All Comments on 'A City Tale'

by phoenix_ray86

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
CoCoNiy101CoCoNiy101over 11 years ago
Sigh.

The appearance of this girl is dissappointing. I have never seen (media or life) A black woman with curls down to her ass. Plus, I really hated how she had sex with him on the first date. I would've loved to see more character developement from the two. This entire chapter consisted of sex. But it was a good read and I will be looking for the next installment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Well under nothing wrong with the appearance of Lena my grandmother and my mom have hair down to their butts and do does my sister its all about what you do to your hait

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
shut up anon.

Your mom was grandma was probably mixed.

I agree. The description wasn't very realistic. But atleast u didn't make her eyes blue or green.

phoenix_ray86phoenix_ray86over 11 years agoAuthor
the hair issue

Sorry that you don't feel that Lena's physical description was realistic enough. Lena is a regular black girl who happens to have fairly long thick curls. She's not mixed or anything. It is possible for black women to have long hair, natural or otherwise, as plenty of hair blogs, forums, and FB groups have shown.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I think issue is

that 9 out of 10 stories on this site feature either fat dark skin black women, or light/bi-racial women, who the author thinks is beautiful by virtue of being alive.

We all know that black women can have long hair, but your typical black woman has kinky, not curly hair. As a natural black woman, I am sick of us pretending to be something that we are not simply because society has taught us to hate what we were born with. Since you (the author) mentioned natural hair blogs, you are no doubt aware of the fact that we are struggling with this 'i want my hair to be curly' issue.

So I don't think the original poster meant to take away from your story, neither do I. But if we don't bring it to people's attention that we would like more stories about dark skin, kinky hair black women, then this site will continue to portray only light/bi-racial women as beautiful.

Michmommy2Michmommy2over 11 years ago
Great addition

Love the story and this little side story is interesting. I want her to end up with David, but Cillian is a good distraction for now. As for the hair issue, I don't agree with the complaints. Black women come it lots of colors with lots of hair types and eye colors. Look on YouTube and you'll see all the variations , long , short, big curls, tight curls, etc. I have curly hair to my shoulders and most black women think I have a "texturizer" ?? Nope, it's my real hair and I'm not mixed. Anyway, please update soon because I love this story. Glad you are back.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous