All Comments on 'A Dragon's Tale Ch. 26'

by Antiproton

Sort by:
  • 57 Comments
lbr122lbr122over 2 years ago

great chapter as usual, for creating a spin off I personally feel like if it keeps you motivated to keep working on this world and developing the story than you should do it. However I don't think it would be an issue to spoil the story before hand unless the point of the story was a surprise twist.

tejingtejingover 2 years ago

Hah! I totally saw that one coming as soon as he started the philosophical discussion. I also want to take a moment to say thanks for portraying a monotheistic worldview/religion properly. I don't really mind the stories that portray it as hypocritical or arrogant, all worldbuilding is different, and there are important lessons to be had from those kinds of stories too, but it gets disheartening when that's all you see, over and over and over. ADT has been a real breath of fresh air in that regard, and I love it. And good luck with the next chapter, too. This kind of direct conversation is always tough to pull off. :-)

I kind of hope you lean into the mind control aspect a bit more as Ethan learns to properly control his dragon side. (Enough of his dragon side causing problems already though, I'm ready for Ethan just being a good guy, saving the day, and loving his wives.) Consensual mind control is a huge turn on for me, and I'd love to see what you might do with it. That bit with Alana in this chapter was wonderful.

I'm officially betting Sarah is the 7th wife. The other 6 are all pretty clear by this point. Also, it's driving me nuts wondering, what's everyone so down on Sarah for anyway?

I'm not super interested in a side story until the main storyline of ADT is finished, though if you choose to do it, I wouldn't worry too much about spoiling anything, probably better to just keep ADT going at the pace that makes sense for it. I know writerannabelle did something similar with her Dead and Horny series. The overall outcome was already clear from the main Home for Horny Monsters storyline long before Dead and Horny was finished, but that didn't seem to reduce anyone's enjoyment much, certainly not mine.

jimmy_loganjimmy_loganover 2 years ago

Nice story. Superb twist at the end

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loving the series. If the side story advances the main story then by all means please regale us with more tales from the Ten Kingdoms.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Regarding the Spin-Off story, i wouldn't mind you shifting some time in order to avoid spoilers, since those tend to annoy me greatly.

Otherwise nice chapter, although the caretaker being iluminar was very predictable.

NewtScamanderNewtScamanderover 2 years ago

Loving it. First I love this story too much to want it be delayed. Second, while it could be interesting I’m not a fan of non consensual. “Ruining the end of the short story” might allow some readers who would normally not read NC stories to be able to get through it, knowing how it ends can help. Just my 2 cents. Thanks for the great story.

XacksonXacksonover 2 years ago

Not gonna lie. I’m only at the point of Ethans about to meet the King.

Anyway. Using his title of Profit of Illuminar, Blessed be he, Ethan could ensure all the stuffy shit like not being able to inform the fucking King of something he doesn’t know as it’s NOT dishonourable to learn new information.

Echo55Echo55over 2 years ago

More backstory only adds to the richness of your world. I would like to read this short side story.

UmbraakatUmbraakatover 2 years ago

I can imagine what would Ethan say next "I called God an asshole to His face; that's it, i'm dead" xD

Btw I love this story, the trama and the way you write is extremely good... I only wish you could update more often, i'm really into this universe you build up

nthusiasticnthusiasticover 2 years ago

I’m In Favor of It!

Heck, I’m in favor of anything that gets us more of your writing. It’s creative and intriguing, with many unusual twists and subtle hints of what’s ahead. Plus displaying a wry humor, “Blessed be Me.” Hahaha. Fabulous! Thanks for sharing your talents with us. 5🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 as always.

buddah222buddah222over 2 years ago

Loving ADT and hope you continue on with it short story sounds intriguing but not at the expense of a DT hope to continue Reading your great work thank you for your time and imagination

jwmcleanjwmcleanover 2 years ago

love the story and the turns and twists...thanks for all the work.

ju8streadingju8streadingover 2 years ago

will be waiting for ch. 27

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomeover 2 years ago

Well done, loved the little conversation with God. Plus, any side stories in this universe would be tons of fun, please proceed!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved this chapter. So many intriguing things happening.

I would absolutely love to read the side story. Anything that will explain the world a little more. And it will help to know the side characters' background as they meet Ethan.

