A Dragon's Tale Ch. 41

Story Info
A kiss is just a kiss.
25.3k words
4.88
16.1k
36

Part 41 of the 57 part series

Updated 04/26/2024
Created 07/28/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Antiproton
Antiproton
2,471 Followers

Chapter 41: "A kiss is just a kiss"

I now have an editor, so you all shouldn't need to put up with my typos and poor/dyslexic editing skills anymore. :)

* * *

"Wait, I think I misheard you." Ethan said to Selene as he shook his head. He and his wives had just exited the captain's cabin, and the rest of the crew were clustered around the breakfast fire eating.

"Did you just say that you wanted to bond?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

The caramel-haired beauty shook her head. "Not quite, I said: 'I think we need to bond'; I don't want to at all."

He looked at her for a long moment. "Because of Smithbond and your impending mission to Earth?"

She nodded. "I can't see a way around bonding because we'll need a way to communicate, but I sure as hell don't want a husband who sleeps with other women." She said vehemently.

"It's not so bad." Anthiel said with an amused grin, then took a sip of her drink.

"I don't care; I'm not interested." The Brazilian woman said firmly, then looked at Ethan. "I get that you have an issue when you're bonded to a woman but not sleeping with her. However, I think we can get around that without actually having sex."

"Oh?" Kendra perked up, then cocked her head to one side. "I would've given anything to know how just yesterday, now..." She looked at Ethan and made a thoughtful sound. "...now I'm glad I didn't."

Selene glanced at her, then continued. "Anyway, I was thinking that after we bond, I can, uh... 'hold your wing' while you 'take care of yourself' while we're in different rooms. Physical contact should be enough right?"

"Um, I've never tried." He frowned.

"Oh, I wonder if that would work." Beth piped up. "I volunteer to hold your wing while you try."

"Thank you." Selene said to the blonde, then looked back at Ethan. "And if it works and we bond now, we should be able to communicate telepathically by the time we make it back to the portal, right?"

"Well, I think we'll arrive at the mine tomorrow, right?" He asked Taloni.

"Yes master." She nodded. "Then it will take three or four days to get back to Sarah's inn when we leave, depending on the wind."

"So four or five days total." He said. "And we'll probably spend at least a couple days at the mining town, so maybe a week? Longer if it takes a while to deal with the orcs." He looked at Selene. "Yeah, that would probably do it. I could hear Taloni faintly after about a week, and things seemed to have sped up after that."

"I came up with similar numbers from what I remembered, that's why I suggested now." Selene replied. "The real question is how long it takes before your dragon side gets out of hand."

"You said it took about a week before the dragon really got stronger, right Dominus?" Beth said.

"About that." He nodded.

"Then that should be perfect." Selene said. "And just to make it clear, I have absolutely no intention of marrying you. Ever. I simply can't stomach a man who sleeps with other women."

He frowned. "I never asked you to, nor did I say I wanted to marry you." He didn't dislike Selene in the slightest, but he didn't feel much real attraction to her aside from her frankly outrageous beauty. He had a healthy respect for her, but that was about it.

"Oh." Selene seemed to deflate slightly, but recovered quickly. "Well, I'm glad we're on the same page then."

"So, bonding today if I can jerk off while Beth is holding my wing." He said with a frown. "Wow, I thought those days were behind me."

"No one ever held your wing while you took care of business?" Alana winked.

"Not yet." He chuckled. "Though, I think I'm going to eat breakfast first."

He sat down, and there appeared to be a bit of uncertainty about which of his wives was going to sit next to him. They usually just followed the sleeping order, but Kendra had ended up next to him in the middle of the night, changing the order.

Selene definitely noticed.

She made a face halfway between an amused smile and a grimace, rolled her eyes and shook her head slightly.

"Something you want to share with the whole class?" He asked with an amused smile while his wives sorted themselves out, eventually settling on precedent and sitting in the order they had been sleeping in that morning.

Selene waggled her finger between him and his wives. "Not a problem if you don't have too many women."

"Ironically, I agree." He sighed.

All his wives except Taloni looked at him in alarm.

"I would never get rid of any of you. Ever." He clarified. "But I do feel stretched thin; there's too many-- okay, not 'too many' of you, but..." he trailed off, not sure how to finish the sentence accurately.

"But master hasn't realized that he's a perfect husband to five women already, and refuses to acknowledge that we're all happy." Taloni sighed and gave him a longsuffering look. "Honestly master, please don't sell yourself short."

Ethan felt a smile creep onto his face despite himself. "You know, you're the sweetest thing ever. Has anyone ever told you that?"

The Fey beamed.

"To clarify, I meant that I wish I had enough time to give all of you the attention you deserve." He said. "Realistically, I'd never advise a man to have more than two wives;maybe three at the absolute maximum. I just don't feel like I give you all enough time individually."

"We do have enough time Dominus." Beth pointed out. "Remember, we'll live a long time; much longer than usual."

"True." He conceded. "But on the other hand, people grow and mature as they get older. I would hate not having enough time to really know you all. I mean, the harem fantasy is great... right up until it meets the real world. I'm only one man, and I only have so much time."

"I don't remember ever complaining sir." Alana pointed out.

"Nor I Dominus." Beth added.

"See master, you're doing fine so far."

"They're right my lord."

His first four wives all looked at Kendra, who finished chewing before replying. "Um, I've been married less than twenty four hours, so I'm probably not the best wife to ask."

He nodded and turned to the Brazilian woman. "Anyway, I get your point Selene; I really do. I even agree somewhat." Ethan said, then finally took the first bite of his breakfast.

She inclined her head in confirmation, but otherwise didn't reply.

The talk around the breakfast table was a bit subdued for several minutes while Ethan and his wives ate and Selene seemed lost in though.

Finally, Rachel broke the silence. "My lord, did you want me to write that letter to Elder Goman to let him know about my father being a dragon?"

"Good idea." He nodded, then looked around at everyone. "What else needs doing?"

"I need to finish Selene's strength-enhancing vambraces." Alana said. "I'll need some mana donations from everyone to get it finished before we arrive at the mining town though."

"Thank you." The Brazilian woman smiled. "I really appreciate it."

"My pleasure." The wood elf replied.

"Anything else?" Ethan asked.

"Actually yes." Alana said. "I was thinking about your armor, and how you carry it with that canvas backpack I made." She made a face. "It's kind of ugly, and I think it'll work better if I enchant the armor to stick to itself in a compact stack."

"How do you mean?" He asked.

"Well, I could take the backplate and stack all the smaller pieces on top of it in flat layers, and then enchant them to stick to each other so it would be one solid unit until you needed it. Then they would stop sticking to each other when you summoned them, but be compact until you do. You could then stick it to your back like the backpack, but wouldn't need to carry around that ugly old thing."

"Oh thank Illuminar." Beth said. "It wasso ugly."

"Exactly!" Alana exclaimed. "This way, it'll look better and be more functional."

"Oh! And you need to put Illuminar's sigil on the front of the breastplate!" Taloni exclaimed as her wings vibrated in excitement. "Then everyone will know who master is!"

"And it should go on the paldrons and back armor too!" Beth clapped her hands together excitedly.

"Ladies, are you sure that's a good idea?" He asked. "That seems pretty presumptuous of me to go around wearing white armor with Illuminar's Sigil on it."

"Not at all my lord." Rachel interjected. "The weapons that Gabriellathe angel designed for you have Illuminar's sigil on them; why not the armor too?"

He opened his mouth to object, but couldn't think of a good rebuttal. Dang, Rachel was sharp.

Hmm.

Wearing white armor with Illuminar's sigil on it did seem a bit 'on the nose'. He pictured it in his head, especially the seven-pointed star with a circular center that represented Illuminar, and had to admit it would look pretty good.

He still frowned.

"What's wrong?" Alana asked.

"I'm hesitant to walk around with Illuminar's sigil plastered all over my armor because then..." He hesitated as he collected his thoughts. "It's like I'm saying that I represent Illuminar and I don't feel like I'd be a very good representative."

"Why not?" Beth asked.

"Nearly everyone here has been around for at least one of my major screw ups." He pointed out. "And since I'm not perfect, I doubt I'll stop screwing up any time soon. I know I'd be pretty pissed if someone was going around claiming to represent me and screwing up as much as I do."

"That's very wise master." Taloni nodded. "But I don't think you have anything to worry about. That's not what the commandment was about."

"What commandment?" He asked.

"Illuminar's third great commandment master." The Fey replied. "The Book of Light says: 'You shall not commit evil in my name, for I will not leave unpunished the man who does evil in my name.' Of course you make mistakes master, and no one expects you to be perfect. But Illuminar didn't say: 'You shall not make mistakes in my name'; He said: 'You shall notcommit evil in my name'. You could never do that master."

"I agree with Tee." Beth nodded.

"Our Fey friend does have a point my lord." Rachel conceded.

"She does." Alana agreed.

He looked at Selene. "Thoughts?"

"Why are you asking me?"

"Because you probably have a different perspective."

"I do." The Brazilian woman nodded. "But I'm not sure you all want to hear it."

"Well now we have to." Beth leaned forward, and all of Ethan's other wives looked expectant as well.

"Okay, well you all say that Illuminar picked Ethan right?"

They nodded.

"And He didn't ask Ethan before picking him, right?"

They nodded again.

"Then I don't give a rat's ass what Illuminar wants if He's going around deciding what people are going to do." She said, though without strong emotion. "As far as I'm concerned, He can go screw Himself if He's going to toy with other people's lives and not give them a choice."

The Brazilian woman shrugged and took another bite of her food.

Silence.

All of Ethan's wives stared at her open-mouthed. Even Anthiel and Serif seemed a bit surprised; Raklan was too busy stuffing his face to react.

"He said that I had a choice, but that He knew what I was going to choose." Ethan said.

"Same thing." She shrugged again.

"I'm going to pray for you." Taloni said after several long seconds. "Illuminar is wonderful, and I'll pray that you see that."

"As long as He's controlling everyone, not going to happen." The Brazilian woman replied, but she didn't seem angry about it.

* * *

"And?" Selene asked when Ethan, Beth, and the rest of his wives emerged from the captain's cabin after breakfast. She was hoping her idea would work, little though she wanted to hold his wing while he was taking care of himself at some point in the future.

"Rachel got the letter to Elder Goman written and sent." He said with a mischievous smile. "And we made sure to explain about your mission to Earth too."

"Not what I meant." The Brazilian woman rolled her eyes. "Did it work?"

"Did you ever eat a meal and your stomach is full, but you just don't feel satisfied?" He replied.

"Sure."

"It felt like that."

"So... it worked?" The caramel haired beauty asked.

"Yeah, it worked." He nodded.

"So, bond?" Selene asked, hoping that this would actually be a solution.

He took a deep breath and then let it out slowly. "Um, we can."

"But?" She prompted.

He frowned. "I don't think you realize exactly what bonding involves."

"Moving a little mana around; I can do that now."

"Yeah, it's more than that." He replied. "You still don't have any mental defenses, and before long I'll be able to feel what you're feeling. Likewise you'll be able to feel what I'm feeling."

"Okay, then I'll create some mental defenses; problem solved."

"It's more than that though." He shook his head. "I realize that neither of us grew up with it, but this bonding thing is deep. It's something that I barely understand, but it's more permanent than you might think."

"Right, but a short death and heart restart should take care of that." She countered.

"It does break the bond, yeah." He conceded hesitantly. "But also consider 'the glimpse', for lack of a better term."

"The glimpse?" She raised her eyebrow. "That sounds a little melodramatic don't you think?"

"No." He said simply, and she didn't get the sense he was exaggerating. "Imagine that you could get a snapshot of who someone is; all of them. Every part of them, even their insecurities and the parts they hate; the parts they are ashamed of. Imagine getting that picture burned into your brain so deeply that you can never forget it. Something like that doesn't just go away, even after a short death and a heart restart."

"That's part of the bond though, and death breaks the bond; right?" She countered.

"Yes, but you're not listening." He shook his head. "They call deep mana the seat of the soul, and it took me a while to understand why, but I get it now. Frankly, it'sprofoundly intimate."

"Profoundly?"

"Ladies." He turned to his wives. "Would you say it's more or less intimate than sex?"

All of them hesitated before answering, which didn't make Selene feel better. She definitely didn't want to sign up for anything near that level of intimacy. Sure he was a good guy, but doinganything intimate with him was the last thing she wanted, even if it wasn't sexual.

"I'm not sure I can compare them." Alana finally said, answering Ethan's question. "It's like food and water; both are nourishment, but they're so different that it's hard to compare them."

Ethan's other wives mostly nodded, except for Kendra who looked pensive. "Careful Selene." The dragon huntress said. "It's hardnot to be attracted to him after bonding with him."

The Brazilian woman frowned.

That wasn't good.

Still though, she was the only one who could go to Earth and hope to do something about Gonorran and Smithbond's portal. The last thing she wanted was a closer association with Ethan, but she was the only one who could help with that particular problem. Regardless of how she felt about it, she needed to act. No one else could and the people of the Ten Kingdoms needed her help, regardless of how she felt about it.

"Copper for your thoughts?" Beth asked.

"Is there any way that we can deal with Smithbond and the portal without being able to communicate telepathically?" The ex-FBI agent asked.

"I can't think of one." Ethan replied. "At the very least we'll need to know if you're successful."

"He's right." Rachel nodded. "I hate to send you there without help, but I don't think anyone else could even make it to Earth."

"Then we should bond." Selene said. "I'm not exactly looking forward to it, and I don't want to, but I don't see another way."

"It seems like sending you alone and without backup is a colossally dumb move." Ethan pointed out.

"But what other choice do we have?" She countered.

"Fair." He nodded his head in concession after several seconds. "I don't like it, but fair."

She took a deep breath. "Okay, then let's do this."

He held out his hand, and she took it. She was rather keenly aware of how smooth his scales were and how warm the man-- err, dragon himself was.

Rachel chuckled.

"What?" Selene asked.

"Do you know how to find your deep mana yet?" The redhead asked.

"Oh, I just assumed..." Selene looked around to see that almost everyone had an amused expression on their faces, which made her cheeks feel warm as she accidentally displayed her ignorance of magic.

"It's easier once you've found your regular mana, but still not easy." The teen mage said. "Come on, I'll show you how; it shouldn't take more than a few hours."

* * *

"Elder Goman wrote back!"

Ethan now had enough discipline that he didn't look when his youngest wife shouted from across the weather deck, no doubt burning with curiosity about its contents. Instead, he kept his eyes and senses focused on his dueling opponent. Serif gave him a small nod of approval, no doubt at his refusal to be distracted.

*Hang on angel.* He thought to everyone in response, since they had almost certainly heard the blonde shouting.

He held his sword in a low guard, which he found himself favoring because of its versatility. The attack options were a bit more limited, but it put him in an excellent position to parry and then riposte incoming attacks.

Serif attacked with a lightning fast thrust that Ethan batted aside with the lower half of his blade, simultaneously angling his own point on-line for a counter thrust. His opponent responded by using the force of Ethan's parry to accelerate his sword into a counter blow. He put his thumb on the flat of the blade, whipping it around lightning fast mostly with his wrists, forcing Ethan to abandon his thrust to deflect the attack.

Ethan stepped back after the exchange, still marveling at how incredibly proficient the man was. He didn't hold much hope of ever beating him without his enhanced reflexesand strength enhancing armor pieces. Even then he wasn't confident about his chances.

Serif was just that good.

Speaking of whom, the other man lowered his practice blade and inclined his head fractionally towards the beautiful blonde teen, who was none-too-patiently bouncing on the balls of her feet with a letter in her hands.

Ethan nodded and headed towards her. "Are you excited about something?" He asked with a wink.

She pushed the letter into his hands. "What's it say?"

He took the letter, paused for several seconds, and then looked up at the cloudless blue sky, pausing for another several seconds before speaking. "Wow, nice weather today."

"Dom-i-nus." Beth groaned, pointing insistently at the letter.

*Anyone who wants to hear the response, gather 'round.* He thought to his wives. *And Rachel, go ahead and bring Selene.*

Not long afterwards, they had assembled in front of the captain's cabin and he broke the wax seal and started reading.

"What's it say?" Beth asked, being too short to read over his shoulder.

"It says... hmm." He intentionally put on a very serious expression. "It's bad. It says that a young blonde girl will soon be viciously tickled."

Beth blinked, and then moved too slow as he dropped the letter. He managed to get both his hands around her waist and started tickling before she could react. She shrieked in laughter as she tried unsuccessfully to escape his wandering fingers.

"Gah! Dominus, please--" She shrieked in laughter again. "--please stop."

He did, laughing as his youngest wife tried to catch her breath.

"Not funny Dominus!" She said as she tried not to laugh.

"I thought it was." He chuckled and then turned to Rachel, who had caught the letter. "And?"

Antiproton
Antiproton
2,471 Followers
123456...8