All Comments on 'A Birthday Affair'

by Jenna Grey

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
fumunda cheezefumunda cheezeover 19 years ago
Better

Very good story. Perhaps it would have been better if Kathleen had Taken him to the marital bed and they had made love there instead of on the couch.

After Derek had cum, he could have wiped his cock off, on her husband's pillow case, and she could have rubbed his nose in it when he returned.

Her husband was undoubtedly a vile creature by doing his job well, and not being there for her birthday, He definitely deserved being cheated on by his wife in his own home. Maybe the neighbors saw it too. I'm sure they would approve of the tryst also. Perhaps she could keep up the affair and be impregnated by Derek. That would really be nice to do for her husband. That would teach the rotten scoundrel to leave her alone on her birthday.

Gary

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Slut!!!!

It seems like some of u'r readers love the CHEATING wife shit!! She is a fucking cheating slut... No other words for it.. Husband leaves her home on her birthday.. No big deal. He had to work to make the money she spends on her GOOD DEED'S, where she met this guy.. She said it was planed for the next Sat.. She just needed an excuse to fuck the new guy she was playing with from the start.. Not loving wives.. cheating wife!! Frank..

ryu77ryu77over 19 years ago
YES! You go girl!!!

Cheating is the only solution to a troubled marriage.

;)

fumunda cheezefumunda cheezeover 19 years ago
to Slut!!! Just Making fun of her

I was merely making light of the reason that this slutty cheating bitch's audacity to cheat on her husband, apparently for no other reason than she just didn't want to be faithful any longer, and the fact that she was alone on her birthday. Big fucking deal. I'll be he has been alone on his before too, making a living for her and his kids.

The no good bitch fucked this guy right in their own home too. That was very disrespecting too of her husband.

In an appropriate ending, her husband would have came home early on her birthday, and caught her cheating ass, beat the fuck out of Derek, threw her slut ass out with her clothes, and divorced her.

She'd have plenty of time then to worry about birthdays.

Gary

z00timez00timeover 19 years ago
Hey buddy boy

You sure do have a sicko following. Must be all 18 year olds with perpetual hard ons that wouldn't know a relationship from a cum spot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
great

great story, very hot and very well written and believable!

Jenna GreyJenna Greyover 19 years agoAuthor
Thank you for all of the feedback

Wow. I'd like to say that I'm overwhelmed by the comments this story generated. I'd also like to say that I get a lot of my story ideas from what readers ask me to write, as was the case with this one.

All too often marriages are ruined by workaholic husbands. They work to avoid issues that need to be dealt with in their marriage. Also, many men use "working late" as a cover for having an affair. Perhaps this was the case in this story?

While I can't honestly apologize for writing the story, I would like to apologize for offending anyone. But then, literotica.com is filled with offensive stories and story lines.

I appreciate all of the effort everyone took to provide me with their point of view regarding this story. Even the negative comments.

If you prefer "happily ever after" stories (which are my personal choice) you may want to read my story called "Her First Affair: buy the book." You won't be disappointed.

Peace.

Jenna Grey.

RylieOharaRylieOharaover 19 years ago
Great Job!

A story line though overdone, was well written with class. I really enjoyed it. Don't be discouraged by the a-holes, passing judgement on the content. Affairs happen, I've had a few married women, but I never had one who's husband was fulfilling her needs. Rich

Kanga40Kanga40over 19 years ago
I don't understand

How you can write a great story like By the Book,and the degenerate to trash like this.

You wrote this story, YOU set the parameters.

She knew she was getting more sex than her friends. She made NO mention of his having an affair.

YOU also wrote:

"Her birthday hadn?t been forgotten, just untimely. So her party wasn?t scheduled until the following Saturday."

So even your story precis was not correct, or maybe it is the line above that is wrong? Which is it?

For any story to be credible even in its own 'world' it must be consistent. This story is not.

As others have said below, she cheated for the simple reason she felt like it.

There is no mention anywhere that she took the unprecedented step of talking with her husband about her worries, needs or desires.No No No, I'll just go fuck someother guy - that will fix the problem! She seemingly never rejected her husband's money.

A simple line in the story saying she had tried many times to talk with her husband about her boredom and he had refused to do so would at least have made (for the story's sake) some sort of reason for her stupid actions.

Please keep writing, but think about all the links in your story. You need an editor and a reader to ask you these sort of questions before you finish the writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Tried to have it both ways and failed

The inconsistencies. As Kanga40 pointed out, the tag line implied that she was alone on her birthday because her husband forgot about it, but then we find out that this was not true. She worries if this will ruin their friendship, but she doesn't give a thought to what it will do to her marriage, especially since she doesn't try to hide it. Why else would she bring him to her house where others can see them enter together?

Of course, the topper is Jenna Grey's own comments, which puts all of the blame on workaholic husbands. He's her life partner, but it's all his fault. (Huh, she didn't decide to do this all on her own? You must have a low opinion of women.) And when she can't rationalize anything else, suddenly she implies that Peter is cheating on her. A CYA move, and a poor one, if ever I saw one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Great story

Very Hot ! Exciting and believable.

tonytony3tonytony3over 19 years ago
Have courage

There is an active group of voters/comment writers who claim to not like stories like this, but you'll notice they somehow get to the end and leave comments and votes. I suspect they have to go throw away a wad of tissues, too, before they make their comments.

Write stories the way you want to -- you can't please some people, but you're pleasing enough of us, aren't you?

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Excellent Writing on Nonsensical Idiocy

as some already observed, there's no point to this behavior of the wife other than that she's taken care of all the kids and the husband and now it is for her to "have fun" at 40 and the "fun" she has is to roam around helping soup kitchens, having extraordinary sex with men who call her "beautiful" and they can't wait for her to taste their, what?, frost? whta's that?

i mean, why not sit down and plan with her husband and plan something good and fun together, making their long marriage even more special? or if he's truly a bastard who's not into her feelings, or worse, whose into affairs, causing him to tell her that's why he's late all the time, for christ sake, DIVORCE that fuckin' bastard! THEN have sex with ALL THE MEN you want!

i was more surprised that extraordinaire guy, "Derek", was not a Black bortha with a 35 inch penise!, but instead a guy 10 years her senior? is "Derek" on Viagra?

and what does he do anyway? just roaming around, sweet talkin' to and fucking married women who have spent their whole lives taking care of husbands and kids and no time for themselves in the 20s and 30s? what kind of "romance" is taht?, sucking strangers dick and screaming like lunatic,,,, and how deep or lasting could it be?, compared to the mundane but good/boring life she's had with the boring husband for all these years?

Jenna GreyJenna Greyover 19 years agoAuthor
You're missing the whole point of the story.

First of all, the tagline DID NOT imply she was going to be alone. "Forgotten wife" and "friend" should have given the reader enough of a warning that she would be spending the night with someone other than her husband. Also, the category is not Loving Wives. That should have been a clue as well.

Most importantly, The Entire Point of the story is being missed. It was a slice of life. A SHORT story. It was a glimpse at the life of a normal, ordinary woman and how she could get caught up in something unplanned and larger than herself- because she is human. No one in this world is perfect. Not even you men who are so indignant over this piece of fiction.

It doesn't matter if her husband was a workaholic or was cheating on her, the fact is that after being faithful to him for all of those years something clicked in her and she was unfaithful. When I added reasons in my initial response it was to offer insight. Not place blame.

I'm not glorifying her behavior, I didn't blame her husband in the story because that was unnecessary for the story line. I was merely giving you people a glimpse of something that happens every day out in the real world.

Men and women, GOOD men and women, faithful husbands and wives, find themselves in a situation and sometimes make bad choices.

For those of you who went totally off the wall, more power to you, as you are obviously strong enough to never, ever desire anyone else other than your partner. Pity your partner if they are not made of the same ilk.

As far as the black bortha goes, I try to give my story a bit of credibility. I don't even know what a black bortha is, and when I tried to look it up there wasn't such a word. Besides, haven't you heard? Size doesn't matter.

It would seem she was more attracted to Derek because of the friendship and interest he took in her.

Ask any woman out there, I'm sure they will tell you that genuine friendship and genuine interest can be much more arousing than a 35 inch penis.

I find it interesting that only men are freaking out about this story. Maybe you are all workaholics (or hide out on lit.com) to avoid marital issues as well?

ryu77ryu77over 19 years ago
Thanks to the author...

For taking the time to respond to the readers.

I for once, am going to tell you that this story ticked a nerve on me, because I always assume stories that feature a cheating wife would appear on LOVING WIFE & INTERRACIAL LOVE sections. My bad.

I agree with this quote:

"Men and women, GOOD men and women, faithful husbands and wives, find themselves in a situation and sometimes make bad choices. "

In real life, shit like this happens everyday.

BTW, going to read your other submissions.

HenryDavidThoreauHenryDavidThoreauover 19 years ago
Thanks Author for His/Her Intelligent Reflection

Writing a story, any story --- even a two page story, if it is a good, emotionally, intellectually satisfying one (not necessarily that it always has a "good ending") --- takes a lot of planning, imagination, banging away at the keyboard, etc.

It is quite true that even GOOD people make bad decisions under certain witting/unwitting circumstances, as the author says. And SOMETIMES they will have to live with the consequences of those decisions, despite the love, the muatual love,,,

There are THREE basic groups of commentators in Literotica:

(1) those who usually want illicite sex, the more the better, without regard to moral, ethical, and other "righteous"/"nonsense" issues;

(2) those who usually want "good endings" to stories, especially emotionally moving stories, endings that, though not necessarily "moralistic" still convey a certain fundamental "truth" or "yearning" about the decisions we make and their consequences (e.g., people who are vicious, who make bad decisions on purpose, should have to "suffer", not the good people who are nurturing and trusworthy, etc.)

(3) those who want all the above PLUS good, reflective, witty writing from the AUTHOR (e.g., when some reader say "___ should have caught___ and toss ___'s ass out," etc., what they are saying is: the AUTHOR should have written in such a way that the "good guys" end triumphing, for being hurt maliciously by the one he/she loved deeply.)

But, finally --- and this is the most important point --- as the author herself/himself points out, these stories (short or long) are truly just a SMALL "slice" of the life of a person, of a couple.

(You can tell how "real" a story is, when you have a whole bunch of people from different angles, different beliefs, screaming at you for writing/treating a certain character a certain way. They are able and willing to identify themselves with those characters, feeling their happiness, pains, and sorrows,,,)

Again, thanks, AUTHOR, for the emotionally charged story.

Hopefully --- whether in this fictitious story or in real life ("reality" really immitates "fiction" to a higher degree than most people want to acknowledge) --- a couple LIKE this one, despite their hurting each other, can sit down as adults and work things out, whether they stay together or go their separate ways.

Personally, as some others have lamented on, I believe that

"love"/"excitement" without "trust"/"respect" in each

other --- in a special way that only two people who've struggled through good times and bad times can share --- is not much.

"Love"/"excitement" is seeing someone beautiful/handsome, getting to know them, and doing things for and with them.

"Trust"/"respect" is about saying to oneself: "I will suffer and die, first, before I ever hurt this person, who I know will also suffer and die for me before they hurt me."

E.g., when someone you love deeply says to you one day, "I don't love you any more and I thinnk we should go our separate ways" --- it is hurtful, but it is a mature and honest thing to do. But when he/she says to you, without saying it, "I love you to death/I don't love you any more,,, and, by the way,,, I've been with someone else for sometime now, I thought you should know/I didn't want you to know,,,"

Anyway, what makes us DIFFERENT from other species is that we are not only able to FEEL but also capable of REFLECTING on qualities called "happiness" and "sorrow", from the most "mundane" to the most "sacred" and have the capacity/intelligence to CHANGE the trajectory of our lives,,,,

SappholoversSappholoversover 19 years ago
When I talk, he looks me in the eye and listens

I found this story to be very compelling for both its style and its storyline. A woman did a study of women who have affairs and why they do it...with a focus on what they find most attractive about the man with whom they are having an affair. Time and again, she found women giving the same explanation: "When I talked, he looked me in the eye and listening." Could this be part of the answer about what women truly want? When men and women converse, 80% of the interruptions are done by the man (another study by a sociolinguist). So I like how this story gives flesh to these statistics: Derek knows how to listen and give care and attention to the woman with his eyes and his mind as well as with his cock. Indeed, his capacity for sustained care and listening is more important than his size and stamina. What I also find so true about this story is the sexiness of women over forty or in middle age--the time when they become more free of the cultural script that makes their primary role when younger to be that of a mother or a wife helping her man in his career. At this age, some women may put their sexual selves aside, but others embrace it with rediscovered joy and passion...as never in their lives have they been more independent and powerful and wise about love and life and erotic play and what they are looking for

in a man--both inside and outside the bedroom. With all things being equal, in terms of power and safety, I daresay many women are no more monogamous than men, and they can--and should--do something for themselves, embracing life and their sexuality with abandon and zest. Let the man tone deaf to the needs and desires of his wife beware. Let the woman desirous to experience again the magic and mystery of sex be encouraged by this wonderful, bold, beautifully written story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
emotional needs

I, for one, am amazed at the vast variety of emotionally-charged comments this story has generated. I am also astounded that so many people do not get the idea that the "affair" in the story was in response to the woman's need to be seen, heard, and loved, not fucked. So many men, unfortunately, do not understand how these things are not just of importance to a healthy woman, they are vital. And when they are missing.... well, I'm not saying I agree with extra-marital sex...

Besides, would any reader have had such a strong emotional response to a story about how the wife who's feeling forgotten demanded her husband cut his workweek to 40 hours so they could go to marriage counseling, then after a few years managed to get some spark back into their sex life? I think not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wow! Great story btw...

So, first, I have to say how appauled I am at many of these comments. This is a, STORY. Whether it be true or not, it was well written. If you don't like the prospect of cheating or affairs and can't be mature about critiquing someones creative right, then just move along. It's quite simple. The anger that some of you men portrayed in words is actually upsetting, way more than the idea of cheating. Tell me, if it were some hot steamy affair the husband had out on his business trip, would you feel differently? A woman is a slut and a bitch for wanting to feel wanted but a lovely man is acceptable fulfilling a need?

I'm sorry, but this is the first story I've read on this site as I just signed up and after reading the very rude and distasteful comments and reactions to this story, I don't know that I want to post any of my stories or poems. Married or not, we all have desires and imaginations and that is what writing is about; creatively putting into words our creative thoughts.... Erotica. Don't judge the writer for the content you didn't like. It was very clear from the beginning this woman was going to "fuck" someone else, so you could have simply moved on.

I feel sorry for this author because of the horrible distasteful criticism.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Very good story; some humorous commentators

The humourous image of five or ten outraged lascivious readers furiously ranting about the very realistic and understandable and oft-occuring actions of this nice imaginary (?) woman really made me smile.

This was a very good and, as I said, realistic story about something that happens all the time to many normal, decent women (and men) and virtually never does any harm. And leaves happy memories.

Wish I knew the heroine.

Just a suggestion - perhaps the negative commentators could shift their vitriolic focus to one or more of our non-performing politicians.

I'll look for more from Jenna Grey.

Northstar

Jenna GreyJenna Greyabout 9 years agoAuthor
Thank you for ALL of your feedback!

I want to say thank you to the readers who defended me for writing this story, I'm honored and humbled at your support.

To all of those who were enraged and incensed, I want to thank you also for your input. This was a purely fictional story, and to elicit such emotion from you tells me that my character and story felt real. And that is what I aim for when writing.

I apologize to anyone who was offended by this story, whether it is because it hits too close to home, or defines a dark desire you do not want to admit or address.

Live out your fantasies here and you will not have to become the person you would hate to become.

All the best,

Jenna

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJenna Grey@Jenna Grey
53 Followers
(I'm chained to my writing.) Writing is like making love. Don't worry about the orgasm, just concentrate on the process. -Isabel Allende