All Comments on 'A Benign Something'

by jtmalone70

Sort by:
  • 414 Comments
roveroneroverone6 days ago

rascally Gayle...

fisting her new gf/lesbian virgin their first time getting it on-obviously something she and hubby had never considered if they'd even heard to it...

JennaAntillesJennaAntilles20 days ago

What a beautiful story. Well told, beautifully written and with much lovely patience. Absolutely adorable. Romantic, sweet, delightful and joyful. I felt for both characters and more wonderfully, fell in love with both.

ArkingArking2 months ago

This is such a beautiful story, well written, and so full of life's meaningful emotions.

There is one paragraph that stood out.

'"You need to think about it, ok? Don't just make a spur-of-the-moment decision. People are gonna treat you different. They're not going to understand. Some of them might never understand, especially because they've already known you for so long. Your family, your friends and neighbors, the people you work with... Jess, it's not like you're going out in public wearing a new pair of shoes. That doesn't tell anyone what kind of person you are. But coming out as a lesbian? Yeah, right or wrong, I'm sorry to say, that sorta does. People will make character judgments of you based on it. You've already been through one traumatic experience. What you need to do is think about whether you really wanna do it again."'

This is so well written, so thank you very much for having the skill to put into words the feelings that they both must have felt.

I don't know why you stopped writing; I just wished you had written more in this genre.

jupitercreekjupitercreek2 months ago

I've read this story quite a few times over the years and it's just as good every single time. It's such a beautiful story.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A beautifully written romance. Just goes to show there doesn't have to be lots of detailed sex to make it erotic.

What a loss that the author is no longer adding submissions.

Written so long ago now but as a trained editor there are two points I found annoying. Jessie went to Gayle's dinner party on Thursday night, next day (Friday) Gayle brought lunch and Jessie reciprocated and made lunch the following day. What there was school on Saturday?

When Rachel and Kate came home and interrupted their evening Gayle invited Jessie back to her condo. Gayle drove them in her car and yet the next day Jessie drove home, pulling over and parking to cry.

Okay so I am too pedantic, but I find errors like these so distracting and spoil a wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

An engaging and well developed story. A connection is developed between the characters, plot and the reader. Worth every minute of the read. Thankyou for blessing us with your creativity and talent. Those that want quick and dirty missed a lot of what you have to offer.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Beautiful!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

very moving and realistic, kept me reading until the end. :-)

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

As to achieving a realistic and believable story of well-rounded protagonists, you hit the mark dead center. Well done. Bravo. And thank you for a moving story of people I would like to meet.

metroalmametroalma8 months ago

Slow, steady, passionate, loving. Second time for me and might be that I love it more.

imadronG0imadronG08 months ago

Very well written lve read it 3 times now . Not cringeworhy like some other stoeies ive red well done

Reading_is4funReading_is4fun9 months ago

Read it the second time! Still perfect… thanks a lot

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I entirely concur with the last post, as I too read this again, with renewed tears of pain, and uncertainty, and joy. What a lovely and sensitive story. Thank you.

SpencerClareSpencerClare9 months ago

Reading this again after a long time. It still makes me feel good. Thanks for a great story!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

A perfect piece of writing.

jakepedjakeped11 months ago

What a great story l couldn’t put it down from start to finish really enjoyed it. It reminds me of a romcom 🤷‍♂️

Reading_is4funReading_is4fun11 months ago

Absolutely lovely story… thank you

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai64312 months ago

This is the 3rd time I have read this story and want to say that it is one of my favorites! I like the characters and the scenario, and also the fact that it took time for the relationship to develop. And the reality that there are outside influences that may enhance or hinder where the relationship goes!

Thank you for a lovely story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

An incredibly delightful story and so easily believable. Near the end I got worried there might not be a happy ending. I should have trusted you would not let that happen. We are learning so much these days about how complicated our sexuality truly is. Wish I could give the story more than 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story. Sorry that the daughter life changed. But that's a day in the world we live in. Thanks for the story.

Nightwish1977Nightwish1977about 1 year ago

A lovely story, thank you.

DessertmanDessertmanover 1 year ago

I loved it. I love the sensuality of woman/woman love, and that is how I love to be with a woman. If I was a woman that is what I would want.

It reminded me of what happened 50 years ago when a woman in our circle of friends, who had a son and daughter the same age as ours, left her husband to be with one of her female teaching colleagues. They took new jobs and moved away. As I then took a job abroad I lost contact and never saw her again, but learnt through a mutual friend they were very happy together.

mikko_lainenmikko_lainenover 1 year ago

Second reading and as good as last time. Difficulties in coming out are so culture-dependent. I'm from Scandinavia, and here it is literally no biggie. My daughter introduced me to her 1st girlfriend when she was 17 and it's just not that big of a thing. Legally also similar to straight marriage.

dbrok1dbrok1over 1 year ago

Thoroughly enjoyed it, Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

" Lovely story and so relatable even if this is set in North America. I admit I missed the nuances, difficulties and incredible pressure of non-straight people coming out."

You must be kidding. At one time it was but not now. Look at Ezra Miller - if Ezra was straight the Flash movie would have been canceled in a heartbeat. Since Ezra is self-described as "fluid" the movie continues.

S9808S9808over 1 year ago

Second reading. Lovely story and so relatable even if this is set in North America. I admit I missed the nuances, difficulties and incredible pressure of non-straight people coming out. It must be hell particularly if one is in a country that is not tolerant or close friends/colleagues/family are so narrow minded.

great story though and reminds me of a series on British Channel 4/ Netflix called Feel Good.

I like to think of myself as being tolerant to many behavioural characteristics

LilkahunaLilkahunaover 1 year ago

Well done. Natural buildup for that kind of revelation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Intriguing storey highlighting the emotional difficulties that f coming out. Somewhat simplified and possibly naive to think family and friends are so understanding. Not so particularly in some quarters. But this was a well written story which struck a nice balance. I post comments under S9808 on my other device.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One of the first stories I read here. It made me realize Lit is not simply a "stroke" site, there are loving, sweet stories here. I keep coming back for them.

okami1061okami1061over 1 year ago

Ok. Now it's the sixth time I've read this. And get better every time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Lovely. Simply lovely.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This was a fine romance. The characters were real people, with personalities beyond chemically induced lust. It was heartfelt, sad, joyous and deeply touching. Rarely have I read a romance that deeply captured my heart this much. Bravo/Brava

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Lovely beautiful story what a lovely ending more please

skillmanskillmanover 1 year ago

I love this story, it seems so real. Read it twice

Nicole2023Nicole2023over 1 year ago

Love a story that makes me lol. Need a wedding and baby follow up

PurplefizzPurplefizzalmost 2 years ago

What a great story! There’s a hesitancy and nervousness to the characters in this, that’s completely natural (excepting the many ‘ya knows’”, where two shy people who’ve been hurt in the past and don’t know each other at all are trying to form a friendship that could possibly turn into something more, I’ve not seen that quality written into very many stories here on Lit, or indeed mainstream literature. The fact that the author has written that in speaks volumes about their life experiences and quite frankly I loved the awkwardness of it. Great job jtmalone70! Many thanks for writing and posting, cheers Ppfzz.

h2osh2osalmost 2 years ago

I read it years ago and liked it then and now that I have finally stopped running from what I am I loved it. It makes this gurl wish I could find a man like that to fall for.

Lions86Lions86almost 2 years ago

this is a good story so far but on like the 5th or 6th page you say ya know waaaaaaaay too often to the point it gets kind annoying. other than that its seemed like a really good story though

Lions86Lions86almost 2 years ago

this is a good story so far but on like the 5th or 6th page you say ya know waaaaaaaay too often to the point it gets kind annoying. other than that its seemed like a really good story though

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The pacing of the story was perfect. Finding love is in itself, challenging. But you gave the characters time to process their feelings and, though both were older and had a life before, new love deserves every break it can catch....,and that means a few bumps in the road and even a little hesitation. You did great. I'm so happy I read it because, even though I'm a man, I want this kind of love. Thanks for reminding me that the real thing is worth waiting for.

PanzerFeckPanzerFeckabout 2 years ago

Well I lost three hours of my day because I didn't want to put this down. That's not a complaint. Your heart, imagination, and attention to detail were firing on all cylinders. Thanks for the best story I've read here in a while.

Butch_BabyButch_Babyabout 2 years ago

What gets me about this story is the awkwardness. The way they converse with each other. It's practically painful. But then you're describing the amazing conversations there having afterwards. Would have been nice to have seen that.

The lovemaking. Well. Was kinda rough. Hardly "loving" for the 1st time being with a woman showing her what a beautiful thing it can be.

Good story though.

okami1061okami1061about 2 years ago

Third or fourth time around with this story.

Just as good this time.

CeVin_ChienElleCeVin_ChienElleabout 2 years ago

This story cannot get old. This is permanently on my "reread to cheer up" list.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Beautiful.

Romance, not porn.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Beautiful story, not your typical Literotica find; full of compassion, and sensitivity. The erotic content is handled with dignity and yet sensual and effectively contributes to the sensuality of the story. Could most assuredly be at home on the shelves of Barnes and Noble.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This is just amazing. Can’t think of a better way to describe it.

kaleonanikaleonaniabout 2 years ago

I read this story twice and I'll be reading it again soon and I'm still captivated by this very emotional and intimate Love Story. It would make a great movie drama, only if ends like this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This is probably the 7th or 8th time I’ve read this now and it is one of my all-time favourites. I love how their relationship builds slowly and the awkward smiles and touches. It’s so relatable and makes the characters so likeable. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I really enjoyed this story.

One small detail seems inconsistent though.

Rachels's nonchalance towards her mother is strange.

That she could not offer her mother any advice, or even support, when her mother "came out" to her

Rachel was about 20 years old for this story. I know of no 20 year old who does not firmly believe that everything in the world is black or white, no shades of grey. Everything is either yes or no. There is no such word as maybe.

Also every 20 year old I now takes great delight in pointing out their superior knowledge. Particularly to their parents. Any possible way to make sure the parents know that there's a new kid on he block, smarter and cleverer than the previous generation.

Also Rachel had been through this herself, with the support of her bewildered mother. She must have thought she had some superior knowledge.

And on top of that Rachel would have watched her mother's pain and struggles with being a widow and should have been ecstatic for her . Her mother had finally found someone who made her happy , better yet Mommy and lover was joining Rachel in her exclusive club.

It merited more response than "Oh yeah, whatever, can't tell you nothing, cant help you in anyway".

Njbody67Njbody67over 2 years ago

Holy cow I loved this story!

Amanda7Amanda7over 2 years ago

Fabulous Fabulou, at times, What a beautiful love story. You wove it together fantastically, at times i was laughing and sometimes crying with the characters.

I hope you write many many more stories for us out here to fall into and be part of. Thank You

Through_Burning_EyesThrough_Burning_Eyesover 2 years ago

Of all the many wonderful things to love about this story, I think I my favorite is how adorably awkward they are

Of the small handful of things to dislike about this story, I think the one that bugs me most is the fact that no-one appears to have of bisexuality.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow 5*

fallwatcherfallwatcherover 2 years ago

What a beautiful and well-written story. I hope you are still writing, even if it's not here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

5 stars.

Certainly one of the great romance stories here.

The fact it is also a lesbian romance is secondary to that.

Extremely good use of words and feelings to enable us readers to get inside Jess's mind and personality with all her foibles and frailties.

Also lovely to read sex scenes that are relatable and totally believable.

Much more preferable to the endless plethora tales of women with 20" didoes cumming 30 times a day for 40 days with 50 partners.

Sad you are no longer writing here.

A R W

kaleonanikaleonaniover 2 years ago

That was an AWESOME Love Story. A perfect story for a movies.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved it except for Rachel’s ending. Makes her evolution seem like a phase. Beautiful love story though.

MasterpuppyMasterpuppyover 2 years ago

Only mistake made was you don't have to be gay to be in love with someone

AlexieeeeAlexieeeeover 2 years ago

This is such a great story! Totally loved it! <3

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Romantic, erotic (I mean really, really erotic, because of the love) and well written (despite any naysaying.). I love it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great concept and story line but....grossly overused contractions in conversations and people must have "mumbled" a thousand times thru the story. This really detracted from the story.

JaypleeJaypleealmost 3 years ago

The most romantic story I’ve read in … forever. I. Loved it

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Just great !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great wonderful story. Cute, erotic at the right times and real.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I loved it well written a great story

woodseaveswoodseavesalmost 3 years ago

A lovely story, caringly and sensitively written.

The tongue-tied hesitation, the uncertainty of the main characters is so real.

XactoXactoabout 3 years ago

I just read this, again, and found it just as charming as I had before. Your characters are so vulnerable and dear. And Rachel’s voice was completely believable! Thank you for sharing them all. ❤️

devontaffydevontaffyabout 3 years ago

I really loved the 'slow burner' vibe and found the story most plausible.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I love your story. I loved your pacing and Jessie's journey. I struggled to understand why she had to give her identity a label, but I used that dissonance to try and shift my way of thinking. Thank you for writing this story.

TSreaderTSreaderover 3 years ago

A wonderfully written love story! Thank you for sharing this with us!

RangeExpanderRangeExpanderover 3 years ago

This is just so sweet and kind and redemptive. Lovely characters and a great story well told, thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
AWESOME!!

I agree with the other reader FOXYFOWLER and it would be a great idea if you would continue with a 2nd chapter to "a-benign-something" i think it would be great from where she said yes!!

foxyfowlerfoxyfowleralmost 4 years ago
Awesome

This story was true to life and felt part of the story it is fantastic and it shows what it takes when two people find love with whom it be with please follow this story an update as too there marriage and the child they have please and what transpires with the child and Rachel please. jtmalone 70. XXX

MKangeloMKangeloabout 4 years ago
Wonderful story

I love the build up and the intensity.

Nightfall64Nightfall64over 4 years ago
Favorite

This is now my all time favourite feel good story, I'm only sad that it's over but you can be sure I'll be coming back regularly to visit with them again, seriously I loved it, I judge a story or book by weather or not I become attached to the characters, actually start thinking of them as friends, friends I'll miss and want to revisit regularly and this story has achieved that and more, thanks for the sweet feelings and thanks for the new friends I get to visit with.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Coming out

I was a bit upset by Gayle's insistence that Jessie face up to a hard and public redefinition of her sexuality in the way that she did. I couldn't help feeling that forcing a condition on Jessie AFTER she had admitted her love for Gayle was unfair. Conditions? Real love has to be unconditional. If Jessie had been more conflicted about "coming out", and unsure how to define herself, would it really be okay for Gayle to force this on her? Surey Jessie would deserve time and some patience from Gayle.

What if Jessie had decided to come out publicly as bi? Would Gayle have a right to be upset or dissatisfied? Would Gayle have been okay with this?

Wonderful story, I can only wish to experience love like this in my next life. Sure as hell won't happen in this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Marvelous

This story truly is a work of art. I love how it is a slow and beautiful building upon Gayle's and Jessie's emotions and feelings for each other.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

I am a sucker for a such a sweet heart-warming romance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Love it

This is my absolute favourite story on this site, I think I've read it at least 5 times now.

Sexy_LisaSexy_Lisaover 6 years ago
Done it again...

My third time reading the story... What can I say, am a sucker for a heart warming story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Novels

You should definitely be writing and publishing books!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wow

Thank you for writing and sharing this lovely story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Thank you

A simple thank you with all my heart.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Awesome

I just loved that story, so moving, had me in tears several times. I did not want to stop reading it but at the same time did not want it to end, the best I have read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Beautiful Story......

All I can say is WOW!!! Such a beautiful...loving story...One of the best I've ever read on this site....Thank you..........

ZekeNoScooter_8ZekeNoScooter_8about 7 years ago

What a love story! Only Macallan Promises moved me as much, coincidentally also lesbian love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Truly a beautiful story. Every time Jess or Gayle cred, I cried.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
The Deepest Story I've Ever Read

I have never left a comment on this site before, but I have to admit this is honestly the best, most touching story I have read; it feels so real, and every time I read it, it speaks volumes to me. I think this is the 3rd maybe 4th time I have read your piece. I stumbled across it several months ago and fell in love with the entire story. Something made me come back to this site last night and I searched all throughout the lesbian stories just to find this one so I could read it again. As strange as this might sound, I think reading your story is a sign for me to make a change in my life. for the past 3 years I have been with a man, but deep down I have always desired to be with a woman. your story has really moved me and inspired me deeply. The true love shared between Gayle and Jess is the love that I dream of sharing with a woman someday. There aren't any words incredible enough to describe how beautiful this masterpiece is and how talented you are as a writer. I hope you continue to create more lesbian stories like this one, if not I hope you write a book like this story. This was beyond amazing. Thank you so much not just for composing this masterpiece, but also for being my inspiration to want to make the next life-changing step in my life.

Sexy_LisaSexy_Lisaover 7 years ago
Again, WOW...

I don't know, this is my second or third time reading this story, and each time it moves me just a little more believing that two people can find happiness with one another. Again, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

I've read this story a few times now and I still enjoy it just as much as the first time I was introduced to it by my girlfriend.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Best!

This is The best story i have come across here!!!

Randee1958Randee1958almost 8 years ago
Homerun😱

I love this story it was one of the best stories I have read in Literotica like I said homerun 5🌟's

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

One of the most beautiful and touching stories i have read since discovering this site. Thank you for sharing with us this gem.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Amazing!

Hands down my favourite story on this site, I've read it many times. Contrary to the previous comment, I love how nervous they are at first, almost acting like teenagers in love. I think it fits their situation perfectly, both afraid of getting hurt, both longing for simple love and companionship. I love a good build up to romance and this story delivers. Well done.

jenorma2012jenorma2012about 8 years ago
ok where to start

When I started reading this story, it had some good spots in it, until I saw it was 12 pages long, but I though ok keep reading the more I read the more I though these are not women, these are teenagers trying to act like women, there were some good parts but to me it was too long, it started out like the were ashamed of there relationship, and where it was going, and when they finally did make love I was all but tired of reading it, so I just kind of skipped the last couple of pages, I just hope they live happily ever after the end

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Loved it!!!

This story had gripping characters, and it felt so real. I'm not saying I mind reading about lesbian sex (I'm lesbian myself) but this whole story up to the proposal was just amazing! My favorite ever! <3

DougntexasDougntexasover 8 years ago
Just a great story..............

I am a straight guy but I loved every single word of this story. The pace of the story was perfect. The people felt so real. Just a great job all the way around.

Thanks so much.

DougNTexas

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Excellent story

Thank you so much, very touching.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous