A Crossing of Paths

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"How did you want to go about it? Because I have some ideas..."

There was a rustling sound outside and Sandra looked out the side window. "Shit! Bears." We both hurried to the back doors we had open and had a repeat of us bumping into each other and in our haste both going for the same door and latch at the same time fumbling with the latch and lock it seemed both our hands wanted to be in the same place at the same time.

The windows were protected with thick metal plate that had a series of 3" holes cut into it so you could still see out of them but have the assurance an animal couldn't get in. "Damn there's three of them." I didn't say it quietly, it's better to let them know you are there. Two of them were just walking around sniffing and investigating the new structure that was suddenly in their back yard. The third I didn't see until I heard scratching noises coming from the other end of the container, we both went to see what it was doing. And found it was sticking its claw through one of the holes in the metal that protects the window and was trying to pry it open.

"Please tell me this tin can is made for this." Sandra whispered to me. She was standing just behind me and had one arm around my back and the other hand squeezing my arm.

"It's made for this." Sandra looked at me with a look that said I better be serious. "Look he can get just two of his claws through the hole and he's not having much affect on it, and he is trying." I walked over to a bin and pulled out a can of bear spray. "He won't like this, let's hope it discourages him." Opening the glass window I was face to face with the grizzly. It could plainly see me through the holes in the metal and wasn't detoured at all seeing me. "You might want to cover your face in case some of this comes back at us." The grizzly was only a few feet away so I stood back a few more.

"I can't believe how bad he smells." She covered her mouth and nose with a towel and looked at me ready for me to spray him.

"Wait until he gets a whiff of this." And I sprayed him. He immediately dropped down on all fours let out a grunt of displeasure and ran towards the other two bears and the three of them ran off.

"It's about dinner time, why don't we let them get some distance before going out again."

"That's the best plan I've heard all day." Sandras eyes were watering from the little bit of pepper spray that splashed back when it hit the metal plate. "That stuff burns." There were tears running down her cheek.

I took the towel off the counter she had set down and dabbled her cheek with it. "You ok?" I wiped the tears closer to her eyes with my other hand on her cheek.

"Maybe I should rinse my eyes. She held my hand and guided it to just under her eye to get one last tear. "Thank you, let me get some water." She filled a cup from the faucet and pulled a chair close to the sink and sat in it and leaned her head back into it. "Can I get you to do the honors?" She handed me the cup.

I took the cup from her and with one hand I opened her eyelids a little wider and poured the water with the other. I repeated the routine and rinsed her other eye and dried her face with the towel. She was looking at me in the eyes while I did. I recognized the look I hadn't seen in 20 years. It was soft and trusting. "Thank you. You are as kind and caring as I remember."

Standing up she kissed me on the cheek and stroked the side of my face with her hand.

"Just doing what anyone would." I dried to brush it off as just a kind gesture. I didn't want to let the draw of her beauty and what had once occurred between us cause me to do something I would regret. It wasn't reasonable in my mind she would be attracted to me still, let alone have any romantic or sexual inclinations towards me. I was well past my prime and from all appearances she was in hers. Her body had filled out some and she obviously was more mature and seasoned, it all made her even more attractive.

"Even though it's not the most memorable thing about the last time we worked together, I remember you being a great cook. Would you mind cooking dinner while I shower? I feel like I have that bear spray all over me." She looked at me, at first with a quick glance in the eyes and then let her gaze trail down to what I swear was below my belt.

"I would love to." My mind was filled with the memory of us making love while a snow storm raged outside.

"I would love to know what you are thinking right now." Her expression turned mischievous. "But it'll have to wait till after my shower." She turned and made her way to the small bathroom adjacent to the bunks. Even with leaving the door open there was a small gap between the doors edge and the opposite wall. A gap big enough for me to see her take her clothes off next to her bunk and walk to the shower. She looked through the gap and caught me looking and smiled when she did.

"Damn, she still has one hell of a body." I said under my breath. I heard the shower start and I proceeded to make dinner trying not to think about what it really was I'd like to be doing.

I forced myself to focus on dinner when I heard the shower turn off but was still aware peripherally of her walking naked back to the bunk to get dressed. She emerged ready to eat wearing a pair of sweat bottom shorts and a loose fitting T shirt with an oversized neck that draped over one shoulder. It was obvious she wasn't wearing a bra by her breasts swaying as she walked.

The dinner I made was an easy one. Salisbury steaks, instant potatoes and corn. I was plating it as she walked in and I put the two plates on the table and went to the fridge to get a couple of beers. Sandra sat down and as soon as I did she stopped me by putting her hands on mine. "So a penny for your thoughts? It looked like you were perhaps reflecting when I went to go shower."

She was in the very least leaving giving me plenty of bait with her innuendo and her apparent lack of modesty. So I decided if she wasn't going to ignore our past I wouldn't either.

"So what's been the most memorable thing about us working together? You mentioned my cooking wasn't it."

Sandra looked down at her plate and pondered her answer while she cut a piece of meat off of the patty and scooped some potatoes and gravy with the fork. She put it in her mouth as she smiled clearly enjoying making me wait for the answer. A small smile started in her eyes and then her pouty lips drew back as the corners of her mouth turned up. Then looking at me she paused and her expression turned reflective.

"I was 25 the last time we 'worked' (she motioned air quotes) together. I had only been with 2 guys before we met and wasn't very experienced but I was starting to become more adventurous. We had been on a few of the same jobs and you were always very nice to me and I had developed a bit of a crush on you. Then on the night that storm moved in, I hadn't ever been in that kind of weather. It snowed so hard we couldn't even see the equipment outside and the wind was so loud as it pounded the container. I was a little scared. But..." she paused as if considering how she wanted to express what she would say next. "I wanted to get laid. You had quite an affect on me. So when I climbed into your bed saying I was scared, really what I really wanted was you."

All of the authenticity we had when we were with each other many years ago was returning. That and the dynamic that this industry primarily has men in the field has caused Sandra then and now to be in some regards to be a little on the rough side in comparison to working in an office I suppose.

"Well its not like I put up any resistance. I mean I was willing. A woman climbing into your bed in the middle of a stormy night will do that to you."

"Well it did seem like you tried to resist me at least for a while, but I kept backing into you to make you spoon me."

"You did, and you kept pushing against me and the more I tried not to the harder I got." I laughed.

"You do know most guys wouldn't have tried to resist right? Sandra was laughing too.

"You know, it hadn't been but a little over a year since Judy was killed in that car accident. And I wasn't sure I was ready. I hadn't been with another woman yet and I wasn't sure I was ready."

"I guess I should apologize, at the time I didn't know. You never said anything about having lost our wife. I heard about it after I got back from the trip. I was young and didn't know how to process it...I didn't know what to say."

"Not at all. Like I said I didn't put up any resistance. I wanted it too. It felt good to be with a woman again. You were perfect."

"So you never remarried. Still not ready? I mean the ladies have to be lining up right?"

"It's the downside of traveling. You know how this gig is, you are never in one place long enough. I notice there isn't a ring on your finger, same reason?

Sandras expression turned a little more serious. "I...yeah same thing I guess. Too much travel. Most of the men you meet on the road are just looking for a good time, and I guess thats ok sometimes but its not love."

We finished eating our diner and our conversation turned away from relationships and us sleeping together last time. It was creating at least in my mind a bit of an elephant in the room.

Neither of us wanting to make an assumption we would sleep together now.

"Listen I'm going to take a shower. Its been a long day." Sandra was washing dishes and gave me a nod when I said it.

I couldn't help but think of the last time we slept together and wonder if we would click like we did. I was beginning to really like her again, It was more than picking up where we left off for me there was a deeper connection this time. Something that I was missing. I had to admit the road was getting old. I wanted a relationship.

I undressed and got in the shower and decided I would let her show interest first. I just didn't want to make things awkward between us but I couldn't ignore the glances, the smile when I saw her naked. "Ok, Jeff don't get your hopes up here, she's 20 years younger." I thought to myself.

I dried off and put on a pair of sweat pants and a t shirt. I sat on the edge of one of the beds for a moment and pondered.

"Hey Jeff do you want a cup of coffee. I just made a pot. Nice touch with the old stainless coffee pot." She was standing in front of the stove. I walked out of the bunk room and joined her in the other room. She handed me a cup. "A little sugar and a little milk."

I took the cup and took a sip. "You have a great memory."

"It's true, I have great memories. That old coffee pot brought back a lot of them." She sat on the small love seat and tucked one bare foot under her other leg and turned toward the center of the couch as I joined her. It was a small seat and I didn't try to avoid our legs touching. "Do you remember the first morning after we had slept together? The storm wasn't letting up, we couldn't work in it. You made a pot of coffee in a pot just like that one. You were so easy to talk to. I was nervous things were going to be weird...and it wasn't...you were kind and treated me so well." Sandra put her hand on my leg. "You are one in a million Jeff." She gripped her cup with both hands and took a sip of coffee.

"I guess I'm a little old fashioned, although it shouldn't be considered that. A lady deserves to be treated like one."

"I'm not sure 'lady' is how I would describe how I was then. I mean I practically seduced you."

I laughed. "Yes you did. And it was just what I needed. And I think you did too. The next five nights got better and better. We got pretty good at making love didn't we?"

"You were the first man to...Make me feel like that." Sandra was blushing and I could tell she wasn't sure opening up like this was such a good idea. Then it was like she was resolved to continue. "I hadn't even cum before. And all of a sudden this man knew how to give me all these new sensations and it was like...I didn't even know I could feel like that!" She again raised her cup with both hands and took a couple of drinks like she was lost in her thoughts for a few seconds.

"I guess it was good timing. My heart still hurt from the loss of my wife. And to be able to pour my self into a woman like that was... I'm not sure I'm explaining this correctly." Now it was my turn to have doubts bout how much I should expose. But I felt suddenly like I needed to have the courage to continue. And if it was too much, then I would have to figure out how to deal with that. But I felt Sandra deserved to know what affect she had on me 20 years ago.

"Sandra I was falling in love with you. But then we finished the job and I got home and I let myself put up a barrier to protect my heart from more loss. I wasn't sure I could go through that again. I let our circumstances and distance be an excuse to not be vulnerable. And...I let you fade away. And it was wrong." I had let my eyes start to water. I was about to say I'm sorry when Sandra put her coffee down on the floor and took mine from me and set it down as well.

"Don't you dare apologize." She straddled me and wrapped her arms around me and kissed my neck and held me tight for a minute. "I could have pursued you but I was too young and stupid to. I spent the next ten years trying to find a man who could make me feel like you did in bed. And the next ten after that trying to find one who could make me feel like you do out of bed."

She put her hands on the sides of my face and kissed me, at first very softly, her tongue parted my lips and slowly was reacquainted with mine. She opened her eyes and looked into mine. Our kissing became very soulful. She kissed me like we had a lot of time to make up for.

12