A Grandpa becomes a dad

Story Info
After tragedies grandpa takes over.
6.2k words
4.68
8.3k
12
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
olddave51
olddave51
213 Followers

A Grandpa becomes a dad

I'd like to thank kenjisato, again, for great editing and my friend Anaya for input. If you find any mistakes, it's probably something I did after editing.

Active sexual activity only involves characters over the age of eighteen. Any similarities to persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. Names have been changed to protect the innocent and my bank account.

A Grandpa becomes a dad

This is a story of how I became a single, widowed parent to my granddaughter at an early age. My name is Mike Phillips.

In high school, I met Mary. We became boyfriend and girlfriend, and we were inseparable. We graduated high school together, we married and within the year we had our son, Matthew. We fit college around Matt's birth, and we graduated together-- life was wonderful.

I was a middle-school math teacher, and Mary was a middle-school special education teacher. We even taught at the same school.

Mary had a dream of opening a learning center for special education students. A center that would take care of the different learning disabilities students have and give them independent learning experiences.

We taught for fourteen years, our love was very strong, and we never lost sight of Mary's dream.

Our sex life.

Mary and I had a very active sex life. After Matt was in bed, Mary and I would wash dishes and clean the house together. Mary would love to come up and grab my cock from behind. Mary's B-cup breasts were my kryptonite, and I would come up behind Mary fondle them or her ass, or sometimes, I'd slip my hand in her shorts and strum her clit like a guitar string. She would pretend it was not affecting her, but then she would turn around and give me a deep kiss, which would lead us to the bedroom.

With our sex life, nothing was off the table between us. We would watch soft porn and read erotic books to each other; we made love in the hot tub many times. We had a chair, in the bedroom, I called it the 'sex chair', that I had adjusted so that when I was on my knees, my dick was even with her pussy while she sat in the chair. We brought each other to climax almost at will.

Some nights, we would dedicate the whole night to one of us. On those nights, one of us was treated to TLC by the other.

One thing that Mary liked, was for me to loosely tie her arms and legs to our four-poster bed, spread eagle, and take her gyrating body to beyond the moon and back. She also liked to be fisted occasionally. We did have some really hot lovemaking sessions.

Grandparents?

As Matt graduated high school, he told us that he and Ashley, his girlfriend of four years, were pregnant. We talked with Ashley's foster parents, and it was a rather civil discussion; after all, Matt was eighteen. Ashley was eighteen and was aging out of the system at graduation. Matt immediately stepped up and took responsibility. We supported the kids one-hundred ten percent, and they got married.

When Ashley's time came to give birth, Mary drove to the hospital to support the young couple. I was coming from the other side of town after teaching an in-service at another middle school.

Mary, I love you.

Mary's car was hit by a drunk driver at about four in the afternoon! He was still on the clock for his company.

I had arrived at the hospital for my granddaughter's birth. While sitting in the maternity waiting room, I got a phone call from a policeman, telling me, "You need to get to the St. Luke's hospital emergency room."

I replied, "I am in St. Luke's maternity waiting room, I'll be there shortly."

As I arrived at the emergency room, I was escorted into an exam room. There was my lovely Mary, she was bandaged up with tubes and wires attached and machines beeping. Her eyes were closed. The emergency room doctor just looked at me with sad, defeated eyes. I came to her bedside and took a hold her hand.

She opened her eyes. "I am sorry, Mike. I love you."

I replied, "I love you so much." I knelt, and kissed her lips, not realizing that it would the last time I would kiss my loving, sweet Mary's lips alive.

The nurse moved me back, so they could attend to Mary. It was almost as if Mary had waited for me, so she could say goodbye.

It was at that time that the EKG machine started to emit the continuous high-pitched beep, signaling the stop of a beating heart-- the end of memories, and the beginning of grieving.

After about ten minutes, I heard the doctor say, "Time of death five-fifty-five PM."

I shuffled my way back to the maternity area. In a sad trance, I walked into the maternity waiting room.

Just then, Matt came through the doors and announced, "She's here, born at five-fifty-five."

My body crumpled to the floor.

My son rushed over to me. "Dad, are you okay?"

The only thing I could say was, "Your mother is dead."

I woke up in a hospital bed. The emergency room staff had sent a nurse to see how I was, and she found me right after I crumpled. She explained to all that my wife had died.

My son then had to take charge-- a new baby, a dad lying on the floor, and a mother that he'd never see alive again.

I was released two days later. Matt and Ashley took little Mary-- named after my Mary, grandma Mary-- and myself home. Matt and Ashley helped me arrange my Mary's funeral.

Mary's gravestone was engraved with: A LOVING WIFE, A LOVING MOTHER, AND A LOVING GRANDMOTHER, IN HEAVEN.

I knew I needed help, so I started seeing a psychologist. After all, Mary and I had been together twenty-four years from boyfriend and girlfriend in high school to almost grandparents. I saw the psychologist for three years. My life started to smooth out.

Monetarily.

I was able to sue the drunk driver and all the entities involved. I was not a legal person, but I had a great lawyer, Ellen Barrister, Esq.; what a name for a lawyer, and I received Mary's life insurance, and the money from the lawsuit solved any money problems I had, but it did not bring my Mary back. I wanted to honor Mary with the money.

That was when I started: The Mary Phillips's Learning Center, 'Make A Difference!'

I quit teaching public school, so I could dive into the learning center. As its director, I hired only the best teachers and staff. I applied for grants and funding from businesses and large companies in my area. I went 'hat in hand' to people who believed in education and wanted to see students excel. The learning center thrived; donations were good and being a 501(c)(3) charitable organization helped.

Within three years, it had the highest rating of any learning center in the state. I could not take all the glory; I just knew how to hire excellent staff! I was told my interviews were tough but refreshing. I almost got in trouble with the IRS for not paying myself a wage at the market rate for directors in my area, it was too low.

Matt and Ashley attended college and got their degrees in four years, thank God they had scholarships. They both got great jobs and their little family flourished.

After they had both been working almost one year, Ashley thought she was pregnant again. Ashley got an appointment and asked if I could watch little Mary. I loved watching her.

While I was home watching little Mary, I got a phone call from the police, telling me I needed to get to the emergency room as quickly as possible. I got an empty feeling in my stomach. It was like déjà vu.

What had happened, was an 18-wheeler with equipment problems, had blown through a red light and ended Mary's parents' lives in one fucking moment, just like that. I got little Mary into the car and drove the three miles to the hospital. As I entered, there were several volunteers; one took Mary's hand and a couple took me by the arms into a private waiting room. A chaplain and the sweetest-looking grandmother-type volunteer were there.

The hardest thing was telling Mary that mommy and daddy had gone to heaven.

I had a new job from starting right then, I had to be strong for my granddaughter. I was all Mary had.

I had to put the learning center on automatic. I had a great staff and parents were so wonderful.

Matt's and Ashley's Head stone said: THE TWO SHALL BE AS ONE, A MOMMY AND A DADDY, WHO LOVED THEIR LITTLE MARY

I took little Mary and myself to psychological counseling, as we both needed it.

After months, we started to bring ourselves back to our 'new' normal. I read many bedtime stories. We took walks. We held each other. I was back going to 'work' at the learning center five days a week. My hours were geared to Mary's pre-school later grade school hours. We went to the zoo so many times, that Mary could recite the zoo guide's speech by heart.

Lawyers again.

Having gone through the hell of my Mary's death, I knew what I had to do to protect my beautiful granddaughter's interests. I contacted Ellen Barrister Esq. again. She now had her child in the learning center and had told me she liked the school.

The trucking company did not want the publicity of not taking care of an orphan!...Two parents both working, having a young child and Ashley was pregnant! Ellen said that the payoff from the lawsuit would be so high that she would not charge the normal fees because it was a slam dunk with very little footwork. The story did make the papers and the television news. It still did not bring my little Mary's parents back.

It was a slam dunk!

All the legal stuff was taken care of; I was named Mary's guardian, and trustee over a large trust fund for Mary, and I was given a settlement also. All this added to what I had received from my Mary's accident. Little Mary and I were set for life and maybe for my great-grandchildren's lives, too.

As time went on, my social life was Mary and the learning center. For Mary, it was one school event after another-- Dance classes, she played 'powder puff' sports: basketball, softball, Volleyball and I played chauffeuring.

Mary and I settled into family life.

Because I made my own hours as the director, I could help Mary's teachers by being a room dad (like a room mother). I baked cookies, cupcakes, picked up juice boxes, chaperoned field trips and helped with field day. I met several of the mothers of Mary's classmates. Most were great mothers; in most cases, I was at least fifteen to twenty years older than them, I'd have to say a couple showed some interest in me but seemed like gold diggers. I just couldn't think of any kind or relationship, while I took care of Mary.

I made sure Mary did well in her schooling. I got her to her middle-school years.

Mary's BFF.

Mary made many friends, but there was one who stood out among the group. Her name was Debbie. Mary had asked if she could have Debbie stay over some night. I told Mary to give Debbie's mom my number, so that we could talk about it.

Two days later, I got a phone call from Debbie's mother, Ms. Parker. She wanted to come over and see our place. It did not phase me because I had a maid service come in twice a week.

The momma interview.

We made an 'appointment' for Monday, while the girls were at school. I set out cookies, coffee, tea, and a couple of bottles of water on my coffee table. I set my music to soft elevator music. Hey, I am civilized!

At eleven that morning, the doorbell rang. I opened the door-- I was astonished, and momentarily speechless. What stood before me was a goddess. Standing five-foot-seven, in a navy-blue pencil skirt and blazer, over a very feminine, white blouse, she had her blonde hair perfectly coiffed in a cute ponytail; her teeth sparkled, her lips were radiant, and you could dive into her blue eyes. The curves I could see were in the right places. She looked maybe in her early thirties.

I swept my hand in a beckoning manor, and I invited her in. I led her to my couch and told her to have a seat. I pointed to the refreshments and asked her to enjoy.

She said, with a smile, "I expected some young, divorced dad."

I smiled. "No, all you get is a young, forty-six-year-old grandfather, and call me Mike. Ms. Parker, Mary tells me that Debbie is her best friend."

"Mike, please call me April. And I am a thirty-nine-year-old mom."

"Wow! You don't look it!"

"Mike, you are so kind."

"Okay, April, what would you like to know, and do you want a tour of 'Casa Phillips'? By the way, I want to know the answers to the same questions you are going to be asking me."

"Well, Mike, where do you work?"

"I own The Mary Phillips's Learning Center."

"Oh, named after Mary?" Again, with a small smile.

"No, my late wife. Little Mary is named after my late wife."

"And where do you work, April?"

"I own Parker Home & Office Cleaning and Custodial Services."

"Wow, that's who I use both here and at the learning center."

"I know, I guess I should have told you right away."

"How long have you owned it?

"Since the divorce, my ex had to give it to me in the divorce; we had owned it together. When I had Debbie, she was kind of an 'oops'. I got an infection and the antibiotics messed with my birth-control pills. He never wanted children. When I found out I was pregnant, I decided I wanted to keep her.

While I was pregnant, he cheated on me. He got our receptionist drunk and high and had outrageous sex with her. She came up pregnant. He paid for her abortion and then fired her! She told me everything and was my witness for the divorce. Since he basically had sex with her under the influence (without her permission), I forgave her and rehired her. I had a great lawyer! He still pays child support through the nose. The only bad thing is that he does not even try to see Debbie at all."

"Wow, remind me to never have a legal case against you."

"No, that would be a conflict of interest. My lawyer is Ellen Barrister, Esq."

"Wow, what a small world."

My place.

"Okay, you want to see the house?"

"Okay, Mike."

"First, we have the TV-slash-game room; the girls will most likely sleep here with the TV and a PlayStation... I think it is a... PS5. What Mary wants; Mary gets... within reason!

"Then right off the that room we have the kitchen. I watch the sweets. And I will fix healthy, kid-friendly meals. Here is the den; all of the pictures of my family are in here."

I showed her the pictures of my Mary, Matt, and Ashley. Pictures of Little Mary and me at the zoo, at the movies, Disneyland, the beach, snow play area, camping, and fishing (Mary baiting her own hook). As always, I got a little quiet, I would usually have something in my eye whenever I looked at the pictures of my departed loved ones.

"Okay, here is Mary's room," I said, as I opened her door to show the princess-canopy bed, her doll collection, and all of the teen idol posters she now had on her walls, hiding my beautiful paint job. Her walls were a pastel pink if I remember.

As I turned to return to the living room, I pointed down the hall. "And down the hall is my room."

"Oh, show me."

"If you are trying to see what kind of mess I have in there, your maid was here this morning."

"No, I just want to know..."

"Okay, here is my master suite. King-size bed, it came in handy during thunderstorms when Mary was little and still does; look up, there is the skylight to watch the thunderstorms. I have his and hers closets. I only use one. The bathroom has double sinks, a large shower with a rain shower head and a handheld head, a soaking tub and access to the hot tub-enclosed area, on the deck."

"Okay, I have seen enough. Do you have anything stronger than coffee?"

"No. I do not drink."

"Good, that was the last test question," she said, with a chuckle.

"Well, how about we have the sleepover on Friday?" I enquired. "If you want to bring her over any time after Mary gets home. Or better yet, stop over during the day and drop off Debbie's 'sleepover stuff', and she can take the bus home with Mary."

"Mike, you'd do anything to make Mary happy!" she observed.

"Well, I am all she has AND she is all that I have."

We sat down in my living room and continued to chat, laughing about single parenting's 'tempest-in-a-teacup' problems.

What a grandpa can't do.

As we talked, I asked, "I do have a BIG problem, maybe you could help me? I don't think Mary has started that 'girl stuff' and I am not sure what to do. I do have some of my own embarrassing questions; I raised a boy. Girls, hell, I don't know jack shit what to do, what to say, what I need to buy. Help!"

April began to laugh. "Mike, do you need a woman's touch on this matter?"

"Yes, yes, yes! Hey, I'll buy dinner for you if you do it for me."

"Okay. I'll do it Wednesday. Where will dinner be?" April asked with a twinkling in her eyes.

"Well not McDonalds!" I promised. "How about we take the girls to that rotating restaurant downtown? We can do it the night of the sleepover. Heck, I can put you up in the guest room if you want to sleep over, too. I'll even cook breakfast."

"You sure know how to turn a woman's head. I think a sleepover will be fun."

What, is this high school again?

We started texting the next morning.

April texted me first. We started to text each other about nothing and everything. I didn't think I got any work done the whole week. Then we started to text personal feelings without knowing it. After two days of texting, we started to call each other after the girls went to bed. I had to dust off my flirting lines; after all, I hadn't flirted since I was thirteen or fourteen years old.

At night, April was in my dreams. I dreamed of holding her. Of kissing her neck, caressing her body. I woke up with a hard-on many times, and I had morning wood; hell, I thought that had passed me at forty!

Dinner.

We took the elevator to the top where the restaurant was. Mary had on a new dress that I had bought her just for this night. April had done the same for Debbie. I had picked up a small corsage for both girls; I even got April a flower for her hair.

When we got to our table, I pulled out April's chair, and the maître d' held the girls' chairs. I could not believe it, as the two girls had been chatterboxes in the car, but once in the restaurant, they turned into perfect princesses and sat quietly enjoying the aura of the setting.

One thing-- both girls did not look twelve anymore. With their new dresses, nice hairdos and the little makeup that April had supervised them putting on, wow! I saw a couple of high-school boys damn near drooling when we walked by. It took just one look from me to get the little horny bastards to stop looking at our girls. Hey, I was one of those horny bastards once, so I knew what was on their minds.

After dinner, we took a stroll on the Riverwalk. The girls just giggled and almost skipped along, but remember they had new dresses on. As we walked, I took a hold of April's hand. She smiled at me and kept a hold of my hand. When we got back to the car, both girls gave me a hug that would have killed a lesser man. When we got home, the girls set up the game room with extra pillows, extra blankets, and a soda or two that they had snuck out of the kitchen.

As we left the girls, I asked April if she would like to spend time in the hot tub, she said she didn't bring a bathing suit. I told her I had a couple of shirts and shorts she could wear if she wanted to have the magic bubbles caressing her body. She said OKAY. After I gave her, the 'tub wear', I went to my room to put on my swimsuit.

When I opened my bedroom door, there she was just as cute as a bug, waiting to spend some time with me in my hot tub. I took her hand like at the Riverwalk, and we walked through my bedroom and out to the hot tub. I stepped into the tub and held my hand out to help her in. As we sat down, we were engulfed by the caressing jets of water and bubbles in the tub. We sat together, I put my arm around her shoulders, and she laid her head on my chest.

olddave51
olddave51
213 Followers
12