A Girl, A Boy and A Boat Pt. 02

Story Info
Can two desperate people find love despite everything.....
8.2k words
4.74
4.8k
8
5

Part 2 of the 6 part series

Updated 09/16/2023
Created 08/16/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Somewhat darker and a little more sinister than most of my other stories this one has elements of many genres; erotic couplings, interracial, nonconsent/reluctance to name a few, however overall, I think it is more of a romance than anything else.

But given the length of it, the story consists of 6 parts (all written), I decided the best place to put it was in Novels & Novellas.

As always constructive comments and criticism are welcome but please remember it is just a story, like the Marvel films it isn't actually real.

I hope you enjoy.

_________________________________________________

Chapter 02 - Coming Home

The heat struck Rob Davenport as soon as he stepped off the plane, and back onto what he basically thought of as home soil, for the first time in a couple of years.

Although he hadn't been born in Saint Martin, his parents had brought him here when he was just three, he was a naturalised citizen. It was the place he had grown up in and that he remembered affectionately from his childhood. His past and his friends were all centred around the island and the years he had spent there.

The feel of the warm afternoon sunshine on his face made him smile and he paused at the top of the steps for a few seconds, taking the time to look around at the palm trees and the familiar dilapidated terminal building that seemed to be forever in need of a coat of paint.

Only 48 hours earlier Rob had been living the life he had chosen as a sergeant in the Royal Marines and, at 27, he had been expecting to spend the next 13 years or more in the British navy. However, the sudden onset of his father's illness and his subsequent decision to retire from the family's charter business due to ill health had brought Rob home.

He would have to make a decision at some point in the future about whether to go back or to resign, but that could wait until he had a better understanding of the situation.

"Excuse me." The passenger behind him, frustrated at being kept waiting, tried to push by him causing Rob to start down the steps to the tarmac.

Shuffling along in the queue towards the immigration desk, in what passed for the terminal building, he looked around remembering how the airport hadn't changed in the slightest since the last time he had been here.

"Hey Rob man, how you doing?"

Waiting to show his passport he was just wondering how long it would take to get his luggage back when a loud voice got his attention, and he glanced around to see a policeman waving at him.

"Henry!"

He grinned and immediately stepped out of the queue to embrace his oldest friend.

Rob was tall at over six feet and with a muscular physique from his time as a marine he made most people seem small but the hugely built 6' 6" policeman dwarfed him.

"How you doing man? I heard from your mum you were coming home." The police officer released him from his bear hug, "I'm sorry to hear about your dad."

Rob smiled grimly, as always there were no secrets amongst the small community of Saint Martin.

"Yeah, it doesn't sound good but someone has to keep the family business going."

"Well, it's good to see you back whatever the reason."

The marine chuckled, "Yeah, now all I have to do is to get through immigration which, I see, hasn't got any better."

"Here, let me get that stamped for you man."

Police sergeant Henry Legrande smiled back at him and, taking his passport off him, ushered Rob in to the tiny office that doubled as the airports police station.

Bypassing the queue of passengers actually cost the 6' 1" former marine more time than if he had waited, as once his passport had been stamped he spent the next fifteen minutes or so catching up with his friend.

"We'll have to get ourselves a beer sometime when you're off duty." Rob said by way of a goodbye as he went to collect his luggage.

"Sounds good to me. Just make sure we don't leave it too long." He heard Henry call after him, "I know what you're like."

By the time he made it to the old creaking carousel, to join the passengers patiently waiting, the first bags were just starting to come through. Finding a space in amongst them he looked across at the start of the belt hoping his luggage didn't take too long.

"Are you here on holiday?"

His mind was on the problems with his father and the charter business when a soft voice beside him made him look around.

"Err... no, just coming home for a while actually." He smiled at the very attractive blonde who had sidled up alongside him.

"You live here! Lucky you." She smiled engagingly, her blue eyes unashamedly studying his physique.

"Well, I haven't been back in two years but yeah.... this is where I call home."

Moving a little closer she put a hand on his arm and batted her eyelashes at him, "So, maybe you can provide me with a little insider information and tell me where's the best bar in town? Somewhere a girl can get a decent drink."

It was immediately obvious to Rob that he was being picked up but, studying the woman doing it, he wasn't about to object. There could be worse ways to spend his first couple of weeks back on the island than with a sexy blonde tourist.

"Errm... I'd suggest either Samuel's or The Harbourmaster's.... they're both down on the quayside. You can't miss either of them."

She giggled sexily as her fingers tightened on his arm, "I'll remember that. I'm Melissa by the way."

"Rob." He held out his hand to her, "So, I guess you're here on holiday."

"Mmhhmm.... Two weeks. All by myself." She replied as they shook hands, "Hopefully I'll see you in one of those bars then."

He grinned; the way girls played this game always made him smile. A guy would simply ask the woman out but the female of the species had a clever way of always twisting the conversation round to arranging a date without actually asking a question.

"I might be in The Harbourmaster's on Sunday evening about seven o'clock. If you're around I'll buy you that drink."

He gave her the opportunity to meet him, happy to play her game.

"Oh, there's my luggage." She smiled at him and went to grab it, "Maybe I'll see you on Sunday then?"

"Maybe you will."

Rob watched her as she collected her bag, her perfectly shaped bottom outlined in the skin tight jeans she was wearing while her breasts filled her t-shirt nicely.

"Bye Rob. Hopefully I'll see you on Sunday,"

Waving to him Melissa headed towards the exit, glancing back and wiggling her rear fetchingly as she left him to wait for his luggage to appear.

It was a good ten minutes more before he was able to finally collect his two bags and start to head out past the unmanned customs desk and through the exit.

"ROB! ROB!"

He had barely gone ten paces into the arrival's hall when his mother's piercing shriek made everyone turn towards her.

"Hey mum." He hugged her back when she hurried across to him and flung her arms around him, "How are you? How's dad?"

"Oh God, it's so good to have you home sweetheart." Stepping away and holding him at arm's length Martha Davenport looked her son up and down, frowning as she did so, "You've lost weight."

"How's dad?" He ignored her comment and repeated his question.

"He's at home waiting for you. You can ask him yourself when we get there." His mother fussed over him and started to lead him out of the airport.

The drive in the old Land Rover that his father had had for nearly twenty years was just as noisy and bumpy as he remembered but it wasn't very long before he was home and greeting the rest of his family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you really sure you're going to be ok with taking over the business Rob?"

They had just finished a large dinner and Rob's father had finally taken him aside to sit in the living room to discuss the reason for his return.

"I didn't exactly have a lot of choice did I dad?"

"You could always have said no. You have your own life and we'd have managed somehow."

Rob smiled; it was typical of his father to put the needs of the other members of his family first.

"You know I love that boat and whatever happens you and mum need the money from the business."

The boat in question, the Pegasus III, was a Tarquin Trader 41 - 3 cabin version that had been built in 1982. Powered by 2 x Ford Watermota 120hp 6-cylinder diesel inboard engines it had a top speed of 10 knots and the three cabins meant it could cope with up to 6 people.

Rob knew it had been Charles Davenport's pride and joy, as well as providing an income for the family, since before he could remember. Having virtually grown up on it, it was his as well, and trying to imagine life without it featuring somewhere was almost impossible.

"So, how is the business doing?" Rob changed the subject not wanting to think about his father's illness for the moment.

"It wasn't doing that great before I had the heart attack." His father shook his head sadly, "And since then I haven't been able to run any charters at all."

He took a minute to take in what he had just been told, wondering just how much work would be needed to get the boat functioning again.

"What... what have the doctors said?"

Charles Davenport smiled, "Basically I need to take it easy."

Rob knew his father was playing down his problems. He had been lucky that the coronary hadn't been fatal but, as a result, he had been told to retire and start to take life a lot easier.

"So, the boat's basically just been tied up at the quay for the last few weeks." He brought the conversation back to the reason for him coming home.

Already starting to make a mental list Rob added the items that immediately sprang to mind; he would need to service the engines, clean throughout, provision the galley along with a couple of dozen other things.

"Simeon has been keeping an eye on the old girl and making sure she's shipshape." Rob's father told him reassuringly, "But apart from that she's not been touched in quite a while."

"I guess I'd better get to work then. I'll go down and look her over in the morning."

"I'd come with you but I have the hospital..."

"It's ok dad, I'll go down to the marina tomorrow and maybe take her out for a trial run."

"Only if you're certain Rob."

He sighed knowing there was no other choice he could make.

"Yeah I'm sure dad. I'll have to put my papers in but that's purely a formality. I spoke to the CO before I came back and he's aware of my situation so he's kind of expecting it."

Charles Davenport wiped a tear from the corner of his eyes, "You're... you're a good boy Rob."

Just then his mother poked her head around the door and put an end to their discussions before things became too emotional.

"Anyone for coffee?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heading down to the quay the following morning, with an armful of basic supplies, Rob noticed an attractive slim brunette standing looking at the Pegasus. Wondering if she was looking to charter it he increased his pace hoping to get to the boat before she disappeared. Unfortunately, he wasn't quick enough and he was left watching her walk away in the distance as he speculated what she had wanted.

Putting her out of his mind he climbed aboard and after stowing the items he had bought with him he did a walk through to assess what work he needed to do.

The general state of the boat was just as his father had told him and he could see that old Simeon had done a good job keeping things clean and tidy. He was also certain that the engines had been fired up on a regular basis although he was also sure she hadn't been out to sea since his father had had his heart attack.

He knew he would have to service the two diesel inboards and that in itself would take him several hours even if nothing major was wrong. First though he would take her out the following day he decided, just for an hour to see how she handled.

Planning to make a start on the mechanical work on the Monday, after his sea test, he made himself a coffee before he began getting on with all the other jobs that needed his attention.

"Anyone aboard?"

Rob had been so immersed in what he was doing he hadn't noticed the time and it was past five o'clock when a voice from the quay had him poking his head out of the cabin hatchway.

"Henry! Great to see you." He waved his best friend onto the boat, "Come aboard."

"I'd rather go for that beer if you've got the time?" Stepping down onto the deck the policeman suggested with a grin.

"Sure. I could do with one myself." Rob laughed and clapped his friend on the shoulder, "Just give me a couple of minutes to finish up then and we can go."

Calling a halt to the day's activities Rob quickly stashed his things and locked the boat before clambering up onto the quayside.

"So, Samuel's or the Harbourmaster?"

"Err.... The Harbourmaster. It's closer." The policeman decided after a moment's thought and they set off, chatting amiably, to walk the short distance to the pub.

They had just entered the bar when Rob stopped dead in his tracks.

"Oh fuck!"

"What's up man?" Henry looked around and groaned, "Oh fuck is right."

Walking towards them was a very pregnant Stephanie Atwood.

"Hello Rob, how are you?" She smiled sweetly at him and reached out to touch his arm.

"Err... hi Steph... I'm... umm... I'm fine. How about you?" Somehow he managed to respond to his former fiancée although he could feel himself start to choke on the words.

She laughed and ran her hand over her swollen belly the wedding ring on her left-hand glinting as she did.

"I'm pregnant. As you can see. But otherwise, I guess I'm ok."

"When did you get married? My mum never mentioned it."

"Just a couple of months ago when I found out I was expecting." She touched his arm again, "I guess she was a bit preoccupied with your dad. How is he by the way?"

Forcing a smile, he bit back the numerous sarcastic comments he wanted to make and responded civilly, "Ok, he just needs to take life a bit easier."

Rob had been engaged to Stephanie Atwood years before and she had been the reason he had left the island and gone back to England to join the navy.

Everyone had said they were the ideal couple but the nineteen-year-old girl had decided otherwise and had unceremoniously broken off their engagement without giving him a reason. If that hadn't hurt him enough she had started dating a someone else almost immediately.

He had been completely devastated at the time and, with his heart broken, had taken himself off to the UK to enlist in the military, choosing the Royal Marines because of his affinity with the sea.

"And how is married life?" He continued, not really interested in her answer.

She giggled sexily, the sound reminding him of things from the past that he would rather forget, "It's pretty good all things considered."

"Anyone I know?"

"Declan Woodbridge."

Suddenly the final pieces of the puzzle fell into place.

It was common knowledge that the Woodbridge's were one of the wealthiest families on the island. Declan's father, James, had made a fortune on the stock market in America before retiring to Saint Martin with his family. Unfortunately, Declan was a product of his family's wealth and had turned out to be a spoilt and obnoxious arsehole.

"Lucky you." Rob said rather coldly.

Before Stephanie could answer another voice interrupted them.

"Rob, What are you doing here? I.... I wasn't going to see you until tomorrow."

Jerking around the three of them found themselves face-to-face with the pretty blonde tourist he had met at the airport the previous day.

"Oh err... hi... err.... Melissa."

Melissa's eyes widened at seeing the pregnant woman who was touching his arm and she assumed that she might be his wife or girlfriend.

"Oh, I see you're busy Robert. I'd better go. Maybe I'll see you around sometime."

"Robert!" Henry spluttered with amusement, "Since when has anyone called you that?"

"What no... please... stay and have a drink, we're finished here aren't we Steph?"

Being so offhandedly dismissed Stephanie said nothing and just glared at the blonde, quickly making her retreat.

"Did I interrupt something?" Melissa enquired tartly, staring after the other girl.

"No, I'd say you arrived in the nick of time." Rob chuckled.

"Who was that, your girlfriend?" Looking between the two men Mel inquired sarcastically.

"No, she's Rob's ex." Henry answered succinctly.

"Oh, so the baby's not...."

"What!" Rob choked, Hell, no. We broke up years ago when she dumped me for some spoilt rich kid."

The relief on Melissa's face was evident when he said that.

With his ex-fiancée gone and the situation explained Rob finally introduced Melissa to Henry and the three of them headed up to the bar to order drinks.

Settling down they spent a pleasant hour and a couple of rounds chatting, before Melissa excused herself to go to the bathroom, leaving the two men by themselves.

"I'm gonna go man and leave you alone with her." Henry chuckled and downed the last of his beer.

"You don't have to leave."

Henry shook his head and smirked, "Oh, I do. That girl clearly wants you all to herself."

"You think so?"

The policeman grinned, "The look on her face when she thought that you were with Stephanie was priceless. For a minute I wondered if I might have to arrest her for assault or something."

"Seriously you can stay? She's gonna have me for breakfast if you leave me alone with her." Rob looked at his best friend for support.

"Well, she'll have you cooking hers that's for sure." Slapping him on the shoulder the policeman chuckled and got up to go, "Say goodbye to her for me."

"Some friend you are. Thanks for nothing."

"Has Henry gone?" Melissa asked when she returned from the lady's restroom.

"Yeah he had some things to do. He said to tell you goodbye."

The delight on Melissa's face was obvious and she moved her stool closer to his, "Do you have to go to? Or have I got you all to myself for a while?"

"No, I'm fine but I will need to ring home and tell them I won't be back for a bit."

Waiting and sipping her drink as he made the call, she rubbed her free hand along his thigh, her fingers not quite reaching the bulge at the front of his shorts.

"So, what have you been doing with yourself today?" She asked when he finished his conversation, "Not chatting up lonely tourists I hope?"

As succinctly as possible he told her about the boat, his father's illness and how he was taking over the family business.

"You have a boat?" Melissa squealed with undisguised glee, "Can I see it? Please, please."

"Err... yeah... I suppose so... if you want to." Trapped, all Rob could do was acquiesce before finishing his drink and sliding off his stool.

Holding out a hand he helped her down letting her take his arm as they left the bar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"This is her. This is Pegasus III."

Standing on the quayside in front of his boat, Rob introduced her and jumped down onto the deck to unlock the hatchway as Melissa shrieked with delight.

"Oh my god, its absolutely huge. I thought it would be a tiny boat but it's massive."

"It has three cabins and takes up to 6 passengers." He grinned up at her and offered her his hand to help her step down, "Would you like to see inside?"

"Oh yes please."

Taking his outstretched fingers, she gazed around her wide-eyed like a child on Christmas morning as she let him guide her onto the deck.

It didn't take very long to show her around what was technically not a very large boat and ten minutes later he stood in the master cabin with her.

"It's lovely Rob." Melissa bit her bottom lip and casually slid her arms around his neck.

"Err.... thanks."

"You know I've never made love on a boat before." She continued, her voice little more than a husky gasp, as she stared up at him.