I don't think it will spoil the side story if we understand its ending from the main story-line. However, if anyone doesn't like that or is afraid that knowing what ultimately happens with the new characters will reduce their enjoyment of the side story-line, can always just read the side story and wait for it to complete before resuming reading ADT.

jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenover 2 years ago

Hehehehehe. Oh boy. First off, lovely story. Lovely chapter. There are wonderful golden bits of genre and such that are still so lovely to see play out. It took me till the beat after the introduction to recognize him, but as it should be, it was fantastic to watch the scene unfold. Poor Ethan, whole lot of things rattling him so he wasn't focused enough to have thought of it in time. Though, not having to worry or self edit about things is more significant in these types of scenarios, like with Thuking.

There's a lot of threads woven and streaming through this story. With memory of events from a seemingly long time ago within this story, I find myself hoping for simple human superstition on behalf of the agent from earth. Just as there is a man at the peak of a mountain, there too is at least whispers and echoes of his opponent.

As to the question you have posed us... I suppose my real answer would be that I'd be delighted to have a finished short story before it would be "spoiled" by the plot of the main line. Though I will say that even knowing the conclusion of a story isn't enough in its own rights to stall interest in a good read. As long as your muse and your schedule allow, I most prefer you to Be well and write what pleases you. You're talented and have been gracious enough to give us this window from which to see your world. Thank you.

DownUnderThunderDownUnderThunderover 2 years ago

Would happily read some further world building! Short story for sure!

Wh00sherWh00sherover 2 years ago

One of the best chapters so far.

I not quite sure if you appreciate just how much we look forward to reading the next chapter in this amazing story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You are an awesome writer and I'm sure most of us will be interested in the side story.

Although I would like to read this series first,

I think I can tolerate the side story because it is sure to be as awesome as this series is, and some light non-con is a turn on.

I would be happy whatever decision you take.

I love your integration of Judeo-Christian morals too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A side story that introduces new characters to the main story would allow more character development without deluding the main. The harder part, as a reader, is when do I switch from the main to the side and then back again. Let say I just read this chapter, was introduced to Sarah and was wondering what her deal was/is and you didn’t want to add her whole backstory to ADT. So if I saw a title “ADT - All about Sarah” I could take a look at it - after you introduced her to ADT. At the end of this chapter, in the notes section, you could reference “ADT - All about Sarah” that would direct me to her backstory and I could either deviate from ADT or choose to go back at a later time. You could end the side story with the same paragraph that introduced Sarah to ADT…. “As Sarah finished day dreaming of meeting the illustrious Ethan she looked up and saw a single women walk into the inn..”

As Sarah gets more involved in ADT I am sure someone will ask about her past, she gives a brief overview and ends by saying that it’s a tale for another time. Or something like that, I am sure you could weave it together with more finesse.

Thanks for your effort - keep up the great work and blessings for your actual life.

- John

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This one amazing story and this chapter is no exception. You have a gift and as always I'll keep my eye for the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

some lucifer season 6 vibe at end.

tj680tj680over 2 years ago

Absolutely, it would add depth to ADT. Love this story and your writing!

poutniklpoutniklover 2 years ago

Meeting Illuminar together with a side story distraction? Potentially devilish :-)

I remember reading great intertwined stories on Lit of the user nageren. The stories were sharing and rotating main and side characters, each with their story of life. While I already knew the outcome of stories I have already read, everything was like meeting old friends again and understanding hidden, underlying reasons and consequences.

I do not like much if authors decide to write another, while there is a story in progress and I am waiting impatiently for next chapter.

But, OTOH, a side story can be considered as continuation of the main story, with the particular thread taking extra space.

I have only one personal objection to know the outcome of a story in - if I know in advance it will end very badly. Then I have troubles finishing the story, if I like the affected characters, regardless of how well it is written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So happy to hear the King speaking and laughing like a normal human

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Let the side story begin!

poutniklpoutniklover 2 years ago

I hope, if ADT pauses until the side story is finished, it will not be with a cliffhanger, but after some calm part. Definitely not now!! :-D

TwoGunKidtgkTwoGunKidtgkover 2 years ago

Please do not start a new project. Please finish this story first.

This story is awesome 👏.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not real fired up about a side story. I am not very patient waiting as long as we do now for the next release. Names start getting confused and details lost. Once you start a story stick with it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It's already torture waiting out the month for the next chapter to drop. So I very much hope you dont make the shift and keep us waiting even longer. It's been a badass story definitely one of my favorites on the entire site not just the genre!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Why 'antiproton'?

TangentFoxTangentFoxover 2 years ago

It felt like there was too much hero worship of Ethan from his wives in this chapter, but the story remains enjoyable and above the quality of most others. Thank you for publishing it here for our enjoyment.

Wildwood55Wildwood55over 2 years ago

Go for it... this is a perfect time to introduce new characters from within their environment, and have us follow their lives until they cross paths with 'the gang'.

You have Rachel as a question mark, mostly answered, (she needs some personal 'growth' or realization that loving Ethan doesn't mean loss of herself.

Ethan is gob-smacked from the old, but always fresh feeling, gag of 'the boss' leading the unsuspecting supplicant to meet 'the boss'.

Selene is on her own journey to eventually become another love r ofor your protag.

A side story to introduce other characters, and expand the world you've already led us into, (like sheep to the slaughter, or to the promised land; which one it is we'll eventually find out), would fit well right about now.

I wouldn't think of it as anything different than Selene's story parallelling the ADT main story...

You've got an intriguing little barrn burner going, here, thanks, and congrats.

NOw, I better post this before I fall completely asleep, and 'sleep delete' the damn thing. That's one major problem with reading a touch screen in bed, your face/nose can do a lot of 'work for you while you snooze; I've already had to delete enough 'character salads' from dropping off trying to get this comment done, it would be twice as long, if I left them; confusing as hell!

I fell asleep a summer or two ago, when it was hot, and my iPad was face down on my chest. By the time I woke up, I had closed my browser, managed to open other apps, and deleted a bunch of graphics work, some thumbnail story ideas.

I was more productive while asleep using my pecs as I inhaled and exhaled than I usually am when awake. Well... if you can classify deleting files, never to be seen again as productivity.

GeoD

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not interested in "soft" rape stories.

stevez96stevez96over 2 years ago

I enjoy the whole premise of your interlinked Worlds and there interplay. I do not mind waiting while your proposed spin of story develops. Keep up the great Work....Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Kinda skimmed over the other comments already provided. I liked the comment by anom - John concerning the back stories (e.g. - character states that their past is a story for another time - type concept and the reader goes and reads Sarah's ADT BS after the chapter when it is available).

I am not a fan of stopping the flow of ADT. Looking at the classic Star Wars saga as a story template. A New Hope did not need Rogue One to establish how the rebels got the death star schematics and what it cost the rebels. Rogue One was a nice back/side story. The prequel trilogy was also a nice to have (minus jarjar). We already knew the main points from A New Hope and Empire strikes back on how the Empire was formed, Jedi order was destroyed, and Vader was daddy to Luke and Liea.

I hope that Antiproton keeps the writing focus on ADT and develops the main points of the back/side stories with notes and or some sort of an outline capturing the essence of these back/side stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Lets us meet Illuminar and then "To be continued..."

Cruel.

Love your work!

amartsamartsover 2 years ago

I read your tales (the previous chapters), I also regular some of my old favorites despite knowing very well what the ending is, so I really would prefer this story be finished 1st

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

keep going with ADT, non con is not a great category soft or not plus plus how often do people re-read books regardless of knowing the ending, so some spoilers wont hurt and for those of us that probably wont be interested in rape like stories the wait would be a pain in the *** :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I just re-read this to get a continuation as I read the latest chapter and I loved that final joke.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I’d prefer a continuation of ADT

MelanPoncaMelanPoncaover 2 years ago

Hey AP,

Anything that gets more of your writing in front of me is a good thing: DO IT!!! (Please)

taco1085taco1085over 2 years ago

omg, love this ending...... now on to the next chapter..... what a great ending..... rofl..... cant get over My Lord.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I'd never say no to more depth to side characters. Light non-con would be good too. As for the release order, either way the ending of the side story or future events of ADT would be "spoiled" either way, so I don't have a preference.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The most intriguing part of reading this tale has been the illumination of events. As much as the end of chapter scene was expected, the build-up was well done (at a sophomoric/teen level). The parallels to Christianity are well done. The insistence on an atheistic/unenlightened outlook for Ethan is purposefully adept for this storyline.

Thee were many issues over the course of 6 pages that I've elaborated in previous comments. This one was especially wrought with misunderstanding as to which character was talking in dialogs. It would help that when changing paragraphs, you elaborate on who is speaking in the next paragraph. Just because there is a paragraph break doesn't mean the same person is speaking. Also, there is a discrepancy with prior facts presented in relation to Alana. Her position is as "niece" to the king and her mother is "sister-in-law", not "niece". Alana's father was trading the riches of House Nalfinger, not Kalon. It pisses me off that simple things get so f'd up and ruin a good story.

There's likely more, but I am pleased with the religious reverence displayed, so that is something. The honor which marriage and "bonds" are treated is also a positive, although the insistence on poly-romance seems too unlikely (but so does kissing a reptile with warm blood).

Smokepole

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Haven't finished the chapter yet (great story so far btw), but there's been a couple extremely jarring details in this chapter. First of all the throne room. It's supposed to be 'large' with a throne at the far end, lots of decorations, etc, yet you say it's 50 feet wide and half again as long. Almost 4000 square feet, the size of a house. Not exactly throne room worthy. And the servant girl Sarah's bedroom.. 'six feet square'. I take that to mean 2' by 3', but even if it was 6'x6' that's unrealistically small, no?

Anyway, just a little feedback. Great story, too much sex, not enough plot for my liking, but those can be skipped ;).

bhojobhojoover 2 years ago

Yes lets have the shorter tale too!

Dreamdog519Dreamdog519over 2 years ago

I truly love this story and cannot wait to read the ending!

NZloverNZloverover 2 years ago

Would love to read the shorter story as well.

Ramjet57Ramjet57about 2 years ago

Checked, the short story is not listed under your profile, is it coming later?

vintageridervintagerideralmost 2 years ago

Good to see Christian principals woven into a story by someone who appears to understand how they apply. I think your portrayal of how God would appear when he wanted to talk to someone is spot on (use of a burning bush excepted of course) as is his explaination of why he doesn't prevent all bad things from happening.

Dreamdog519Dreamdog519over 1 year ago

Second time through and it is still wonderful. Sometimes the spelling errors make it a little confusing for a second. Otherwise the story is imaginative and fun to read. Keep up the excellent work.

Polly_DollyPolly_Dollyabout 1 year ago

This chapter was pretty tight, enjoyed the result in plot, more direct character development, and insight of motives. I’m no writer but, just sayin

Jackspeed2uJackspeed2uabout 1 year ago

Now then… did I say anything insulting about God on the way up, we’ll besides insinuating that he was pathetic and probably didn’t exist oh and outright stating he didn’t know how to do his job… Oopsy daisy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I'm really curious again. Kendra figured out that Lord Delmar is probably going to attack Ethan and his wives. That makes sense. Rachel, his daughter, doesn't think about this? Seems a little strange. I know she is stuck on the what do I want for my life, and which choice do I pick. It just seems weird that she hasn't at any point mentioned her father possibly tracking them down.

Just my opinion,

Buddy J.

That blessed be me line cracked me up.

whip313whip3136 months ago

The only thing that bothers me, besides my happy-fun-porn-times being infused with religion, is that the author fails spectacularly to understand the philosophical "problem of evil" that no religion on earth, Christianity included, has managed to justify. When you challenge them with the "why do bad things happen to good people?" question, the answer is always something ignorant like in this story... 'people must have free will', 'blame the victim', 'bad things happening are blessings in disguise'... blah blah blah. And that's fine, if human actions were the only cause of problems in the world you might have a point (even if your explanation would still lack a coherent answer why a god would even design a system where those things were necessary if he's truly omnipotent and omniscient) but evil people doing evil things to other people through their free will is only a teeny-tiny fraction of the 'bad things' that happen to good people. Does a parasite that eats children's eyeballs from the inside out need its 'free will' for the plan of salvation to work? Does malaria need it's free will to murder babies? Does an earthquake need its free will to topple over a skyscraper onto an orphanage? I could go on, but you get the point. This world is full of random suffering (that apparently your god chose to create and turn loose) from which there is no moral good to be achieved, no blessing in disguise, no free will utilized. Regardless of whether you think the purpose of this life is a test, a learning experience, a necessary step to godhood, or something else (depending on your version of Christianity) that would justify a certain amount of evil, hardship, or trauma in this life, there still exists an infinite amount that you would never be able to justify by whatever purpose you ascribe. The religious apologetics offered in this series are worse than childish, they're willfully ignorant.

skippersdadskippersdad4 months ago

This is still a great story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAntiproton@Antiproton
For as little as $1/month, you can get early access to new chapters on Patreon. Some tiers get access 2+ months early for less than the cost of some decent coffee. . www.patreon.com/antiproton . You can also join the Discord server for free, though Patrons have greater acces...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES