A Game of Basketball Pt. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I wish I could let you play, the team needs you. Honestly, I totally understand why you did what you did. I have brothers of my own. I also understand what you're going through." She places her hand on my shoulder. "When my father past away, it felt like the world was ending. So if you need someone to talk to, I'll be here."

"I appreciate that coach."

"I just wish we could get the team to stop fighting each other. We'd easily win if they'd use the same animosity against their opponent that they display with each other."

"Yeah, I know what you mean."

"Maybe, if someone were to call a players meeting. Maybe something like a lock-in, where you all could hash out your problems, we could all move past this," she suggests.

"That is a good idea. We also have our rival game against Clayton Valley Charter coming up in two weeks. It helps to have a common enemy when you're trying to unite a team."

"It sure does. Well, I think it's time to get the team ready."

I follow coach Brooks into the locker room where everyone's waiting.

Coach goes over the game plan. She tries her best to motivate the team, but I see it in their eyes. They're already defeated.

You have no hope of winning the game on the court when you're losing the battle from within.

I know that more than anyone.

Finn of all people leads the team out. When Finn's the leader we truly are hopeless.

Watching the game from the bench just plain sucks. It's hard to stand by while they bicker with each other. It's not just with Nicole. Finn's yelling at Jason. Jeremy's arguing with Austin. No one's passing the ball to Nicole. It's a straight up circus out there.

It's not surprising to see us trailing by 15 points at the half time.

In the locker room at half time, they're all arguing with each other. It's just a shit show.

By the end of the game, they lost by almost 40 points.

Only two more games...

Even if and when I come back, we'll never hope to win if they continue to fight and bicker like children.

I wait up for Nicole, she looks frustrated as she comes out of the gym. "Cheer up. It wasn't your fault we lost," I tell her.

"It doesn't really make me feel any better."

"I know... There's not a lot that will make you feel better after a loss like that."

"Hey, honey." I look up to see Kev... Nicole's mother walks up to us. Her brown hair is cut into a short dixy cut. She looks as beautiful as ever. Poised to kill. Always professional and courteous.

"Hi, Mrs. Will... Ah..." I totally forgot she doesn't go by Williams ever since the divorce.

"Dave, I've known you since you were a kid. It's safe to say you can call me Elizabeth. Or Liz for short. But for your information, it's Easley now."

"Okay, Mrs. Easley, thank you for letting me know."

She smiles. "Some things never change. You've always been so polite and respectful, even as a boy. It's good to see you, Dave. I'm glad you and Nicole are back together."

"Thanks, Mrs. Easley."

"I'm sorry to hear about your brother and... " Her eyes narrow. "Your dad... If there's anything you need to hesitate to ask."

I can understand how she feels about my dad after what happened with her daughter, Nicole's sister Eliza. It's only natural to dislike the man who knocked up your daughter, especially when he's old enough to be her dad.

"Even though your dad and I didn't see eye to eye. He's still your dad and it's never easy to lose a father," she says.

"Hi, Elizabeth," my mom says as she walks up.

"Hi, Abby. How are you holding up?"

She takes in a breath of air and slowly releases it. "I'm hanging in there."

My mom puts on a strong front, but I know deep down she's struggling. I know like me, she blames herself for Zach's death.

There were so many things we could have done differently that would have changed the outcome. You'd go crazy just thinking about it.

"Well, I should get going," Elizabeth says, she turns to Nicole. "Are you coming home tonight?"

Nicole looks over at me before turning back to her mother. "Yeah, I'm coming home after this."

"Okay, I'll see you there." She turns to us. "You both have a good night. If you need anything, and I mean anything, please don't hesitate to ask."

"Thank you, Liz. We appreciate that."

Liz gives her daughter a quick peck on the cheek before leaving.

My mother looks at me. "Honey, Emily has invited me out to dinner. I don't have to go if you want me to stay home. We can easily just put on a movie and stay in."

"Mom, it's okay. Go out with Emily and have a good time. You need it. Tomorrow we'll watch a movie."

"Okay, if you're sure, I'll be home later tonight." Out of the corner of my eye, I see Emily walk up.

"You two have a good time," I tell them.

My mom pulls me into a hug and gives me a kiss on my forehead. "I love you."

"I love you too, mom."

I turn to Emily. "Make so you get this young lady home by no later than 10 PM."

She laughs. "Yes, sir!"

She gives me a wink before they take off.

"What was that all about?" she asks.

"Emily's going to ask my mom to move in."

"Really!? So this means you're going to have two moms?"

"I guess so."

I pull her close and she buries her face in my chest.

After a moment of taking each other in. I pull her chin up to me and press my lips against hers. Her hand slinks down to my hip as my fingers trace circles around her cheek. After a moment of connection, we finally break apart. She looks up at me with those beautiful eyes full of life.

"I guess, I should get going," she says.

"Yeah, I'll walk you out."

"I'd love that," she says. I offer her my hand and she locks her fingers between mine. We make our way out to the parking lot.

I pull her into another kiss once we reach her car. "I wish you were going to the dance."

"I'm so sorry, I wish I could be there with you, but my mom really needs me right now." Deep down I know that isn't the whole truth. I just... I feel so guilty. I shouldn't be going to a dance. I shouldn't be happy at all right now. My brother's dead. He'll never be able to go to another dance or feel happy ever again.

Why should I feel happy when I've lost him? It doesn't feel right.

She wraps her arms around me and presses her head against my chest. "Don't lose yourself in the pain," she whispers to me.

I kiss her head as I embrace her. "I love you, Nicole."

She looks up at me with those verdant eyes. "I love you too, Dave. I guess I'll see you on Sunday?"

"Yeah, totally. Just text me."

We kiss one last time before she leaves.

At home

After I get home, I grab a bite to eat and head straight to bed.

The next morning, mom's in the kitchen cooking breakfast. "So? How was dinner?" I ask.

"It was wonderful, it really was."

"And?"

She looks up at me from the griddle. "Dave, Emily asked if we could move in together. I wanted to ask what you think about it."

"Mom, I think it's a great idea. She seems to make you really happy, which makes me happy."

She looks at me before a smile slowly appears on her face. "I'm so glad you're okay with it."

"She asked me the other day about how I would feel if she asked you about moving in."

"She did? How thoughtful of her." She looks down at the griddle as the biggest smile appears on her face.

I love seeing her like this.

After we have breakfast, I go out for a run. Then I spend most of the day trying to catch up on all of the homework I've accrued from missing class.

My mom knocks on the door, telling me dinner's ready.

"I've invited Emily over, I hope you don't mind. I know you wanted to spend tonight just between the two of us."

"Mom, that's totally fine. She's going to be living with us. Might as well get used to it now."

She gives me a smile before walking out.

Emily's sitting at the table after they have finished dishing up everyone's plate. "Hey, Dave. I'm surprised you're not at the dance."

"I didn't know the dance was tonight," my mother says. As we dig in.

"Yeah, I just didn't feel ready."

"That's okay, sweetie. I completely understand. Did Nicole end up going?"

"Yeah, I wanted her to still go and have fun."

"She probably won't have as much fun without you," Emily says.

"I know. I wish I could go. I just... I don't know," I sigh.

"You feel like you shouldn't feel happiness because of your dad and Zach?" my mom asks.

"Yeah... How..."

"Dave, I'm your mother and I feel the same way. Losing Zach was devastating. And moving on from that loss is going to be hard. Feeling guilty about being happy without Zach here is only natural. But Zach wouldn't want you to miss out on the joys that life brings to us."

"Honey, go to the dance. Be with Nicole. It's what Zach would have wanted. It's your responsibility to live the life Zach can no longer have."

Just then my phone goes off. I got a text from Anna. She sent me a picture of Nicole sitting by herself on the bleachers at the dance. She looks beautiful. Her text reads, 'Your girl is missing you right now... Why aren't you here? Also, Finn is a giant asshole!'

"Go to the dance, honey," my mom says.

I nod and rush to my room, grabbing whatever I can to form a moderately acceptable form of formal wear. I quickly brush my teeth and run out the door after I thank my mother and Emily.

--

I drive my moped as fast as it'll go on my way to school.

As I rush inside, my mind is racing on what I'll say to her.

Just then, an idea flashes through my mind. I know exactly what to do. Walking into the dance, I pay for a ticket and make my way to the DJ. I spot her sitting by herself. She looks as if she's on the verge of tears. I can't stand seeing her like this. How could I be so stupid? How could I ever hurt her?

I request a song that I know will touch her heart. As the current song comes to an end, I watch Nicole as she gets up and is about to leave right before the song White Flag by The Blades starts to play.

She turns around and her eyes dart around the gym until they fall onto mine. Her jaw drops as I make my way over to her. I hold out my hand to her. "May I have this dance?"

She doesn't say a word, just nods and takes my hand.

I lead her out to the dance floor and she places her hands on my shoulders as I wrap my arms around her waist. "You're so beautiful."

Even in the dark, I can see her cheeks turn a rosy pink. Her sleeveless black dress fits her body perfectly as it comes down just past the middle of her thigh. And of course, she's wearing converse with it. "I can't believe you came! Why?"

"Because, Nicole, we're only human. Who knows how many sunsets we have left. I don't want to ruin my life by spending another moment without you."

I clear my throat and lean in close to her ear and whisper, "Nicole, you're not just my best friend. I'm in love with you."

I lip sync as the lead singer starts the chorus. 'I wave my white flag and completely surrender myself to you.'

A single tear falls from her gorgeous eyes as she pulls me down to her and presses her lips against mine. I pull her tightly against me, I never want this moment to end.

We danced for a while, lost in each other. Our bodies flowed with the ebb of the beat. We were in sync with each other. Moving as one.

---

As the night carried on, I eventually grabbed her hand and lead her out of there. As we made our way to the parking lot, she looks up at me with curiosity.

"You know, we have a score to settle."

That beautiful face of hers is once again lit up with an intoxicating smile. "Is that so?"

"Yeah, I'm still determined to win."

"You can definitely try, but going up against will only end in defeat."

"Bring it on!" I laugh. "There's a basketball court by my house, why don't we go change and meet up there."

"Ha, the funny thing is that I don't have a car... I rode here with Anna and Jess."

"You can ride with me on my moped, I guess."

"Can we just go to your house and I'll just wear your clothes?"

"Yeah, I can't lie, I do like the idea of you wearing my clothes."

She smiles. "Me too."

I give Nicole the helmet and she gets on behind me and wraps her arms around my stomach. I can feel her head against my back. I start her up, my moped is a she if you were wondering. Edna. That's her name. It doesn't take us long to get to my house. My mom and Emily are sitting on the couch watching a movie.

"Hey, oh my. You look so adorable, Nicole!" My mom says, getting up. She pulls her into a hug. "You are so beautiful."

"Thanks, Ms. Graceson."

"I can't argue, you look drop dead gorgeous in that dress!" Emily says.

"Thank you, Ms. Crandell."

"Well, we're going to go down to the basketball court for a little bit," I tell them. "After we get changed of course."

"Okay sweetie," my mom says.

"Surprised you two aren't going to some party or something," Emily says.

"Well, we have a score to settle," Nicole says as she smirks at me.

"To each, their own I guess," Emily says.

I grab Nicole's hand and lead her into my room. As soon as the door shuts I push her up against it and kiss her. My thumb strokes her soft cheek as my tongue twirls around hers. She traces her fingers up my arm, sending tingles down my spine. "God, I just want to love you for the rest of my life," I whisper to her.

"That sounds perfect to me," she moans as she looks up to me with blue eyes this time. How did I notice them at the dance?

"Now, let's change into something more comfortable," I say as I start pulling off my tie and button up shirt.

Nicole turns around. "Mind unzipping me?"

"Yeah, it'd be my pleasure." My fingers trace the muscles of her exposed shoulder blade as my other hand pulls down the zipper to her dress. She gives me the turn around sign.

"What? It's not like I've never seen you naked before."

"Huh, you're right. It's just... This was the first time I've worn a dress in front of anyone. Anna and Jess helped me pick it out. I wanted to look beautiful for you. This was long before the Santa Barbara drama and the... Well, when things were much simpler."

"You are beautiful."

She runs her hand up her other arm in a nervous manner. "Most of the time I don't feel that way. Finn really got to me before you showed up. He's such an asshole."

"What did he do?"

"Just the typical Finn shit... It doesn't matter. You have no idea how glad I am that you came."

I take her face in my hands and press my lips against hers. My hands trace down her body and I slowly pull down her dress, revealing her magnificent body. It's a work of art.

