A Christmas to Remember

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It took a few years, in fact. We're on good terms with Sami again, she's married and has kids of her own. They don't know that Uncle Mike and Aunt Diana are a couple. Her husband doesn't know either, we don't make a big deal out of it, and we never stay more than a couple of hours at a time. We get along after a fashion.

Mom won't come to visit us. When we visit them, we stay in a hotel because I refuse to sleep in separate rooms, per her request. They have their principles, I have mine. Mom and Dee do talk regularly now. I only talk to her on Mother's Day, our birthdays, Thanksgiving, and Christmas if we're not visiting that year. We don't have much to say to each other anymore. I talk with Dad a little more regularly. He's had one bout with prostate cancer, he's in remission, and we're hopeful.

We have lived in Indianapolis for a while now, she works at a hospital as an ER nurse, just like Mom. Sometimes, she comes home and cries at what she has seen, and I do what I can to make her feel loved and safe. I work as a programmer and part-time instructor at the community college. We live as husband and wife, we bought a house in a nice neighborhood, mind our own business, and live our lives. We haven't run into anybody that knows us from back home yet and we're hoping we never do.

The only long-term effect of my injuries is the headaches I get from time to time. The shoulder healed nicely and my lung function is normal for my age. I never remembered the actual shooting. Dee's nightmares are reminder enough, thankfully they don't happen as often as they used to.

I've never forgotten her birthday, which also doubles as our anniversary, or Christmas. Remembering garbage pickup day is another matter entirely...but Dee won't ever let me forget that, either.

##########

Thanks for reading, I hope you found it worth your time. Votes and comments are always welcome.

Please, please, please check out the other Winter Holiday 2023 entries and vote. We all appreciate those and your comments, too.

Whichever holiday(s) you celebrate, I sincerely hope you have a good one. Stay safe!

Fatdog25