All Comments on 'A Book of Letters Ch. 01'

by personalsecretarytobias

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
FailedscoutFailedscoutover 8 years ago
Just Incredible!!!

Great story with an incredible build up. I hope that you continue this and I can't wait to see where it goes. Thank you for posting it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Keep going!

I am very excited to see the next chapter. The setup was done very well and it was well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wow, what an amazingly hot start!

Like so many others, I can't wait to see what happens next! I hope it won't be too long before we find out!

personalsecretarytobiaspersonalsecretarytobiasover 8 years agoAuthor
Author's Note

There is much more coming. The story arc is mapped out, and it's going to be a long, hot journey. Chapter 2 coming soon, in which our teacher, Miss Becca, is prominently featured. Thanks for the positive feedback! My first published story, so reading these comments is gratifying.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Weird. I don't know how any guy could be so stupid as to jack off in his office, cameras or not.

Then again, the story is very intriguing, and worth reading, as well as worth waiting for additional chapters

JackSprat88JackSprat88over 8 years ago
One thing that's intriguing here...

is trying to imagine what in the world Miss Becca has on Veronica to get her to play along with such a sexually demanding plan (especially since it comes to seem that Veronica is not really attracted to to Alex at all) to such an amazing degree.

Though it's clearly kind of a sidebar issue (though it goes to plausibility to some extent, I guess), maybe that will show up later in the series, though that's clearly up to the author. I like the writing here so much that if I had my way, Veronica's story (and what Miss Becca knows about or otherwise has on her) would become a later story in its own right. But for now, I just look forward to what happens next for poor benighted Alex.

personalsecretarytobiaspersonalsecretarytobiasover 8 years agoAuthor
Author's Note

Veronica's story is coming my friends. Not sure when yet, because as previously indicated this is going to be a long one, and it may be a way's off. But, as Miss Becca has told Alex, Word of the Day No. 2: Patience. :)

JackSprat88JackSprat88over 8 years ago
Thank you for the answer!

I'm thrilled both to hear that you already had Veronica's story in mind and that this story will be such a long one, personalsecretarytobias.

And your allusion-based appeal for patience was definitely clever. But to quote maybe the most famous king in history, "You Heavens! Give me that patience, patience I need!"

As you might recall, instead of achieving such patience, King Lear goes mad. And if he couldn't drum it up, what chance does a randomly numbered, nursery-rhyme namesake like me have, especially when the conjured sexuality in play here is so potent?

personalsecretarytobiaspersonalsecretarytobiasover 8 years agoAuthor
Author's Note

Jack Spratt 88 -- thank you for your kind note, and your witty repartee. In your honor, I just pulled my tattered copy of King Lear off the shelf. Act III, Scene VI, Kent: "All the power of his wits have given way to his impatience. The gods reward your kindness."

On a side note, as a pseudo-scholar, I have found this publication work humbling business. Commentary both fair and senseless. I have been thinking my next story shall be simply a tale of wanton fucking without any effort at story-telling. Me thinks it would be better received.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
pretty stupid

The blatant editing in the video is a complete giveaway to any judge. I somehow doubt Veronicas favor is big enough to risk the complete social and financial destruction from getting her ass sued off.

personalsecretarytobiaspersonalsecretarytobiasover 8 years agoAuthor
Author's Note

I have noticed in the various comments on my story so far (this and other chapters) a tendency toward finding the entire blackmail/forced participation scheme imposed upon Alex entirely implausible. Of itself, that is fair game and fair criticism. I am not the least bit certain I have created a plausible scenario, and if I have not, better work on my part is required. This is a work in progress, and perhaps I can fill in some of the gaps later.

However, there is a trend in this type of comment (which I have observed with other commenters on other stories) to point out the somewhat obvious fact that someone might go to jail or get sued as a result of all of this. Veronica could certainly get sued or go to jail. Miss Becca could certainly get sued or go to jail. Extortion, voyeurism, criminal confinement, computer trespass, trespass, and perjury (among other things) are all criminal acts, which the general public should certainly not engage in, and if they do, conviction and even prison time is entirely warranted. Indeed, I would wager that I could find criminal acts in the vast majority of the stories I have read on this website.

On the other hand, the video tape and photographic evidence that was used as part of the set-up here is not necessary to send poor Alex to prison. Veronica's perjured testimony alone could do that. Our prisons are loaded with people who have been convicted on the testimony of a single witness, particularly in cases involving criminal sexual activity, with little to no corroborating evidence. The edited video tape and photographic evidence really only serves to plant in Alex's mind the potential for trouble he is in if he fails to comply with Miss Becca's commands.

My primary point is that there comes a time when reading almost any work of fiction (or watching a television show or movie) that one must spend less time on finding the holes in the story than in simply viewing it all with a wide angle lens, and enjoying it for the themes and entertainment value. There was a time when I stopped watching an entire genre of televisions shows that are based upon a world with which I am intimately familiar because they had become inherently implausible to me. I finally overcame that disdain and enjoy them again.

But, if readers simply do not like my story, that is cool. I dislike a lot of stuff. Thanks for reading anyway!

JackSprat88JackSprat88over 8 years ago
a modest proposal

Both here and in the comments and replies related to other stories, personalsecretarytobias, shows amazing restraint.

And the author makes a great point in the comment immediately below. There seem to be many on this site, a great number of whom have never published anything here (and maybe elsewhere), who seem bent on framing the most obvious and/or dubious of comments in the most self-pleased and rude of ways. The author does a good job defusing once such "helpful" observation below, but they come in all types here, with their larger unifying characteristic being the anger that seems to animate them. If you don't like this or any other story, why not just stop reading this author or even this site and seek out something else here or elsewhere more to your liking, especially if you've never added even one sentence of your own to the collected writings here, except to try to shoot somebody else's work down? My favorite (read least favorite) of this gang of self-appointed critics are those who point out--horror of horrors--that there are actually grammar and punctuation problems in many of these stories. ("Yeah, this story was getting pretty hot, right up to that second comma splice, then all I could think about was that....") Why not write the author(s) involved and volunteer to help with that aspect of what they write, or just silently find something else to read that meets your elevated grammatical standards? As someone with a doctorate in English, I couldn't care less about such goofs, but if you are so bothered, why torture yourself?

It's rumored that the sexual element in these stories is the main reason most people here are reading them, not because they reflect the likes of a New York Times-ready level of language usage or consistent compliance with the finer points of state of the art jurisprudence. If the latter qualities are what you're really after, aren't you being just as stupid as you like to imply many of the authors and their characters here are by looking for those things on a site called Literotica, instead of, for instance, in the New York Review of Books or the Yale Law Journal? And if you have a sound point to make about something that appears here, is it really asking so much to think you might do it civilly and with some trace of humility? Newsflash! As personalsecretarytobias's response below neatly exemplifies, you may not know half as much as you'd like to think you do about the topics in question in these stories, and as long as the stories involved are hot, the odds are very good that nobody but you cares what faults you've convinced yourself you've found in them, anyway.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous