A Briefly Different Love

Story Info
What does a man do when his wife takes a lover.
11.9k words
3.43
21.2k
20
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I knew it was ten-thirty when my PA brought the coffee, biscuits and a daily paper into my office. Marjory has been with me since I became the CEO and knew exactly how and when I liked my morning coffee and afternoon tea.

'I have reserved a table for twelve-thirty at the Belsham Hotel for our lunch appointment with John Chimes, Mr Sterling'

I thanked Marjory and confirmed there were no other meetings until then. I had long ago given up asking her to call me Tim, like everyone else.

Having worked long and hard to become the CEO of Asquith Financial Services, one of the largest investment companies in the country, I really appreciated having such a reliable PA, like Marjory, looking after me.

Alone with my coffee and munching on a nice chocolate biscuit, I knew that at fifty-seven I was finally enjoying my career ambition. My power within Asquith Financial Services was unquestionable, and my income, together with stock holdings, bonuses, and investments are considerable.

Privately, I also considered myself very fortunate. I had a long and very satisfactory marriage to a remarkable woman. Amanda, at just two years younger than me, and was the senior partner with Montague, Morgan and Partners, a leading firm of corporate lawyers. Like me, she had worked hard to achieve her career ambition and was now being exceptionally financially rewarded.

I would say that many would consider that my wife and I were quite high up in social status. Not that it concerned either of us.

Our housekeeper, Mrs Stokes had the evening meal ready to be served when Amanda and I arrived home at about six-thirty. Mrs Stokes had been with us for five years and was now totally indispensable to both of us.

During dinner, Amanda and I talked about our two children, Steve and Susan. Both were happily married to successful husbands but there was still no talk of either of them giving us grandchildren.

'How did you lunch with Mr Chimes go,' Amanda asked me.

'He wants financing to upgrade a large portfolio of small, rental properties.'

'How many?' she asked.

'Seven Hundred and seventy-one,' I told her. 'His family have acquired them over the last fifty years. He needs to spend between eight to ten thousand on each one, which means an investment of seven to eight million.'

'Is it a good investment for you?'

'It's not what we usually undertake but we are going to have another meeting. What about your day, anything interesting?'

'Yes, I've been approached by a perfumery house about a new brand they are developing.'

'Perfume, that smells interesting,' I joked. 'Who approached you?'

'I think it will be very interesting,' Amanda replied, with just a smile at my joke. 'It was just a preliminary phone call to set up a meeting with their CEO, Jacelyn Penrose.'

A month later I went ahead with the investment into Mr Chimes property portfolio. Amanda told me she was still negotiating the contracts for the launch of the perfume house's new brand.

Two months later I casually asked Amanda about her negotiation with the perfume people. 'Are you still in negotiation with Jocelyn Penrose about that perfume thing?' I thought she hesitated a bit before answering.

'Oh, that just concluded,' she said. 'It's a new range of garments, not perfume. It should be in the shops in another three months. I'll be having some samples soon,' she added.

When I asked her if she was still seeing Jocelyn Penrose, again she hesitated. 'Well, yes, we still meet occasionally. Her husband, Grayson owns a chain of hotels, he inherited them from his father.'

Both her hesitation and the change of subject to Jocelyn's husband worried me for some reason. 'He owns some hotels, perhaps Jocelyn could get me a discount if I stay in one of them.' I don't travel much but everyone likes a good discount.

'They're not business hotels, darling. They're all small, exclusive hotels, in out of the way places.'

The way she spoke about them had me thinking she knew more than she was telling me about Jocelyn and her husband. 'They sound wonderful, how about we book a few days away together? The next time you see Jocelyn ask her about it.'

The following Saturday evening, we went out to dinner at our favourite restaurant. Something we tried to do at least once a month. When, like us, you can afford it, dining at a Michelin three-star restaurant is always a special occasion. The ambience, the company of the other clientele, the courtesy of the waiters, the way your meal is presented, everything lulls you into a feeling of wellbeing. Then there is the meal itself, priceless.

Over the desert, Amanda told me she had asked Jocelyn about us staying at one of her husband's hotels. 'We are going to be their guests next weekend,' she said. 'At a country house hotel tucked away in the Cotswolds.'

'That's very kind of Jocelyn, am I going to meet her?' Perhaps I'll find out why my wife has been so hesitant when talking about her.

'That's what she said to me, "it's about time I met your husband."

'Have you met her husband?'

'No, I'm looking forward to meeting him.'

While I was anticipating a weekend away in a boutique hotel in the Cotswolds with my beautiful wife, she seemed to become increasingly nervous. On Thursday Amanda phoned me at the office, nothing unusual in that, except this time it was to tell me Jocelyn was in town and had invited her out for the evening. They had been out together in the evening twice before but I had been told about it a couple of days beforehand.

She returned home at ten and immediately told me they'd had a lovely evening together. Then told me she had to change as she was still wearing her business suit. When I thought about it later I wondered why she hadn't changed into one of the dresses she kept in her office.

We had both expected that I would drive us to the hotel, but that evening Amanda told me a limousine would be at our house by four on Friday.

The hotel was deep in the countryside. A large country house approached by a winding drive through a small wood. Only the gatehouse at the entrance to the drive gave any indication that the road went anywhere.

We were made very welcome and told that Mr and Mrs Penrose would meet us in the lounge at seven-thirty for pre-dinner drinks. Our room had all the luxury you would expect in a small, exclusive hotel. The drinks cabinet was well stocked with generously sized bottles of most spirits, including my favourite whisky and Amanda's wine. Not by chance, I thought.

The biggest surprise, for me, was when we went into the bedroom. Not only was the bed huge but Amanda's squeal of delight focused my attention to the complete set of exquisite lingerie laid out on the bedspread in their unopened packing.

'Tim, look at these, Jocelyn said there would be a surprise for me in our room.'

I was confused. 'Why would she give them to you?'

'Oh Tim, Jocelyn also own's, 'Rachels Pleasure,' it is far more exclusive than Victoria's Secret's and much too expensive for me.'

I was now more confused. 'You said she owns Rachel's Pleasure, does she also own the perfume house?'

'Of course, you must have known that?'

'No. All you told me was that she was the CEO.'

'I'm sorry, I thought I told you.'

Two hours before we met our hosts I took advantage of the time and made sure Amanda enjoyed our shower together. We ended up with less than an hour to get dressed. Enough time for me but Amanda wanted to take advantage of everything presented on the dressing table.

Finally, she was ready to wear the displayed lingerie. I offered to help her but was told I could only watch. My wife, even at the age of fifty-five is still a tall, beautiful woman who has kept herself in peak condition. She had gained a softness around her hips and more shape to her thighs, which I liked. To my eyes, even her ass seemed adoringly plumper. Her breasts had lost some of their youthful firmness though her nipples were still very perky.

As I watched Amanda dressing in Jocelyn's gift of lingerie I could see how much pleasure she was getting. First, the bra was taken from its luxurious wrapping and carefully fitted to her ample breasts.

Then she unwrapped the suspender belt and displayed it to me. 'You can put this around my waist if you like, darling.'

It felt and looked so sensual I took longer to fit that suspender belt around my wife's waist than ever before.

Then I handed the luxurious stocking pack to her and was told to sit down and watch. I doubt if any man doesn't get ideas while watching his wife put on a pair of stockings. Amanda has a wonderful way of doing it while glancing sassily at me all the time. Somehow my brain retained sufficient control over my emotions to keep me seated.

Finally, she opened the pack of panties. She shook them out then held them up to me. 'Beautiful, aren't they?'

I could just about nod in affirmation, then watched as my wife slowly draw them up her silk covered legs. A brief wiggle and there she stood in all her lingerie glory. The fit to her body was flawless and the combination of browns and creams in each garment matched her skin colour perfectly.

Seeing my wife's pleasure from wearing Jaclyn's gift and the way it enhanced her already beautiful body, almost overawed me. Yet, at the back of my mind was a lingering concern that there was an ulterior motive to Jocelyn's gift.

Amanda turned to the wardrobe and returned with a dress I had never seen before. 'I bought this as a special surprise for you but perhaps you've already had enough surprises for one night?'

I got my voice back. 'Please, surprise me. I think I can take one more.'

The dress was a light cream, perfectly marching her lingerie. Moments later Amanda had stepped into the dress and drawn it all the way up. There were two thin shoulder straps, a straight, loose-fitting bodice and a fitted, knee-length skirt. She turned her back to me and glanced over her shoulder in a way I had seen so many times before when she needed a dress zippered up.

Obediently I zipped her up and fastened the tiny button. Then I put my arms around her and told her the dress was perfect and looking at her reflection on the full-length mirror, I told her she was still an incredibly beautiful woman.

She turned within my arms, thanked me then gave me one of her wonderful kisses. 'I think it's time we presented ourselves to our hosts.'

That lingering concern was tingled again when Amanda told me it was time to present ourselves. I wish I knew why, but the thought crossed my mind, that if Jocelyn knew about my wife's lingerie, did her husband also know and then a thought entered my head, who would be the next person the see her wearing it.

Although both of us had worked hard and for long hours to achieve the success we now enjoyed, neither of us had ever neglected the other. Our social life was full and my sex life was extremely satisfying, as I thought Amanda's was. Yet, I just couldn't get rid of this concern I'd had ever since Jacelyn Penrose had entered my wife's life.

They were waiting for us when we entered the hotel lounge. I knew who they were even before Amanda said anything. It was immediately obvious to me that they were a powerful couple; and not just in business. After the introduction by Amanda and the obligatory cheek kissing from Jacelyn, then the introduction and handshaking from Grayson, we were finally seated in a quiet corner of the room.

As I expected, Grayson ordered my favourite whisky and Amanda's favourite wine. After they were delivered, by a very attractive young lady, Grayson caught my eye. 'Jocelyn told me what your favourite drink was so I added a couple of bottles to the bar stock.'

Jocelyn may have been disclosing things about us to her husband but Amanda had not told me anything about them. Another disquieting fact to add to my concerns.

Almost a soon as we had finished our drinks Grayson was told our table was ready. I am always amazed how a restaurant can fit everything onto a table half the size we need at home. This meant we were sitting quite close to each other. I was impressed by the menu, the service and the meal. Not quite Michelin three-star, though I don't think Amanda noticed as almost all her time was taken up by her conversation with Grayson.

Jocelyn was an equally attentive hostess, telling me about how she started her perfume house with her sister and then the lingerie company. When I asked about her sister she told me she had died three years ago and she had bought her shares from her husband, who had no interest in either company.

By now my desert had arrived and while I waited for us all to be served I felt Jocelyn's hand on mine. 'Now I want you to tell me all about yourself,' she said, her hand giving mine a gentle squeeze.

Soon I telling her all about my life, my career and my marriage. Without me realising it, I was beginning to enjoying the company of this beautiful, vivacious woman whom I sensed could be very controlling. Also, whatever her perfume was, it made her even more alluring.

When asked where we wanted coffee we all agreed on the lounge. Almost as soon as we entered the room, Jocelyn and my wife sat together in the settee while Grayson and I had the individual armchairs. Jocelyn and my wife were immediately in conversation.

I turned to Grayson and he was already looking at me. 'They look good together, don't they?'

If he had said, they get on well together, I would have immediately agreed, but to say that, "they look good together," seem to be implying something else and for a moment I didn't know quite how to reply. 'Yes, Amanda has told me that they have enjoyed some social time together.'

I glanced at my wife and wanted to change the subject. 'Amanda tells me that you own a chain of hotels like this one?'

'Yes, my grandfather acquired to first one and added two more, then my father added another four and since I took over I have added five. Six of them are on the continent.'

The more we talked the more I realised just how wealthy Grayson and his wife really were. It was his five million that had helped financed Jocelyn and her sister's perfume venture. Their own money and another two million for Grayson had financed their lingerie venture. He told me that all the money had now been repaid. 'This latest venture of Jocelyn's is all her own money, though I take credit for giving her the idea', he added with a smile.

I had to ask because Amanda hadn't told me anything about it. 'What is this new range of garments your wife is launching? Amanda hasn't told me anything other than that.'

Grayson looked at me for a moment, then turned to where our wives were sitting. I don't know for how long Grayson and I had been talking, but when I turned and saw Amanda and Jocelyn sitting together I was surprised at the display of familiarity they were sharing.

'Jocelyn.' They were so absorbed in each other it took her a moment before she realised Grayson had spoken to her. They both looked up at the same time and my wife gave me a lovely smile.

'Jocelyn, Tim wants to know about your new line of garments.'

For a second Jocelyn seem hesitant. 'Not yet, Grayson, I want Amanda to see the full range first.' That surprised me as I thought Amanda would have seen the full range already.

Whether it was the closeness of Amanda and Jocelyn that suggested an intimacy between them, or the interaction between Jocelyn and Grayson, or the way my wife smiled at me, but at that moment I felt the dynamics between us all had changed and I was the only one who didn't know why.

'Well if you want to show her now, I'll look after Tim'

I saw Jocelyn look at her watch, then say something to my wife. 'Tim, it's nine now, I'll bring Amanda back to your room by eleven.' She stood and held out her hand. which my wife took hold of.

Amanda smiled at Jocelyn then turned to me. 'You don't mind if Jocelyn shows me her new collection now, do you darling?'

Whatever I was thinking, I had no obvious reason to object. 'I'll be waiting for you,' I replied, then stood up and gave her a hug and a kiss.

Just after I sat down Grayson handed me another whisky. 'You don't have to worry about Amanda, when Jocelyn likes someone she takes very good care of them.'

That's what worried me, just how much Jocelyn wanted to take care of my wife. I already had concerns about their relationship even before tonight, now Grayson and I had seen them together I was wondering why he wasn't as concerned about them as I was.

'Do you play snooker?'

It took me a moment to realise I'd been asked a question. "Years ago, an uncle taught me.'

'Good, let's have a game, take your mind off them.'

Whisky glass in hand I followed Grayson, thinking about his comment about taking my mind off them. The room had two tables but no obligatory board for darts to disturb the concentration. Grayson was good but thanks to some retained memory of what my uncle Jack had taught me, I won a couple of frames. Or was it the whisky I kept drinking that helped me?

I saw Grayson looking at his watch. 'Ten to eleven, time for you to get you back to your room. I hate to have to convince Jocelyn that we were only playing snooker if she gets Amanda back before you.'

I'd been back in our room for ten minutes when the door opened and Amanda came in with Jocelyn behind her. She came straight up to me, put her arms around me, hugged me tight and gave me a lovely kiss.'

When she leant back I could see she had made some attempt to restore her appearance, but her hair was still disarrayed and her lipstick looked like it had been hurriedly applied. I looked over at Jocelyn and there was a wicked look of satisfaction on her smiling face.

I was still thinking of something to say when Amanda reached for Jocelyn's hand and pulled her toward us. 'Tim, darling, Jocelyn and I have been very naughty. You won't be too cross with me, will you, darling?'

Two darlings in one sentence, she must have been very naughty. Before I could reply she was kissing me again. Any doubt I had about my wife's relationship with Jocelyn evaporated with that kiss. I gently pulled us apart and looked between them.

'Jocelyn, am I right to assume that you have seduced my wife into your bed?'

Jocelyn must have dealt with a situation like this before because I felt she was completely in control. She stroked my arm then kissed my cheek and I remembered my earlier thought about her, as I again enjoyed her perfume. 'Of course, I have Tim, several times, because she is so perfect for me.'

Well, there it was, just as I had suspected. Jocelyn and my wife were lovers. Even as the thought was in my head she whispered in my ear. 'Amanda needs you to reclaim her, Tim. Let her know you still love her.'

She kissed my cheek then turned to Amanda. 'You were wonderful, darling.' Then she kissed her on her lips.' Right in front of me. 'Grayson and I will meet you tomorrow, on the restaurant terrace about two,' she told us, before closing the door behind her.

When the door closed Amanda looked at me with big, appealing eyes. As I looked at her, I remembered that Jocelyn's appearance seemed to have been totally unaffected by whatever had left my wife looking so dishevelled. 'Do you want to tell me anything about it?' I asked, while not sure if I wanted to know anyway.

She shook her head. 'Not now please, darling, maybe another time. I just need you to make love to me, please Tim, please darling.'

As I looked at my wife and saw the love in her eyes I knew I had too much invested in this beautiful woman, to refuse her. I think I had also subconsciously prepared myself for this moment.

I started by kissing her.

I woke up before my wife and it was a few moments before I recalled all the events of yesterday. As I turned toward her, Amanda was facing me, laying on her side. Her long, blonde hair was spread over the pillow and there was a tranquillity about the way she breathing.