A Different Kind of Love Story

Story Info
Straight guy builds a deep relationship with a shemale.
12.6k words
4.43
18k
18
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
VCDC
VCDC
769 Followers

This story is a follow-on to And The Winner Is...

I suggest that you read that first.

*****

A Different Kind of Love Story

I sold my tech company while it was at it's all time high value - two billion US dollars. I like the sound of that.

I had become bored with it because I found a new inspiration - a movie production company!

As I became more intertwined with Tara's career, I was able to to see how one worked. I was fascinated with the similarities to my tech world - organized chaos! Lots of smart and creative people, creating a product that makes money. Big difference is selling it to the public versus businesses. I took the filmmaking certificate program at Southern Cal to learn the academic view of movie making. It took me less than a year. I was focused even with my expanded home life.

I absolutely loved it! I loved all the phases of getting a movie out the door - development, pre-production, production, post-production and distribution. The project planning, the management of talent above and below the budget line. It was so exciting I sometimes squealed in delight.

As a class project, I managed the production of a short film. A simple story of a boy and his dog that wrenched the heart and tears out of the student audiences. The professor managed to get it into several film festivals. It caught the eye of a famous producer. He asked to meet me. He told me I had a talent for this and offered me a job. I explained that my goal was to build my own company. He offered to help. He said he learned long ago to keep your friends close, but your competitors closer. He told me, he planned to get the movie in front of some of the Academy members with the goal to get it nominated as a short film. Unbelievable!! No way!

I was ready to go for it. I called my ladies to tell them we need to make a family decision. Lindsey would know I could do it, Tara had her doubts, she knew too much about how it really works.

Our cook had dinner ready. Also attending the meeting but who did not get a vote were little Mike and Michelle. Both were born on the same day a year ago. Tough day for me navigating back and forth between Lindsey's and Tara's birthing suites - thank God in the same hospital. Plus the families. Both sides had got over how all this happened. Happy to have grandkids, people can adapt rapidly to our new family. Both babies healthy and now wealthy and soon to be wise!

Lindsey fed little Mike in his high chair, Tara with Michelle. What a family I have! Love it.

Both Mom's were skilled at eating and feeding simultaneously, something I hadn't mastered - yet.

'Good news, I think my SouthernCal short film is being presented to Academy members by Jack Kilroy. He viewed it at the Sundance Film Festival. He loved it!'

Tara said, 'Mike, that is great news! He is very influential with the Academy. This might go somewhere! Who is going to walk the red carpet with you? Hah!'

'If it is nominated, we will all go. I am proud of this family.'

Lindsey, always focused on moving things along asked, 'So what is the decision we need to make?'

'Would I, would we, should we proceed with my dream to startup a production company?'

Lindsey responded immediately, 'Yes of course. Follow your dreams! I will support you in every way! I am excited. You need to start the next chapter of your successful business career. And just to be clear, I would love to walk the red carpet with you. I love you so much!'

Tara responded, 'OK, so dramatic Lindsey! Maybe you should get in the business. To be clear, I love Mike more that you!'

We all laughed, I am the luckiest guy in the world. It can't get any better than this.

Tara added, 'Mike, as you know, I have some concerns because I know what a cut throat business this is. But... I love you and I want you to be happy. Sooooo... go for it! Just keep me in your talent pool. I am ready to go back to work.'

It was done. Now the hard work began. Need to form a legal entity. Decided to to do a Limited Liability Corporation with the intent of producing films on a continuous basis. My partners will include Lindsey, Tara, their parents and possibly Jack Kilroy. By adding him, he will have skin in the game.

I hired a top notch corporate attorney to draw up the Articles of Organization and an Operating Agreement describing finances, rules, regulations, management structure and profit sharing. Once set and funded, primarily by me, we will begin the hiring process. Jack and Tara will be a big help with that. They know a lot of people who are good and willing to take a risk with me, this unknown. Tara, who is well known, will be my front person. Lindsey will be active in the day to day management of the company, eventually, I will leverage her sales talent.

So many positions to hire! First focus on the above the line positions: Executive Producer (me - money bags), Producers (budget and moving the process along), Line Producer (responsible for day-to day logistics during production and post production managing deadlines and budget), Directors (controls the vision and brings the movie to life), Director of Photography (camera crew management helping to fullfill the directors vision), Screenwriters (writes the screen play) and Talent (the actors).

The below the line team are responsible for the day-to-day filmmaking involved in the pre-production, production and post production. Positions in Camera, Electrical, Grip, Production Design, Costume and Makeup. Those will be hired when we have a film to make.

So much to do, I am slightly overwhelmed. But when I am overwhelmed, I do my best work.

The plan was working. Positions were being filled. The team met to generate ideas for a film. Tara was very helpful, she came up with a novel idea, she called it A Different Kind of Love Story. It was accepted by the team. We did some back of a napkin budgeting of $50 million. The creative team developed the idea into a framework for the script and screenwriters. It was time to begin the casting and hiring of the production crew. Locations were scouted, preliminary production design began, storyboards and shot lists created. We needed someone to develop the production schedules. We were moving so fast, we had not filled that position.

It was critical to fill the position to keep up the pace. I need a kick ass project manager with experience in the business. I took on the task of finding someone. Once again, Tara and Jack were a big help. They lined up 5 candidates.

The first four were OK but didn't kindle my confidence that they could get the job done. Jack called me right before the interview of the fifth.

'Mike, If I told you that when you walk out to your car and their would be a purple squirrel behind the wheel of your car, you would not be shocked when you saw it - correct?'

'Yes Jack, I believe I would not be shocked.'

'Mike, your next interview is a purple squirrel. Don't be shocked.'

What the hell did that mean? He hung up before I could ask the next question. My curiosity was peaked. Lane DuBois's resume was in front of me. Graduate of Southern Cal with a filmmaking degree. Minor in business administration. Certified Project management professional. Worked in several production companies in charge of production schedules. Spent some time in front of the camera - that's interesting. No credits listed on that. Just a one year gap. Came back to the production side. The last company put out money losing films. They were all produced on time and under budget, usually a key to success, looks like bad above the line personnel out of touch with audiences. The company dissolved, she was looking for work.

On paper, she looked good. No, she looked great. But why is she a purple squirrel?

Lindsey, who is temporarily serving as my assistant, popped open the door.

'Mike, Ms DuBois is here early. Are your ready for... her?'

Lindsey was wide-eyed. She looked like she just saw a purple squirrel.

'Is there something else you want to tell me?'

'No, no... just... never mind. I will send her in.'

Lindsey closed the door. In a minute or two, she knocked. I told her to come in.

She opened the door and announced Ms. Lane DuBois.

Lane glided into the room, restricted by her full length black dress that fitted tightly around her amazing shapely body. A plunging neckline with a substantive amount of cleavage exposed. Her hair was jet black, Longer than shoulder length, split between draping and accenting her cleavage and the open back of her dress. Black eye shadow, black lipstick, black eyes accented by long black eyelashes. Nothing purple on Lane. She could be an Elvira clone.

I was stunned, speechless. Even though Jack warned me, I was still surprised. Jesus, I was impressed and stimulated. Down boy.

'May I sit?

'Yes, yes. Sorry I am so inconsiderate.'

'No worries, happens all the time.'

I had to ask, 'Do you dress like this all the time?'

I could imagine her on the production set barking out orders. This is not going to work in that outfit.

'Oh no, just interviews and special occasions. Totally different look on set, still sexy though. Helps motivate those who need motivation. You know, turn on the charm. I know you have managed companies and projects, and are aware that sometimes it takes that extra touch to move people to do what they need to do on time. Would you agree?'

'Totally. It is all about instilling in people the desire to do something bigger, be part of the team.'

'I know you can't see this type of thing on the resume. But no brag, just fact, every production I managed was completed on time and under budget. The last company, I had my doubts about the the concept and ideas. I raised my concerns, but they were summarily ignored. Sorry to say we went under. I did my best to succeed.'

'I appreciate that background. I heard from Jack Kilroy the same. He recommends you highly. He told me you were a purple squirrel.'

She laughed, 'Jack is so funny. He uses that purple squirrel analogy on me all the time. I guess it fits on so many levels.'

Not sure what all that means.

'Mike, may I ask a few questions? But first off, I wouldn't have taken this interview unless Jack urged me too. So may I?'

'Yes, shoot.'

She reached across the desk and took my hand.

'Can you convince me that a tech guy who is starting up a movie production company with nothing but academic experience can be successful in this business? I don't want to hook my car to train that is destined to plunge in a river.'

Wow, I am impressed! I would do the same kind of talk with potential acquisitions looking for their payday, but who still needed to manage this new sub company for me. So smart. I would be honest.

'Lane, that is a great question. It is true, I only have academic experience other than observing Tara in her work environment. Jack might have shared that he is attempting to get my short film I created at Southern Cal.'

'Yes, he did. I saw it, it made me cry.'

Cool.

'So, that is all well and good, but I have bigger dreams. Lots of Academy Award wins. Lots of money made for my LLC partners. My plan, and it is working so far, is build this company with the absolute best talent I can assemble and give them whatever they need to succeed. So far so good. This position, I am personally hiring is critical. It is a role I am very familiar with and know it is the key to success. I have never had a tech project that missed a deadline or had a budget overrun. It will not happen in this company. We will not lose money, but make boat loads of it.'

'Ok, I am convinced. When do I start?'

Love the bravado. I like Lane, she will fit right in. But I want Tara and Lindsey to weigh in.

'One more checkpoint to clear. Are you available for dinner tonight at my home? You need to spend some time with Lindsey and Tara who are partners in the company. Jack has already approved of you. But...'

I looked her in the eye.

'Yes to dinner and yes I will tone it down although this seems like a special occasion.' she winked at me.

'Tara is a partner? She is awesome. I was rooting for her to win. Y'all made quite the couple on the red carpet. Shots with Guillermo! My dream, maybe some day.'

'Great, I will send my driver to pick you up. Give Lindsey your address.'

She stood up and we shook hands.

'So Mike, are you going to hire me if I pass the next checkpoint?'

'Lane, yes I will.'

'Can you take me on as a partner?'

Jesus, she is bold, but I love it.

'That is up to all the partners. I will keep it on the table.'

'Thanks Mike.'

She gave me a kiss on the cheek. Not expecting that. Need to adjust to this industries protocols.

I closed the door and sat in my chair. What a dichotomy! She was truly a purple squirrel. I called Jack.

'Jack, you warned me, but oh my god I was still shocked.'

'The Elvira dress?'

'Yes, i was stunned. My female project managers were frumpy.'

'She is one of a kind in so many ways. You will see.'

'She wants to be a partner, love the ambition.'

'Yeah Lane is smart, she sees good things are happening here. I am good with it. She... she is really good and should share in the success.'

'OK, we are having dinner tonight with the other partners. Lindsey was wide eyed when she saw her. We will see. Tara might be more open.'

'I think Tara and her were on a set together. So that could be good or bad.'

'Would you like to join us?'

'Naw, you have my vote, let your ladies do their assessment.'

Conversation ended. I just stared at my phone perplexed with this purple squirrel. I always hired people who had that twinkle in their eye. Sometimes they were not fully qualified, but wound up making me look like a genius. Lane had the quals. She had the twinkle. I get the final vote. She has the job, unless she screws up at dinner.

***

Well, it was role reversal. The ladies glammed up! Ready for the red carpet kind of dress. Lane had toned it down. Tight fitting black jeans with matching stylish, stiletto heels. Conservative black silk blouse with just a hint of cleavage. Hair and makeup the same. She was ravishing. If this is her on set dress, I could see it working well. Me, jeans and a t-shirt. What a group.

I took a turn feeding Mike so that Lindsey could spend time with Lane. Tara knew her, so she fed Michelle. All done. The nannies took the kids off to their nursery wing.

Just the four of us left.

I spoke first.

'My cards on the table. I believe Lane can do the job? Any objections or concerns?'

Lindsey spoke first, 'Nope, I saw her resume. She has the qualifications. After a half hour of talking with her, I vote yes.'

'Tara?'

'Well Lane and I have a history from a movie production. She is well qualified for the job, she can do it, I am confident in that. Jack was part of that production as well. I am sure he is on board.'

I said, 'Yes, he is.'

'So is there is more to it?' I asked.

She slowed her speech, thinking about what she planned to say, Lane staring at her intently.

I asked, 'And?'

She paused, 'It has no bearing on this decision. I vote yes.'

I had to explore that later.

'Good, Lane you are hired pending your acceptance of our package. My HR director will get that to you tomorrow. Call me if you have questions or concerns.'

It was an eye popping offer, Jack told me what she was making at the failed company. I will double it with full medical coverage paid by the company.

Hug and kisses all around. Welcome to the team sentiments. We settled down.

'Now, next order of business. Lane has requested to be a partner in the LLC. Jack is in favor. I need to be convinced. Your family member partners will be consulted but really don't get a vote like you.'

'Lindsey, Tara?'

They looked at each other.

'What kind of cut?'

'We have the pool of potential partners shares. It is a total of 5 percent. We haven't identified any others to take part in the pool. I would suggest 2%. If we make a hundred million on a movie, that is two million for Lane. Probably more than she has made in her career to date. Jack is good with whatever we decide. i think we agree, this is a critical position to make profit. She will be a big part of that.'

'Excuse us, we need to talk.'

Lane and I sat there twiddling our thumbs, not saying anything. When she heard the 2% and 2 mill in profits, she gave the thumbs up. Income to her as a LLC partner, plus her salary. She is on the hook for personal income taxes. Works well for the LLC. I have a tax attorney she can use.

Lindsey and Tara headed to the kitchen area, a distance away. We couldn't hear their discussion, but I saw the animated gesturing and discussion going on. Hard to tell what they were deciding. I had 3% in mind, low balling it. Needed to be Lindsey and Tara's idea to boost. Hoping for more. Lane deserved it, she would have a huge impact on our profitability. If successful, she should share in the success and profits. Appropriate.

The ladies returned.

'So we disagree with the 2%.'

'Why? Give me a rationale.'

'We believe that she should get.... 2.5%!'

Wow, I was not expecting that even though that was my plan, low ball and see what they would do. The plan worked. Not 3% but better. Lane will deliver.

Lane jumped up and gave hugs and kisses to everyone. She smelled so good, I was disappointed when we broke the hug. Tears flowing from the ladies, I had to wipe mine off.

Tara said, 'Welcome partner! So glad you are on the team.'

Tara ran up to her, gave her a hug and kissed her hard on the lips. Did I just see that?

Lindsey said, 'Lets celebrate!'

We did for over an hour. Lane excused herself. She had to check in with her mother at a long term care facility. Later, Lindsey told me Lane was paying for it totally out of pocket. Her Mom was close to hospice care.

Oh my god, I wanted to cry. Lane is such a good person. We absolutely made the right decision. She needs the job, she needs the wealth building. If I knew that, I would have gone for 5%. I am a softy for family. I will offer to help however I can.

It is amazing how meeting one person, in one day, can enrapture you. Lane did it. Glad she is one the team and that everyone supports her.

***

It was Tara's turn to sleep together. Most nights it was not sexual, just bedtime. Weekends and special occasion called for a threesome.

We did the bedtime routines, Nothing sexy tonight. Lights out. Something was bugging Tara. Usually we flip sides away from each other. Tonight, she moved in close and hugged me from behind. Maybe she needed some attention tonight.

'Mike, I need to tell you something.'

I rolled back to be face to face. I gave her a quick kiss and asked what.

'There is something about Lane you need to know.'

'What?'

'She... she and I had a special relationship during the making of that movie.'

It was way before we met, before the Academy Award winning film Cicero. A movie prior to that.

'Ok, so what was special about it?'

I didn't think Tara was deeply involved in lesbian relationships.

'Lane... Lane is a he. A shemale.'

I plopped back on the bed. I didn't have a clue. She... he... whatever, such an attractive female, highly talented and experienced. The curtain torn wide open on Lane.

'Tara... Tara... I...' I was tongued tied.

'Mike, she is good at what she does. I shared with Lindsey my relationship with Lane before we decided to take her on. The relationship ended amicably, no hard feelings at all. She... she is so sweet and loving. And a great lover.'

'Ok, you could have left out that part!' I laughed.

'So that was your concerns?'

'No, I am still attracted to her. Being around her would be... would be complicated.'

'The deal is not done, not in writing. I can pull it if that make you happy.'

'Mike, no. Don't' do that, We need her. I can handle it.'

VCDC
VCDC
769 Followers