off, with the arachnid in front immediately skittering forward, carriage secured to it by straps around its abdomen.

The trip to the human settlement wasn't exceedingly long, but the sun had begun to settle underneath the horizon, letting the stars speckle the sky. The desert wasn't necessarily her favorite part of the world, in all honesty, Va'hsss would have preferred the swamps and jungles of home. Yet, nowhere else was the vastness of the world shown off in all its glory. Truly, it seemed like the world might just stretch on endlessly.

Soon enough, the human settlement rolled into view. Truthfully, it wasn't all that different from Va'hsss's own group, just with more humans mucking about. Humans seemed all the louder, too. The carriage pulled out in front of the settlement, near other carts. Va'hsss stepped out, hearing the cart practically sigh in relief. She rounded the cart and looked to the driver.

"You have my thanks. Should you want to redeem some sort of payment later, you are free to do so," she said.

"Not at all. Thank you for your blessing!" he replied.

Va'hsss nodded. It would be nice to get away from the more groveling of her citizens. Not that she didn't appreciate them, but being treated as though she were one step away from cutting off heads had a put a firm barrier between her and everyone else. She ambled closer to the settlement, which was already awash with merriment and noise in the distance.

Several unfamiliar scents hit Va'hsss's tongue as she slithered into the town. Some repugnant, others curious, and some absolutely tantalizing. While there were a few scaled folk and even insectoids from the kingdom, the majority was dominated by those ever so curious humans. She had almost forgotten just how much she towered even over the tallest of them. Naturally, they had all given her a wary eye when they passed by her. It was good that she had decided not to bring any weaponry.

Unless there were some other events occurring, Va'hsss figured it was a safe bet to continue walking toward the excitement in the distance. On the way she saw a few strange creatures, likely livestock from the human's own lands. Squat pink things with a face that seemed punched in, rectangular mammals that seemed to agonize with prolonged groans, and proud riding animals that seemed almost delectable. Horses, were they? Interesting creatures.

Va'hsss had to wonder how far her name traveled among the dunes. While the humans were indeed uneased by her presence, it seemed more like a matter of her being a large cobra, rather than being the "bandit queen". Good, if so. She could not change her shape, but lacking the reputation of a leader of bandits gave her some advantage in a rabble of bachelors.

The music and scents grew louder and more intense until Va'hsss was at a grand tent. All of the merriment poured out the front, where a couple of human guards stood watch. Fair, considering the amount of alcohol that must have been tossed around inside. She approached the pair. The human tongue was so fickle with her anatomy, but she would manage.

"Isss thisss the convening area for the mating ritual?" she asked, easing into their language.

Both of the guards stared at her, seeming completely thrown off. One opened his mouth. It took a second longer for any words to actually emerge.

"Are you in the right location?" a guard said.

"I lack a partner, and I sssuspect those inssside do, too. Yesss, yesss I believe I am," she replied.

"This event is for..."

Va'hsss tilted her head, tongue flicking out. "For sssolitary persons. Yesss? Then I take my entrance." She strode forward, ducking under the entrance and emerging into the festivities.

The festivities slowed. Everyone inside was human, leaving Va'hsss curiously out of place. No matter, that just meant she had a better chance of attracting someone suitable. Indeed, all eyes were on her, including the band playing the cheery tune. Then a mate was not far from approaching her, good. She walked over to the large barreled refreshments, manned by one particularly gruff man.

"Free for the guesstsss?" she asked.

He gave her a curt nod, handing her a mug.

"Wonderful."

Va'hsss took the cup and placed it under the spout, getting her fill. She took a sip. Bitter, and certainly lacking in any hardness. Looking back at the group, she noticed people had begun to return to their excitement, though with sideways glances at her. At the far end of the tent was the band, with an empty space in front for dancing. Past that dancing area were tables where most of the groups had taken root with their flimsy drinks and chatter.

An issue quickly arose as Va'hsss made her rounds. All tables would grow dead silent the moment she stepped near, stifling any sort of attempts at conversation. Again and again she would be socially stonewalled at every turn. Clearly some were not interested in her, others probably frightened, and perhaps some simply rude. Whatever the case, she wasn't going to make any progress on a mate with those who wouldn't dare even speak to her. She had half a mind to crush one of the tables underfoot, just to get their attention, but she hardly needed the ire of the settlement. They had, after all, been a strong trading partner. More intimate partners, however, seemed to be a different matter entirely.

Eventually, one particularly lone table had caught Va'hsss's eye. Tucked behind the refreshments was a bar that seemed empty aside from a lone male sipping away at his woes. Ah, a fresh, lonely target. Chatter would be much easier without anyone else to bother them.

Va'hsss sat down next to the male. He hardly seemed to notice her, instead staring into his cup, one hand on his forehead, with the other on his drink.

"You ssseem occupied with your thoughtsss," she said. "I am ready to hear them." That seemed appropriate. Good first step.

"Ah, yeah, well," the man started, "I've got a lot of 'em!" He rubbed his forehead, putting on a strained smile. "Came here to get away from all that and relax, but turns out I can't even pull a word out of my mouth when I need it. Look like a real idiot out there talking about nonsense."

"You ssseem coherent now. No idiocy to be found."

"Heh, thanks. I guess it's easier when I've had more to drink in me. No voice in the back of my head telling me how badly I'm messing up." His soft eyes flicked up to her chest, then a little more up to her head, brow furrowing, muscles tensing. "Hello, there."

"Ah, time for greetingsss?" she said. "Hello." Now, what was it. They shook hands? Va'hsss raised her hand, sticking it out to him. "Your name?"

"Holden. I'm Holden." His hand left his drink, reaching out to grasp her hand.

Holden was tense, almost frozen. Va'hsss made sure her grip was firm, yet gentle for the fragile creature. His hands seemed to lack the hardened calluses that other, more hardworking humans had. No, he was quite soft.

"I am Va'hsss. Pleasssed to meet you." And now for the next part. She leaned her head down, planting a kiss on the back of his hand.

Holden's expression wavered to confusion, then to amusement. They parted hands, and he looked to where she had kissed him. He seemed like a nice fellow. Certainly, he hadn't given her a hardened glare or scooted his chair away from her. Though, he did seem... unexperienced, jittery. Va'hsss had seen the same with many of the scalefolk that had an interest in a mate. Ah, so was he interested? Odd, she had expected there to be more overt admittance to that fact. Humans always seemed so eager to mate with everything.

"What, uh, what brings you here? Va'hsss?" He took a sip. "I'm saying that right, aren't I?"

"You are." Va'hsss took a sip of her own, trying to appear as casual as she could. Hm. If humans were so hedonistic, then surely it would be best to follow their norms. She opened her maw wide and dumped the rest of the drink down her throat. She looked back to Holden, who simply swallowed. "I am here, Holden, becaussse I desssire a mate."

"Yes, that makes sense," he replied. "Suppose I was here for the same reason, just... Not so upfront about it. Didn't expect to see a, um, you know, one of your kind."

"Cobra?"

"Cobra. Right."

"Sssome might consssider that an honor."

"It's an honor. Believe me."

"You don't ssseem like the othersss here, Holden. Reclussse that you are."

"It's my first time on this continent. I'm still adjusting. Trying to get used to being so far away from home. Or what was once home. I thought this would help me unwind."

Va'hsss reached forward, grasping at his shoulder, feeling the tenseness in his musculature. He was by no means a warrior, but there was still something there. He could probably withstand a night with her.

"You are a firm creature, Holden. I like that. I believe your offssspring would be ssstrong." Va'hsss looked down at his groin, tasting the air as she did so. No arousal yet. She was certain that would work. "And your lineage would win a great many battlesss."

"I don't think I'm cut out for any battles. Cooks tend not to be." He pursed his lips, looking at her hand.

"We can sssee how you perform in bed before judging."

"In what?"

"Bed. Do you not have a bed?"

"I have a bed just--" He blinked a few times. "Bed? You said bed, right? You want to take me to bed?"

"Are we not both looking for matesss? Bedding you ssseemsss appropriate."

Holden stared, and stared, and stared. His eyes widened a bit, then he looked back to his cup. Then his gaze wandered to look at the crowd through the barrels. Then he looked back to her. Va'hsss widened her hood a little more, trying to show off her impressive size. Human females were so pathetic in that regard. The tip of her tail raised, waving back and forth. She was on full display.

"I'd usually like a little more to go on." He held up a hand dismissively. "Not that you aren't beautiful."

Va'hsss smiled, hood brimming.

"Can't I know a little more about you?" he asked, a small smile forming on his face.

"I sssee no purpossse, but if you mussst. I am Va'hsss, 'bandit queen' of the sssettlement sssat on the edge of the ocean and the rolling dunesss, dessserter of my possst in the military."

That small smile dropped. "That's pretty serious stuff."

"I'm sssure you underssstand my frussstrationsss now." She widened her legs. "The other malesss here lack your... Virility."

Holden perked up at that word. Va'hsss's eyes narrowed. There, he was in her grasp now.

"You sure you want me?" He sized her up. "I'm human. And you're cobra."

"I'm sssure your--" Va'hsss hitched, trying to think of a euphemism, "--rod isss up to the tasssk." Maybe "blade" would have been better. She placed a hand on his thigh to add some gravity to her words. Heat was radiating off of him now. Stoking the fires in a human was not so hard after all. Hopefully he would be physically, though.

"I only have a tent at the moment, I'm not--"

"The to the tent we ssshall retire. Come, chef Holden, you may prepare a delectable meal for the night with me."

Holden turned his head a little, keeping his gaze on the cobra woman. "If that's what you want."

"I would want nothing more."

Va'hsss reached out, grabbing at Holden's hand. He stumbled to his feet and followed her closely. She stopped as she rounded the bar, looking to the man at the barrels of alcohol. Picking up a few mugs, she filled them up and downed all of them. That was better. The man at the barrels only watched silently, almost in horror.

"Thank you, bar ssservant," she said. "Your brew leavesss sssomething to be desssired, but thank you all the sssame."

"Thanks," Holden said, before being dragged off.

Naturally, every head was on a swivel watching Va'hsss and her catch walk out of the tent.

"Sssome ssseemed jealousss," she said.

"Of you or me?" Holden chuckled, then sighed.

Va'hsss almost considered carrying him, just so others were aware of who had claimed him, but then it would make navigating to his tent harder.

"Lead the way to your tent, Holden. Ssso that you may imbibe in my body."

"Do cobras usually say that out loud?"

"No. It ssseemed fitting. We partook in the event to mate, did we not?" Va'hsss looked to the guards out front, eyes digging into her. "It wasss for mating, correct?"

The guards merely looked between her and Holden.

"Your guardsss are oddly sssilent," she said.

"They can be like that. C'mon, this way."

Holden took her hand somewhat reluctantly, leading her through the space and further into the settlement, where the more permanent buildings sat. Quite quaint. Humans were quick to settle, weren't they? They moved around back to a more squat building, where a tent had been placed against its back wall. Secretive, almost devious. This must have been what young love was like, how exciting.

With one hand, Holden opened the flap and presented the way. It was a modest abode for a temporary home. A single lantern lit the tent, revealing a makeshift hay bed covered by sheets, as well as bags and chests, assumedly filled with personal effects. Va'hsss let herself in with a bow. The tent was barely tall enough to let her stand at full height, its canopy brushing against her head.

Holden dug through the chests. Might as well make herself comfortable in the meantime. Va'hsss knelt down, settling on the bed, removing her top. She was halfway through unbinding her chest when Holden turned around again, glasses and bottle of some fruity liquid in his hand. Va'hsss's chest came free, bindings falling to the ground.