All Comments on 'A Girl with Moonlight In Her Eyes'

by Maonaigh

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wow...

Such a well characterised depth of the story. Smooth and very entertaining.

Well done.... 5*

blueyes4ublueyes4uover 3 years ago

very well written,n thoughtful.enjoyed it immensely.

Candy_Kane54Candy_Kane54over 3 years ago

What an incredibly sweet story. I was enthralled and read it through in one sitting. Five stars only because I couldn't give more ...

... and who didn't crush on Sigourney Weaver in Aliens?

vanmyers86vanmyers86over 3 years ago

Wow. Another powerful tale of love, loss and life from a master of the art. As always, the prose is smooth and sweet as a perfect caramel sauce, and so is the plot! I loved the glimpses into English and French life, and I wish we all had a Pere Gerard in our lives. Thank you for a delightfully sensual read!

sandy_parissandy_parisover 3 years ago

This was wonderful. The characters were very believable and endearing, the relationships developed, there were surprises, great sex and a happy ending. Loved the writing style as ever. Deserves more than five stars and will await your next lovely submission. Thanks.

CeVin_ChienElleCeVin_ChienElleover 3 years ago

A sweet, lovely love story of a life well lived.

It's nice to have a glimpse into a relatively serene existence, filled with love, patience and (overall) calmness. As we close out 2020 (especially here in the States) it's good to have stories that give us a glimpse into a calm, loving, reasonable and normal existence.

Ya made me feel good without getting me all worked up--I never felt the urge to yell "what the hell are you thinking, you idiot!" at any of the characters.     : )

Thank you!

*****

stroudlestroudleover 3 years ago
Brilliant writing

You have another hit on your hands here Maonaigh . You write such brilliant characters and the balance you achieve between the sexy bits and the story line is perfect. I did laugh at the dewlaps and dentures . A wonderful journey through the life and loves that felt very real . Beautifully done , thank you . Five more stars and a favourite

Jc

WaxPhilosophicWaxPhilosophicover 3 years ago

Absolutely beautiful. You put my high school French to the test as well as my memory for some of your other beloved characters. With all that's happened in the past year, it's nice to sit down to a story like this and just forget about everything else for a while -- instead, living life through the eyes of these wonderful characters you've shared with us. Thank you. Five stars as always.

Slurpy29Slurpy29over 3 years ago

It’s makes my day a whole better when I see one of my favorite authors has given us a story to read, And I have to say this one did not disappoint, Maonigh, you have written another wonderfully romantic tale. You treated us to the romance of a long distance relationship and a long period relationship—14 years OMG. I also enjoyed how you brought Berry and Hal into the story, very nice touch. Thanks again and as always I look forward to more.

Shaima32Shaima32over 3 years ago
Beautiful story.

I always love reading your stories. It's like you're taking a leisurely stroll just taking notes as you follow your characters from page to page and scene to scene, with generous helpings of spicy love scenes. Eleanor and Simone were delightful women, perfectly suited to each other even in an open relationship. It's not something I've thought about covering just yet but you've gotten me thinking now, what if? The story reads like a mini biography and could very well be real the way you've written it. A well deserved five stars and I'm only sorry they don't let us add ten stars because this story deserves all ten.

Thank you for sharing your characters with us.

Shaima.

Shaima32Shaima32over 3 years ago
Brilliant Story

I've always enjoyed reading your stories. It's like you're taking a leisurely stroll with pen and notepad as you follow your characters from page to page and scene to scene, sprinkling spicy love scenes along the way. Eleanor and SImone sound like the perfect couple, perfectly suited to their open relationship for some years. I've never considered open relationships for my characters but then again, why not? It's certainly gotten me thinking about it and I may even try it at some point in the future. The story reads like a mini biography and is as about as realistic as it can get, it feels earthy and yet there's a tenderness to it that works its way into your system. A well deserved five stars and I'm only regretting they don't let us give ten stars because you'd get all ten of them.

Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Shaima.

LilyVonSchtuppLilyVonSchtuppover 3 years ago
Sweet

What a sweet story. It was nice taking a walk down memory lane, so to speak, with Eleanor. I enjoyed seeing some of the steps in her life that brought her to where she was now, both the romantic ones as well as the non romantic ones. It's a lovely light hearted feel good story. Well done. I look forward to seeing what you come up with next.

As always, thank you for sharing your talents with us.

BillyslateBillyslateover 3 years ago

Joyful

I really loved this story, especially Eleanor / Simone's meeting over the sudden fall. I was also enamored with their slowly developing, however quite unconditional love. Love stories are absolutely divine, when the 2-individuals seem to have been placed🎉 on this Earth to be with each other.

Keep Up The Excellent Writing & Totally 5*-Stars!!!!!!

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Beautiful

A lovely poignant story. Loved the journey Eleanor made and happy she's so happy to meet Simone. 5 stars.

I'll be reading more of yours now.

Air_DryAir_Dryalmost 3 years ago

My sense of deja vu was resolved not the least bit mystical as once I was guided in the right direction it wasn’t deja vu at all. I really had been here before.

A love story without a lot of drama. Eleanor breezed through her important relationships with grace and deserved the outcome. No ill feelings toward anyone nor toward her.

A really sweet story. I liked seeing Eleanor’s point of view where we had seen it from Berry’s earlier. Thank you, it was very well written.

Nerdyqueen94Nerdyqueen94over 2 years ago

I liked Eleanor before with the way she treated Berry, but now I may adore her and Simone. This is a story I will treasure.

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusover 2 years ago

There is something sacred in every story well told. Your telling of the Eleanor story is astounding -- so perfectly told in the first person.

I am delighted to have become exposed to your work. You are a master.

TrueLoveIsAllTrueLoveIsAllover 2 years ago

A heartfelt thank you. Beautiful story, with superb characters. 5 Stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

awesome story, carefully crafted with as much heart as one could imagine.

DessertmanDessertmanalmost 2 years ago

Yet another wonderful story from a master.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I almost feel I shouldn't add anything else to all the so well deserved praise but you are so good and the stories are so interesting and mainly up lifting that I have to say thank you.

okami1061okami1061over 1 year ago

Unbelievable: a fourteen year stable open lesbian relationship.

Oh. Don't get me wrong. It's not *literally* unbelievable. It *could* happen in the real world.

It's just not liter(otic)ally believable. Fourteen stable drama-free years apart. Goddess forbid!

It's got to be a record here in the Lit world.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 1 year ago

Such luck is all about a soulmate, a true soulmate touching your soul ...... Then you easily discover this and easily can vote for this one and only being next to you ...... The greatest luck happen in a lifetime, no money no greed no ego no famously action can compared to your soul happiness ...... Magnifique

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹 ten roses for this romance

Nicole2023Nicole2023over 1 year ago

I’ve read all your stories, glad I did

FandeborisFandeborisabout 1 year ago

Magnifique! It is impossible to say anything that hasn't been said before.

So with all due respect... Ditto!

Take care.

Wandering_MinstrelWandering_Minstrel10 months ago

Maonaigh

Your storytelling skills and your words will be missed.

Godspeed

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai6438 months ago

Really good!

You have a really great way of writing! Your erotic romances have a truly lovely feel to them.

Thank you

LiberalMindsLiberalMinds29 days ago

If I understand correctly, Maonaigh is no longer with us. Which is a pity, because his stories are really good.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMaonaigh@Maonaigh
I've been writing semi-pro since the 1960s, most of my stories falling under the blanket heading of weird tales. However, I'd written nothing for 5-6 years because my wife was very ill and disabled and care for her was my priority. Some months after her death in December 2013 ...