All Comments on 'A Beachport Reader's Guide'

by MarkVSharp

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It’s all so clear now….

AnonTheMouseKingAnonTheMouseKingover 1 year ago

Many thanks my good fellow, that clearly took a lot of time and effort to put together.

After perusing it, any chance there's an upcoming story featuring Spartina? Of all those who haven't had much 'screentime' yet she's definitely the one I'd most love to see humbled and knocked up by some supervillain. Or lowly nobodies, either would do the trick. Personally I'd find such a story more entertaining without the raceplay you often use, but I get that you enjoy that and it doesn't do to complain about free things. I know some people don't like me knocking up 80% of my female characters and I don't plan on changing that, after all.

Keep up the good work and thanks for all the fish, er, content.

P.S. If you're interested in gerenal feedback on the relative popularity of the different characters I'd put my votes in for Vestal, Tiger Queen/Wilderlass, and the Euro princesses as well. But they all have plenty of exposure, hence the above request.

MarkVSharpMarkVSharpover 1 year agoAuthor

@Anon1: Glad to be of help!

@AnonTheMouseKing: Thanks!  As mentioned this was originally my 'note file' I used to keep the characters straight myself, so it wasn't like all this was from scratch; though there were several entries that had to be fleshed out a bunch before I felt comfortable releasing it.  For example, while I already had a good idea what Spartina and the Star Sheriff's backstories were, I never bothered to actually sit down and write them out in detail until I was working on this.

On Spartina - glad you like her!  She's one of my favorites in terms of concept as well.  The long-term plan is to give all of these ladies at least a little time at 'center stage' eventually, so she'll get hers.  Sad to say, I've actually found it a little harder to write stories for her; precisely because she's a little more distinctive in terms of outfit and abilities she doesn't 'fill in' for the others very well, a story pretty much needs to be written from the ground up with her traits in mind.  That said, I agree she's due, so I'll try to make a point to brainstorm up some ideas for her soon, and at the very least slot her into more supporting roles.  If you have any ideas on any particular pairings or matchups you'd like to see for her let me know; I can never guarantee I'll be able to follow through since ultimately a story has to 'click' for me on some level for me to write it and I can rarely do that on command; but it's always helpful to get ideas of what people want to see.

On raceplay:  so obviously she could be used in those sorts of stories, but that's not really her primary purpose in my mind.  Rather Spartina's main 'angle' is intended to center around her pride in her own body.  She's an Olympic athlete after all, she's spent an absurd amount of time and effort on perfecting her physique; and the 'reincarnation of the Spartan warrior elite' thing she has going on also dovetails into this.  There are basically two ways to leverage that as I see it.  One is to put her up against foes who she completely outmatches physically (nerdy scientist villains, tribes of small monsters like the goblins, etc.)  who then proceed to defeat her anyways by either tricking or outsmarting her, thus rendering her superior physique irrelevant.  Or alternatively, you match her up against a direct physical contender who she smugly assumes she will defeat easily, only for her to end up losing anyways.  

Now, just because that's the intended angle doesn't mean that's how she has to be used.  Ultimately all that matters is that the story works and provides good opportunities for smut.  But I bring this up to maybe give you some insight into the sorts of stories I'm probably going to have in mind myself for her.

On your other suggestions:  I'll keep those in mind too.  As mentioned, I'm planning on trying to give everyone some starring roles sooner or later, so you should get your wish eventually; can't say much on exactly when though.  If you have any more requests, don't hesitate to throw them out.  I guess I'll go ahead and make that a general statement as well:  if anyone reading through this finds one particular heroine strikes their fancy, or gets an idea you want to see, go ahead and let me know.  As always I can never promise I'll be able to do it, but if I get a lot of requests along the same line I'll absolutely try to take that as a guide.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thanks for clearing this up. Love your stories! I think my favorite is Black Cicada...loved her attitude in the zoo stories and the explanation of her personality here. I noticed she didn't have much of a weakness (not that it helped her against those monsters!), so if you're still noodling on that could be something to do with her breasts. If she takes pride in having the biggest even among superheroines, and uses them to attract men, they could be the source of her physical strength as well. Just a thought, hope to see more of her in the future.

MarkVSharpMarkVSharpover 1 year agoAuthor

@Anon2: You're welcome!

For what it's worth, Black Cicada's weakness is intended to be the 'unusually susceptible to drugs' bit, also hinted at by the line that she 'can't hold her liquor'. But that is admittedly a bit of a lame weakness, since bluntly it's not like any sleeping drug, aphrodisiac, or et cetera they should encounter is ever going to fail to work on any of these ladies. The only practical impact of her being unusually susceptible is probably going to be that she succumbs slightly before all of the others do.

However, I will admit, I'm a little leery of giving the heroines explicitly sexualized weaknesses. Might be a lost cause, but while they were obviously created with pornographic scenarios in mind, I like to try to retain the illusion of them being 'real' superheroines who simply keep getting caught up in sexual misadventures - at least if you squint hard enough. So having their powers literally center on their sex organs isn't something I'm likely to do. The closest I'm probably going to get: I'm toying with the idea of eventually introducing a fantasy priestess/paladin type character, who gets her powers from her 'vestments' i.e. clothes, and thus loses them by being stripped.

But regardless, your interest is noted! I agree she's another one that I've underused so far and need to uh, 'flesh out' some more. Thanks for writing in, I always appreciate the feedback! If you have any specific ideas for matchups or other story details you'd like to see her in, don't hesitate to throw those out too; while as said I can't promise I'll come through it never hurts to ask.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

OMG! Lorelai's mother is Jean Grey, from whom she inherited her red hair and psychic powers, and her father is Storm Shadow (Lee Byung-hun). I know that kind of crossovers is not your style, but let it be that way at least in my imagination. Thanks so much for this Guide, I am sure it was titanic job and it is very useful.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMarkVSharp@MarkVSharp
STATUS UPDATE JUNE 29 2023: so after a long wait the first of the Beachport Illustrated stories, titled 'Rebel Belle and Katy Colt: Booty,' drops tomorrow. Hope everyone enjoys it! More like it are coming, but probably no more than one every month or two at most, given the...