A Game of Chess Ch. 04 - Conclusion

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Once I give this to you," she said, "There is no way I can make sure that you would come through on your end of the bargain."

"Well," Armaan said, "I can and will screw your life anyway, there's that, so if you give me that evidence, you just might earn yourself a chance at saving your precious honour."

"It's not about you Armaan," she said, "Among the four of you, you are the only one with honour. I know you would keep your word. But I am worried about Reyansh. He has several videos of me, and he is very angry. I understand why, but if he releases those videos, it would all be for nothing."

"I really can't speak for him, but I'll try to convince him," Armaan said.

"Please Armaan," she begged with tearful eyes, "I am sorry, I am really sorry, I've been through a lot, please let me live in peace...that's all I am asking for..."

"I am not interested in your drama," Armaan said sternly, "Hand over the evidence."

Mithila was not convinced.

"Swear on Pankhudi's life, that you..." she stopped mid-sentence as she noticed a sudden change in his expression.

Armaan's expression darkened and he was instantly boiling with rage.

"Take her name one more time, and I will strangle the life out of you this instant!" he growled.

Mithila realized she had overstepped the line. She didn't say anything further. She placed the USB drive and the flowers on a table and left.

Armaan picked it up and breathed a sigh of relief.

Pankhudi was discharged next day. Armaan took her to his house, where he knew she would be safe.

"I always loved this garden in front of your house, such pretty flowers!" Pankhudi chirped as the car entered the gates of his villa.

"It is our house now sweetheart," he said kissing her cheek, "You are going to live with me now on."

Pankhudi smiled ever so sweetly and hugged him.

"I have something for you," he said and opened a small box. There was a shining diamond ring in it. "Will you marry me Pankh?" he asked.

Pankhudi smiled and tears of joy flooded her eyes. "Yes," she gasped hugging him tightly. Armaan slid the ring onto her right ring finger, and Pankhudi kissed him passionately.

Armaan smiled as her watched her run into to the garden. He got out of the car and followed her. She looked so happy! She gently touched the flowers and breathed in their fragrance. She saw a swing tied to a tree branch and ran towards it. She had a sweet smile on her face as she touched it.

"You said you wanted it," Armaan said gentle holding her and kissing her neck.

"Yes, we had one like that in the village where I lived," she said, her excitement making her glow.

Armaan lifted her off the ground and placed her on the swing and gave a gentle push. Pankhudi closed her eyes and smiled and the swing rocked back and forth. Seeing her smiling and chirpy was so soothing for Armaan. He was afraid that she would break after what she had been through, but her innocence was still unblemished, her loving heart was still incorruptible.

"If there is a God," he said to no one, gazing at Pankhudi, "Thank you for this precious gift."

A middle-aged woman walked towards them with a tray and two glasses of water.

"Thank you, Carol," Armaan said to her, "I'm gonna be away for a bit. I need you to look after her and make sure she gets everything she needs."

Then he turned to Pankhudi, kissed her forehead and said, "I'll be right back. Stay within the gates of this house and anything you need, just ask Carol. I won't be long. You'll be fine till I get back?"

She nodded and kissed his lips briefly.

Armaan got into his car and sent a message on the group.

Armaan: I need to see both of you. It's important and urgent. I am sending a location. Get here asap.

Neil: What is it about?

Armaan: I'll tell you when you get there.

Reyansh: All right, be right there.

Armaan reached the location first and waited for Neil and Reyansh. It was a deserted place on a hill. He often visited this spot when he needed some time to himself. It was evening and he watched the sun set into the Arabian sea. He could see the entire city from there, gleaming with lights as it grew darker.

Soon two cars arrived there. Neil and Reyansh stood in front of him, curious to know why he had called them.

"Dr. Mithila came for a visit at the hospital last night," Armaan said handing over the USB drive to Neil, "And she gave me this."

"What is this?" Neil asked.

"Your freedom," Armaan said, "It has evidence that Meera and Alisha plotted against you and forced you to commit a crime."

Neil couldn't believe what he heard. He had lost all hope. "And she gave it to you?" he asked, "Just like that?"

"This whole thing has gotten very ugly," Armaan said, "She wanted peace."

"What peace?" Reyansh said gritting his teeth, "Ruin someone's life and live happily ever after, that kind of peace?"

"In exchange for that evidence, she wanted a promise that I would never hurt her or her family and will never release her video." Armaan said.

"So?" Neil asked, "What did you say?"

"I gave her my word," Armaan said.

"What the fuck has gotten into you Armaan?" Reyansh growled, "You are making deals with sick cunts?"

"Neil's freedom is more important Rey," Armaan replied.

"Yeah so we have the evidence now," Reyansh said, "Neil is going to be free, and everything is alright in the good old world? Aditi was good and innocent, and she died! And what about Meera? You OK with everything she did to you and Pankh? You going to just let her get away with that?"

"I really don't care about what Meera did to me," Armaan said, "But what she did to Pankh is unpardonable. I do have plans for her. And the fact that she fled, well, she does care for her life after all. But that is not my priority. Pankhudi needs me right now and I am going to be there for her. That is more important. And as far as Mithila is concerned, I gave her my word that I won't hurt her. But I haven't spoken for the two of you, I have no right to."

"Good," Reyansh said, "So it won't be on your conscience when I destroy her life."

"I beg you to please reconsider that, Rey," Armaan implored, "Mithila came forward on her own and Neil is going to be free because of her, please respect that. I am not saying she did us a favor. She needs our co-operation just as much as we needed hers. It was a deal, and I like to honour a deal."

Reyansh was not convinced. He just started at Armaan in anger.

"This has to stop Rey," Armaan continued, "Someone has to make it stop. And the responsibility to stop this lies on us because we started it. And trust me, there is no end to it. You hurt her, and then someone comes after you, hurts you and your family...and this just goes on and on..."

"What family? My parents disowned me because that bitch Meera sent them a video of me raping someone," Reyansh shouted, "Look at me Armaan, I have enough money to last a lifetime, but I've got nothing left to live for! You have Pankhudi, and now you are going to be a father...so congrats! And Neil has his daughters, and what do I have? An ugly face and uglier body? I can't get two blocks without people glaring at me...and I should just shut up and live like that, huh? While that bitch who did this, lives happily ever after with her precious family?"

Reyansh paused to take a deep breath and continued, "Mithila knew about Meera's psychotic and plans all along, and if she had a shred of humanity in her, why didn't she bother telling us earlier? She comes to us now to save her sorry ass because she knows she is screwed anyway! She is just as guilty as Meera! You are so fucking blind Armaan!"

"I've checked on her story," Armaan said looking at Neil and Reyansh, "She was really raped when she was very young. She filed a case, fought for justice but faced a lot of humiliation in the process. The man was really powerful, and just because she pressed rape charges against him, he got her abducted and raped over and over again by several men till she broke down completely and agreed to withdraw the charges."

"So? Does that sad story justify what she did to us?" Reyansh spoke bitterly, "You OK with this Neil? Mithila knew what Meera had planned for Aditi! And she every bit supported Meera!"

"If there is anyone to be blamed for all this," Neil said with deep remorse, "It would be me. I wish I hadn't treated Naina the way I did. She was a nice girl, she loved me with all her heart...and I broke her. I...I am not a bad guy, I didn't mean to kill her...if I knew she would die, I would have never..." He couldn't complete his sentence.

"Alisha is dead, Rey" Armaan said, "And haven't you hurt Mithila enough already?"

"That's not fucking enough! It is not fucking enough!" he said as he broke down and tears streamed down his eyes, "I suffer every moment that I am alive because of her...and now I have a chance to do the same to her, and you are telling me not to..."

"I am not telling you anything, little brother, I don't know if I have any right to tell you what you should or should not do..." Armaan said, "I am just...requesting you Rey, please...stop. Think about all the innocents that suffered because of us, Aditi, Pankhudi, Neil's daughters, Aarav's family...it has all been so traumatic for all the people associated with us for none of their fault. And now to start it all over again...the thought itself is just so...exhausting!"

Neil squeezed Reyansh's shoulders, trying to pacify him, "Rey, I think Armaan is right. Let Mithila go. We are your family. We will always be there for you. You have us...nothing has ever changed between us. You are still our brother."

"FUCK YOU!" he shouted at Neil, "FUCK both of you!"

He got into his car and looked one last time at Armaan and Neil. All of a sudden, he floored the accelerator of his car and drove off.

THE END

****************************************************

Dear Readers,

Thank you for being with me till the end of this story. The fate of Reyansh, Meera and Mithila is left to your imagination.

Writing an intense story like The Girl Next Door was emotionally draining. Writing this sequel brought some peace of mind to me. Especially because the Armaan-Pankhudi couple is very close to my heart.

If you liked the story, please leave a comment and let me know. The much needed support and encouragement from readers keeps me going.

If you didn't like the story, I would still respect your opinion. Let me know how this story could have been better and I will keep your suggestions in mind while writing my next story.

Hoping for your continued love and support!

12