All Comments on 'A Dream of Empire Ch. 011'

by WhimsicalRepertoire

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
FieroGT1988FieroGT1988about 6 years ago
A very need way to close out the problem of Inquisition

Off on a wild goose chase to a land they will avoid for the foreseeable future. Again love the work keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Empires

Very much looking forward to Ch 12; Ch 11 is strong. The detail work is nice; sexism (with (alleged) biological basis), overconfident agent of an excessively paranoid empire, good improvised active defensive tactics. (The name of the paranoia trigger.)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Fate of Kaisa, and female superiority

I do not like her type.

Treat my earlier comment as teasing, from a possible-male.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Worldbuilding

First, your worldbuilding has been excellent and often uncanny; no complaints. (A very high-end sci-fi flavour.)

A very competent empath is fully melded with Talos. (Who additionally has a rare natural ward.) This is a puzzle. All will be revealed. The mind will wander until then, e.g. an explanation might involve, in part, something like "supernaturally timed exposure to one or more sex hormone analogues/antagonists during male fetal development...".

Kaisa is an avatar of the Emperor of Man. That is a type I dislike by default. In all worlds.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Fun fact

Just some nerd fact:

If their world (planet?) has the same volume as earth and their days are 24 hours days like on earth, considering the fact that Redstone and Catriona are 500 miles away and have a time difference of 2 hours, on earth they'd ber situated near the 81st parallel, very close to North Pole and even further north from Siberia or Alaska. Either that or their planet is much much smaller with a very low gravity.

Nice development of the story. I'm going to have to catch up with the remaining chapters.

Btw, I remember you once posted a link to an incomplete rough map of that world. Any chance you'd post the map on your bio page?

- Lonecrow

lonecrowlonecrowalmost 6 years ago
Thanks for the map

It somehow skipped my eyes when I looked at your bio page last time. I also obviously didn't read the comments in chapters 9 and 10, otherwise I'd have seen the comments about the map. But thanks a lot. It helps to imagine and visualize the story when you have a map to go with.

lonecrowlonecrowalmost 6 years ago
60th

And btw, 1 hour time difference at 500 miles distance puts them a little below the 60th parallel. And that is northern Canada. In my opinion a more likely place will northern United States, or near the 45th parallel. Which will make the time difference between them about 35 minutes. But that's just my opinion.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWhimsicalRepertoire@WhimsicalRepertoire
All my stories exist in the same fantasy world. You can find the map of said world here: https://i.imgur.com/njRJtmY.jpg I'm currently working on 'Echoes of Spring' and 'A Dream of Empire'. The prologue to 'A Dream of Empire' begins with "Luck Pt.01 - A Chance Meeting". It...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES