A Halloween Hunt

Story Info
Searching for my Queen on Halloween.
7.5k words
4.73
4.3k
4
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story was intended to be my entry into the Halloween Contest. Unfortunately, life intervened and it didn't get done in time. It does refer to and use characters from my story "A Dance to Remember" but reading it is not necessary. This is a standalone story. Enjoy! 😊

"Hello?" I said as I opened the door into Alex's house. Alex was short for Alexandra. We had been dating for most of the past year and she had given me permission to just enter as long as her kids weren't home. If they were home, I at least knocked. They were still getting used to the fact that mom was dating, let alone having a steady boyfriend. This was even though I probably spent at least half of every week at her place.

"Hello?" I said again. No answer. There is a feel to a house that is empty. And this house felt empty. I had come through the garage. Alex's blue Mercedes was still parked there. Wherever she was, she hadn't driven there. I walked into the kitchen. There was a note sitting on the counter for me. I sat my overnight bag down and opened it.

Go back to the bedroom, it read.

I raised an eyebrow at that, wondering what she had planned. Tonight was Halloween on Canton Street. Canton Street was the main strip of bars and restaurants in town. It was the place where we ate, drank and played ever since we started dating. Alex told me that she already had our costumes picked out. When I tried to press for details, she just grinned and told me to trust her. For the next week, she managed to keep mum about whatever she had planned. I thought that was impressive since Alex absolutely sucks at keeping secrets. Her brutal and uninhibited honesty was one of the things that I adored about her. Along with her lack of inhibitions in a lot of other areas...

I grabbed my bag and went to the bedroom. Laid out on the bed was what looked like a set of leather armor, black trousers and calf high leather boots. A plastic costume broadsword was set next to the armor shirt. On top of the armor was a wooden "Thor's Hammer" amulet and another envelope. I dropped my bag again and opened the second envelope.

This is your costume for the evening. Wear this and ONLY this (and I mean it!). If you hurry, Uhtred of Bebbenburg might find his queen holding court in her usual castle. But you must hurry, your queen commands it.

I looked over the costume again. We were both huge fans of the Netflix show, The Last Kingdom. The costume was a reasonable facsimile of Uhtred's outfit from the show. The plastic sword was a little cheesy, but I got it. The bars of Canton Street would probably not appreciate me walking around with a real sword.

If I was to be Uhtred, who was to be my queen? Uhtred had a lot of women over the course of that show (even more in the books the show was based on) but the reference to "my queen" made me think that Alex was going as Aethelflaed, the princess of Wessex, the Lady of Mercia and one of the great loves of Uhtred. In the books, Aethelflaed was described as a "Lady of Gold", and I thought that description fitted Alex perfectly. Her blonde hair, blue eyes and athletic body would make her the vision of a warrior queen. Alex might even make a better Aethelflaed than Millie Brady, the actress who played her on the show - whom Alex and I both thought was hot.

I started getting dressed. The first thing I noticed was that there was no underwear laid out for me. That, combined with the admonition in the note, convinced me that Alex intended me to go commando. I shucked my underwear and pulled on the pants. They were some sort of cotton blend that clung to my ass and thighs but still left room for my cock and balls to breathe. There was also a button up fly that I was certain would offer her "easy access" should she want it. Giving "easy access" was almost a running joke between us, given the times we'd fucked in the backs of cars or on a beach, or the blowjob on the balcony...

I got my mind back on the issue at hand. Then pants may not have been costume accurate, but they were certainly comfortable. I appreciated Alex's choice in that. I couldn't say the same about the boots. They were cheap costume leather. The layout didn't include socks, but I put some on anyway. I had been an infantryman in the US Army, and I was very particular about my feet. I was pretty sure that Alex would forgive this one deviation from her instructions.

There was a black T-shirt for me. Again, not very authentic but it was just there to keep the leather of the of armor from scratching me. I put it on and then slipped the armor jerkin over the top. All in all, it wasn't too bad. I went into the bathroom and checked myself out in the mirror. I didn't have the long hair the actor in the show had (nor did I have the hairline for it) but the rest of me looked like the TV version of a medieval warrior. The costume showed off the muscles of my legs and chest while still making me look "battle ready". I went back out and picked up the plastic sword. It came with a belt and a scabbard. Uhtred wore his sword on his back in the show, so I went with that look. I lengthened the belt and slung it over my back, so the hilt poked over my right shoulder.

Then I called for an Uber. Fortunately, the pants had pockets for my phone.

It was just before 8pm when I arrived on Canton Street. I texted Alex that I was on my way, but she hadn't answered. I guess she really did want me to hunt her down. The sidewalks were already full of people moving from bar to restaurant to bar. One of the things that fascinated us about Canton Street was the mix of people. There were college kids, professionals and even a smattering of retirees. There were bored housewives looking for excitement and stressed-out fathers looking to blow off steam. They all came to Canton Street to play - and they often came to play with each other.

Loyal Tavern stood close to the south end of Canton Street. If there was any place that could be said to be Alex's "court", this was it. Loyal Tavern was the home of the cheapest wine pour on Canton Street. Well... it was the same price per glass, it was just that Loyal's pour was a lot heavier than it was anywhere else. At least it was for Alex...

But she wasn't there. Loyal's bar was a horseshoe shape with the bottom of the U to the left of the door and booths to the right. About a third of the people in the bar were in some form of costume. But none were a blonde woman dressed as a queen.

"Can I get you anything... my lord?" The girl behind the bar was dressed as a faerie. Her blonde hair was teased out in an almost 80's style cloud. She was wearing what looked like a green, one-piece swimsuit that clung alluringly to her tight, young frame. It was complimented by green fishnet stockings, green Converse sneakers and glittering faerie wings. She had also painted red, green and blue faerie wings along her eyes.

"Harriet?" I asked. The girl curtsied in response. Harriet was a familiar bartender to us here at Loyal. She had made no secret of her fascination with and attraction for Alex. We were still trying to decide what we wanted to do, if anything, about that. Those discussions had fueled quite a lot of late-night fantasies.

"I'm looking for," I hesitated for a moment and then smiled, "...my queen."

Harriet smiled back at me. One of the questions we had about Harriet was what she thought about me. I read people for a living. Hell, I teach people how to do that, but Harriet seemed to make a game of trying to befuddle me every time we interacted. "Your queen is not here, My Lord," she said and then smirked. "Buuutt... you just might find her next door. If you are quick on your feet."

I nodded. "Well, who am I to refuse the advice of the Faerie Court."

Harriet laughed. "You know if you do, you could be cursed." She tapped the beer taps.

"When I return, I will pay proper homage to the queen of the taps," I said.

"See that you do!" Harriet said pointedly.

I stepped back out onto the sidewalk. The press of people was flowing back and forth. I received a few compliments on my costume though most didn't recognize me as Uhtred. Most called me "Conan" or "King Arthur" or "Aragorn". I was honestly OK with that, especially when the commenter was a scantily clad woman. I really wanted to be sitting at one of the sidewalk tables and enjoying this attention, but I wanted to be doing that with Alex. That meant I needed to get on with my search.

The Salt Factory Pub was bar right next to Loyal. If Alex wasn't holding court at Loyal, then Salt would have been my second choice. The wine pour wasn't quite as heavy as it was at Loyal, but the food was better. Whether we ended up at Loyal or Salt was almost a mood choice for us and that is without considering the nights we ended up at both.

I walked inside. Alex normally preferred the outside tables, but she wasn't sitting at any of them. That left the bar as the next option. The inside was all dark woods. The bar ran alongside the left-hand side of the restaurant while was reserved for tables. There were fewer costumes here because Salt was more restaurant than bar but those that were here were concentrated around the bar. Sure enough, there was a queen holding court.

But it wasn't Alex.

Cassie was Alex's best friend. She was on her way out of a passionless marriage and was now coming back to life. She was a tall, willowy blonde in her late 40's who was just rediscovering how attractive she still was. She was dressed in a flowing yellow dress that cinched just below her breasts and she had a crown in her neck length blonde hair. She was currently "rediscovering" how attractive she was with Carl, a waiter who worked at Salt and easily 15 years younger than she was. With the way Carl had his arm wrapped around her waist, he obviously did not care about the age difference. The play between Carl and Cassie had been going on for the better part of a month. The question Alex and I had was what Carl's girlfriend thought about his antics with Cassie.

Cassie gave me a hug when she saw me walk in. I gave her a very chaste hug back. She was so close to being family she might as well have been a blood relative. "Hi!" she told me. "Very nice Uhtred outfit!"

"Thank you! You're the first to recognize it!" I replied. Cassie had started The Last Kingdom on my suggestion and binge watched all 5 seasons. Cassie was the one who got Alex watching it.

Carl came up behind her, wrapped his arm around her and pulled her back into him. His floppy brown hair made him look even younger than his early 30's. Salt wasn't letting their employees dress up for Halloween. He was dressed in the red shirt and blue jeans that served as a uniform. His hand was resting just below the bottom curve of Cassie's breast.

To the best of my knowledge, Cassie and Carl had never even kissed, let alone had sex. She wasn't quite finished with her divorce and wanted to save herself for when it was finished. I found myself wondering just how much longer she was willing to wait. Carl leaned his head into hers. "I've got to get back at it," he told her. To my ears, there was an unspoken "babe" at the end of that statement. I wondered if Cassie heard it. Carl had been getting more and more possessive of Cassie. I had seen him act that way in front of his own girlfriend.

"And I need to find MY queen," I said. "If for no other reason so that I can finally get a beer."

"I can get you a roadie." Carl offered. Plastic to-go cups of booze were allowed on Canton Street.

"Thanks, but that would just delay me," I told him. "Every message I've gotten says that I need to hurry."

"And you should," Cassie said and took a sip of her white wine. "Especially if you are going to get all the way Ireland and find the Witch."

"The Witch? In Ireland?" I asked.

"Yep," Cassie confirmed with a tone of amusement. "That is what I was told to tell you."

"All right then," I said. "Milady, I thank you for your guidance and I will resume my quest."

"Good Luck," Cassie said with an almost evil looking grin.

I stepped back out onto the sidewalk. The night was cooling but not quite cold yet. We were getting one last gasp if Indian summer here in Georgia. That had one pleasant side effect. Of all the people wearing costumes tonight, I would guess that most of them were women. The warm weather helped encourage those women to wear the "sluttier" versions of their costumes. There was a delightful array of skin on display. Tonight was going to make for some incredible people watching, but I needed to find Alex first.

"Get all the way to Ireland" could only mean Mac McGee's, Canton Street's Irish Pub. You would think, with my predilection for Guinness, that Mac McGee's would have been a regular spot for us. It just wasn't. I couldn't tell you why. It was decent enough bar, and they poured a decent pint of Guinness. We did have another Irish bar that we really liked, it just wasn't on Canton. I guess we just had so many other places that we liked, we just never seemed to make it here.

The bar itself was a bright red building that certainly stood out on Canton Street. The entrance was a couple of steps downstairs from the sidewalk. The bar itself was brightly lit, with tan walls and dark wooden furniture. It certainly felt Irish as soon as you walked in the door. Tables were scattered around the floor and high-backed booths lined the walls. The bar had two levels. The main bar on the ground floor and a seating area with a balcony up top. It was right by the stairs that I found my Witch.

Megan.

Alex and I had met Megan at Rockin' Taco, the big bar at the end of Canton Street that had live music every weekend. She was in her late twenties, with long dark hair and porcelain skin. When we had met her, she was there with a guy who was considerably older than her and not paying her any attention. Alex had certainly gotten her attention. Megan took Alex out onto the dance floor and then surprised Alex by kissing her after they were done. Alex had told me that she had threesome once before she was married. Now that she was free and looking to experience, she was open to the idea again. I, being a red-blooded man, said I was certainly down with the idea. I just didn't expect it to actually happen.

Megan's kiss changed all that. Alex and I invited her over to Alex's house that night. Megan was happy to drop her deadbeat date. Alex and I spent the rest of that night sharing her between us, using her, pleasuring her, letting her use and pleasure us. It was an intense night and something that featured regularly in our fantasy life since. There just hadn't been a repeat. This was the first time I had even seen Megan since that night.

She was dressed in an Elvira style dress, the black cloth an intense contrast next to her creamy white skin. The dress was open from her collarbone to her navel and both sides were slit up to her hips. She was wearing black high heel shoes that strapped up her calf and tied off just below her knee. She was talking to a guy her age who was not in costume. Sandy haired, stubble jawed, he was in shape without carrying too much muscle. He was dressed in salmon colored T-shirt and jeans. He was the kind of pretty boy that was all too common here on Canton. Megan's eyes widened when she saw me.

"Alan!" she exclaimed. She threw her arms around my neck and pushed her body up against mine. I almost thought she was coming in for a kiss but thankfully she didn't. There were some things that I didn't want to explain to Alex. I was still trying to control myself but there was nothing chaste about the way I hugged her back. My hands still remembered the feel of her and so did my cock. I was starting to get hard. I mentally cursed the leather jerkin I was wearing since it kept me from feeling her tits pressed against me. "You found me! She told me you would," Megan said into my chest.

"She did, did she?"

"Yup," Megan said. "Can you give me just a moment?"

"Sure," I said.

Megan walked back to the guy she was talking to. I couldn't hear what was being said over the buzz of people in the room. The guy was looking at me suspiciously. He did eventually nod, but the suspicion never went away. Megan placed a consoling finger against his lips. She came back to me. "Follow me," she said and took my hand.

We went upstairs. "Who's the guy?" I asked.

"Just some cute guy who was brave enough to come talk to me," she said. "You'd think I'd be beating the off with a stick dressed like this."

"You are kind of intimidating," I told her.

"You're not intimidated," she countered.

"I've seen what you are... barely... hiding."

Megan laughed. "Yes, you have," she said with a wink.

There were more booths upstairs. Megan found an unoccupied one and shoved me into a corner. "Sit... my lord," she commanded with a mischievous tone.

"What are we doing here?" I asked.

Megan slid in next to me. Very close. "I have to test you," she said. "Make sure you followed all of her instructions."

I felt my heart start beating faster. "How are you going to do that?"

"Like this." She reached under the table and rested her hand on my lap. My cock was getting even harder now. She popped the button holding the fly on my pants closed. "You DID follow her instructions. Good for you."

Her hand wrapped around my naked cock, and I felt myself grow to fill it. She started stroking me back and forth. "What... what about the guy downstairs?" I gasped. I was aware that this was a VERY public place and I was trying not to let my reaction show.

"I might let him fuck me, if he plays his cards right," she said with. She rubbed her thumb around my tip, smearing my precum. Then she leaned in close. "But I really want you and Alex to fuck me again. Do you know how often I touch myself thinking about that night?"

"Fuck, Megan," I said. Her hand was cool and soft on me. I felt the pleasure rising fast... too fast. I gripped her wrist. "Stop," I said. "I can't do this without Alex."

Megan smiled. "And now you pass the second test." She took her hand out of my pants and then seductively sucked my precum off her thumb. "Just like I remember," she said with a smile that was almost orgasm inducing by itself. "You can take a moment to... adjust yourself. She said that you could find her where you watch the crowd and... choose the slain." Megan got up and went back downstairs.

I let out a low breath, willing my erection to go back down. The cotton pants I was wearing weren't going to do much to contain it. I really hoped my precum wasn't leaving a wet spot I'd have a hard time concealing.

I focused on what "where you watch the crowd" meant. Usually, that meant any of the sidewalk tables along Canton Street. Between here and Salt, I had passed any table we might normally sit at. I could go back and check them, but I didn't think that was what Alex intended. This was a specific spot I was being guided to.

Next to Mac McGee's was Gate City brewing. They had two places. The Artillery Room which was on Canton Street itself and the actual brewery which was right behind Rockin' Taco. The Artillery Room had a patio in the back that overlooked the back lot of Gate City. This was where the brewery would hold concerts, cornhole tournaments or other events. It was also where the brewery had its tasting room. We had stood at the railing and watched the crowd below us on several occasions. One of our favorite games was "who's getting laid?" when we watched the crowd. Choosing of the slain indeed.

I went back downstairs. Megan and her boy were nowhere in sight. I was thankful for that. I had just gotten my erection under control and a look from her might have been enough to bring it back right then. I needed to find Alex. Something in that last clue told me I was near the end.

The crowd in Gate City was much more evenly split between the costumed and the un-costumed. I saw pirates, superheroes, sexy vampires, ugly zombies and everything in between. There were a few queens and princesses, but none were Alex.

12