A Good Man Tested

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Logan gazed at the doctor, his expression registering confusion, as he realised the truth of his deluded visions. Still in shock, he looked again at the photograph in his hand. He immediately identified the beautiful woman as Cassie Lomas. The same woman he had met on his first day as the house.

'Who is the darkhaired older woman I've been seeing?' he muttered.

'Tell me what you feel about the reality you've just discovered,' urged Sara.

'Scared,' he uttered. 'I'm frightened that my damaged mind has played such a cruel trick on me. What else might I have been only imagining is real?'

She looked at him sympathetically.

'I can help to heal your mind, to adjust its perspective of reality, but the process will take time,' she reassured him. 'The vision of this mystery woman, or so I suspect, is no random mental aberration. I believe she represents a significant individual from your past, even a person you knew as a baby. I also suspect the answer to her identity lies in the emotional investment you placed in this illusion. These feelings were so intense that your brain manifested a physical likeness of her, then projected it onto a real person for whom you have a similar emotional bond. Love, one of the strongest emotions, can be particularly intense between mother and child.'

'You think the woman I've been seeing is my deceased mother,' he pensively stated. 'It's possibly I suppose. I have no family photographs to tell one way of the other. Also, it's true that the bond I formed with Cassie before my accident was akin to that of a family member. So, I guess your theory makes sense from that perspective as well.'

Sara sat back in her chair and took a deep breath.

'If you don't mind, I'd like the end the session at this point,' she said, noting him nod in agreement.

'It's been a pretty intense couple of hours this morning, doc,' he agreed. 'Thanks for the insights and, of course, breaking my delusion about Cassie. I hope she starts looking more like her old self to me from now on.'

'I hope so, too, Logan,' she remarked with sincerity. 'We've made a great psychological breakthrough today, but there's far more work to be done.

Cassie was preparing lunch when Sara and Logan entered the kitchen. She turned around, perplexed by Logan's tearful reaction as he hugged her with affection.

'I see you,' he tremulously declared. 'I'm so pleased to meet you again, Cass.'

She peered around his shoulder at Sara with a quizzical expression.

'Believe me, this is a good thing,' said Sara, reassuringly.

Later, when the women were alone, Sara explained to Cassie the breakthrough Logan had made that morning.

Cassie shook her head in disbelief.

'I find it difficult to understand how he could so easily have forgotten me,' she said. 'And this other woman he saw in my place... It's so incredible.'

'You're not so easy for some of us to forget or replace.' Sara quipped, recognising Cassie's pained expression as a sign to back off. 'I'd like us to talk about our past friendship, Cass.'

'Not today,' she adamantly stated. 'I have to get lunch ready and I'm sure you have work to do... elsewhere.'

Simon entered, just as Sara was leaving.

'Do you have to rush off, Sara?' he said. 'I thought you might like to stay for lunch.'

She smiled at him while glancing back at Cassie.

'Sorry, Si,' she said. 'Apparently, I have to be elsewhere. Thanks for your invitation anyway.'

He watched her leave before turning to face his wife with an accusing glare.

'Must you be so rude to her?' he angrily stated.

She turned to him. 'Must you both be so obvious about wanting the three of us to be best friends again?' she countered.

'What's so bad about that aspiration?' he challenged her. 'Sara's doing her best to smooth things over between you and her.'

'Maybe I don't want her to make such an effort,' she bitterly remarked. 'If she's so concerned about becoming my friend, why break contact with me for all those years?'

'Believe me, Sara's had her own share of financial and personal problems to overcome,' he assured Cassie. 'It got so bad for her that, like young Fiona, she became a hooker to clear her debts.'

Cassie's expression softened upon hearing of Sara's misfortune.

'Poor, Sara,' she muttered, before peering at Simon. 'When did she tell you about her... problems?'

'We've occasionally met for lunch in recent weeks,' he reminded her. 'Sara's invited us both often enough. In any case, she and I have agreed that it's unfair on you for us to continue seeing each other socially. Unless you choose to invite her to our home, we plan to contact each other only by phone and via the internet in future.'

Cassie nodded her acknowledgement of this unexpected decision, while sitting down at the table.

'It was never my intention for you and her to become estranged again,' she tremulously remarked. 'I had no idea what she must have gone through during our time apart.'

'There's no need for the three of us to be apart any longer,' he declared. 'She's only a phone call away, Cass. I think it might be time for you to talk with her... and put the past behind us.'