She instinctively tries to cover up her chest, but I pull her hands away. "You are so beautiful. Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise."

She looks up at me with teary eyes that truly make them look like the ocean. With my thumb, I slowly wipe them away. She leans into my hand and presses her lips against it as her hand traces the back of mine.

My fingers trace that delicate chin of hers and I pull her eyes up to mine. "From now on, you are mine and I am yours."

Once again those luscious lips are against mine. My fingers run down her back as she places her hands on my hips.

After we break apart, I look into those beautiful sapphire eyes. "Now, let's get dress and go down to the court so I can finally beat you."

She laughs so loud it makes me laugh. "You wish."

She walks over to my closet in one hell of a sexy thong I didn't notice before and grabs a pair of shorts and a shirt. I quickly get dress and grab my basketball and we make our way over to the court.

---

The outdoor court is lit up with lights and completely empty.

"Let me get a quick warm up in," I tell her.

I finally feel like I'm getting my groove back after a few shots.

"You can shoot for ball," she says.

I pull up at the three-point line and sink it.

She tosses me the ball and I check to her.

After she checks it back, I pull up catching her totally by surprise. By the time she reacts, the balls left my hands and drops in the basket.

"So that's how it's going to be?" she laughs as she tosses me back the ball.

"Yep, 2 to 0." I check her the ball, this time she D's up before passing it back.

After a few pump fakes, I drive it to the right, quickly spin back to the left and step back creating space between us for a quick pull up.

Nothing but net.

"3 to 0."

"Feels like you haven't missed a beat." She tosses me back the ball.

"I've just never been this motivated to win," I laugh, checking it in.

After she passes me the ball back, I dash into the lane and power it to the basket for a layup, but she picks my pocket before I can get it off.

"Don't think it's going to be that easy," she laughs as she moves her index finger back and forth to gesture it's not going to happen.

I give her a big ole Dave smile. I see a blush appear on her face, but she crosses me over and drives it to the basket. As I'm about to block the ball, she switches hands and brings it up on the opposite side of the basket, bouncing it off the backboard and in.

"Okay, nice move. I see how it is," I tease her, tossing her back the rebound.

She checks it in. Once the ball lands in her fingers, she drives it to the left, before crossing it over and spinning back to the left. She steps back, giving her enough space to pull up and bank it off the backboard into the net.

"Banks open," she says as I grab the rebound and pass it to her.

"Make that 2 to 3," she says, checking it back to me. After I pass it back, she pulls up, but I'm ready this time. I get a finger on it and hustle over for the rebound.

Once I take it back, I stutter step acting like I'm going to cross over before driving it passed her and taking it in for the easy layup.

"What was the score again?" I ask jokingly.

"Just you wait, once I get the ball back, I'm not going to give you another chance."

"You mean if you get the ball back. I don't intend to turn it over."

She gives me a wide smile. "It doesn't matter what you intend, all that matters is what will happen. And the only thing that's going to happen is me winning."

I pump fake after I check the ball in. This sends her flying in the air trying to block my fake shot as I dribble past her for an easy layup. "What were you saying about winning?"

"The game isn't over yet," she says passing me the ball. This time she gets up close and personal, placing her hand on my hip and her face only inches away from mine.

Right then and there, I lean in and kiss her. She's so surprised by the gesture, she just gives in. The ball drops from my hands as they wrap around her waist and pull her into me. Her arms journey up my body and wrap around my shoulders. We make out for what feels like hours. Finally, she pulls away. "I'm waving my white flag, you win this game. I just want to surrender to you. My anal virginity is yours."

I pull her in for another kiss. We head back to my house. I pull her into my room and press my lips against hers as my hands slowly pull down her shorts. She kicks them off along with her shoes. I pick her up and bring her to the bed. She looks up at me with those sky blue eyes. "Please be gentle."

"Don't worry, I will take it slow." I pull the shirt over her head revealing her perfectly firm but supple breasts. I bury my face in them as she wraps her hand in my hair. My tongue does circles around her areola as my fingers sink beneath the hem of her thong and slowly pull it off that amazing ass of hers. I slip it off her legs along with her socks. Then I strip myself completely naked. I kiss down her gorgeous caramel legs before flipping her on her stomach. She's bent over my bed, with her knees planted on the ground. There's that ass I've fantasized over for so long.