All Comments on 'A Family History'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

You're a wonderful storyteller!

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Vanilla

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Personally, I find it very strange to be in love and want to go out alone with your friends so many times, especially in a relationship so young or new.

When you're truly in love, you want nothing more than to spend as much time as possible with the other person.

I met my partner when I was 19, and we almost always dated with different friends, colleagues or others. But most of the time it was together, because we couldn't be separated from each other.

When we had fun, we drank, we danced, we wanted to share our joy, our pleasure, our fun with our partner.

40 years later, we are not married but still together with 3 grown children, and we still enjoy spending as much time as possible together whether as a couple or with a group of friends.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A simple family story about real human beings who live and hurt, who struggle but work hard and share deep love. I almost didn't read it because of the low rating average, but since it was DG Hear I took a chance. It was a five for me!

Cito22Cito22over 1 year ago

Thank you for a nice story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Did someone hijack your account?

Vstar67Vstar67over 1 year ago

I bet we’ve traveled a lot of the same roads. I was born in Harlan. 55 years ago. Reading stories from or about Harlan makes me long for home.

rnebularrnebularover 1 year ago

Nice sweet little tale of love. Thanks for sharing.

Turning502019Turning502019over 1 year ago

I felt like there was a build up that never happened. Otherwise an enjoyable read.

amygdalaamygdalaover 1 year ago

Wow this tale was very dry and clinical. Not saying there needs to be unnecessary drama or over the top excitement but reading it was sorta boring.

The_Sheppards_CorrectionThe_Sheppards_Correctionover 1 year ago

I have enjoyed many of your stories, but none better than this! Well done! Finn

RanDog025RanDog025over 1 year ago

Excellent story! I really prefer these type of stories to others. Much better than reading about two males pocking at each others ass holes or some guy dressing up as a female only to himself getting pocked in his shit hole. My favorite is the Burn the Bitches, going nuclear on fucking cheaters, Hate cheaters, lol. Sore = 5 BIG ASS FUCKING NOVA STARS!

muskyboymuskyboyover 1 year ago

Felt like a LW story, right to the end.

Dry_opinionDry_opinionover 1 year ago

Boring.

Only natural, since it is based on a real life and real life usually is boring. The "not so boring" parts are usually kept private. No exciting private parts were revealed in this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One of the first comments was vanilla - nothing else. There is nothing wrong with that, my favorite ice cream is vanilla- I liked the story also! BTW, I just read an article about vanilla, it is one of the most complicated flavors! Thanks DG.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Interesting but written in a curiously jerky style, more like notes than description.

The MC was a simple-minded threat to himself and others. Eddie should have had him gaoled.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yeah, 2 times a week at a bar for stress relief when the love of your life sits home alone seems kind of a strange way of expressing that love. Other than that aspect, great stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I'm sorry but something bad has happened to your writing in the past couple of years. This reads like a 10 year-old's "what I did on my Summer holidays" school essay, no engagement with the characters whatsoever.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

All a bit one dimensional. Almost felt a bit like a kid telling you about their day at school with no pause for breath. Not one of the author’s best

DG HearDG Hearover 1 year agoAuthor

I'd be the first to admit I don't write as good as I use to. I started back writing this year after some of my old friends told me I should try. I do enjoy writing about the things that come into my mind, but it seems that a lot of the readers are moving toward other categories. The hot stories seem to be gays, lesbians, transvestites and incest. That not my forte. I do thank the many readers that still read my stories and take the time to comment.

With respect

DG Hear

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

DG Hear, I really enjoy your stories. I really don’t like the cuck stories, too many of them.

Please keep the stories coming.

5*

SyzyguySyzyguyover 1 year ago

Thank you for the story. Your characters here are believable, if uncomplicated. (I'm not sure that Gary's temper bodes well for the future, but it's not an issue in this story . . . ) I always look forward to reading your work.

OnethirdOnethirdover 1 year ago

This is kind of a “sorbet story”, a refresher after all the stressful cheating and BTB stories. Nothing really bad happens, and the guy gets AND keeps the girl. If it ran like many other stories, he would have found his girlfriend heading out with a dance partner and wreaked vengeance, etc. Or, there would have been a foreshadowing where she did something a little iffy but he still marries her, and then twenty years later she’d cheat on him and blow everything up. I hate stories where a couple in their late middle age falls apart and one or both are left without a life partner to spend their late years with. There are so many lonely old people out there. Anyhow, nice uplifting story about a family that largely stays intact. I lost my 95 year old dad this year but still have my older brother and younger sister nearby. Family is everything.

Bronco56Bronco56over 1 year ago

This was a very heartwarming type of story. I liked it. It's nice to read a romance story once in awhile. Keep it up. 5stars

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

You have to love a real life story.

BGHillmanBGHillmanover 1 year ago

Entertaining stories with enuff sex to keep pants tented!!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I was still waiting for the ending when it just ended,

Bill S.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...

SIMILAR Stories