All Comments on 'A Comfort Woman'

by rhetthebrat

Sort by:
  • 228 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

A well-written collection of LW cliches. Nothing more.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I like this premise, I also read Cagivagurl's story with a similar premise, but I enjoyed this one more. In hers (I'm assuming she's a woman) the husband actually tries to stay with his wife after she's been fucking another dude for SIX MONTHS. That is so insane that I honestly have no words.

The MC in this story did what needed doing despite it being painful to lose the woman he loved. He respected himself enough to do what was best for him

5 stars

skruff101skruff1017 months ago

At the end he takes some of the blame for their lack of communication regarding their opinions on monogamy/infidelity, why? surely they had a traditional wedding with traditional vows as he mentioned to the therapist, that being said why would there have been any doubt regarding the meaning of those vows, in any committed relationship monogamy would be a given and therefore no need for discussion. The couple getting married stand before each other and they make each other a solemn promise that they will ‘forsake all others’ it’s the one part of the ceremony where there is no equivocation or ambiguity in that statement, it cannot be twisted or manipulated and it can’t be misinterpreted as anything other than what it states. Two years ten years or twenty years down the line that pledge should be as sacrosanct as the day it was made.

The husband or wife is bored, wants some excitement, just a one night stand, just a fling, just an affair it’s not hurting anyone it’s not love it’s just sex, the litany of cliches is unending, those old vows don’t mean anything in the modern world they’re just some silly words you say on the day to get it over and done with.

When the shit descends from on high it’s all shock and horror, why is he/she being so unreasonable, why can’t they understand, they must know it’s him/her I love this was just…well add as many tired and worn out justifications as you please but your spouse might just think that those promises you gave were set in stone.

If he/she loved you they would forgive your little indiscretion, well the love you had for him/her didn’t count for much did it.

Are you going to throw away ten (or any other number) years for nothing…is that the same ten years you ignored when you had your little indiscretion.

The arguments for and against are as numerous as the clichéd self-justifications.

Ok rant over, move along please nothing to see here.

shadrachtshadracht7 months ago

Even with a decent ending for him, it felt a bit depressing and unfinished. And the bullshit about his having any blame about not being REALLY explicit that monogamy means not letting other people stick their bits in your bits is bullshit. That's the sort of thing you'd have to explain to an alien from another world, not to an adult who's theoretically not mentally ill.

Schwanze1Schwanze17 months ago

Read again. Attaboy.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I enjoyed the read but in all honesty the premise is a bit silly .

A wife consoles a dear friend of theirs using sex .

He was a best friend of the husband so you might think the most obvious thing to do would be to invite this friend to stay with you . Surely leaving your wife behind alone with another male , is to invite trouble .

She certainly seems to have taken that being left with said friend as a signal that jumping into bed with him is what was required , and husband was OK with it .

All a bit of nonsense really . An entertaining read if this is your thing , but totally unrealistic in my view .

DK . 3 * .

Thanks for posting .

RuttweilerRuttweiler6 months ago
A paint-by-the-numbers BTB tale

It is as if you read a bunch of LW stuff and copied the plots and dialogue. We know NOTHING about Marlene as a wife, woman or even human being. This…thing is about a low intelligence, angry man who hates his low intelligence pathetic wife.

Who fucking cares about these losers? Not I.

1 star, because that’s the least I can give it.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd26 months ago

A bit over the top, especially with the MC allowing the wife to stay with the friend for 3 weeks. But glad he stuck to his guns and dumped her.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

just because they didn't TALK about monogamy and being faithful,he thinks he's partly to blame ?? sorry,but i said some vows to my wife 44 yrs ago and i like to look and even think about variety, but i don't remember any part of it that excused or allowed cheating . AND I EXPECTED THE SAME FROM MY WIFE .

mariverzmariverz5 months ago

5 estrellas, 7 tacos y 12 Doritos para esta historia

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Could have ended it on page one when he was packing. Something like this... Marlene came into the room yelling at me, telling me she only loved me and I should grow up and realize she was just helping a friend in need and it meant nothing. I looked at her with a confused expression and asked, "Marlene, do you know how to fly?" She was then aback but said, "No, honey I don't." I smiled, "Time to learn and I tossed her out the second floor window. Looking down at her sprawled on the lawn moaning I said, "Not so good on the first attempt, come back up and we can try again." The cops came and I explained she was distraught and jumped out the window. Since nobody was around and she had no proof, they simply took her to emergency and told me they'd be keeping an eye on me. When I visited her she looked terrified, again I smiled and whispered in her ear. "If you come home cheating skank slut there will be another flying lesson. Go live with your boyfriend and stay away from me."

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore19814 months ago

Another damn writer who wants to put some of the blame on the man his wife stays with another man fucks him for weeks and some how the husband has blame on the situation that is complete bullshit the husband has no blame for his ex wife wanting to fuck his so called friend that's all on her she wanted to fuck him so she did slept in his bed for weeks acting like she was married to him and then shows later that once a cheater always a cheater as she cheats on other guys she was in a relationship with after her marriage the husband in this story did the right thing kicking her to the curb I don't like how he puts blame on himself to a point cause he is not to blame for the actions of his ex slut its not his fault he married a slut and you also like so many others saying the judge ordered marriage counseling a judge can't order marriage counseling he can suggest it but not order it not even in California can a judge order marriage counseling nor can he send you to jail if you don't comply with marriage counseling besides anyone with common sense already knows that marriage counseling is a scam if you have a problem with your wife you talk to her you don't tell someone damn sure not a stranger cause its nobody damn business what is going on in your marriage besides you and your wife Its simple people can't be trusted

LechemanLecheman4 months ago

It does make me wonder if the wife felt her husband would be okay with her screwing his mate, why didn't she mention it the first time?

His mate crossed a line that true mates never cross.

Yes, the husband could have given more into the counselling but it is obvious his pain of the infidelity overcame his rationality.

His family, rather than supporting him, sided with his wife - idiots.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAA4 months ago

I liked this story. It was well constructed and flowed consistently. Couple of points about the characters. Why would Jason show his face to the friend he betrayed? Why would Marlene be so stupid in thinking fucking his friend was medicinal? Why in the world was his family thinking especially his mother? One could assume his mother let his rather cheat or she cheated.... Finally some day a writer is going to write a why does my wife not realize that cheating is a betrayal story that has some logical conclusion.... Maybe. I will not read some more of your work....Thanlks.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Somehow in LW the husband always seems to feel he's partly to blame for his wife's infidelity. When you take your vows in front of family at the altar, it usually is pretty plain what "forsake all others" means. I'm not sure I buy the husbands take blame attitude by not having discussed monogamy in advance. Otherwise not a bad story. The wife has some really bad misconceptions about what a marriage is all about. She sounds naive.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Lol. Yes because screwing your husband's friend for 3 weeks play acting as his comforting wife, is just sex. Rofl. Clearly she was delusional about fidelity. She never understood what she did was wrong. Hence why she so cavalierly confessed. Probably to her it really did mean nothing. She sounds like she is mentally unbalanced. Buy of course he could never trust her. Pretty cut and dried. Weird that his family seemed to take her side. That is odd.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

No one can be that delusional. Mind you I've said that for a lot of LW stories. I almost feel like it's a kind of joke that's expected in at least one story by most authors. A character that does something so unbelievably stupid and often acts so nonchalant about it as if it's totally normal, that you can't help but roll your eyes at the absurdity of it. Well congratulations, you've done it. I have to conclude that the wife lost her damn marbles.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I disagree that his talking or communication more with his wife would have prevented this. No way. She wanted the sex, had the sex, knew it was wrong.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Meh!!!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Another person who feels they can parcel up cheating into the "It's a mistake, it meant nothing, it won't matter in the long run, it was just sex" package and the other person is supposed to just accept the shit sandwich and chow down on it. I truly wish that these scenarios were just totally made up and people aren't that delusional but sadly some are. Mainly because they know its wrong and are trying to deflect things away from them because they don't want to look at themselves and say "I did a stupid thing and it was wrong" Nice version of this story. The family and friends who support the cheater are as bad because they enable this situation and behaviour. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Marlene, his mother and sister can go fuck themselves. Good for him for divorcing the cheating cunt who didn't think she was doing wrong.

Psychman24Psychman243 months ago

So the first time might have been forgivable, a one off fueled by emotions and impulsivity, never to be repeated. But to live as lovers for 3 weeks shows conscious intent to cheat and to disrespect the marriage. Wife and friend were both delusional to think the husband would be ok with it.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Once again the man is the honest stalwart and his life becomes perfect and the wife’s is ruined. Quite the hero’s tale.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

And no one recommended a professional grief counselor, Ora widowers' support group?

bacchant2bacchant2about 1 month ago

Surely if every nurse fucked their patient it would be a joke. Typical stupid wife but I would really like much better revenge on the friend. Take everything from him I say.

StruckwrongStruckwrong25 days ago

There is no rationale out of monogamy and there are none that do not know they are in a monogamous relationship.

AnonymousAnonymous2 days ago

Nothing truly original here. It's used and abused LW plot and you added nothing new to it. You could have explored how the wife did (very badly I hope) after the divorce. You didn't say anything about his relationship with his family. Sorry.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous