All Comments on 'A Genie Diary Ch. 09'

by MagicKeys

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
hardheadd1hardheadd1over 6 years ago

I have really enjoyed your story. I'm guessing this is the ending?

wicked62wicked62over 2 years ago

Terrible ending. I wanted to like this but I found it hard to believe a teenager gets this gift and gives it back. And the use of the genie was not very imaginative. Its an erotic site but surely there could have been something else, with 9 chapters. Started out well but...

cleareyedguycleareyedguyover 1 year ago

Ambivalence over power is interesting. I think the author “shot his wad,” so to speak, and decided to return the characters to their pre-magic state. The alternative was to come to terms with essentially being a rapist or voyeur or sadist, which is what most “mind control stories” boil down to. If one imagines onesself as the person being controlled, it’s generally unpleasant unless there’s some give and take and perhaps a comeuppance.

It’s also funny about fantasy. I like the idea of seeing through clothes, for example, which is a nice example of a victimless crime (though it’s not actually legal to be a peeping Tom, even if no one knows they’ve been spied upon). But through clothes, while they’re walking and being compressed by various undergarments, few bodies are going to look all that great. And to get somebody to have sex who doesn’t want to have sex…. It’s hard to know how to ethically extend that story after the”happy ending” except through a) having them forget everything or b)changing their personality, which is kind of a big deal irl.

Having said all that, I enjoyed the story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous