A Brother's Homecoming

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"David, enough. I've had enough. My poor cunt is way too sore and sensitive for any more. I need to rest. I love you, baby, but you've worn me out in such an incredible way. I'm going to take a shower - alone - and you need to take one as well. And while I'm showering, please put clean sheets on my bed so tonight we don't sleep in any of the wet spots."

An hour later David joined Julie on the couch to watch some movies. She had a pizza delivery coming soon, and already had a glass of wine in her hand. Sitting next to her, David pulled her tight and gave her a soft kiss.

"I can't believe how many orgasms you gave me today. I don't think I've had that many in my life, let alone one afternoon.

"David, what am I going to do without you?"

"I don't know, sis. I just don't know."

*****

Sunday morning dawned bright and warm. The two went on another run through downtown, this time longer, but slower, as both siblings tried to clear their heads. Arriving back at Julie's condo, they showered, dressed, and sat on her balcony with coffee and bagels while reading the Sunday paper.

As David looked through the sports page, he noticed the Iowa Cubs (the Triple A farm team of the Chicago Cubs) were playing that afternoon. It had been many years since he was at a baseball game and even more since he had played.

"Hey, sis, want to see the I-Cubs play today? I can't remember the last time I went to a ball game."

"Sounds fun. I live two blocks from the park and haven't been to a game since I moved in. Let's do it."

Several hours later, after first stopping for each to purchase a Cubs jersey and cap, they found their seats, ready for an afternoon of baseball. The game was exciting and they both were having a fun time until Julie notice David was suddenly quiet.

"David, is everything alright?"

"Yeah. No. I don't know. Sitting here with you makes me realize how much I've missed by being away for so long. Especially now, with both of them gone, you're all I have. And it saddens me that we blew off so many years without really talking.

"Plus, there's something more I need to discuss with you. But not here. Later, over supper, ok?"

Worried, Julie nodded her head in agreement, wondering what could be so serious. But she knew pushing David would get her nowhere, so she resigned herself to wait until later.

Later that night, sitting at Julie's dining room table with boxes of Chinese take-out spread out between them, Julie broached the subject from earlier.

"So what's so important we need to discuss in private?"

Taking another bite of food to help stall for time, David consolidated his thoughts.

"It's this. There are so many things from civilian life I miss in the army; so many things that people take for granted. I'm tired of missing days like today, where I can sit at the ballpark and take in a game. I miss the kind of food I grew up with. I miss the way of life I had. Don't get me wrong - I've mostly loved my time in the military. I love my country and will do anything to keep it safe. Some of the men and women I've served with are as close, or closer, than family. Everything I went through - I'd do it again willingly to do my job. But this time with you has shown me what I've been missing. Mostly you. And this is where the conflict comes into play.

"I have 18 months until I hit my 20 years in the service. At first, all I thought about was coming home and starting my life again. But my CO has been talking to me about re-enlisting. It'll come with a promotion to colonel, which means a raise in pay and a boost in what I'll get when I do retire. But I'm not sure I want to spend any more time away - away from here, and especially, away from you."

Smiling, Julie went over and sat on David's lap.

"David, I love you, and no matter what you decide, I'll be on board with it. I know how much you love what you do, and there's no way I'm going to get in the way of your re-enlisting. No matter how long you're away, when you get home, I'll be here waiting for you. You'll always have a home with me; you'll always have a bed with my body warming it, waiting for you. Always. So think about what you want most of all and make your decision from there. Ok?"

David pulled his sister close and hugged her for a long time.

"Thanks for the advice, sis. You've given me a lot to think about."

*****

The rest of David's leave passed quickly. The house sold right away, as two different couples saw it during the open house and both put bids in. One couple finally outbid the other, with the sale price almost double the asking price. It was an all cash deal, so the papers were signed before David left.

They also spent some more time with Lacy and Arielle. Both were about the same age as Julie, with Arielle having a serious boyfriend and Lacy having a daughter who lived with her father in Minnesota. David found out that the three partners had much in common and thoroughly enjoyed his time with them.

But then it was time for him to leave. Julie wanted to drive him to Chicago just to spend a few more hours with her brother, but he thought it better if he simply took the flight from Des Moines, getting to the airport early to say their goodbyes there.

Standing out of the way of the other travelers, Julie held David tight, tears filling her eyes and slipping down her face. No words were spoken as there was little to say. They both knew how they felt about each other, so saying anything else would be a waste of words.

Finally, David need to head through security. He lightly kissed Julie on the forehead before kissing her lips one last time.

"Let me know when you land, ok?"

"I will. And you be sure to write me as often as you can. Letters - not emails, ok? We all love to get mail as often as possible."

"I will. Promise you'll come home to me in one piece. Don't be a hero, David - don't be you."

Smiling, David nodded and turned to leave.

"And David?"

Julie struggled to say the words she so needed to say, but nothing came out. Hugging her once again, David whispered the words in her ear.

"I love you too, sis."

*****

The ensuing 18 months were filled with excitement for both siblings. David got deployed to the Middle East for several months on a special assignment, but didn't tell Julie he was there, as he didn't want her to worry. On his return he messaged her to see if she was free to take his call. How she knew where he had been mystified him.

"Hey sis. How are you?"

"Don't be all nice to me, you jerk. Why didn't you tell me you were re-assigned to the Middle East? I've been worried sick."

"How did you fine out? Never mind - I know you have your ways. I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to worry about me any more than you already do."

"Yes, I worry about you all the time, but I know you're safe in Germany. But when I found out where you really were, I was ready to get on a plane to come kick your ass. Don't ever do that to me again, ok? I was worried sick about you."

And that was the last they ever spoke about it.

Julie also was busy. She and Lacy had gone to an association meeting of a women's law group they belonged to, held in Hawaii. Since they were already there they decided to extend their time and take a long needed vacation. When they mentioned their plans to the association president, she told them various places they should see while there. She also pitched them on a business proposition. She was part of a law practice in Honolulu, and her two partners were retiring. Both were older men who, despite her abilities as a lawyer, looked at her more as a secretary than a partner.

"I've always admired how you two and Arielle made such a successful business practice a reality. That's exactly what I want to do here - a law office run by women, for women. And I can't think of any other lawyers I'd like better to have as partners as you three. I think we can make something special here. Think about it; discuss it with Arielle and let me know what you think as soon as you can."

Returning home, the three women had numerous discussions about the proposition. Arielle didn't want to move anyplace, as she and her boyfriend (now fiancé) were planning their wedding and they wanted to remain where they were. The firm had recently hired several new lawyers who would fit in just fine; when asked, they said they would love to buy into the practice. All that was left was Julie discussing this with David.

"So that's the idea," Julie said to David that night via a video call. "What do you think?"

"If this is something you all want to do, then I say go for it. I know it'll make us getting together more difficult, but I want you to do whatever will make you happy. And if moving part way around the world will do it, then do it.

"My only concern is wondering what will happen when the men there see you and Lacy frolicking on the beach, wearing your bikinis... and not knowing they have no chance with you."

They both laughed at that idea.

"I think I'll take my chances. Thanks for your support, David."

Several months after Julie's move to Hawaii, David was attending his usual Monday morning staff briefing. As he began to leave, his CO called out for him.

"Major, do you have a few minutes to spare?"

"Absolutely, sir. What can I do for you?"

"Well, I think it's more of what I can do for you. Julie's moved to Hawaii, correct?"

"Yes sir. She's living in Honolulu. And loving it."

"So here's the deal. What I'm about to tell you must be kept an absolute secret, as it's not common knowledge yet. But I'm about to be reassigned as the commanding general of the Pacific, based at Ft. Shafter in Honolulu, and I'd like you to come and be a part of my command staff as my top assistant."

"Congratulations, sir. They made a great choice. And thank you for considering me for this role. But isn't that position normally filled by a colonel?"

"Yes it is. If you accept, you'll be promoted to colonel. This will be for a minimum of two years; I know you're almost at 20, but I'd really like for you to be in that position.

"I know this is a lot to think about, so give it some time. But not too much, as I need an answer ASAP. I'd suggest you give Julie a call and talk it over with her."

"Thank you, general. I'll give her a call as soon as we're done."

45 minutes later, David was in his office, on the phone with Julie. He knew he would be waking her up, but he couldn't wait to discuss this with her, and ask her opinion. Soon the call rang through, and a sleepy Julie answered.

"Whoever this is, this better be important."

"Hey sis, sorry to wake you."

Instantly, Julie was awake.

"David? Is that you? Is everything ok?"

"Yeah, it's me, and all is good. I hated to call this early for you, but I need to talk."

"Ok, but you scared the crap out of me. So what's so important you had to wake me up?"

David then explained about the general getting his reassignment and asking David to make the move with him, serving on his staff. He also talked about the longer enlistment time he would be signing up for. When he finished, Julie was quiet for several long moments.

"So, in essence, you're giving the army two more years in exchange for a promotion, a more prestigious posting and moving down the block from me. Correct?"

"In short, yes."

"Then if you don't say yes, I'm never going to speak to you again. Yes. Say yes!"

*****

Five years later

David had his eyes closed, enjoying the sound of the waves rolling up on the beach. He was in his backyard, laying on a lounge chair, enjoying the warmth of the sun on his face. In the distance he heard the sound of little girls laughing, bringing a smile to his face. He then felt a hand on his arm, gently shaking him.

"Uncle David, wake up. Aunt Julie says it's time."

Opening his eyes, David was greeted with the smiling face of 15 year old Madison Collins. Smiling back, he was once again reminded of how much she looked like her mom, Lacy. It was good to see her easy smile again, after so many months of sadness.

It was only a short time ago when the doctor gave Lacy, Julie and David the devastating news.

'I'm so sorry, Lacy, but there's nothing much we can do at this point. The cancer has spread through your body. The amount of chemo we'd need to use to fight this would be debilitating, and there'd still not be much of a chance of beating this. I'm sorry that this is the best I can do for you.'

Madison had joined her mother in Hawaii several years after her move to the islands. After the divorce, she had lived with her father and grandparents in Minnesota, hating every minute of it. They wouldn't let her do anything outside of church, and their church was very oppressive, especially to women. When her father died in a hunting accident, she took that opportunity to live with her mother, and once there, blossomed.

David made the move to Hawaii to join his commander's staff, and stayed in the army for three more years, finally taking retirement. Not long after his move to Hawaii, Julie found herself pregnant - with twins. Soon they welcomed Violet and Lily.

"Uncle David, come on. I'll sic Violet and Lily on you if you don't get up."

Laughing with Madison, David sat up and patted the chair next to him for her to sit.

"Just for a minute.

"So, are you ready for this? I know we've talked about it, but you need to be certain this is what you want."

"I'm certain. I can't think of a better way to honor mom than by doing this. I know how close she and Aunt Julie were."

"Well, if you're certain, let's go."

A few hours later found Julie, David, Madison, Violet, and Lily standing together in front of Judge Harold Ozawa. There had been lots of legalese spoken, but finally the judge turned to Madison.

"Ok, young lady, now it's your turn. How do you feel about all this? Is this something you truly want to do?"

Looking apprehensive, Madison stepped towards the judge.

"Yes, your honor, this is what I want. I want Uncle David and Aunt Julie to be my mom and dad. I want Violet and Lily to be my sisters. I want a family again.

"I was sad that my dad died like he did, but I don't regret not staying there. Any time I was with my mom, she made me feel special, and that's how Uncle David and Aunt Julie make me feel. I feel loved and I feel wanted and I feel special, so please let this happen. Please."

Stepping down from his chair, Judge Ozawa strode to face Madison.

"I remember your mother very well. She was in my courtroom many times, and I always held her in the highest regard. It was a sad day when she passed away, but I'm so very happy the Ross' took you in. I know how close they were with your mom, and in no way do I want to get in the way of her, or your, wishes. So I hereby approve the adoption petition of David Ross and Julie Ross to adopt Madison Collins, and I wish you all only the best in the future. Congratulations!"

With tears of happiness streaming from everyone's eyes, Madison was engulfed by her new family. After taking several pictures with the judge, both Julie and David thanked the judge for his kind words.

"You're all very welcome. This is definitely the best part of my job. I'll see you soon, Ms. Ross."

Leaving the courthouse, they had one more stop to make before heading out for their first meal as a new family. Getting in their car, Julie sat in the back with the two little ones while Madison sat in front with David. After a while, Madison turned to David.

"Are we going where I think we're going?"

"Probably. I just thought you'd like to tell your mom the good news. Ok?"

With tears welling in her eyes, Madison smiled and whispered 'thanks'.

Soon the family was walking quietly between rows of headstones, looking for the correct one. Finding it was easy, as it was covered with an array of tropical flowers, placed there for just this purpose. Julie took Madison's hand and led the way, and once there, let her have her own private time.

"Hi, mom. I hope you can see how pretty the flowers are. They remind me of you and all the flowers we had in the house.

"Well, we did it. Uncle David and Aunt Julie formally adopted me this morning, and I feel so many things. I'm sad, because I really miss you, but at the same time I'm really happy to have a new family. I didn't realize it at first, but when I found out you and Aunt Julie had this as your plan for me, I didn't feel alone any more. They make me feel so loved, just like you always did. I'm just sad you can't watch me grow up. I mean I know you can from where you are, but not here.

"I miss you, mom, so much. I miss your hugs, your kisses, your laugh. I remember the first time I got on a surfboard and fell right off - you laughed right along with me. I remember how scared we both were when I moved here after dad died. But I also remember what you told me - that no matter what, I was loved and wanted by you.

"Thanks, mom, for loving me like you did. I'll always remember how I felt, snuggled in your arms, knowing then I would be ok. And now? I love how Aunt Julie snuggles me the same way, and how Violet and Lily climb over me to sit on my lap so I can snuggle with them. And Uncle David is the best, always pushing me to be the best I can be. I love them all, mom. Not like I love you - but close. And if it's ok with you, I'm going to ask them if I can call them mom and dad. Not that I'm ever going to forget you. I love you, mom."

As Madison began to softly cry, she was surrounded by her new family, holding her close. After a long moment, they began to walk back to their car. As they did, Madison stopped as the two young girls ran ahead.

"Aunt Julie, Uncle David, would it be ok with you if I called you mom and dad?"

With their own tears welling in their eyes, both adults hugged their new daughter tight.

"Of course it is, sweetheart. Welcome to our family."

*****

Later that night, after a long afternoon of playing on the beach and in the ocean, the family was gathered in living room, watching movies. Julie was cuddled next to David on the couch while the girls were on the floor. Madison had her arms around her new sisters, and all three were asleep, covered with a blanket. At some point, Julie stretched up and kissed David on the cheek.

"I think all that beach time today wore the girls out."

"Wore them out? I'm exhausted too. I'm just so happy the girls get along so well. Maddie's going to make a great big sister to them."

"That she is. It's amazing how each day she looks more and more like Lacy. I have a feeling that you're going to have to play the heavy once the boys start coming around, asking her for dates."

"Just like dad had to do for you, right?"

That though had them both quietly laughing. Both were quiet until Julie spoke.

"Did you ever think that this is how your life was going to play out? You and me together, now raising three girls?"

"Never in my wildest dreams. But even on my very worst days, days of not knowing if I would even live to see the next day, in the back of my mind - always - was the thought of you. It wasn't always a conscious thought; just something niggling around, making me want to survive, to see you again. And here we are..."

Julie pulled herself closer to David, holding him tight.

"Thank you for coming home to me. For loving me. For giving me two beautiful daughters. For taking Maddie in and treating her like your own. For believing in me.

"I love you, David."

"I love you too, Julie."

That night, all five slept where they were; as well, all five dreamt of what was to come. The three girls dreamt of what life would be like with Maddie as a big sister. Julie dreamt of holding David and loving him the rest of their lives. And David? He dreamt of a life with his family, void of all the events he had nightmares about - war, killing, dying, and the screams of those soon to die. They had slowly been disappearing from his sleep over the past months, always to reappear; but now they were gone, banished from his subconscious forever - and for the first time in a long time, David slept through the night without the threat of the nightmares that had punctuated his sleep for years. For the first time in a long time, David slept the sleep of a contented man.