All Comments on 'A Family Torn'

by laptopwriter

Sort by:
  • 394 Comments (Page 2)
EddboyEddboyabout 7 years ago
good read

i dont know if i could forgive my ex wife so quickly after moving a man she barely knew into the house a month after the divorce, she is at least 50 % to blame for what happened to their daughter

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
GREAT!!!!

The only thing that would have made the story better is if the Asshole Dayton would have an inmate parent slit his throat from ear to ear.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Great story! There was potentially some more emotional intrigue/jealousy to deal with around the fact that she moved another guy in and liked the sex with him. But in all honesty thats nitpicking. Five stars!

SyummSyummabout 7 years ago
One of good story

Not much man can beat his ego with his deep love. Tom character tell that. Not easy for high temprament person such Tom to do it. Author describes easily. But the key point is Tom love to his family. Great story.Congrats

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Excellent Story 10 Stars

I have a friend who's daughter was molested by another friend (I mean former friend), it hurts everybody including friends. The story was GREAT, I liked how the story pointed to Dayton as the guilty person but also left us wiggling and not sure if he really was the guilty person until it came out. Then how you manage to get Tom and Angela back together was superb and the fact there was no infidelity while they were married made it all the sweeter. I was afraid you might put Cayla and Tom together and leave Angela out in the cold.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysabout 7 years ago

I'm really not a fan of them getting back together, the ex-husband should just have moved on when Angela started sleeping with someone else.

Also, the whole molestation plot felt a bit anticlimactic to me somehow.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
WOWEE SOME POWERFUL STORY

Hi there peoples! Truly how do I give a comment on this story? Well it's well worth the stars all 5 of them, I wish Tom put a bullet between that Bastards eyes! I have zero tolerance for bastards who rape children or adult women for that matter! I have a teenage daughter and I would KILL ANY PIECE OF SHIT WHO TOUCHED HER! OH I loved the ending Fucken Tastic! Thanks for sharing this Fantastic story with us! Love you all! GREG. OH 100 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE.

rightbankrightbankabout 7 years ago
Congratulations

A difficult subject

handled well.

It was told with compassion and understanding.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
GREAT

This is the best story I have ever read on literotical. I love it so much. little and suppose insignificant things causes big trouble. Big cheers.

boatbummboatbummabout 7 years ago
You Really Got Me Good!

An amazingly well done story! Loved the way you brought us to the happy ending. It brought tears to my eyes -- tears of joy!

Now I need to go read a little HDK piece to get a few laughs!

Thanks for the outstanding read!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
A really great feel-good story

And I gave you 5 stars for it. After staying up until 1:55 am. finishing my own work!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
A truly amazing incredible LTW original

One of your bests. A truly moving story. You write like no one. Please keep doing it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
THAT... Is A Hell Of A Story

And I loved every minute of it. I agree with other comments that it's one of the best I've read here on "Lit.". Very powerful, very moving. Much thanks to "laptopwriter" for bringing it to us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Difficult subject

Very well handled. I doubt that issues such as those you describe could be resolved so smoothly, but that's what fiction is all about. A feel-good ending to a very tense story. 5 stars. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great story.

Very well written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
5 stars... absolutely 5 stars!

Great story. I remember well my kids, one by one, as they got ready for their first day of kindergarten. Their Mother and I had several times gently warned them about being "touched" by anyone older than they were and, if that happened, they should tell us about it immediately. But when they started kindergarten, I painted more of a "what if..." scenario.

"Someone might do something and then tell you to keep it a secret or they'll hurt Mommy or Daddy. But that's not true. See, what they're really worried about is Daddy hurting THEM. Daddy can't be beat, he's too strong - and since Daddy protects Mommy, you don't need to worry about her either. So if anything ever happens, let us know. You have NOTHING to worry about."

Thank God they were never messed with. When I think of something like that happening, umm, my blood just runs cold. I could absolutely mess a guy up for life if that had happened - then eat a nice dinner, go to bed and sleep like a baby. You bet'cha. Great story Laptop, I love happy endings.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysabout 7 years ago

Didn't like the ending, in part because the rapist got of too easy, but mostly because of the reconciliation, it boggles my mind that Tom would ever get back with a woman that let a rapist into her home and slept with him, leading to their daughter losing her innocence. They should have stayed divorced.

smmhomesmmhomeabout 7 years ago
Difficult topic to handle..

...You handled it deftly. Well done.

I thank you for your contribution and am glad you shared the story with us in this forum. That said, I would like to offer my critique.

I enjoy the LW dramatic tales, but mostly for the tension between the husband and wife. The topic of child molestation dwarfed (in impact) the husband/wife drama that I usually find so interesting. I'll definitely acknowledge that you used the daughter's crisis to lead them through a series of events, feelings, reactions... to generate a reasonably well-motivated reconciliation (btw an extremely rare accomplishment on this site). Full kudos and appreciation for that. However, if I were to ask myself to describe the essence of this story... would I answer with, "it's a LW drama"? I don't think so. For me, the essence of this story is something more along the lines of, 'a daughter in crisis'... The LW drama elements were there, but simply overshadowed by other story components.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Very well handled

I thought this was a very good story. To those who don't like the reconciliation, have a heart! Such a reconciliation is possible, though never easy. Through the therapy scenes, which I thought were excellent, they both came to recognise that each was partly to blame, a necessary step if a reconciliation is to occur. As to how could he reconcile with some-one who had let a child-molester in, these monsters can be very charming and plausible, and easily fool some-one, especially if that person is feeling vulnerable. Dayton was grooming Angela, just as he later groomed Lana. To hold being fooled against her would be heartless and cruel.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
5 Stars all the way

Ditto to every good comment!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
hahaha

was a bitch lets child get molested but all is forgiven.

An in no way was it her fault, sniff sniff hahahaha.....it happens so much they deserve it

rereadrereadalmost 7 years ago
take the time to talk first

In all the stories I have read I never even for second think they should try it again. This is a first for me, really well written.

PearDrop3PearDrop3almost 7 years ago
5 Stars

....and I'd give more if I could. Thank you so much for an excellent story. You are indeed a good writer.

grau_geistgrau_geistalmost 7 years ago
Great story

While the subject matter is a problem, this writer weaves a great tale even if it wasn't erotic. Haven't read anything of his I didn't like!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
good story ... till the end

the inconcievable undeserved outlandish forced reconciliation absolutely destroyed what would have been a great story .

damn shame . 2*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Excellent!

mower9527mower9527almost 7 years ago
above average

good story, dialogue was a little stilted but didn't distract to any significant degree. thanks for writing and I look forward to reading more of your work. additionally, I have seen reconciliation "live and in person" after a similar situation so it was believable from that standpoint.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Excellent !!!!!!!

I know it sounds corny but I like a happy story.

Don't care if it's sappy.

You and DreamCloud are 2 of my favorite authors now. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Saccharin sweet

Did I mention how much I enjoy saccharine? 5 stars. JPR

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Stay away from molesting children

Your writing stepped in so many shit pies dealing with child molestation it was imbarassing to read. Truly regrettable story. Your next story should be an apology to the readers

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
DetroitCuckCity was right

excellent

AhazuraAhazuraover 6 years ago
second time reading

read this again and I was shocked that I didn't leave feedback. One of my all time favorite stories from one of the top writers on the site. Thanks so much for sharing!

Ahaz

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

I can not understand how this is a happy ending! I agree with the previous commentor that it is as if the wife was being rewarded for her wrongdoing..

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

I can not understand how this is a happy ending! I agree with the previous comment that it is as if the wife was being rewarded for her wrongdoing..

bgl35bgl35over 6 years ago
Great

Please don't listen to any bad comments and write more .I thought it was a great story and ended good. You have a talent for writing. Thanks

Dream_WalkerDream_Walkerover 6 years ago
A brilliant story

Thank you for far a brilliant read will definitively read this again, and ignore the people who arent happy till the wive is abused or killed and almost never leave their name

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 6 years ago
Not sure some things weren't a bit downplayed...

Admittedly, Angela was upset with the fact she brought into her home the man who sexually assaulted her daughter... but the story also failed to address the way she'd have felt about the fact that the man abusing her daughter had sex with HER as well...

I'd have expected her to take a scouring pad to her body trying to remove the sense of his touching her...

For Lana, the fact that she holds it together EXCEPT (for the most part) while in therapy seems unlikely....

And Tom not beating that piece of shit ("He kept attacking me") some more seems unlikely too... "Please, feel free to throw me in a cell with him if he presses charges..."

Of course, Tom can STILL think about taking scumball for a walk AFTER he gets out of prison...

lonelypappalonelypappaover 6 years ago
ONE HELL OF A STORY

THATS ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW WHAT A GREAT STORY. YOU ARE A GREAT WRITER....IT WAS A VERY SAD STORY OF LANA BEING ABUSED. A SCUM BAG I HOPE HE GOT WHAT HE DESERVED HE SHOULD OF BEEN IN GENERAL POPULATION HE WOULD OF GOT WHJAT HE DESERVED...AGAIN YOU ARE ONE HELL OF A WRITER..........THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD WORK

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
It would be perfect if Tom had sex the with other women

I don't like only that woman has while he didn't yuck but the story was excellent

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Well done! The children are usually an afterthought. A clear 5. G.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A nice effort, with a happy ending. But the wife needs a LOT more therapy, and time.

What ever happened to personal responsibility, and normal human instinct? Evil is real, tangible, and can be sensed, unless you have totally dulled your wits. Tom and Angela's father sensed Dayton's evil. For Angela to not only not sense Dayton's evil, but actually convince herself that she loved him, to justify fucking him, that illustrates a really incompetent intellect and dysfunctional character. Angela is incompetent to be a wife and mother not because she is immoral or unethical, but because she is emotionally immature and functionally stupid. Her husband didn't give her what she wanted, so she turned into Bitchula, then a pedophile's stooge whore. Tom should stay in her life only to protect his daughter from this moron. Once the daughter is up and gone, Tom should consider his own exit strategy.

If he remarries her Tom deserves whatever comes from that decision. We would all hope it will end well. An intelligent investor would hedge his bets.

Thanks for a competent illustration of what happens when stupid people do stupid things. The only real drama and surprise was that Tom bought into the shared blame theory, then bought into the rehabilitated nincompoop wife. Probably not, but that's a sequel for a more realistic and honest author to write.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What a crappy story plot!

Tom divorces Angela because she has been treating him like crap for the last two years and has cut him off from sex. Angela doesn't understand why Tom divorced her. Angela moves her boyfriend into her house during the divorce because she had sexual needs. She starts screwing the boyfriend while she is still married to Tom. Well why didn't she go to Tom to relieve those sex needs instead of cutting him off. Just because Tom didn't let her join his business us no reason to cut him off from sex! The entire story plot about the basis for getting a divorce is bullshit!

grriz1grriz1over 6 years ago
I liked it.

Yes, there were some areas that could have been expounded upon. However, this is a short story not a book. I thought you did well.

cloacascloacasover 6 years ago
But it is her fault

She brought the viper into the nest. I learned that from Dr. Drew: the parent who brings the viper into the nest is at fault. There’s no way around that. That the ex-husband immediately sees his ex as another victim is not how it really works. She needs significant therapy. She should not have custody because she not only brought the viper into the nest but made herself absurdly blind to what was happening with the person who depended on her for protection. Forgiveness is an option but not so cheaply earned as in this story. The reality is she not only screwed up but that her screwing up couldn’t be as stunningly stupid as being jealous of an assistant: you don’t miss what she missed without having deeper problems.

Myhands316Myhands316over 6 years ago
10 years later...

And this story still strikes a cord... That is the test of timelessness. Oh, and other commentator's, unless you've lived it, do not cast stones! Here is how it works in the Real World. Some asshat molests children, he is a predator, predators are good at it or they are dead predators. They know exactly what to do and how to do it. The asshat that molested my kids, had keys to three of the kid's families homes, because he was so trusted in the neighborhood. He was the FRIENDLY guy on the corner. He had most of the parents on HIS side when the allegations started coming out. UNTIL I took what my daughter said seriously and pressed charges. And then, to give the police time to make their case, since 21 kids coming forward and saying shit doesn't mean he did it. He stayed free. He still had access to kids to molest, even his own daughter, who they claimed was just crazy in court. They finally had to put asshat in protective custody after they received a call from an ex-military sniper, stating his life was in danger and that I would gladly go to jail to protect these kids! Only then did they arrest him, and only because they knew I meant it. That is how the REAL world works!

timrivtimrivabout 6 years ago

Hallmark movie of the week. Great work, nice ending. Keep it up. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
mind of the reader

The comments on this story confirm all things are relative. In this case, that phrase refers to the mind of the individual reader.

This story is rated as author's third best. The score far exceeds 99 per cent of stories on this site.

To this reader's mind the submitter of this work is avery talented author, writer, wordsmith, etc.

I recall being told ''Crime and Punishment'' was written by a genius - Dostoevsky...On three separate occasions, decades apart, I attempted to wade through that book...never made it past page 150 no matter how many stimulants I ingested.

Lsd comments that Rocky Marciano is not seriously considered greatest heavyweight boxer. Maybe not by him. In late 1990s, a computer generated tournament was held. Championship match was ali and Rocky. Ali was ahead on points until Rocky's 6 inch punch flattened him.

Those who champion ali as best should objectively view his three fights with Ken Norton. No honest boxing expert will deny Norton destroyed ali in those matches.

My take on lsd's statements about Rocky is he insults laptopwriter by insinuating this work is plodding

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 6 years ago
@ 'mind of reader ' anon

It's only natural we have different opinions on common works of fiction. We might have a bit more in common if you ever complete ' Crime and Punishment ' . I've read it twice myself. By the way Ali heard about the computer simulation where Marciano beat the virtual " Louisville Lip ". His comment was the machine must have made in Alabama.

That's the human condition as I know it in nutshell. Our current positions are largely subject to to our past origins. To be honest , I failed to complete C&P the first couple attempts . Then bought " The Book of Great Books " which explains the big ideas of top 100 novels of fiction. It helped. But I don't necessarily recommend it to you .

Dostoy said " to go wrong in one's own way is sometimes better then to go right in someone else's". But you might already know that .... if it appeared before you gave up the aforementioned novel.

Have a nice day sir.

ErotFanErotFanabout 6 years ago
Hard to downrate this story.

Here was a narrated tale with dialog and he pulled it off quite well. Ok, so it was a reconciliation, the characters played out their parts a little too well and the psychologists were minor miracle workers. That's OK. It was supposed to be.

OK there were a couple of spots where the editor missed typos in tense or corrected a sentence without eliminating ALL the old wording.

OK! OF! Give it a 4.97 stars!

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherabout 6 years ago
A tad long and slow in some spots, but................

FUCKING AWESOME.

It's a nice change to read a story on here that has a truly happy ending without any of the perversion I have somewhat come to love about this site. Maybe it was the fact there was no cheating or anything like that. Just normal problems ANY OF US could easily go thru in a Marriage. I can tell you did a lot of thinking regarding this when you wrote it. This is easily in the top 3 stories ( and one of the easiest "5"s I have given, actually out of hundreds of stories this is just the 5th one I have rated a "5"), I have read on this site despite the lack of sex. And that's ok because not all the stories need to be sex-laden to enjoy them.

If I had some better movie-making equipment and more experience than just some smut laden short Porn movies I have made (no, I'm not one of the actors, I just bankroll, shoot, direct, produce, write the screenplay, get coffee and everything else lol), I would suggest we lengthen this story, write a screenplay for it and turn it into a movie. Granted it probably wouldn't be a Theatrical Release ( but then again, who knows), but I bet one of the Ovary Channels (We, Lifetime, Hallmark, etc), would be interested in it.

In case your wondering why I don't "Act" in any of my Porn movies, I am kind of doing it behind my wife's back as she would not really approve of it. She is super straight-laced and won't even do Oral, me OR ON HER. Being that we have been married for 23 years and I still love her a lot, I could never bring myself to cheat on her, like she couldn't on me. Whenever I "hire" a new actress they are extremely surprised I don't "Test them out" myself. I also won't hire any that are cheating on their spouses to do it. I have even hired a couple of "Husband and Wife" teams to do the sex parts. Believe me when I tell you that is really hard to do sometimes because they are usually pretty "Set" in their ways regarding sex and what they do and how they do it lol.

Anyways, I digress. Nice job with this story, I loved it and it made me ride a rollercoaster of emotions reading it. I tried to skip ahead some but then always ended up going back to read what I missed lol.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
One of the absolute best ever!!

Thanks for a wonderful story. 5+*

BetterEndingBetterEndingabout 6 years ago
Fantastic

Excellent story! Thanks for writing. More please...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

This only gets better with time. Still an excellent read.

BillandKateBillandKatealmost 6 years ago
Well Written

A great 5 star story. Tough subject, well handled. Thanks for writing an excellent tale about believable characters.

penneydog55penneydog55almost 6 years ago
It

Sends a cold shiver down Me! ... There are in Real Life twisted sick Bastards "Paedophile or Pedophile"...In My opinion...Shoot the Bastards Right Between the Eyes and/ or Do it Again To Make Sure Their Deader Than Dead !!!!!!!!!!! That's what I'd do !.....Will I feel Guilty "NEVER" .....Story is Fantastic★★★★★ WOOF!

johnadpjohnadpalmost 6 years ago
Author Got Sentencing Guidelines Wrong

It's true when it's statutory rape it's 3-5 years. But this wasn't statutory rape. Statutory rape is when the girl is underage and consents to sex with an adult male that is more than 3 years older than her. In this case it was simply rape with a minor. In rape cases between adults the sentencing guidelines are 4,6 and 8 years. Six is normal, 8 if it's aggravated, and 4 if the rape was less bad than "normal" or if there were extenuating circumstances. But rape with a minor over 14 years old the sentencing guideline is 7 to 11 years.

Also, in the case of rape these numbers go up if the rape is repeated. And btw, repeated rape is not he raped her on Tuesday and then raped her again on Thursday. If his penis goes outside the vagina and then re-enters her again, that's a second offense.

So the piece of shit in this story would be going away for much much longer than the story says. Btw, I'm writing this when the ADA talks about the sentencing guidelines with Tom and Angie, so not sure what happens after. Will continue reading the story.

And btw, sexual assault sentences in the more liberal states are actually a lot longer (I live in California) than the red states. In fact, in California those committed of sex crimes have to serve at least 85% of their sentence before they are eligible for parole. For murder it is 70%. Our women's lobby is a lot stronger here obviously. And I'm just fine with that to put the sexual predators away.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 6 years ago
Guenevere Is Nicknamed The Betrayer

One can argue that Tom was not a history or literature aficionado (so for the author's benefit), but Guenevere is not what you want to lovingly call your wife. She was known as the Betrayer as she was cheating on King Arthur with Sir Lancelot. The funny thing is that I'm a fairly well read guy, but I actually came across this knowledge from a stripper who called herself Guenevere. When she told me her stripper name I asked her does that make me King Arthur then? She told me she was impressed as almost no one knows who Guenevere was. Anyway, apparently she was an English Lit major and she went on to tell me that Guenevere was known as the Betrayer as she had cheated on King Arthur with Sir Lancelot. Funnily, I knew that but I never thought of her that way since I read that story when I was fairly young and it was potrayed as the romance between the two. I wonder if besides being the best fighter in the realm, if he also had the biggest cock in the realm. I don't remember that being mentioned in the story I read.

What surprised me most is that I had previously believed that all English Lit majors became barristas at Starbucks. Who knew some of them actually became strippers as well. Live and learn!

firemanlitfiremanlitalmost 6 years ago

"It sends a cold shiver down Me! ... There are in Real Life twisted sick Bastards "Paedophile or Pedophile"...In My opinion...Shoot the Bastards Right Between the Eyes and/ or Do it Again To Make Sure Their Deader Than Dead !!!!!!!!!!! That's what I'd do !.....Will I feel Guilty "NEVER" .....Story is Fantastic★★★★★ WOOF!"

I disagree with the above post. Give the pervert a choice, a rusty knife and they remove their gonads or Dad does the deed.

ilimitadoilimitadoalmost 6 years ago
Well Done!

Good story. Well done. Not sure if I say as criticism or complement, but you revealed the ending all along in the story. Nice. I liked it as I have many of your other stories.

5*

ranec1ranec1almost 6 years ago
Mean As!!

Chur bro awesome story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
A Very Good Story

The pedophile got what he had coming and the family reconciled and came back together. Nice. Although, maybe the pedophile could have had a little up close and personal “come to Jesus” experience.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderheralmost 6 years ago
Is Pedophilia gaining some acceptance in our Society today?

It certainly seems a segment of the "Left" wants it to happen. I am NOT one of them.

However, I don't believe Pedophiles should be put in Prison.

Instead.................

Put them in a room with me for 15 minutes, if at the end of that time, they can walk out, well, then they should be allowed to go free. Being that I am 6'7", 265lbs of nearly all muscle who was never in any Special Forces but did train with them on a regular basis during 3 Tours in Iraq and 1 in Afghan, not to mention I am perennially pissed off at people in general, I don't see too many of them being able to walk out of that room. In fact, being there are several points along the spine that are very susceptible to serious damage that can cause varying degrees of paralysis, I don't think any of them would ever walk again.

We won't even discuss the damage that would occur to their genitalia region as that is pretty much a given. If it didn't need to be amputated, it would surely never function for urination or sexual activities ever again. Death is too good for those people, but living a life of not being able to have sex, pissing all over themselves, and essentially living a tortured life in a useless shell of a body seems much more fitting.

Am I a Badass? Maybe a little bit, but I take much more pride in being an Asshole in situations like that. Being that I have a Ph.D., I prefer the name, Doctor Asshole LOL.

shadowjack17shadowjack17almost 6 years ago
That had to be difficult to write

Sounds like you or someone you love a lot had the experiences. Well written and crafted, too. Thanks for getting something unpopular out in the open. I'd say no one knows how they will react to a wrenching experience until it happens to them.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 6 years ago
well written BS

I'm sorry for all you bleeding hearts, but there's no way in hell he should've taken her back. She's damaged goods, and doing it just for the child is wrong also. Why was it only HIS sacrifice to make. The wife should've taken herself out of the picture. Everything that took place was caused by her. She cheated, she brought the sicko into the house and she made excuses for him and you honestly think he should remarry that......

MaxxxstylesMaxxxstylesover 5 years ago
One of the Best Stories I’ve read on this site

Wow!!! A very well written story. This is actually my second time reading it. It seemed better the second time than the first. This story seemed so real and down to earth. It took courage to write about something (pedophileia) that is a big problem in our society. Great Story!

MaxxxstylesMaxxxstylesover 5 years ago
I can’t stay silent on this.

There are a lot of comments on the disapproval of the reconciliation. Some even think that the reconciliation lessened the story’s value. I TOTALLY DISAGREE. I think the reconciliation added value to the story.

Really look at the reason for the divorce: they argued a lot! That is a flimsy excuse for a divorce! It was maid plain that neither of them cheated.

There are only two reasons biblically that a spouse can leave a marriage:

1) in cases of adultry or sexual immorality

2) if one spouse is a believer and one spouse is not and the NON believer decided to leave the marriage

This break up satisfies neither of these criteria. The only problem they had was communication which is totally fixable.

A lot of people blame the wife for the break up and the situation concerning the daughter’s assault and that she shouldn’t be given another chance.

I agree that she is partially to blame, however, the husband is the head of the home and as the leader, sets the climate for his home. The husband quit, blind sided the wife by filing for divorce, something she didn’t want that devastated her, without exploring all avenues to fix the marriage. His actions were the catalyst for everything that happened after that. A period of counseling could have prevented all of their trials and tribulations. The wife was devistated and vulnerable. It’s easy to take advantage of someone in that state. The husband set her up for it.

True love doesn’t die easily off of miscommunication alone. When it was all said and done, they still loved each other and gained understanding after they fixed their communication issues. They did the riight thing by reconciling. All of the factors were in their favor by reconciling.

1) their lives were better with each other than without (the molestation proves that)

2) their love for each other never left

3) based on the factors above, the daughters healing would greatly benefit from their reconciliation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
So

She cheats on him, gets his daughter raped and her takes her back?

Mauser45Mauser45over 5 years ago
No, Maxxxstyles, it did NOT

No everyone does religion, so don't go spouting that shit. She left him and hooked up with a pedophile. Unintentionally, but it happened. The fact that she left him in the first plae was a big enough emotional hurdle to overcome, now imagine him finding out that her new beau was abusing his daughter?

Bullshit

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 5 years ago
Very good storyline

I liked the concept, and the character interactions. Dayton had a couple of years to consider how to get close to Lana; Tom really didn’t have a great read on the kind of person Dayton was, Tom was jealous and looking to discredit him; Angie really had no reason to suspect Dayton’s actions. What happened to Lana was NOT the parents’ fault. From that angle, I have no issue with the reconciliation.

My only suggestion is that the root causes of their marital failure came too quickly after beginning therapy. That should have taken more sessions, considering how bitter both were at the start of the story. The same applies to how quickly they caught Dayton after beginning Lana’s therapy - I’d expect a little longer before an incriminating text popped up on the cloned phone. Finally... how is it that Dayton never raised Tom’s phone cloning crime while awaiting trial?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Fantastic read

Really great story, had me in tears a couple of times.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A Very Good Story

I enjoyed this story very much. I didn’t necessarily agree with everything some of the characters did, but I liked the story. Dayton, for instance. Had I been Tom, once I was sure that he, Dayton, was sexually molesting my daughter, I don’t think a dozen cops could have stopped me from killing the SOB. And I commend the author for the way he danced through the minefield of writing about child molestation and sexual abuse. Because if you don’t get THAT right, you’re going to get slammed, castigated, shunned, etc. by the readers of the story. And if you get too far off base with it there’s even the possibility of criminal prosecution. So “Kudos” to ‘laptopwriter’ for getting it right, and for a damn good story.

chaoddicchaoddicover 5 years ago
Favorite

Probably my favorite story here. Very well done.

jneric2691jneric2691over 5 years ago
It's hard to come up with the right words!

That was truly an amazing story. I couldn't stop reading!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wow!!

It was a pleasure to read. Had me crying.. love it!

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 5 years ago
More cliche

I knew from the page #1 who is the abuser. The typical stuff from Laptopwriter, not much of a plot but a lengthy writing. One thing also typical for him is the weak motivation ideas. No character development for Dayton at all, he is just a bad guy like an insect. The school "principle" knew immediately the girl is exhibiting "classic signs of sexual abuse" whatever that means, no explanation. Detective (Big) Lebowski becomes Lobowski, there is a Zarkowski too, I was just expecting somewhere on the way Flash Gordon as well.

The whole plot resolved on the page #5 but the chewing gum of a story goes on another 4 pages of completely predictable ending. I don't understand people giving high grades to this but I guess this is the same stuff that sells big time under "romantic novels" crap. 2 stars for mild entertainment value but nothing more than that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
dark2donut2

You're fucking retarded. If you're so hard to impress, don't even USE the internet for casual reading. Stick to books like War and Peace or The Great Gatsby, which I'm sure you'll only find mediocre.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Shut the fuck up, "cumming inside her". You absolute retard.

No. You're not a 6'7 special forces badass who fucks multiple women daily. Everyone sees through your cringy LARPing. Fuck off.

And enough with the "left wants to normalise pedophilia". Quit watching infowars and get your bald head out of your disease ridden ass. Need I remind you it was left leaning journalists who first exposed the filth that exists inside the catholic Church. We don't want to normalise pedos , we expose them , you fucking troglodyte.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
"Okay, doctor, how do we get her to see this wasn't her fault?"

But it was her fault.

She drove her husband away, she cheated on him, she invited a predator in, she attacked her ex for telling her the truth

All of it every step of the way was her fault - fuck her and her happiness

Ocker51Ocker51about 5 years ago
Excellent

Simply a great story, believable ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
How could I not....

Rate this as anything other than :

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Truly a home run.

LonesomeBoy60LonesomeBoy60about 5 years ago
Excellent!

I'm not crying, I have allergies, and they make my eyes water, I give it the rare 5-stars. Pay NO attention to the anonymous clowns, they suck anyway.

stillaonewomanmstillaonewomanmabout 5 years ago
Child abuse....

I am a survivor. Getting ready to sue for damages. Truly hard for me to read. But e excellent as always. Laptopwriter wrote this with compassion. Thank you. A huge home run.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

OMG what a great story Thank You 8Q8c

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Excellent story.

This was really a top notch story. Unlike certain commenters here, I don’t mind a RAAC story if the characters and plot support it. That was the case here. Neither spouse was “without sin” in terms of the marriage failing the first time. But they found a common cause that they could fight together and that led to a credible reconciliation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Excellent!!!!

Excellent!!!!

ctdansctdansabout 5 years ago
i couldn't do it

great story and nice read but personally i couldn't get over the fact how fast she connected with dayton and moved him in and since the sex was there she forever would be damaged goods. Would I love her? sure. Could I get intimate and be involve again? No. Just me being insecure and honest.

WordcraftWordcraftabout 5 years ago
AS ALWAYS THERE IS . . .

TWO sides to every confrontation. The mark of every great marriage is listening more than you speak. Reading between the lines is a mandatory skill. Been there done that. Another very good read LTW!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Extremely well done

I disagree with commentators who argue that fiction justifies stupid plots. This was a fictional story that mirrors closely how such an event might develop in reality. Oh, the reconciliation was a bit idealized, but overall it was an excellent read. (By the way, it's "calloused", with a "u".)

sirelcsirelcalmost 5 years ago
Rough story on emotions

Child molestation is a horrid thing.

That said this is a powerful story with an emotional roller-coaster

Child molesters are the lowest form of life. The story is very good on the topic. The parents both could use a clue-by-four to the back of their heads. They both have some responsibility for the mess. Although the lion's share definitely belongs to the scumbag. I believe the mother had a lot more blame than she got tough. You DO NOT move a strange man into the house of an child, male or female, without checking them closely for a long time.

I enjoy that the story was very little about him in the end. It could have gone the revenge direction. That would have left the girl all the poorer for missing out on her dad.

wanderer63wanderer63almost 5 years ago
Nice Mom and Wife

I can truly see how she couldn't forgive herself for bringing a predator into her house, destroying a family. I can't see a happy ending for this story, too many scars. Husband fucked over, Daughter literally fucked over, Wife literally fucked over. The Devil himself was the only one that had a happy ending. How the heck in the final sentence did their love grow deeper. Who took responsibility for the whole mess. Who's actions brought the predator into the family. Who's actions kicked Tom out of the family. If that's love, you can have it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
what a cluster fuck

great story! but what an utter disaster.

so many scars. they'll haunt that poor family for decades to come. it's cute when you call it sexual molestation. but it was rape. forcibly removing someone's dignity and autonomy. what's worse is having to live in the same house as your rapist. the parents will always blame themselves for it, more so the wife. she got played.

the problem that led to the breakup was very believable too. feeling slighted makes for a very shitty living condition. if it festers long enough, both parties will suspect the other of cheating. it's logical. Communication for them died somewhere along their marriage. They still worked at the marriage though. That's why communication gets it's own category. That's how stupidly important it is.

meucimeucialmost 5 years ago
Good read

This is a very well written and powerful story. I hated it and then I loved it obviously child molestation is a terrible subject. The problem is it happens way more than any of us want to admit. I hope that child molestation or rape in this case would carry a much harsher sentence than 3 to 5 years in prison. As far as my feeling on the subject anybody who touches a child or for that matter rapes a woman should never spend another free day in their life. I was a single father myself and I honestly never considered moving another woman into my house. I dated but it would take too much time to build the trust in any woman to move her into my house. I know most people will think that is too extreme of a choice that I made, but I was not just deciding for me any more. That in my opinion is the problem in todays society most people only think of themselves first and their children second. Obviously these quick relationships might work some of the time but as this author approached this they showed just what you risk when you bring a stranger into your childs life. Again I want to say this was a very powerful and well written story! I just wish this subject didn't keep happening while this story is fictional we all know it is somebodys reality. I will shut up now I gave it 5 stars.

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
Sorry Charlie only 5 stars and favorite Loved it miscommunication what a bitch

Hoping for that ending but didn't expect it

Excellent work

Get it done any better and this old Marine will bawl

Thanks needed it

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
The end game

I wish more than any other wish I’ve made before, that the end of my own life story so far, could match the ending of this story as well as it has matched the beginning and middle parts. If only fiction could exist in reality. If only. Now I’m thinking, my own story differs from Toms more than I initially thought. Tom never had a none-molestation order put in place by angie against him. He didn’t have a restraining order either. Actually this story is nothing like my own. But nevertheless, I still enjoyed reading all 9 pages of it.

So thank you ms laptopwriter, being a slow reader it has seen me through the usual hours of boredom between finishing work and preparing for sleep!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

One of my absolute favorites on this site!

RakiuraRakiuraover 4 years ago
Laying blame

Excellent story. Easily the best I have read in Literotica. It’s sad to hear some commentators who have to lay blame on one party in a complex relationship.

Both parties make mistakes as we all do so it becomes easy to blame one party while denying the mistakes of the other. Counselling earlier in this case would have averted bigger problems but I guess that is the moral of this tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Love this writer

Another great story from this writer. A LOT of spelling and word-usage errata but when the story is this satisfying, they bother me much less. 4 stars. Probably an easy 5 if the writer would involve an editor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I Almost Didn't Read This Story

After I read the Author's opening description. I went through almost exactly the same thing nearly forty years ago. My wife left me for a man (?) who it turned out molested his own daughter. To make matters worse she knew it and left our two daughters, both under the age of ten with him at night while she worked. Luckily it came out before anything physical happened as it turned out he was still in the very early stages of grooming them. A close friend of mine was from the Motor City and knew some folks who had hardons for people like this. Seems they were more than willing to make a road trip and pay a visit to our small city. After much soul searching I declined the offer, only for the simple reason if anything went wrong and it could be traced back to me the girls would have lost their father too. After the investigation she lost custody and shortly after lost all unsupervised visitation, then she just quit altogether. As for the story LTW got Tom's feelings, the anger and the out and out rage to kill the motherfucker slowly is 100% accurate. Tom's words to the Detective about how they'd better get the guy before he did were my exact words to the CPS Supervisor when I found out what was going on. I don't think you can understand completely unless you or someone you know intimately has had to deal with this. One daughter went through over $30,000.00 in therapy, knowing how I felt I still couldn't imagine what someone in their positions or Lana's must have felt. The guys from D didn't specialize in straight up death, they were more subtle. Smashed knees, ankles and elbows and the like, in those days there weren't joint replacement surgerys. They just left you walking if at all on crutches or not even being able to feed yourself and that was just for the molester. I never asked what they would do the ex, I needed to be able to sleep sometime. As I'm typing this I find myself wondering if I should have said yes and made sure the three of us were in Chicago for a few days. Thank You LTW, for the fine story even though it brought back some painful memories. Hope it helps someone out there realize something good can still come out of something so horrendous. I have read and have been told by some folks who know that child molesters are at the very bottom of the food chain in prison, Bubba is always looking for a new bitch. Signed: BTW

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCycleover 4 years ago
I noted the title was "A Family Torn", not "A Family Torn Apart".

M. Night Shyamalin's fantastic movie, A Sixth Sense, was incredible, in the closing scenes, with the big reveal. I know it didn't get everyone, but it got me.

Not so with this story. The outcome was telegraphed throughout. This one was never going to rival any whodunit... there wasn't anything about the plot that wasn't expected, almost immediately when I started to read.

However, you were so complete in your character development, and their motivations, that you demanded my attention until the very end.

The quality of this story was just... in the telling of the tale. If I know what's coming, usually it robs the story of impact and appeal for me. Not so, this time.

If ever a couple deserved a new beginning, it was these two. Their daughter only stood to benefit from their combined love, and she deserved it.

Thanks for a great read, you made 9 pages slip by so easily.

5 stars.

ghostfire319ghostfire319over 4 years ago
Wrong category

I really think that this should have been listed under romance with a tag for reconciliation. A beautifully written story with such realistic undertones. Excellent job. A few editorial bugs, but overall, 5 stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous