A Different Way of Life

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

By the end of September the three were falling behind in work and school because of business pressure. After a night class on Thursday Melissa came into Sam's office. She had a nerdy looking young man with her. Sam was not there so she went into the shop area. Sam was busily working on one of the workstations. She smiled up at the young man and took his hand. She pulled him toward Sam. He looked slightly surprised when he saw Sam sitting at the workstation nude.

Sam heard her and the man coming and looked up at them. He pushed away from the workstation and said, "Hello Mel. I didn't know you would have someone with you this time of night." He turned toward the young man and said, "I'm sorry about my attire or lack of it. After business hours I'm afraid I work nude a lot of the time. Let me just go get dressed and I'll be right with you."

Melissa smiled and said, "No Sam. That's not necessary for us. I warned Troy we might catch you this way." She giggled and continued, "I don't think he really believed me when I said we worked naked a lot of the time. Now he does." She wrapped her arm around him and continued, "Sam Troy is in a lot of my classes and is majoring in Computer Information Systems like you. He's good Sam and he needs a job badly. I know we've been talking about finding more help because we're so overloaded so I thought you might be interested in seeing if he would work out? Please? For me?"

Sam looked at the two for a moment. "Well, we do need help badly. I'll give it a try if you want a job Troy." Sam explained the work and pay structure to Troy. While he was talking to Troy Melissa took off her dress and began working at the workstation behind Troy. Sam backed away from the station and said, "Here Troy. I have a worksheet for the changes I'm making in this website. Why don't you see what you can do with it while I get some other work done? If you have any questions I'm sure Melissa can help. If she can't she knows where to find me."

Troy moved to sit down then stopped in shock. He blushed deeply when he saw Melissa working away nude at the other workstation. He almost collapsed into his chair. He just sat staring at Melissa. Sam smiled while he watched Troy try to rearrange the large bulge that had grown in his pants. After Troy had himself arranged more comfortable Sam said, "Troy. Earth to Troy. We need to see if you can do the work here. Am I going to have to send Melissa away or can you concentrate on the computer?"

"OH! Unhhhh. I'm sorry. Yeah, I can do the work. I just." He took a deep breath and continued, "I'm just uh, surprised I guess. I'll get on it now."

Sam laughed and walked away. As he passed Melissa he bent down and gently rubbed her hard nipple as he whispered into her ear. "I saw the way you looked at him and hugged him. Is this just about work here Mel?"

"Yeah, well mostly. He's just so nice and, oh, I don't know. He needs the job and we needed the help. We've been talking a lot since the semester started and I wanted to help him."

Sam gave her a gentle kiss on the cheek. "Well, if he can do the work I'll take him on for you. Be careful though Mel. I don't want you hurt here."

Troy did indeed work out well. He was great in his programming duties and to his and everyone's surprise he was stellar on the phone when people called in with problems. He quickly became their primary telephone technical service representative. By November it was clear to all that Troy and Melissa were interested in each other. One evening after they had stopped working April went to her room and Troy went back to the dormitory where he was staying. Melissa followed Sam to the pool for a late night swim. Once again they played in the water wrestling and fooling around.

Sam moved to Melissa and sat her on the edge of the pool. He kneeled and began eating her out. She rapidly had a thunderous orgasm. Sam stood and gently inserted his cock into her still throbbing pussy. She moaned while he made long slow strokes in and out. Sam shortly began picking up the pace until she was leaning back on her arms with his hands on each of her hips pulling her to him as he thrust forward. Sam made one final lunge and held himself tightly against Melissa while he spewed his spunk deeply into her. When she felt his first jet of cum Melissa tipped over the edge and had another orgasm with him.

Sam gently pulled her to him and gave her a slow gentle kiss. Melissa wrapped her arms around Sam and held him. He felt her shaking and pushed away from her. She was silently crying. "Oh, Mel. I'm sorry. Did I hurt you?"

Melissa shook her head no. She whimpered, "No. I'm sorry Sam. I can't do this anymore. I love you Sam but I think I love Troy more and I feel like I've cheated on him tonight. Please, can we just be friends and work together? I really like staying here and working for you but I just can't do this with you any longer. The last three times we've made love its hurt more when I think about Troy. I want to see where Troy and I are going. I'd like to see if he'll move in with me here if you will let me. Please?"

Sam felt his heart lurch. He looked at Melissa's tear filled eyes and sighed. He knew he didn't love her but he was fond of her. He would miss their love making and it would probably hurt if he saw her and Troy but she was his friend. He wanted what was best for her. He smiled and said, "Sure Mel. If he wants to he gets the same deal as you and April. He helps around here like you all do."

Melissa smiled through her tears and hugged Sam. She pulled back then gave him a deep kiss. She gently caressed his cheek and whispered, "Thank you Sam. I do love you, just not the way I should as a mate. I'll always love you Sam."

Troy moved in with Melissa that weekend. He had some jealousy problems when he saw the way everyone interacted in the pool and around the house. He hated to see Melissa spread her legs in a chair and Sam and his father stare at her most secret place. It took him several weeks to accept the familiar touches everyone made in the household. He still felt a surge of jealousy when Sam wrapped his arm around Melissa or kissed her. Troy, Melissa and Sam separately and together spent several minutes talking out his feelings about this lifestyle. It was the next summer before he came to fully relax and accept their touches and feelings for each other. He had watched carefully and, to his shame even set some camera's trying to catch Mel and Sam cheating but he never had. He did catch some conversations he felt indicated they did not, would not and never had sex with each other after he and Mel became a couple. It still did bother him somewhat that they had been lovers before he and Mel became a couple but he could live with that.

Finally graduation came for April and Sam. They were awarded their degrees and were able to work in the business full time. This made things easier for them all. Unfortunately however Sam now was able to spend more time signing up more customers so they were still overworked. In addition to his web design and server business he had branched out into building and selling his own brand of computers and had the dealership for two national brand name systems. He also sold parts, supplies and peripheral systems so he needed at least one full time store clerk now.

In mid June Sam was in the city Jail working on one of the systems he had sold them when he saw an officer come in with a young Oriental woman. She was crying and looking down at the floor as he guided her toward the booking desk. Sam overheard the officer telling his sergeant they were booking her for vagrancy and trespassing. Apparently she had been told three times now she could not sleep or live in the women's restroom of the city park.

While the police woman assigned to her was taking her through the building for her booking Sam watched the young woman. She was only about 5'6" tall and would be lucky to weigh 100 pounds. Her clothes were threadbare and grimy. She looked vaguely familiar however. After he got the computer working properly he walked up to the shift supervisor and asked about her.

"Well Sam I don't know a lot. She was born here and her and her parents lived around here for years. Unfortunately her parents died back in May. Her father had been injured several years ago in an industrial accident and in ill health since then. Her mother worked all she could and took care of the family. She got sick and died a few months after her father. Mai Ling was a college student majoring in Computers I think. She didn't have a job and lost the small house her parents were renting after they died. She does some part time work but doesn't make enough to live on or go back to school. I think she has two years of college and until her clothes got so messed up she managed to get some temp work around. Now I don't know what she does."

Sam stood thinking for a moment then said, "She hasn't done anything illegal as far as you know has she other than the vagrancy? If I give her a place to stay and maybe even a job would you let her go home with me?"

"Well, I don't know Sam. She's already partly into the system and... Oh, Hell, why not. I know how your family helps out students and their friends. I'll figure something out if she wants to give it a try. Come on."

Sam followed the sergeant into a small holding cell where the young woman was being held pending her incarceration. "Mai Ling this is Sam Jenkins. He was working on our computer system when you were brought in. I'm afraid I told him some of your problems. He is willing to help you if you are willing to work with him. He has a place for you to stay until you can get your feet under you."

"NO. I am not a whore. I have done nothing wrong except try to live without money. I will not be his whore. I will go to jail first."

The sergeant blushed in anger and started to say something to Mai Ling. Sam held his hand up and said, "Wait please Sergeant. I knew what you were trying to tell this young lady and your statement sounded bad even to me."

Sam turned back to Mai Ling and said, "Mai Ling please listen to me. I mean you no harm and I do not need a whore. I have, well I had two very nice young ladies who took very good care of me. I am just trying to be a friend to someone who is having a run of bad luck. My family and I have a very large house with empty rooms. We have let people stay in them before and I suppose we will in the future. Now however, it is your time of need and we have a way to make things easier for you if you will let us.

You will have a room of you own and food to eat until you can find a way to support yourself. All we ask is you help around the house some. All of us who live there do our fair share of the housework and we ask that of all our permanent guests. Now will you let us help you?"

Mai Ling looked at the Sergeant. "This is not a trick? You trust this man to do as he said?"

The Sergeant nodded his head yes then replied, "Yes Mai Ling. I have known him and his family for years and you will not be the first one who they have helped in this manner. I would trust him with my own daughter."

"OK, I will do this but if you try anything I will cut you. No one does that to me unless I wish it."

Sam looked at the Sergeant and smiled. "Thanks Sergeant. I'll take Mai Ling home now. If that computer gives you more trouble just let me know."

When Mai Ling and Sam arrived at his house he guided her inside. Before he had time to show her around completely or explain about their living arrangements trouble started. They were on the tour and walked into the old gymnasium. They heard moaning and the old tell tale slap, slap, slap. Mai Ling's eyes got larger and she whirled to face Sam. "You said I would not be expected to fuck you. I can hear and see with my own eyes that this is a whore house. Get away from me. I am leaving."

Sam barely caught her by the arm before she could get away. She swung on him and tried to hit him. He pulled her tightly against his body and held her. His parents heard the commotion and came up to them in a few moments. Mai Ling and Sam could see the white drainage running down Flower's thighs from his father's spend. Mai Ling looked at her crotch then up at Flower's face.

"Whore. How could you do such a thing? When I get away from this man I will leave. I want nothing to do with this place."

Todd looked at Sam and said, "What is this all about son?"

Sam explained why he and Mai Ling were there and what she had thought about what she had seen. Sam introduced Mai Ling to his parents as he continued the explanation of Mai Ling to them and of their household to her. Mai Ling began relaxing as Sam talked but she was still tense and trying to extricate herself from his grasp. She looked slightly worried but said, "I do not believe you. I cannot believe two respected college professors would do things like this. You do not just have sex beside a swimming pool where anyone can see. I do not believe you."

Flower stood for a moment then walked away. As she was leaving she said, "Everyone stay right there. I will be right back. Within five minutes she returned with her purse and Todd's wallet. She handed him his wallet and then opened her purse. She rummaged around inside for a moment then pulled her wallet from it and opened it. She took a card from it and handed it to Mai Ling. It was her college ID card naming her as Daisy Jenkins, Professor of Sociology. Todd then handed Mai Ling his ID showing he was a Professor of Business Administration.

Mai Ling looked at the cards for a moment and Sam felt her completely relax. She quietly handed them back to his parents. She said, "I am so sorry for what I said to you. I was offered your hospitality and before I even met you I insulted you. Please forgive me. I will go now. I have overstayed my welcome as it is."

Flower reached for her arm and said, "Please stay Mai Ling." She glared at Sam and continued, "You didn't have the full story because my son failed to explain some of the house rules to you. Please take a seat and I will tell you about our little home."

Flower explained how they did things in the house then took Mai Ling on the rest of the tour. She showed her the room April and Melissa used when they were in the house. The old classroom had been portioned off partially and there was room for three double beds in the room. Each sleeping alcove had its own dresser as well as four recliners in a small intimate seating area. Each bed was separated sufficiently for some privacy but the walls did not go to the ceiling. They were only about chest high with spindles above going to the ceiling. There were a lot of growing plants making the old classroom into a welcoming sleeping and relaxation area.

The next morning early the family heard clangs and sounds from the kitchen well before their normal breakfast time. They all wandered into the room to find Mai Ling working feverishly. She was cleaning and shining as she went and had apparently been at it for some time. Much of the stainless work surface was glistening and the commercial stove was cleaner than it had been since they could remember.

When questioned Mai Ling said, "You told me all who lived here had to pitch in and help with the housework. I am doing that. This kitchen needed cleaning badly so I started here. I will also cook for you if you will allow it. I did almost all the cooking at home before my parents died." She looked unsure of herself for a moment then continued, "I have already found many items you need in order to prepare meals. I am not very good with traditional western cooking but I will try if you wish. I can do breakfast well and some of the simpler dishes too. If this is satisfactory I would like one of you to go shopping with me so we can purchase food to prepare. Of course I will need to know the times you wish to dine so I can have the meal ready on time."

The entire Jenkins family stood looking at Mai Ling for a moment. Finally Flower said, "I don't have a problem with that in principle. I never liked to cook that well anyway. Todd and I have to work most of the day. Sam why don't you take Mai Ling around?

"Ok. I also need to introduce her to Troy, Melissa and April too. I think Todd and Melissa got in early this morning and April is planning to spend the next several days here instead of with her parents. They can work in the shop and store while I am running around."

Mai Ling looked worried and said, "I don't want to take you from your business. If you would trust me with money I could go to the store for what I need. I could not purchase as much though because I have no way to carry it unless you have a cart or wagon I could use."

Sam laughed and said, "No Mai Ling. That will not be a problem. I am not usually in the office much anyway. I normally visit businesses, make service calls or try to make new sales so it will be no problem for me to take you shopping today. Just make a list of what you feel we need and we can take care of it for you."

"Ok. I will need to know if there are any foods you do not like or cannot eat then I can plan a menu for the next week. If there is anything you would like to have specifically tell me that also. I will inventory the food on hand too if that is acceptable."

Flower smiled and said, "That is fine with us Mai Ling. None of us is particularly picky about our food as long as it is good."

Sam said, "Mai Ling there is one thing you can do for us. You don't need to get up this early again. None of us are interested in breakfast before about seven a.m. and days we have a later schedule we even eat later than that. We'll give you a schedule if that's ok with you. We usually don't eat large breakfasts either but we can talk about that later. Now its only 6:20 why don't you go back to your room and rest for a while longer?"

"No, I am up now. I'll just keep on cleaning and getting ready for the shopping trip. What time do you wish to leave Sam?"

"About nine thirty or ten I think. We'll introduce you to the rest of the gang on the way out." As Sam was talking he walked over to the coffee maker and began preparing coffee. When Mai Ling saw him begin that task she hurried over and pushed him aside. "I am sorry I neglected to make the coffee. It won't happen again. How strong do you want it?"

Sam laughed and said, "Why don't you watch me today then you can have it done tomorrow. We usually set the timer on the pot but with the excitement of settling you in last night we all forgot. Of course it wouldn't have been done now anyway as we usually have it timed to drink at 0700 every morning."

Sam was in the kitchen with Mai Ling at about 830 when Troy and Melissa wandered in. They still looked sleep tussled. It was their usual time to arrive. They would catch a quick breakfast and still be in the shop at opening time of 0900. The only variation was if they had early classes. They had just arrived when April came wandering in for her coffee. All three of the new arrivals stood for a moment taking in the fact Sam was not alone. He stood from where he was leaning on the counter talking to Mai Ling and said, "Good morning. This is a new guest. Her name is Mai Ling and she plans to be with us for some time until she can get her feet under her again. She has graciously agreed to be our primary cook so maybe we can get some good food around here now."

Sam introduced the four young people to each other and gave them an abbreviated explanation of Mai Ling's circumstances. "As soon as I finish a small job here this morning Mai Ling and I plan to make a quick run into town for some shopping. I'll deliver the new system for Fred's while we're gone. Don't expect us back for lunch. You're on your own for that meal like normal. Did everyone have fun the last couple of days?"