All Comments on 'A Brother's Homecoming'

by DCCoffeeman

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
Frankie1952Frankie19524 months ago

Love it, what a wonderful story.

Rickman48Rickman484 months ago

Nice story line. One thing about the army (or US military in general), officers don’t “enlist”. They are commissioned and while they can resign their commission to retire or leave, they are subject to recall anytime if needed. They never “re-enlist. Second, Generals can’t promote someone except in special circumstances (like in the middle of a war/battle) and then it’s only temporary. Promotion board’s review who is eligible for the next rank up and usually that gets much harder as you go higher; there are a fixed number of authorized officers and there has to be a vacancy to be considered for the rank by the board. Otherwise it’s a great story :).

babaloo92babaloo924 months ago

Great story. Unique story plot. I liked it a lot.

KJ1958KJ19584 months ago

I loved this. Well written.

Thank you for a beautiful read.

CILMAraeCILMArae4 months ago

It really is a truly wonderful love story. Thank you for sharing your talents!

Babo66Babo664 months ago

Great story thanks for taking the time to write it!!

5 stars for me

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

What a great story loved it

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Definitely one of the best stories I have ever read.

muskyboymuskyboy4 months ago

You never said WHY his foster parents adopted him! The Lacy story felt like a completely different, unrelated story just thrown in at the end. Did David and Julie get married? All of a sudden they had 3 y/o kids and were living in Hawaii! The entire relationship with his adopted parents was built up and then ignored. Way too many loose ends to be enjoyable for me.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Well a BA degree may take 120 units. I have earned a BS or 140 units. How could someone almost earn a degree and finish high school? I see earning 15 units in six months. Sow could someone be ice cold in the military? If anything family is important when a person is alone! This guy seems cold and immature so this must be a fable? Maybe you will have good luck on the next story?

ManoBlueManoBlue4 months ago

The way that relationship crumbled was really weak.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Best short story I have ever read. Thank You

cageysea9725cageysea97254 months ago

When the second word after the title is butchered, a good first impression is impossible to make.

I don't think I found a possessive word executed correctly, with the possibility of 'my'. Numerous other grammatical mistakes made this not worth the time I spent on it.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Delightful story and handled with care and thought. Shame there aren't more stars to reward you with so Five stars is all I can give you,

martiwillImartiwillI4 months ago

Great, great, great. So much love between them. I am a sucker for a sad/happy story. Can I give it 10 stars please?

BillyJack68BillyJack684 months ago

Fantastic story. This story doesn’t belong in an erotic format. It is so well written and with the exception of the very small taboo parts it could be a realistic story for the mainstream. Kudos sir!.

RicubRicub4 months ago

Wonderful .One of the best stores I've read on here .Thank you

oldsage_1oldsage_14 months ago

Great story thanks for all the effort you put into it.

Cheers

SAGE

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Simply beautiful. Well done. Thank you

AsgarthAsgarth4 months ago

I think this is a pretty good story. I spent twenty years in the military so I can relate to moving a lot. Still, it was a enjoyable read. Thanks

musicboy818musicboy8184 months ago

What a great story and very well written. I had great difficulty reading towards the end as it almost made me cry.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

It's a wonderful story, but it doesn't belong in the Incest/Taboo category, or even on literotica for that matter! Incest doesn't really involve adopted family members, about like being involved with "step" members.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A sad story handled very well in my opinion with a great ending....well done.

202GE202GE3 months ago

I'm not sure where this story is headed tbh but I thought I comment on a few military matters. These are small and honestly insignificant to the story but because of your comment, I thought I'd share them.

1. The major couldn't have invited the general in to his office until the general told him "at ease". He would still be standing at the "position of attention" before that.

2. When not on Post people wear "civilians" and not their PT clothes. Coming from his house in Germany he would have packed his civilian workout shorts and shirt.

Again these are very minor. Overall the military information was right on the mark. Thanks for sharing this with us and best of luck with writing in the future.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

You could use a proof reader, one who was in the military would be helpful. However, they were estranged for nearly two decades and then somewhat out of the blue says she wants to share her body and bed with him? The situation seemed too familiar for people who hadn't spoken their entire adult lives.

oldgraycatoldgraycat3 months ago

I really loved this story. I am sad to read some of the comments below commenting on the writing and not on the heart warming story being told and not even to have the guts to put their name to their comment.

1stltdan1stltdan2 months ago

Fantastic keep up the good work don’t pay attention to the negative comments.

34dein34dein29 days ago

Not enjoyable to read, quit after the first page. Weak plot with more holes than a swiss cheese

chain6chainGSTchain6chainGST7 days ago

Five stars. As others have mentioned, you should have a proofreader who knows details of the characters professions. Officers don’t re-enlist. They extend their commissions. Such details don’t put me off enough to matter much, though. Keep writing, please.

AnonymousAnonymous3 days ago

-Retired Army here. I agree with many of the comments: not bad with a couple of minor points.

-You get a pass on the combat stuff. Unless you've been, no one knows.

-"Commanding General of the Pacific" doesn't exist. The overall CO is the commander of Pacific Command, aka PACOM, now called Indo-Pacific Command. The senior Army commander leads USARPAC, US Army, Pacific.

-Once an officer reaches Major, unless he/she REALLY screws up he/she can remain until 28 years of active commissioned service.

-Generals do NOT promote officers. There are formal promotion boards, policies and procedures.

-Promotion from Major to Colonel? AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDCCoffeeman@DCCoffeeman
All the stories I write are pure fiction, with the ideas coming from the deep recesses of my mind. I sometimes use real places and businesses, but I don't endorse any of them -- they are simply used in the story. I hope you enjoy what you read!

SIMILAR Stories