A Game of Chess Ch. 04 - Conclusion

Story Info
Checkmate?
5.4k words
4.34
11.5k
3

Part 5 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 07/05/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Meera was still high on the rush she got by dominating Armaan. She was curious as to what Armaan did in her bedroom when she was making breakfast.

She played the footage from the hidden camera in the bedroom. She observed that he was trying to search something but hadn't taken anything from her room.

A thought occurred to her and she checked her laptop. She was shocked to find all her precious data erased. She realized that her system had been hacked. She frantically checked her cloud account and her phone but was shocked to find everything erased from her phone and cloud too. She realized that the USB drive Armaan carried perhaps had a malware on it that enabled Neil to hack her system.

She checked the camera footage from last night as she saw Armaan wake up at 4 am and access her phone.

"That bastard!" she muttered to herself. She was overconfident last night and it costed her dearly.

She thought for a moment about the repercussions of her carelessness.

She made a phone call and said, "I have a job for you. Find someone useful at Healthline hospital."

*****************************************

Alisha reached the hospital at the scheduled time.

She was called in for consultation with her doctor. Her condition was worsening, her doctor prescribed stronger medications. After the consultation she bought medicines from the hospital pharmacy.

As she walked out of the hospital, she didn't realize that she was being followed. As she turned into a deserted alley, a van stopped near her and some men dragged her in. They injected something in her arm and she fainted.

When she opened her eyes, she found herself tied to a chair. When her eyes adjusted to the dim light, she observed the three men standing in front of her. She began to tremble in fear as she recognized them. She screamed and struggled as tears streamed down her eyes.

"Calm down," Neil said, "We just want to talk. If you co-operate, we won't hurt you."

"I am sorry," Alisha begged, "I only did what she asked. I didn't want to but I had no choice."

"I know," Neil said, "Now I have what Meera had against you, so it would be good for you if you do as I say."

"What?" Alisha asked sounding surprised.

"Would you rather hang for multiple murders or just confess that Meera made you hold my daughters hostage and serve a smaller term?"

"I can't..." Alisha said.

"Too bad," Neil said, "Then you are of no use to me, and Reyansh has a lot of plans for you."

"Sure, I do," Reyansh said, "Trust me, you don't wanna find out."

"No, no...please..it is Meera.." she spoke trembling in fear, "She has total control over me. The police are after me, I wanted to leave town but she wouldn't let me. She has me update my location to her all the time. She threatens to hurt me if I don't do as she says."

"If you agree to help Neil," Armaan said, "I assure you, you will be protected."

"She is too dangerous," Alisha said, "Helping Neil would mean crossing her, she would get me killed if I do."

"Honey," Reyansh said touching her cheek, "We are perfectly capable of killing you as well, and do things far worse, so you might wanna reconsider that."

Alisha realized that she was in immediate threat, and complying with them was the only sensible choice.

"Alright," she said, "I'll help you...but please don't hurt me." She felt her voice was choking.

"Good," Neil said, "You are coming with me right now to the police station and recording your statement."

Neil untied her ropes. Alisha got up and suddenly felt dizzy. She fell down on her knees. There was a severe pain in her chest.

"Hey...what happened?" Neil asked.

"I don't know...I...can..t..breathe..." she said grabbing her neck.

She fell down on the floor, clutching her chest and screaming in pain. She struggled to breathe. Her eyes were red and her whole body was writhing in pain.

"Looks like she has been poisoned," Armaan said rushing towards the breathless girl, "Did you eat or drink anything outside?"

"Just...medicines..." she said groaning as the pain in her chest became more and more severe, "Please...help...me..."

"Start the car," Armaan said to Neil as he picked her up and rushed outside.

Neil rushed outside and started the car and Armaan placed her on the backseat. But he realized Alisha was not moving or breathing. He felt her pulse, he couldn't find any.

He signaled Neil that the girl was dead. Neil felt crushed that he lost his last chance to freedom.

"No! No! No! This can't be happening..." Neil said tearfully, "She was my only hope..."

"This is...I don't know..." Armaan said trying to process the shock, "This was just so...sudden."

"Meera beat us to it!" Neil said, "I don't understand how.."

"Meera knew Alisha and her habits far better than we did Neil," Armaan said, "And she also had her location always."

"I'm stuck forever now," Neil said burying his face in his palms.

"You know if there was one thing, just one thing that would make Meera talk..." Armaan said, "But there isn't, there is absolutely nothing we can use against her that is what making her so fucking powerful. She has no family, no one she cares about that we can threaten to hurt, she is already a famous whore so she has no honour or a reputation to lose, she hardly feels pain so we can't torture anything out of her, she doesn't even care for her life, and that sick sadistic psycho has Pankh!"

Armaan kicked a stone in anger.

"But, you know what..." Neil said, "The fact that she acted so rashly in Alisha's case...I think she is agitated and is not thinking straight, I think she will soon make a mistake..."

There was silence for some time. The Armaan made a phone call and said, "I have a job for you. Reach asap."

After some time, some men reached there in a van.

"There is a body in the car, take her to where she lives and put her there, don't let anyone see you." Armaan said.

The men picked up the girl and her belongings and left.

Armaan and Neil joined Reyansh. They were all feeling broken and hopeless. They just sat silently with blank thoughts.

Armaan picked up Neil's laptop and went to another room. He started playing all of Pankhudi's videos. Several men forced themselves upon her. She struggled and fought for as long as she could but finally, she was exhausted and gave up. Meera was there in some of the videos forcing humiliation on her. It was very painful for him but he still watched looking for clues to her location. Tears fell from his eyes continuously as he watched her cry and scream. And then finally he spotted one window in one of the videos. The view from the window looked familiar to him. He closed his eyes and tried to concentrate where he had seen that view before.

In the next room where Neil and Reyansh were sitting, the audio bug installed in Meera's car began to transmit.

Neil began to listen and record.

Alex: Hey Meera

Meera: Yes, Alex, what's up?

Alex: It's Pankhudi, she hasn't been keeping well.

Meera: Why what happened?

Alex: She has been running a fever since yesterday and it is not coming down. She is looking very weak now...I am worried.

Meera: What the fuck am I paying you for? Can't you take care of a girl?

Alex: Its just...I ..can I take her to a doctor?

Meera: No, she doesn't leave that room. Get a doctor to see her.

Alex: Can you just send Mithila?

Meera: You dumb asshole, Mithila is compromised and Armaan might have someone watching her.

Alex: Then what do I do?

Meera: What kind of a moronic question is that Alex? Are there no doctors in Kurla?

Alex: No, I mean, won't they get suspicious?

Meera: Not unless you screw it up. Now cut the crap and deal with it. And see to it that she recovers quickly. Don't you know how important she is? She is the only thing that keeps Armaan on a leash, if she dies, you are going to be a dead man too.

Alex: Yeah, I mean, you were the one pulling fingernails...

Meera: You son of a bitch! Talk to me like that again, and I'll have your balls ripped off.

Alex: Sorry. I'll keep you updated.

Neil ran to the room where Armaan was sitting and knocked the door. Armaan opened the door.

"Come quickly! You gotta hear this!" Neil said with a sense of urgency.

Neil played the call recording again as Armaan listened carefully.

"Kurla," Neil said, "That is where they are keeping her. But there are still thousands of houses in Kurla, where exactly do we look?"

"Hey," Reyansh said, "Isn't Kurla the same place where Pankhudi lived?"

Armaan was quiet. He closed his eyes, trying to concentrate. Some images flashed in his mind. The old woman he bumped into near Pankhudi's apartment, the saree the saw in Meera's closet was the same that the old woman was wearing, the view from the window in Pankhudi's video was familiar because it was similar to the view from Pankhudi's apartment's window. He suddenly realized the old woman he bumped into was Meera herself in disguise.

"Guys," Armaan said taking a deep breath, "I think I know where Pankhudi is."

Neil and Armaan rushed to the car. Armaan drove the car faster than he had ever driven in his life. His heart was beating fast, and his hands trembled as he drove. Beads of sweat trickled down his forehead. His eyes were red and tearful. He wiped a tear with the back of his hand.

They reached Pankhudi's building and began to run upstairs. Armaan stood in front of Pankhudi's door. Then he closed his eyes for a moment tried to recollect where that old woman was coming from.

"The next door," he said to Neil pointing at the door next to Pankhudi's house. Meera had kept her in the same building where she lived in the next flat because she thought that would be the last place Armaan would look.

Both the men broke open the door. They stormed inside. Alex was surprised by the sudden invasion. Armaan instantly recognized him as one of the men who raped Pankhudi in those videos. He grabbed an electric cord lying nearby and wrapped it around his neck. Alex struggled but Armaan was stronger, and he was really angry. Armaan held the cord tightly till Alex stopped struggling and stopped breathing. He fell to the floor lifeless.

Armaan reached inside and found Pankhudi lying on the bed. She was lying naked, on those dirty sheets. The room smelled of sex and Pankhudi's face and hair had stains of dried cum. Tears had dried on her face leaving visible streaks. Her wrists and ankles had marks of the ropes that were used to restrain her. There were scratches and bites on her body, and her lip was bleeding. He couldn't hold back his tears seeing her like this. He held her in his arms, and realized she was running a fever and she looked very weak. She opened her eyes and looked at him. She smiled weakly.

"Armaan..." she spoke in a very soft voice, "Are you really here?"

"Yes," he replied, "I am here Pankh, I missed you so much, and I am going to get you out of here..."

"I knew you would come," she said sweetly, "I would always dream about you. I love you."

"I love you too my sweetheart," he said hugging her tightly, "and I am never letting you out of my sight again."

Neil was happy for Armaan. "Let's get her out of here," he said placing a hand on Armaan's shoulder.

Armaan wrapped her in a sheet and carried her out of the room. He sat in the backseat with Pankhudi while Neil drove the car to the hospital. Armaan comforted her and kept showering her with kisses the whole time.

********************************

Meera received a phone call, "It's over. He's found her. Alex is dead."

Meera disconnected the call without further word.

*********************************

As soon as they reached the hospital, Pankhudi was examined by a doctor and admitted to a ward for treatment. The doctor was a fine middle-aged lady. She walked towards Armaan.

"How are you related to her?" the doctor asked Armaan.

"I am her husband," he said, "How is her condition? I hope she is going to be OK."

"The fever is not of much concern," the doctor said, "We have started medications, she should recover soon. But there is something else we need to talk about."

"Yes, please," Armaan said.

"Anything you have to say about there being no clothes on her body when she was brought here?" the doctor asked, "Examination reveals the possibility of sexual assault. There is a missing fingernail suggesting torture and she also has been drugged. Such cases are usually reported to the authorities."

"We don't want to report anything," Armaan said firmly, "She's been through enough already, I don't want her to go through the trauma of police questioning. I hope you understand."

"Yes, I do," the doctor said, "I respect your request for privacy."

Armaan and Neil went back to the ward where Pankhudi was resting.

"Go get her brother," Neil said assuring Armaan, "I'll wait here and take care of Pankh."

Armaan rushed back to his car, his blood boiling with anger. He drove as fast as he could to Meera's house. He found the door open. He entered madly shouting her name.

"Meera!" he shouted, "Where are you hiding bitch? Come out and play now! Let me see you laugh and smile now!"

He ran around the whole house looking for her. "Come out you whore!" he shouted, "I'll show you the real meaning of pain now!"

"Where the fuck are you hiding?" he shouted again.

"You want to fuck with me!" he screamed, "I'll fuck you till you fucking die!"

"You disgusting piece of shit!" he yelled, "Come out and fucking face me!"

He searched the whole house. He couldn't find her. He was deeply frustrated that she had escaped. He kicked around her furniture. And then he noticed a letter on the bed with his name written on the envelope.

Armaan,

So, you've finally found her...congratulations! Now, I know you are going to come after me. Maybe you will find me some day, maybe kill me too in however creative ways you may have planned. But I had my reasons for what I did. I could have never got justice the legitimate way. Who would have cared for a word of a whore against four powerful men from reputed families? So, this was how I chose to punish the four of you. The damage I've done to your lives can never be undone, no matter what happens to me. That is my victory and all I always cherish it.

All the best in finding me.

Love,

Meera

Armaan took out his lighter and set the note of fire and threw the burning note on the bed. On his way out, he set the whole house on fire.

He returned to the hospital, and when Neil saw the look on his face, he understood Meera had escaped. He was equally dejected.

Armaan sent him home. When Neil reached his house, he saw Meera's house in flames and that brought some relief to his heart. He only wished Meera had burned with her house too.

**************************

The next day, Armaan was sitting by Pankhudi's bed in the hospital. For the first time in many days, his heart was at peace.

Pankhudi slowly opened her eyes and smiled at Armaan. She stretched her arms towards him to give him a hug. Armaan leaned towards her and hugged her back. Just holding her calmed the storm in his heart. He showered her with kisses and fondled her hair.

"Armaan," she whispered in his ears, "This is our baby."

"I know," he said gently rubbing her back.

He looked into her eyes and smiled.

"You won't ask me to get rid of it, will you?" she asked in a worried tone.

"No, never!" he gasped, "I love you more than anything in the world Pankhudi, I have no words to express what I feel about you...I don't think I can live without you. We are going to get married and have a baby, we are going to be happy Pankh."

"Will you really marry me?" Pankhudi asked with downcast eyes, "After everything that happened..."

"Hey..." he said gently lifting her chin. Her eyes were tearful. He gently wiped her tears and said, "Listen to me Pankh, none of that was your fault. You are my sweet little blameless angel, and I love you. And I am going to hunt down each and every one of the men who have hurt you, no one does that to my Pankh and stays alive. And I promise, I'll never be so careless again. Never again will I let anything as much as scratch you."

Pankhudi smiled and hugged him. That was all the assurance she needed and he gave it to her.

Pankhudi noticed the brand on Armaan's neck and suddenly her face dropped, "She did this to you?"

"Don't worry about it," Armaan said smiling at her and holding her hand, "What is more important is that I have you back with me. Nothing is going to hold me back now."

Pankhudi lovingly touched his face and said, "You look so tired, my love. Once we get home, I am going to cook you a nice meal and sing to you till you fall asleep."

Armaan hugged her. She lovingly caressed his hair. "What would I do without you Pankh?" he whispered in her ear.

Just then, the doctor and the nurse entered.

"So, how are you feeling now?" the doctor asked Pankhudi.

"I am feeling good," she said with a smile.

"Well, your reports look good too," the doctor said. Then she looked at Armaan and said, "She is fine, the injuries will heal in a few days. The baby is healthy too, and I think we can discharge her tomorrow."

"Thank you, doctor," Armaan said and the doctor left, while the nurse gave Pankhudi some sleeping pills to help her rest.

Pankhudi fell asleep, and Armaan gently held her hand and kept stroking it gently.

Mithila was at the hospital's reception with a flower bouquet.

"I am here to visit a patient named Pankhudi," Mithila requested, "Which floor is she admitted?"

"I am sorry but visiting hours are over," the receptionist said.

"Please," Mithila requested, "I am a doctor myself. Work keeps me so busy; I really need to see her. I won't be long just 5 minutes."

"OK, just give me a moment," the receptionist said and made a phone call to an authority to grant permission for Mithila to visit Pankhudi's room.

"Maam," the receptionist said, "You may proceed to third floor, room 307."

Mithila smiled and walked towards Pankhudi's room.

She knocked faintly before pushing the door open. She entered the room and started walking towards Pankhudi's bed. Armaan was alarmed to see her. He immediately stepped between Mithila and sleeping Pankhudi.

"Not one step further," he warned sternly, asking her to keep her distance from Pankhudi.

"I'm just here to talk," she said nervously.

"I am listening," he said, staring back at her.

"This whole madness," she said looking at Pankhudi with sad eyes, "It's gone way too far."

"Happy realization," he said coldly.

"I want this to stop," she said.

"I don't give a fuck about what you want," he replied.

"I...I don't want to be living in fear for the rest of my life, me and Anshul, we are reputed doctors..." she said, "Meera assured me that I'd be safe, but now that she is gone..."

"You are not safe...not even a little bit," Armaan said gazing directly into her eyes.

"I have something that might interest you," Mithila said holding a USB drive, "It is a video confession from Alisha, about Meera's plan to trap Neil and force him to murder Aditi. Alisha never really wanted to get involved with Meera's manic plans, so once she shared her disapproval with me. Meera never really trusted her so I recorded it secretly, so that we have something on her and she doesn't double-cross us."

Armaan was listening with folded hands.

"It can clear Neil's name," Mithila continued, "He would be a free man."

"What do you want in return?" Armaan asked.

"A promise," Mithila said trying to hold back her tears, "Promise that you or your friends will never come after me and my family again, and you will never show that video of mine to anyone."

"Sounds fair, as long as you don't try anything psychotic again," Armaan said reaching for the USB drive in her hand. But she stepped back.

12