A Different Kind of Love Story

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I looked deeply into her eyes, looking for conviction that is was true. It was there.

'OK, I believe you.'

We kissed and rolled back to our bedtime sides. Did I really believe her?

***

Got the ball rolling, called in my HR director and an attorney to paper Lane's deal.

Clara the HR director spoke, 'I greeted Lane to do the intake on interview. I have herr info. But I have to ask? Do we have a dress code?'

I laughed out loud, not sure what her statement was intended to do.

'Yes, tomorrow I expect to see you dressed just like Lane.'

It was Jose's time to laugh out loud.

'Seriously, she dresses that way to make an indelible impression to accent her education, skills and experience. She is well qualified. Jack, Tara and Lindsey all approve the hire. So lets get the offer out to her today - position and partnership. She won't be on the shelf for long. Go do it.'

By the end of the day, she accepted. I called her to congratulate her and thank her for accepting.

'Mike, thank you for being so generous with someone you just met 24 hours ago. I will do a good job for you. Believe me. Gotta go, Mom needs me.'

I went through the same situation with a loved one. You hope, they don't need hospice, but once they do, you get them the best. Then early one morning, you get the call. You always remember exactly when the call came, what you were doing, the things that were in your hand - a can opener of all things, opening a can of dog food because the pop top did not work for the very first time. She had stopped breathing. Nothing but tears after that.

Lane had a lot in front of her. We will support her as best she allows us to.

***

Off to the races. Things were coming together for A Different Kind of Love Story. I didn't see it as $500 million grossing film, but you never know. It was a love story at the core. The writers did an awesome job taking the framework Tara, and I, primarily Tara, scripted. The characters had depth, the storyline riveting, the locations would be awe inspiring - challenge to that team.

Casting complete with the input of Steven, an Academy Award winning director.

Lane had her plan completed. Every shooting day laid out in excruciating detail. I was so impressed. All the locations and travel defined in meticulous detail. Even though I had a jet, she had me booked commercial in coach! Jet too expensive, we need to make money she told me. How could I disagree?

We started the three day shoot in Las Vegas. She made it quite clear, we were here to work, not play. No one can be late or hung over. Yes ma'am!

Off to Las Cruces, New Mexico of all places. Beautiful location! A week there, no distractions. Off to Chicago for two weeks by the lake front. Lots of complications getting access to all the sights, closing streets, so complicated, but Lane made it all happen.

Finally three weeks in NYC. To me, the toughest challenge. Way more complicated than Chicago. Bribes needed to get cooperation. Streets closed, Broadway closed, Times Square closed. It blew my mind. Lane made it all happen.

Production closed down. It was a whirlwind of activity totally orchestrated by Lane. God she is good!

On the transition/travel days I had Lane take my jet to see her Mom. I made it clear, that it was NOT part of her production budget. I didn't need her to say no to the jet.

Tara went with Lane to check in with Lindsey and help at least one day with the kids. I stayed put, helping in the transition. It was easy! Just follow Lane's detailed plan. She is amazing.

Off to the studio for post-production. Editing, adding music, cutting, recutting getting the timing right. Lane let me see Tara in the early cuts. She was awesome. The director extracted the best out of her. She was great. Maybe a nominee for an Oscar?

That is all Lane showed me. She, the director, photography director, music and CGI huddled in the studio for the next three months. it drove me crazy. Lindsey, Tara and I had way too many threesomes to help me get through this time.

My phone rang. It was Lane.

'Are you ready? Ready to see the rough cut of the movie? If so, bring Lindsey and Tara with you if the nannies can watch the kids.'

'We will be there in 15 minutes! Don't start without us!' LOL.

We piled into my SUV, nannies on duty. I drove like a banshee to the studio.

Lane greeted us at the door She had tight white jeans and matching white silk blouse. I think that is even more sexier than her all black. Sometimes I forget that she is...

'Come on in. Let's go to the theater.'

It was cozy, with a large home theater kind of vibe, not a full screen you get in commercial theaters though.

We settled in, someone, who I am sure Lane arranged for, came in to take food and drinks orders. We did drinks, as we just ate with the kids.

Lane spoke, with the director her by her side.

'All, this is a first cut that needs some improvements that you will probably not even notice. So we are good to go. Lights out, roll the film.'

Nowadays there is no film, just digital, but I love the perspective.

To say the least, we were blown away. The magic of post-production turned out a product that was inspiring, The story line told with the dialogue, the locations augmenting the part of the story being told. The actors were beyond unbelievable in their roles. Tara sparkled. Seeing her in the role of a distraught woman not resembling the real her was striking.

Interesting how the movie opened in NYC, backtracking through Chicago, Las Cruces and finale in Vegas.

I spoke first.

'I know I am prejudiced, but I have to say y'all have created an Oscar level movie deserving of every recognition.'

Lindsey spoke next, 'As a movie goer, this is a movie I would watch again. Mainly because I cried and laughed through out it. I missed so much.'

With baited breath I waited for Tara.

'All I can say is, that is one great movie! I am so proud to be part of it. Thanks to Steven, Lane and the rest of the post-production team. I am honored to be part of such a work of art.'

Whew! I am so glad she likes it. She is the lead. I want her to be the lead in a great movie.

***

One more month in post-production and the movie was in the can. Jack handled the distribution given his vast experience. We were going theater direct at all the national movie houses. A streaming deal was signed with the timing to release to it to be determined. Next up - promotion!

We used Tara's agent to book all the late evening and daytime talk shows. Tara and Brad would be the two out on the circuit. Appearing separately with one joint show with Oprah. She loved the movie and was all in to help.

The blitz would begin 10 days before the Thursday midnight show at most of the theaters. Tara would start in LA at the Kimmel show, then New York for Fallon then Colbert. Brad the reverse, Colbert, Fallon then Kimmel.

The Oprah interview would be taped 2 weeks ahead of the release. Broadcast on the Wednesday before release. Things were moving fast and very exciting. Made my head spin, but I loved it.

Oprah asked to help fund the film once she read the script. I added her as an Executive Producer, not a LLC partner.

The daytime shows would be the week after the release. All the morning broadcast shows. GMA, Today, CBS This Morning and Live with Kelly. Brad and Tara appearing together in all of them. Hopefully.... these shows will be a recognition of a great opening take. Jack forecast $150 million!!! I was not that optimistic but what do I know.

The interview was great! Lindsey and I were off camera. So much magic between Brad and Tara. It will come across in the broadcast. Doesn't hurt that Brad is one of Oprah's favorites.

Brad split to head east. Tara got ready for Kimmel. Lindsey and I planned to watch all the shows at broadcast time. We invited Jack and Lane to join. Jack not surprisingly begged off. Lane wasn't sure, it depended on Mom. Can't argue with that.

Lane's Mom wasn't improving. Lindsey, Tara and I visited her Mom before the promotion blitz. Lane was so attentive, holding her hand, helping her sip water, explaining who we were. You could tell, it won't be long. Her Mom asked us to take care of Lane when she was gone. The three of us had a good cry on the way home. Our opinion of Lane moved up 10 notches.

Kimmel was a blast! After a very funny monologue, Jimmy introduced Tara. She looked dazzling, her look totally different from the Oprah interview. She ran over to give Guillermo a hug, she insisted on doing tequila shots like we did on the red carpet. He said he was her good luck charm. Shots were done, Tara kissed him on the cheek with the classic picture uplift of her leg while she did it. He blushed! I think.

The rest of the interview was fine. Of course the clip was shown but as a lead back into the talk. Never liked how he did that.

Tara had a day to travel to NYC. She came home for a night. She needed to see Michelle. A loving mother.

Fallon was Fallon. Another new look for Tara. Long dress with Kimmel, hair framing her beautiful face. Fallon hair up in a ponytail, wearing a short, short skirt with plunging neckline blouse.

Tara had said yes to play one of the Fallon games. She teamed up with Tariq on Pictionary. They won! It was more fun than I thought probably because she won. Clip at the end. not much discussion. Next guest Harrison Ford plugging his movie.

Colbert next up. Tara told us she would be in red-carpet ready dress. I can't wait. I anticipated this would be the best. Colbert is one of my faves. He has an opening video clip. Tara agreed to do it, a staged joke.

He knocks on her dressing room door. She looks busy putting on her make-up in a robe.

'Hi Tara! Welcome! Is there something I can do for you?'

She turns to him and says, ' Yes you can. Bring me a bottle of Perrier, a lemon and a glass, not a plastic cup for Christ's sale, a real glass filled with ice. Would you be a dear and do that for me Stephen?'

Colbert gave a shocked look to the camera and said yes.

He backs out, looks at the camera and says with an attitude, 'Just because she won an Academy Award she thinks she can boss me around.'

Off camera Tara says, 'Stephen, are you going to do it or what? Jeez, the service around here is awful.'

You can never really tell how these openings work, but of course I loved it.

His monologue as usual was politically focused, timely and funny. So funny, yet so insightful. At the end, he introduces who will be on the show. Tara would be first.

'And ladies and gentlemen in a few moments, right there in that chair, the talented, Academy Award winning actress who likes her Perrier on ice in a real glass, Tara Wilson.'

The crowd cheered crazily.

'Ok all. Right after 'Meanwhile' Tara will be right out.'

The crowd started chanting, Tara, Tara, Tara I have never seen anything like that on his show.

I love the Meanwhile segment. I always learn something with his twists. Commercial break. Back to Stephen. He introduced her.

'Joining us tonight is the Academy Award winning actress Tara Wilson. Her performance in Cicero was to say the least stunning. She is the lead actress with that Brad guy in the other lead in her new movie A Different Kind of Love Story. This movie has so much buzz I had to put on my noise cancelling headphones. Whispers of Academy Award nominations. I was honored to see a preview. I agree - a great movie. Tara Wilson!'

She made a grand entrance. She was red-carpet ready. A radar red gown with tasteful neckline, appropriate hemline. Diamond earrings. Hair coiffed in a classic swept back look. Across the four interviews, all different and intriguing looks. I was always fascinated how these bright stars can morph there look so quickly. Stephen gave her a hug, kisses on the cheeks exchanged. Stephen gallantly holding her hand directing her to chair and helping her seat.

Tara said, 'Well the service is definitely improving!'

The crowd loved it. Stephen looked into the camera, shrugged his shoulders and said, 'I will take that as a compliment!'

Witty small talk about her career. Things got serious.

'Tara, I understand you had the concept for this movie and the framework for the storyline.'

'Yes that's true, but it took the team to take that forward to create a movie.'

'Is it based on real life experience?'

'Kind of, sort of. More or less smashing together past experiences that coalescenced into the concept.'

'It is a different story for sure. I understand that you had a baby, Michelle?'

'Yes, she is the love of my life. She has been a life changer for me.'

'My people tell me that your Executive Producer is the father?'

I thought - uh-oh. He won't go down the uncle path I hope.

'Yep, he is the guy! He is an awesome father. Michelle and I love him so much.'

'That's great. Why does a tech billionaire sell his company and start up a production company? Can he be successful?'

'Well, this is his first movie except for short film made at Southern Cal, so do I need to say more? He has built a team of the best talent and enables their success. It is beginning to show. There is more to come. One day you will beg him to be on your show.'

Stephen mugged for the camera, big smile and nod.

'I believe you. Maybe I should do that before he gets too successful?'

'Up to you, but he prefers whisky to Perrier.'

That was great! Crowd laughed like crazy. He will never live down the opening.

'Can you set up the clip for us?'

'Certainly, June is distraught, she caught her fiancee doing something unexpected. She is not happy.'

The clip played, it is hard hitting and shows Brad and Tara in the best light.

***

Opening, June (Tara) laying her head on a kitchen table, pounding the table furiously, crying uncontrollably.

Billy (Brad) walks in with a towel wrapped around his waist.

'June, let me explain.'

She sits up, her hair raveled, her face covered with tears, a menacing look on her face.

'What the (bleep) is the there to explain? You are so (bleeping) disgusting. We made promises to each other. Promises to leave those chapters of our lives we didn't need anymore.'

'I know, I know, I just made a mistake. I won't do it again, I promise.'

'Sorry, I don't believe you.'

'You have to believe me, I love you, I do1"

'So you show your love by lathering up your boyfriend in the shower? Get out of my life.'

She stood up, moved in close almost nose to nose.

'Get the hell out of my life. Now!'

Clip ended. Back to Stephen.

'That was powerful. I would vote for you, but I am only qualified for delivering Perrier.'

Great closer. I loved it. So glad he didn't pull the uncle thread. Owe him one.

***

Tara and Brad did the red carpet for the Thursday opening of the movie. Quite the elegant couple. Way more handsome than me. I could see her with someone like him without jealousy. I just want the best life for her.

Saturday we monitored the box office take and reviews. Reviews all good, mention of Academy level recognition. Friday night - $40 million! Not bad. Sunday reports on Saturday - $100 million! OMG! Monday report on Sunday - $20 million! Jack was almost right on his $150 million estimate. We don't see all that, but we are a money maker. $50 million to make the movie - actually $48 million due to Lane.

I made the call to arrange a dinner for Tuesday night. I called Lane. She could barely talk.

'Mike,,, Mike I just got the call. Mom passed away.'

She began sobbing uncontrollably.

'Where are you? I will come right away.'

She was at her condo. I sped over as fast as I could. She answered the door and just grabbed me, hugged me so tight.

'I can't believe she is gone. She has been the anchor for me. She supported me throughout my change, never critical always supportive. I am an orphan now. I have no one.'

'Lane, not true, you have your sister. You have me and the team.'

'It is not the same. Her love for me was without bounds. I no longer have that.'

That is a tough mountain to climb.

I opened my arms, beckoning her to move in for a hug. She did, she hugged me tight. My head on her shoulder, her head on mine. We broke away slightly. Face to face now.

'Mike, you have been so good to me. I really appreciate it.'

She moved in close, our lips were inches away. I moved in and kissed her soft luscious lips. An electric shock rolled through me. I kissed her harder, she kissed back. I was getting aroused. I caressed the back of her hair, continuing the kissing, my passion building. What was I going to do I asked myself.

She broke my trance.

"Mike, I am sorry. I can't do this. I am out of line.'

'Lane, no worries. You are going through a lot. I am here to help in any way I can. I... I can't explain what I did. We were both caught up in the moment.'

'I need to call my sister and let her know. I have to go see Mom and arrange for her transport to a funeral home. They told me I had to do it tonight.'

'Do you need me to come with you?'

'No, I am good, Thanks for coming by. You were a big help.'

She hugged me and kissed me on the lips.

'Maybe we will pick this up later.?'

I just nodded, don't know why, but I did.

***

Driving home, this encounter reminded me of the time I made out with one of my known lesbian employees after a heavy drinking night at a bar. That is all we did. The next day, she asked for a meeting. She closed the door to her office. She told me what we did was fun, but she had no interest in me, she prefers women. Of course I was gracious about it. I had no intent to do anything else with her anyway.

But this was different. Lane was different. I truly had affection for her. She was such a kind, considerate, organized person, how could you not care for her?

I have two women, two kids with those women, a skyrocketing business, What else did I need?

Back home. I updated Lindsey and Tara. Both were ready to run out the door to help Lane. I told them she was good. She had to take care of her mother's transport. They committed to see her in the morning.

***

Laying in bed, Alone. Everyone in their own bedroom. I replayed the whole night. I was aroused kissing Lane. I am aroused now thinking about her. What would I do with her? Tara told me she still liked females. No males she was aware of. Would I be her first?

I grasped my cock and began stroking it, thinking of Lane. Such a sexy body, who wouldn't be aroused not knowing the truth? But what would I do? What would she do? Why would I do anything with her? I was wiped out, the stress of opening weekend, the news of Lane's Mom, the consoling in the condo... I drifted off into a dream...

***

Lane was laying on the bed wearing a sheer black cover up. Breasts visible, flat stomach, cloth covering her penis, barely. It was large. She beckoned me to join her in bed. I dropped down my pajamas, my erection prominently pointing in her direction.

'My oh my. You are bigger than me. Come close so that I can taste it.'

She wrapped her lips around the head and suckled on it.

'If I do this for you, you have to do it for me. Agreed?'

I shook my head yes. I came in her mouth immediately.

'Wow, that was fast. My turn.'

She was back laying on the bed, she uncovered her erection.

'Mike, it is all yours. Make me cum.'

I moved in and wrapped my lips around the head.

She cried out, 'Mike, Mike can you help with Michelle!'

Michelle? Why is Lane saying that.

Tara was shaking me.

'Mike, can you help? She is sick. I need to clean up her bed. Can you watch her while I do that?'

I shook awake. I was shaken by the dream.

'Mike, you have an erection! Who were you dreaming about?'

'You. Seeing you on all the talk shows was such a turn on.'

She grabbed my erection.

'We should put this to use after we cleanup Michelle.'