Simon observed her nodding at his suggestion but could not tell if she really might contact Sara. He could only hope.

One Weeks Later...

'Shit... no... I don't believe this,' complained Danielle, while moodily entering the lounge with an open envelope in her hands.

Logan looked up from his cell phone as he sat on the couch, noting that she was reading the inside of a Christmas card.

'Still a bit early for cards, Danielle,' he remarked.

'It's a warning message from my sister, Laura,' she disclosed, before dramatically throwing herself down beside him. 'My parents want to visit me before Christmas. Apparently, Mom and Dad are looking forward to seeing Cassie again and, it seems, they're also eager to meet Simon and... even you.'

'Um, thanks for the afterthought, babe,' he acerbically stated. 'So, what's the problem exactly?'

She gazed at him with incredulity.

'Oh, poor naïve creature,' she said with faux empathy. 'He who knows nothing of the mysterious phenomena that is my parents.'

'They can't be all that bad, can they?' he uttered, doubtfully, while peering at her.

'I wouldn't describe them as bad, exactly,' she expounded. 'They're just a bit devoid of any sense of societal restraints, especially when it comes to naturism.'

'Erm... well, that's a worry,' he remarked, for want of a better response to her enigmatic statement.

'I swear, they use any excuse to get naked and will expect us to do the same,' she explained.

'No way, Danielle,' he objected. 'This is Simon's home, and he won't stand for your parents' bullshit.'

'Yes, but this is also Cassie's home and they know how to manipulate her,' she revealed. 'They pick their targets well and take no prisoners.'

'I'll take my chances at dodging their devious ploys,' he adamantly remarked.

'Never say I didn't try to warn you, my naïve one,' she mocked, before leaving the room.

'What the hell was all that about?' he muttered, before replying to a text from Sara Anders.

Three days later.

Cassie contemplated going to bed early for a change, as she sat alone in the spacious living area. Danielle and Logan were attending a concert, headlined by one of their favourite bands. Simon was on an overnight fishing trip with James Lanyard and his influential friends. She glanced again at her watch. It was still only 8:35pm. She felt bored rather than tired. When the phone sounded, she anticipated the call would be from Simon. She answered, while flicking the call to speakerphone.

'Hi, babe,' she said, 'are they biting yet?'

'I have no idea, nor do I care, Cassie,' replied Erin Lanyard with a chuckle. 'Silly men and their bloody fish. Listen, Fiona and I have decided to make an evening of it at one of the dives she frequents. Sounds like it could be fun. She suggested I phone you and ask if you're up for it. If so, I can ask the nice uber man to make a detour.'

'Um... I'm not sure...' she hesitated before making her spontaneous decision. 'Okay, I'll need ten minutes to get ready.'

'I'll make it fifteen for you,' said Erin, before ending the call.

Cassie rushed upstairs and had already divested most of her casual wear by the time she reached her closet. Luckily, she had showered earlier, so only needed to change into her standby emergency eveningwear, a short burgundy coloured satin dress with matching lace panties and heeled shoes. She clipped up her hair and applied the cosmetics, grabbed her clutch bag and was standing outside just as the cab arrived.

Upon getting into the vehicle, she identified a third familiar face looking back at her.

'Trent Jackson,' she gasped, recognising the handsome young man as another former student.

'Evening, Missus Lomas,' he said with a broad grin. 'Fiona asked me to come along as your escort for the night. The Olympus club is usually lady friendly, but you never know.'

'Erm... thank you, Trent,' said Cassie, smiling at the muscular younger man. 'As you're not in school any longer, you can address me as Cassie, okay?'

'Fine by me, Cassie,' he agreed.

She chatted with mother and daughter during the journey, catching up on their news since the dinner party.

'As you can see, we get along far better these days,' announced Erin. 'Thanks again for being such a good friend, Cassie. I do appreciate that you talked with my daughter but, although your attempt to spare my feelings was admirable, the sentiment was also misplaced.'

Cassie observed the woman's telling expression.

'You already suspected what she was doing.' Cassie stated, noting Erin's affirmative nod. 'Then, why pretend otherwise?'

'Because, at the time, we simply couldn't stand to be truthful with each other,' she disclosed. 'I needed someone to whom she could relate. Someone trustworthy to convey our concerns to her; a proxy parent if you like.'

'Thanks, Cass,' said Fiona, smiling at her. 'I really did appreciate our chat. A couple of days later, I decided to tell Mom what I was doing. Of course, she had already guessed what I was up to.'

'That's when I was inspired to be truthful with her,' declared Erin. 'I had often blamed myself for our children not getting along. The truth is they have different fathers. Neither of them knew that fact until recently, but James has always been aware Fiona isn't his child.'

'An affair?' Cassie enquired.

Erin laughed, 'No, not in the conventional sense, just carelessness on my part,' she said. 'James and I used to be swingers during the earlier part of our marriage. We loved the lifestyle in fact. Even after Harry was born, our libertine streak persisted. Then, a few years later, we opened our marriage again. James was away a lot on business. He saw no reason that I should be without a little company now and again. Anyway, during one particularly torrid relationship, I became pregnant. The man was very married. I never told him about my condition and just broke off our arrangement. James was extremely annoyed that I'd been so damned stupid, but he accepted the situation and the baby as his own.'

Cassie thought that Erin had made her confession about having an open marriage sound incredibly natural, as if it were perfectly commonplace for such arrangements to exist between committed couples.

'Have you and Simon ever dabbled with the idea an open marriage?' Fiona casually enquired.

Cassie blushed slightly before answering her.

'We've had a threesome with another woman,' she admitted, 'but nothing more adventurous.'

Erin appeared sympathetic while smiling at her.

'Good for you both,' she uttered. 'No sense in rushing into these things without considering the possible consequences. Take it slow, that's my advice. Swinging isn't for most couples. Better to make the most of what you have.'

'What if... your husband had a fantasy of watching you with another man?' she tentatively asked.

'You mean Simon wants to see another man screw you,' she clarified.

'Yes,' she confirmed.

'Unless you can both treat the experience as a fun unromantic event, I'd advise against it.' Erin truthfully stated. 'You must both be able to mentally segregate the act of sex from lovemaking. Alternatively, if you're determined to do it anyway, you should seek old hands at the game to avoid emotional complications.'

Cassie's felt shocked by her friend's unexpected candour. There was obviously more to Erin Lanyard than she or Simon had anticipated.

The Club.

After arriving at the club, which Erin was correct to describe as a dive, Cassie followed the others to a booth where they ordered drinks. While waiting for the order, she had time to observe the club's dingy interior and throng of younger people gyrating to the loud music upon the dancefloor. She retrieved her cell from her bag and quickly texted Simon, telling him of her unforeseen excursion to the Olympus Club.

'Trent, you want to dance?' yelled Fiona, for her voice to carry over the music.

He shook his head, 'Maybe later,' he loudly replied.

As the drinks arrived, Cassie watched Fiona proceed to the dance floor alone. The ankle boots, her short skirt and sleeveless blouse she wore drew the immediate attention of a clutch of predatory males. A group of young people, especially men, soon gravitated toward this attractive newcomer into their midst.

Cassie gestured with a hand for Trent to come closer.

'Fiona would appreciate some of you male escorting out there,' she told the younger man. 'Look out for her, Trent.'

He nodded in agreement and immediately stood before following Fiona onto the dancefloor.

Sitting beside her, Erin leaned in close, 'A little too noisily for my liking,' she said to Cassie, while they sipped their drinks. 'I must look a fright to these youngsters. I'm literally old enough to be their mother.'

Suddenly, as Erin complained about her lost youth, Cassie realised she was the only responsible adult among their party. Her agreeing to accompany them to this club, in the hope of a fun distraction, had been a mistake. She heard her phone ping and read the text from Simon.

'The Olympus? Big mistake, babe. Haven't been there in years. Full of horny teens and too many drugs these days. Watch your back as you leave. A.S.A.P. Contact me when you arrive home.'

His advice, although sound, did not help her in the present situation. She was back in teacher mode and felt responsible for her colleague and the nineteen-year-old couple.

'Goddamn my impulsive streak,' she angrily muttered, before gulping down her drink.

Two hours later, she had barely gulped down her fifth or sixth large cocktail before another young male asked her to dance. This time, she refused the youth. The club remained packed with people and the monotonous music was just as loud.

'I'm so hot,' she complained, perspiring profusely, only then noticing that Erin had fallen asleep in a corner of the booth. The previous dance had obviously been too much for her, Cassie mused, as Fiona and Trent approached her.

'I think we ought to take your mother home,' she suggested to Fiona, with a slight drunken inflection to her voice.

'The guys have asked us to demonstrate our sexy moves again,' said the young woman, ignoring her suggestion.

'Seems you and Fiona have become the lesbian floorshow here tonight, Cassie,' said Trent, grinning, as he perused her lovely slender legs.

For a moment, she wondered what the hell he was talking about. She then recalled having danced provocatively with her former student, but would never describe their movements as becoming too...

'Oh, wait a minute though...' she further recalled, as Fiona led her to the dancefloor.

Those around them cheered as they began their flirtatious dance. Cassie remembered the times when she and Sara Anders used to dance just as suggestively, during their nights out a few years before. They had even concocted a salacious dance routine to impress the guys and curious girls. Whilst reminiscing, she realised then how much she missed, but was determined to reclaim, the close friendship they had once shared.

She and Fiona were hungrily kissing again, after sliding their crotches up and down each other's sleek thighs. Cassie became aware that her dance partner's uninhibited vigorous display was turning her on. The heady combination of alcohol and lust caused her to grip Fiona's slim waist, as she orgasmed against the woman's bare thigh.

'I felt you come for me,' said Fiona, with a giggle. 'Maybe you're right. We should get my Mom home and sleep off our naughty exuberance.'

The Lanyard Residence. Later.

Trent had helped them get Erin to bed before Fiona accompanied Cassie to the bathroom. Without a thought, Cassie immediately divested her sweat-drenched clothes in front of her.

'Wow!' Fiona exclaimed, whilst perusing Cassie's alluring naked body. 'Immodest much?'

Cassie turned to her with a curious look.

'Oh, it's perfectly natural,' she said, dismissively. 'Get naked, Fiona. We might as well share a shower, especially after we've both become better acquainted with each other this evening.'

As she stripped, Fiona said, 'I never knew you were so broadminded, Cass.'

'Well, I am,' she confirmed, while stepping into the shower. 'Obviously not to the sexual extent of your parents, but I am a naturist. Or rather, was a naturist.'

Moments later she was enjoying the cascade of refreshing warm water coursing over her nakedness, whilst Fiona joined her.

'See, despite sleeping with clients of both sexes, I could never bring myself to walk about naked in front of strangers,' she reasoned.

Cassie laughed at her comment.

'Nonsense,' she said, dismissively. 'Judging by tonight's performance, you're a natural exhibitionist. I could tell you loved the attention.'

'Yeah, I guess we both put on quite a show,' she agreed, as Cassie began to soap her back.

'So, are you and Trent dating?' Cassie asked.

'Not so much dating, as occasional fuck-buddies,' she casually replied. 'To be honest, we were good friends throughout school and dated for a while. He's a really nice intelligent guy beneath his hunky exterior.'

'Sounds like you're both well-matched,' she remarked.

'We are, but my father disapproves of him,' she sadly disclosed. 'He claims that Trent just isn't our sort. For years, I thought my father meant that he disapproved because of Trent not being Jewish. His prejudice, it turns out, is worse than that and, yes, I do mean my father is a racist Trump supporter.'

Cassie was aghast to learn of James Lanyard's racial bias.

'Well, pay no heed to him,' she advised.

'I don't, and never will, when it comes to his white-power trip,' she assured Cassie. 'Then again, I owe him because of his acceptance of me as being his kid... when, as it turns out, I'm not.'

'Sorry.' Cassie whispered as she kissed the nape of Fiona's neck.

Fiona then turned around and smiled approvingly at Cassie's sensual gesture. The women embraced, their soapy breasts pressing together, as they kissed passionately.

'You have a gorgeous body.' Fiona panted into Cassie's mouth.

'We both do,' said Cassie, while running her hands up and down Fiona's slender back.

'Your breasts look and feel perfect,' said Fiona, openly admiring the firm, natural orbs of flesh.

Cassie was also admiring hers. 'Yours are just as delectable,' she rasped, before kissing each of the small nipples in turn. 'You're definitely wasted on those clients of yours.'

'Hey, they pay my bills,' she humorously remined her, adding, 'as much as I hate relying on the sleazebags for their wads of cash.'

'Speaking of clients,' said Cassie. 'Fiona, I meant to ask if we can work out a reasonable couples' rate for my husband and I, unless you have some objection to sleeping with us.'

1...456789