A Healing Love

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

In the morning, Tessa made coffee. She was sitting on the sofa when Mark got up. "Good Morning. There is coffee in the kitchen."

Mark poured himself a cup of coffee and sat by her. He kissed her and waited to see what she had to say about last night.

"You're a magnificent lover." Tessa stated.

"No, darling. That is you. I just scurried to keep up."

Tessa laughed. "Did you have a good time?"

"I had the best time. Don't you know that? Tessa," he said seriously. "At the risk of sounding like a school boy, are we exclusive?"

Tessa smiled. "No, Mark. I have three other widowers from other support groups I've been seeing. Silly, of course we arel At least on my end. What about you?"

"We're exclusive. I've never played the field...I wouldn't know how. Are your breasts alright. I was a little rough with them last night."

Tessa pulled her shirt up and checked them over. "They seem okay."

Mark set their coffees down. "You'd better let me examine them, just to make sure."

Mark pushed her back onto the sofa and pulled her shirt up. He took the palm of his hand and massaged the whole breast. And then he examined each nipple thoroughly with fingers, lips and mouth. He had them both standing tall and proud. Then, he proceeded to suckle each nipple.

"Dr. Brennen, what is your conclusion?"

"That you have the most beautiful breasts I've ever seen. I was rough in other areas as well. Perhaps, I should examine them too?"

"You're the doctor." She said in a sultry voice. "Do what you think is best."

Mark lifted her bottom up as he examined her vulva. He licked her clit and did a digital exam. "Oh my, your cunt seems to be especially creamy and full."

"Oh, doctor. That is because I have this young stud who is trying to breed me and impregnate me. He tried several times last night."

"Do you think it worked?"

"I think he did create something in me. Deeper feelings for him."

While he had her bottom pulled up to his face, he pressed his lips to her labia. She smelled and tasted wonderful. He licked her clit and sucked it. It was then that the front door opened. It was Noah and Ian. They looked stupefied. The door was quickly closed. After a few seconds, a car squeeled down the road.

They both dissolved into laughter.

"I'll bet my son never walks in again without knocking. You should have seen their faces. It was like something out of a horror show. It felt like slow motion. By the time I saw them, the door was slammed."

"How should we handle this?"

"My guess, is that we won't have to. They both know about the birds and bees and they know there is something between us. They aren't going to care. It's Janet's reaction that I worry about."

"Do you think Ian will tell her?"

"I would think so. Why don't you wait and see if she brings it up with you."

Tessa lowered herself down. "I'm going to get a quick shower. Do you want to eat on leftovers or go out for brunch."

"Leftovers. I love them."

"Do you want me to throw your clothes in the wash?"

"Well, I would need to be naked for a few hours while they washed and dried."

"Win win."

Tessa threw his clothes in the wash with some of hers. She stepped in the shower and Mark joined her. They suds each other up and explored each other's body with soapy hands.

"As much as I'd love to show you my blow job skills, I'm hungry. I have Jason's robe, if it wouldn't bother you."

"No. It doesn't bother me."

They sat at the kitchen island and ate from the contains of left overs. "I love stuffing. And your turkey came out so moist and tender."

"Thank you. It was a wonderful meal and a wonderful day....and night."

Tessa kissed him in response. "I think that it came together beautifully. As did we last night."

"This cranberry dish is delicious. I need the recipe."

Tessa's face changed.

"Or I could just have you make it for me."

"I'd be happy to."

"Hey, we're did you go?"

"I'm just not good at the dating thing. Seemed like you were planning to make the cranberry salad after we broke up."

Mark held her. "I'm not going anywhere. It was a thoughtless thing to say. I'm sorry."

"It's fine. I'm just out of practice."

"Come on." Mark led her to the couch and pulled her down onto his lap. "Sweetheart, I want nothing more than to tie you to me and never let you go. But, I know we are still changing and getting over our grief. I am afraid that in that growth, we will grow apart. Do you have any doubt, after last night, that I want to be with you?"

"Okay. Fair enough. Come on. Let's finish eating."

When they ate the pumpkin pie, Mark squirted whipped cream on top. Mark took the can, opened Tessa's robe and squirted it on her nipples. Then he proceeded to Lick it off. He was getting excited from the play.

Tessa got up and said, "Follow me. Lay down on the bed." Mark did as told. Tessa crawled up between his legs and took his cock into her mouth. At first she sucked the head and teased its underside with her tongue. Mark moaned. She sucked down one side and up the other. She slowly sucked his cock into her mouth as much as she could. He had a large cock, so try as she might, she couldn't put it all in her moth. With his cock in her mouth, she sucked with varying intensities of suction. He was starting to undulate. She continued to suck and sucked until he came in her mouth.

"Oh, God, Tessa. I take back what I said earlier. We should elope today and the hell with he kids."

"No. no. We've already traumatized them. We should see this through."

"Looking down at you with my cock in your mouth was amazing. I've never had someone who loved to do that. You, my dear, are a treasure."

"Kiss me while I still have your taste in my mouth."

They kissed and kissed and made promises with their lips that they were afraid to speak.

The following week at group, Debbie brought brownies. The group talked about how Thanksgiving went and what some of the pitfalls were. They also talked about how to prepare for Christmas. Connie told the group that it is not important for everyone to keep holiday traditions the same as they were when their loved ones were alive.

She reminded them to drive separately just in case they needed to leave a gathering early. The holidays were bound to bring up memories, grief and flashbacks. She said that they were to treat themselves gently. Don't feel compelled to do all the activities they were invited to. "Your energy may be drained since you are dealing with grief. You should allow yourselves to not do all the little things you used to.

Mark had started to sit beside Tessa in the meetings. It made it harder to see his reactions, but Tessa enjoyed his presence and the scent of him next to her. Group members were speculating about the relationship, but Mark and Tessa didn't care to keep it secret anymore. In fact, if they hit grief issues in the relationship, perhaps the group could help.

At the cars, Mark and Tessa talked. "Have you talked to Janet since Thanksgiving?"

"Yes, we talked on the phone last night. She said that Ian had told her that he and Noah walked in on something between you and me."

"And?"

"She said that we didn't have to try to hide our relationship. They thought that there was more when they were invited to your house for Thanksgiving. They picked up on 'the closeness' between us. She said that we didn't have to try to hide it. But that we might want to start locking doors."

Tessa laughed. "I guess we should. The rattling of the key in the door would give us a chance to cover up. What about Ian's reaction?"

"I guess, at first he was a little uncomfortable. But Noah talked with him about it. He said something like we had both been through hell and that we deserved any happiness that we could find. He said that some people never come back from that kind of trauma. He thought that we were helping each other.""

"That is my Noah. He's always been very insightful."

"Tessa, I know that we have been good for each other around the grief. But my feelings extend beyond that." He said as he gazed at her.

"Mine too. I've been walking on cloud nine."

Mark kissed her then. Her response told him everything he needed to know.

As the holidays neared, Tessa and Mark helped each other decorate their homes and shop for gifts. They also babysat Bobby so his parents could shop for him. They played with building blocks together, and baked cookies together. Bobby took a nap on Noah's bed and then they all watched Elf together. At the end, he wanted to watch it again. He was in Mark's lap and fell asleep fifteen minutes into it.

Tessa took advantage of the moment to take some photos that she thought she might be able to turn into a few gifts..

Janet came to get Bobby. Tessa opened the door and put her fingers to her lips and pointed to Bobby asleep in Mark's arms. She came in and took off her coat. Tessa motioned to come into the kitchen.

"Did you get everything you needed to get?

"No, the local toy store didn't have his train set. I'm going to have to go to Stowe."

"We can babysit whenever you need or if you want us to go get it, that is possible too. Whatever you need."

"That is wonderful. Can you two watch Bobby tomorrow?"

"Of course. He's a little young. If he would older, I would just suggest that he stay the night, but he's never done that before has he?"

Janet laughed, "As wonderful as that sounds, he isn't ready for it yet. Can I get a raincheck?'

"Of course."

"Tessa, I'm not going to lie. When I heard that Dad was possibly seeing someone, I had mixed feelings. I love my mom and I always will. I also love Dad and he deserves to be happy. And I can see that you make him happy."

"Thank you Janet. He makes me happy too."

"Do you want us to drop him off when he wakes up?"

"No, if I don't wake him now, he won't go down later."

Janet went into the living room and gently shook Bobby. At first he fussed and then he realized his mom was there. "Mommy!"

He needed to show Janet the cookies that they made.

"Guess who we get to watch tomorrow?"

"Really? Bobby, did you hear that? We get to play together tomorrow too."

Bobby went to Mark and gave him a happy hug. "Mom, can we take Mr. Bobby to the Winter Wonderland in the park?" Mark asked Janet.

"Yes, sure. Don't expect him to last long out in the cold though."

We all laughed. Tessa said, "Alright, a drive by of the Winter Wonderland it is."

When Janet took Bobby home, Mark took Tessa in his arms. "Thank you for today. You are wonderful with Bobby."

"So are you Grandpa."

"Do you perhaps have a thing for Grandpa-like figures?"

"No, but I have a thing for you." She kissed him to prove it.

Mark knew they weren't ready to become engaged, but he wanted to get Tessa a substantial jewelry gift. He took Janet shopping with him and ended up with vintage looking dangle earrings.

Tessa got the photos developed of Mark and Bobby. She ordered them in black and white and made interesting metal frames for them. For Noah she made a masculine, but chic belt buckle. She took it to a leather worker she knew to have it fitted onto a leather belt. For Ian, she made a keychain from a treble clef. She also made a masculine cuff bracelet for Mark.

Janet wanted to have the holiday gathering at the farmhouse. So Tessa offered to bring three side dishes. Mark picked her up and they were greeted with a wild Bobby who had already opened Santa's gifts in the morning. "Grandpa! Tessa! Come see what I got! There were toys strewn all over the floor. Ian and Noah were trying to entertain him while Janet finished the meal.

"Could you use some help?"

"Could I? Please. Can you set the table? Sam acts like he doesn't know how."

After that, Tessa asked, "Now what?"

"Can you take drink orders. Bobby has his sippy cup so don't pay attention to what he says he wants. I have punch, gingerale, water and coffee."

Mark appeared to transport drinks to the correct spots on the table. He returned and stole a kiss from Tessa.

"Dad, can you take care of the ham. It's a spiral ham, but we need to get it off the bone and onto the platter."

Tessa used the microwave to heat her dishes to a warmer temperature.

Finally, everyone was called to the table. It was a feast of color and variety and good food. Afterward, Bobby said it was present time. Mark and Tessa had gotten him a tool belt that was made for toddlers. He started "fixing" things all over the house. Ian was asked to pass out gifts. Everyone had a gift in hand and the melee began. Oooos and ahhhhs were heard around the room. The photos of Mark and Bobby were a big hit as were the frames. Tessa watched Mark open the bracelet box. He seemed pleased and he put it on his wrist. She opened his present for her. The earrings were gorgeous and she loved them. Everyone was happy and Bobby was ready for a nap. The adults talked for a while and board games were brought out.

Monopoly was played first. Ian won by a landslide. Noah and Ian brought out instruments to play and Sam, Janet, Tessa and Mark played euchre. Mark and Tess were a formidable team and they won. Finally it was time to go home and rest.

"I hope you don't mind, but I just want to take a little nap." Tessa said as she walked into the house.

Mark laughed, "Mind. Hell no. I'll join you."

"No funny business. I meant what I said. I just want a nap."

"Alright, as long as you think you can keep your hands off of me."

"I'll try."

"Hey. Are you alright? Was your gift alright?"

"Of course, they are beautiful. Thank you. I'm just needing some quiet and some rest."

"Would you like me to go home?"

"No. I would not, unless you want to."

"Is it alright if I lay down beside you?"

"Come on. You're being oversensitive. I'm just tired. Someone made love to me for half of the night."

"Hey, I never wanted to stop."

"Okay, stud. Let's take a nap."

Mark held her for a while and then rolled over and went to sleep.

At 9:00, Tessa still had not woken and Mark was starting to become concerned.

"Honey. Tessa, wake up. You're scaring me."

"What? Mark, is that you?"

"Yes, sweetheart. It's Eduardo's day off remember?"

"Eduardo? Who's that?"

"Tessa, how do you feel?"

"I'm tired. Let me sleep."

Mark was worried. He waited another hour and she wouldn't wake up. He walked next door to talk to Hannah and Tim.

"And she still won't wake up?"

"No. Has she ever been like this before?"

"No. Not since I've known her."

"Hannah. Can you come over and try to wake her? I want to make sure it's just not me she won't respond to."

"Sure. Tim, you come to." Hannah said to him.

"Tessa? Tessa, darling. Wake up. You're scaring Mark. Wake up honey."

She barely stirred.

"I don't like this." Hannah said to Mark.

"Let's call for the squad to take her to the hospital. Better safe than sorry."

Mark called Noah on the way to the hospital.

Hannah had brought Tessa's wallet, for the insurance cards. Noah appeared scared to death.

Mark said, "Noah, we don't know anything yet. That's why we're here. Okay? Try not to let your mind run to worst case scenarios."

They admitted her and started running tests.

Mark tried to stay overnight, but since she hadn't been diagnosed it was not permitted. When he and Noah showed up the next day, they were told she had the flu. They both laughed and felt relieved. "But for some reason, she is having severe symptoms. She is having trouble breathing, an extremely high temperature, and is also very disoriented. Since we are concerned about these symptoms, we are keeping her for now."

"Can we see her?"

"We think she is still contagious at this point, so no. If you want to talk with her you can call her room, but the way she is right now, she won't make any sense."

"Should we be concerned?"

"At this point, no. There is no reason to think she won't be better in a day or two and be sent home."

They tried to call her from the lobby but there was no answer. They both went home and tried to not worry about her. When they went back the next day, they were told that she was still exhibiting the same symptoms and they didn't want to take any chances with their health.

As they went to there cars, Mark tried to reassure Noah that she would get better. "Look, my dad just just died a year ago. I don't have a lot of faith in God's sense of fairness."

"I know, Noah. Let's have a little faith. I'm trying to. Have you eaten?"

"No, man. I'm not hungry."

"Come on, let's go to lunch."

Mark took him to lunch and ordered a take out meal for him to take home. Later, that night, he called Tessa's room.

"Hello"

"Tessa? God, you sound terrible. How do you feel?"

"I feel terrible. Have you seen Noah?" she croaked.

"Yes. He's fine. He's worried about you. We both are."

"Has he eaten?"

"Yes. I took care of that. I am a father, you know."

"I'm sorry." She said as she started to cry.

"Hey, hey. Look, I'm coming over and they'd better let me in."

Mark argued with the nurse. He begged her to call the doctor to see if Tessa could have a visitor. She conferred with the staff physician who reviewed her chart and agreed she could have a visitor

Mark walked into the room and sat down. Tessa was asleep. He held her hand and watched her sleep. When she opened her eyes, he was there.

"Mark?"

"Tessa, my God." He sat on the bed and held her. He struggled to get his emotions under control. "You scared me."

"I'm sorry. I was a little scared myself."

"You're going to be alright. They're probably going to release you tomorrow. I'm going home with you and I'm going to take care of you."

She smiled at him. "Call Noah. And let me speak to him."

Mark phoned Noah and handed her the phone.

"Noah. It's Mom. I know honey. I'm sorry. It looks like they may release me tomorrow. No, no. I want you to go to bed and get some sleep. Come tomorrow afternoon and help Mark get me home. Okay. I love you."

She handed his phone back to him.

"Scoot over."

He lay with her in her bed and held her. They both fell asleep until the morning.

In the morning, the nurses were buzzing in, out and around the room. Tessa's nurse said, "Your boyfriend is creating quite the buzz. Apparently, they think he looks like a movie star. They like his blue eyes and stubble."

"You do look like a movie star. I'm very lucky."

He kissed her on the temple. "As am I."

It took hours for Tessa to be discharged. Noah showed up just in time.

"Hi Mom!" He hugged her. "I was so worried."

"I know sweetheart. I'm sorry." She whispered in his ear. "You aren't getting rid of me that easily."

Once home, Mark steered her into the bedroom and pulled back the covers. "Do you want the blinds closed?"

"Yes. I feel a nap coming on."

"What do you want for lunch?"

"I'm not hungry."

"Noah, go down to the deli and get a quart of chicken noodle soup and some crusty bread. Get yourself whatever you want." He said as he handed him some money.

"Unfair. Two against one sick person."

"Well you can tell it to your attorney once you're well."

"Bully!"

"Someone must be feeling better. Here's your night shirt. Get into bed darling."

"I hate it when you're the reasonable one."

"When have I ever been unreasonable?"

"You haven't been. I'm just grumpy."

"You have every right to be, my love."

Tessa threw her arms around his neck. "Why are you so good to me?"

"Because I love you. And you scared me to death. So get your sweet ass into that bed."

"Are you going to join me?"

"Later. Okay?"

"Okay."

When Noah returned, Tessa was asleep. "Is she okay?"

"Yes. She'll probably be tired for a while."

"Noah, resume your life. Come to see her when you can. I'm retired. I'm here and I'm not going anywhere."

"What about your band?"