All Comments on 'A Grandpa becomes a dad'

by olddave51

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
DruisiuilDruisiuil5 months ago

Small thing that probably only bugs me, 47 year old grandpa with 12 year-old granddaughter whose parents were 18 adds up to being a dad at 17

BlueFox007BlueFox0075 months ago

Thank you for a lovely, loving story. Five stars.

AccelarVesterAccelarVester5 months ago

I loved the story but the writing, IMHO, was a little stilted. 4*

olddave51olddave515 months agoAuthor

Since I didn't describe the sex I figured I could slip it by, that the two graduated at 17 and married.

I was 17 when I graduated from high school. My parents asked me If I was thinking of marring my girlfriend. I thought about it, lucky I did she cheated on me. But that maybe will be in another story I'll make sure they are 18 if I describe any intimate information.

DwarfLord50DwarfLord505 months ago

I really enjoyed the premise of this story. I like the whole “found” family idea. I did have some problems with the writing style. The interactions between the MC and April let us get to know them. For the rest of the story, we were just told what happened. There’s little emotion or character development. All in all, it was a fun read.

Magic_CapMagic_Cap5 months ago

The plot is good and promising, but the way the story is told is almost too real to be fiction ! It lacks all the little embellishments and details. Especially emotionally, in terms of the feelings of the characters, the description seems very reserved to me - just as someone would tell it if it were his own story ... !

Nevertheless, it's a good one!

4/5 stars from my side!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc5 months ago

The scene where he raced to the hospital to attend to his granddaughter’s birth and wife’s death was really well done. I had tears in my eyes over the fictional loss. Story got a little clunky in the middle but finished well. 4.6*

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

So sweet this old guy cried

The Hoary Cleric

Definitely a must read

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Tragedy and pathos into a loving family that begets loving families. How blessed is that?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

So if a 46 year old man who owns a business and is raising his granddaughter had alcohol in his house he would've failed her test? Someone likes to over virtue signal in their stories.....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Again, why we're the girls wearing sheer babydolls? Just another reason for empty virtue signaling? It's so unnecessary and strange

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userolddave51@olddave51
Non-Drinker, Non-Smoker, Non-drug user At my age I have experienced a lot with love and intimacy. I plan to write about it. With more than two ex-wives and a few Girl Friends. Most of my stories have some truth to them. I tend to use some of the same behaviors, actions in my...

SIMILAR Stories