All Comments on 'A Hero's Rebirth Ch. 06'

by NaughtyPaladin

Sort by:
  • 74 Comments
BrianOrr1BrianOrr14 months ago

I live in the Pacific Time Zone, so for me, new stories drop at around 10PM or so. This was 34 minutes old when I checked and started reading. It is now just after 1:30 in the morning, and I have three observations. First, this is officially my absolute favorite series on Lit, and I am already experiencing withdrawals knowing I now have to wait for chapter 7. Second, I believe that the protagonists lack of nerd knowledge is actually better for him as he isn't bound by any preconceived notions that may prove incorrect and therefore dangerous, he just takes it one day at a time. My only word of caution is don't fall back on that same joke to many times or it will become repetitive and stale. Third, as a proud Girldad, I saw the Elsa from Frozen joke coming from a mile off, and still woke my wife from a dead sleep from laughing too loud; Bravo!!! Write your story, don't listen to naysayers, and whatever you do, please finish this tale. It's incredible. Exercise, drive in the slow lane, don't take up skydiving as a hobby, whatever you have to do to maintain good health and life balance, and finish this story. Love it. 10/5 stars.

Pource99Pource994 months ago

Very exciting. I eagerly await the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Chapter 6 is as wonderful as the first 5 chapters. Loving the story and how you hold the plot together. Thus I can hardly wait for chapter 7! Interesting that the Claws can sneak into the heart of the city with the powerful mages around, but you have make clear that it is precisely what they have been trained to do. Again thanks for this wonderful story and looking forward to how you develop it!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I waited such a long time for this. And it was well worth it. One thing I would like to request is that you put spacing between each person in your cast of characters at the beginning. Otherwise, I will be looking forward to seeing what happens in the Cloud Elves' city with their queen.

HelgamiteHelgamite4 months ago

One of the best yet! Made me laugh several times! This series is gonna be hella awesome dude!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Excellent. Please continue. I am loving this story.

joshmose93joshmose934 months ago

Awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Fenris420Fenris4204 months ago

Well, that chapter flew by (no pun intended). I was really happy to see that this chapter was 15 "pages" long but it still passed so quickly, even as I tried to read a little slower and prolong my enjoyment. I'm loving everything about this epic tale... the characters, the plotting, the world building... all top-notch. A Hero's Rebirth has quickly become one of my all-time favorites and I can't wait to read what happens next. Thank you so much for sharing. 5/5*

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Thank you so much for this story author despite the fact that I like bigger boobs more I have been absolutely loving this and the worldbuilding please dont stop and continue this for as often as you can, thank you.

x_apathyx_apathy4 months ago

absolutely worth the wait

WolfbeckettWolfbeckett4 months ago

Only a few pages into this chapter (started a new job today and it's taking it out of me so I only have a short time to read, will probably take me all week to get through it) but I wanted to comment this before I forget.

First, I appreciate you taking the suggestion and taking the time to make the cast of characters at the beginning. Already it's bearing fruit for me. When he had sex with Anbethir near the beginning I completely forgot which elf that was and being able to refer to the cast list was amazingly helpful in not only remembering the character but being able to picture her more clearly while reading the scene. Super, super helpful, so thanks!

Second, I do have another suggestion. This one is a bit nitpicky and not really specific to you (lots of writers on this site do it) but one thing that could make your descriptions of the female characters more robust is to take like 30 minutes to learn about how bust sizes actually work. Just saying "A cup" or "B cup" doesn't actually give the reader any information about how big they are without including the band size as well. We think "well, A cup is the smallest, B cup is bigger, C cup is bigger still, right?" but no, not necessarily. A 38A is bigger than a 32C and a 34C is bigger than a 30D. It's the two pieces of information together that really tell you how big the tits are. Again, this is nitpicky, lots of people oversimplify breast sizes like this so feel free to disregard if you just don't care, but it's just a suggestion for a small step you could take to make your descriptions even more vivid.

Loving the chapter so far and looking forward to getting further into it!

AlluredAllured4 months ago

Another fantastic work art, thank you author!!!

Lionprince96Lionprince964 months ago

Great chapter! Can’t wait to see what happens with the cloud elves. Hope it does not take so long between chapters again. Keep up the good work.

IC_Thru_UIC_Thru_U4 months ago

Great chapter. Thank you for the character list it was very helpful, however if I could make a suggestion. It would help if you did something to make the character name different from the rest of the text, like underline it or bold text it, the way the list is formated the names get lost with the rest of the text. It was difficult to quickly scroll through the list and find certain names. The story is easily five stars. Can't wait for the next chapter.

CaptainFrostBiteCaptainFrostBite4 months ago

Really loving this story, another wonderful chapter!

LeRoyEdwardsLeRoyEdwards4 months ago

I continue to thoroughly enjoy this story. You have such a great imagination!! Really looking forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Excellent story to date - mightily pleased I chose to read it - looking forward to Chapter 7

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Really enjoyed this styling. Please keep them coming

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Loving the story but did not see the mount for Nauveir Surehand included in the return to the capital city. The two mages mounted their partners but nothing was said about Nauveir's partner. I am not complaining but noting that I must have missed something. You are telling a truly wonderful story and I am really enjoying it. Can hardly wait for Chapter 7 as I reread the other chapters more than once.

bear1999bear19994 months ago

thank you for creating such a wonderful story nd a world to match...looking forward to further chapters. 5/5

rockingtilidroprockingtilidrop4 months ago

Awesome Story, and brilliant chapter 5/5 . I look forward to the next Chapter . The time between ch5 & ch6 was well spent , i follow a lot of authors and too many take a month for a 2 or 3 page chapter , so 2 months for a 15 page chapter is great , keep up the great work .

txcrackertxcracker4 months ago

Wonderful !

Wonderful , very hard to put down . Just waiting with bated breath for the chapter

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This story is gonna be an all timer just amazing work.

SexySenior56SexySenior564 months ago

Excellent chapter! I like the longer chapters but I dread how long it will take you to get the next installment posted. Having Thomas watch the 'purge' was a little on the kinky side but didn't take away from the story. I was a little disappointed that Thomas didn't spend some time investigating his ability to burst into flame a la the Human Torch. We know he can throw fire balls, but can he fly? Can he create structures of fire? That's a skill that may come in handy down the road.

SettytbSettytb4 months ago

So freaking amazing! Thank you for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

As much as i enjoy this story i have to say the harem is getting a bit bloated and so many of them from one kind of elf

kameljockeykameljockey3 months ago

Can only be described as "ADDICTIVE".

BarryAllen888BarryAllen8883 months ago

Absolutely fantastic story you have. Impatiently waiting for the next chapter! Here are my five cents: there are too many matrons that have long names and look the same. Sounds superficial, but many of the newer ones do not stand out. Here are the ones that do stand out and are easy to recall and why: Tavoren, the Original. (Tom’s “first love”). Risavis, because she has a massive wolf. Laliera, because she’s a Wild Elf, is nearly Tom’s height and is brown-skinned. Narusil, because she’s THE powerful mage of the group. Mavrin, because she’s a wood elf practicing dark magic. Diamiutar, because you’ve portrayed her as the most matronly. Heilantu, because she’s THE healer, and my interpretation is she’s a bit high-class/uppity. Amura, because she’s THE Shadow/Night Elf, and in my opinion the most engaging character plot - I can see Tom being loyal (if I had to use a term) to Tavoren the most, as she is the Original, but I can see Amura becoming the most attached to Tom, as he’s her savior, she’s a pseudo-religious convert. The other matrons and maidens don’t have enough unique attributes (physical or character) for me as a reader to keep track. I apologize that I don’t have a solution, but I am especially looking forward to reading the progress between Tom and Amura.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

What a fantastic story. I've been tearing through it. Can't wait for more! Thanks for writing.

lackofsleeplackofsleep3 months ago

Once again another thrilling chapter, i eagerly await the next, keep up the great work.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I love the story

But 💥🕳️🕳️🕳️

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This is great keep it up!!!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Wonderful in every aspect! You have a gift for making your readers emotionally invested in your works. Feel free to skip the other projects and give us another chapter here ;)

Ms. Madrigal

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This is fantastic! I read the first 5 chapters in one sitting and had to wait a day to read the 6th. I love the world building—I think it’ll be great if Thomas meets other humans.

I like that magic allows Tom to communicate with all sentient creatures without the need for a translator. As it was a translator who sold out his squad and whose treachery killed him this keeps him from revisiting such a painful memory. It was a nice, subtle touch.

Arkie77Arkie773 months ago

Excellent story. Can't wait for the next chapter. Love the world you've created here.

jessIncognitojessIncognito3 months ago

This is great stuff, well executed. I binged it and hope you keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Loving the storey! Can't wait to see what boons and how many matrons Thomas gets from the cloud elves!

Also, a little dissapointed that he didn't use a testing block to start, and that he's only now and last chapter considering vehicle mounted weapons systems!

ClearmuseClearmuse2 months ago

Alas, I've sadly caught up! Looking forward to next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

In the last couple of chapter he considered the possibility of hidden infiltration against the dark elves. He was told that the dark elves would have the needed countermeasures to make this unreasonable. Hidden military operation are also his specialty from earth. How is he not using any of his knowledge and training to secure the high elves?

You have already hinted about the dark elves spying and I'm wondering why the hero has not done anything to address this idea.

NaughtyPaladinNaughtyPaladin2 months agoAuthor

You know, that's a very valid question. Why hasn't he done any counter-infiltration work with the High Elves? The answer is actually in your question. The Dark Elves have countermeasures, and so do the High Elves. He acknowledges that some of his tactics and techniques from Earth just aren't going to work when magic gets involved. He could try and implement some of them... but how many of the techniques he could teach would be better than what the Elves gave developed with magic? And how many bad assumptions would he bring in with him, leaving holes in the Elves defenses that weren't previously there?

Frankly, the High Elf city would be a nightmare to defend using modern tactics. You have a porous perimeter, with entrance vectors above and beneath the city. You have no real viable perimeter, no walls, and terrible range of vision with an ungodly amounts of cover for enemies to hide behind. He has to assume that just like how the Dark Elves have measures in place, so do the High Elves. And they do. But in all matters of infiltration and counter-infiltration, it's a matter of skill each way. Is the stealth of the infiltrator better or the observation of the watchman, and who is on watch at the moment and what are they looking for? As our MC gets more knowledgeable about magic and countermeasures, he may be able to give more insight, but with magic playing such a role in this world, I don't think MC would consider himself prepared to start making suggestions about defense, which is why he jumped to offense. Put the enemy on the back foot, so that better than defending against attack, the enemy is so off balance they CAN'T attack. Beat the attacks before they are launched.

But good question. I appreciate it.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Are you no longer writing this story?

I have literally been waiting for months now

What's taking so long

NaughtyPaladinNaughtyPaladin2 months agoAuthor

I'm writing several stories, and rotate through which one I'm doing a chapter for. I'm also still working with a new editor and getting him caught up on all my stories. I'm going to keep publishing this in its turn.

Soapiestbeast48Soapiestbeast482 months ago

NOOO!! I read all this in a day gimme Chapter 7!! Great story and world building. Looking forward to more. ^-^

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

From the dates the chapters have been posted, looks around 60ish day between chapters. So this half of the month perhaps.

Bone7832Bone78322 months ago

Any chance we can get a update for the next chapter....many thanks bone

NaughtyPaladinNaughtyPaladinabout 2 months agoAuthor

I don't want to neglect any of my stories, so I write chapters in a sort of "Round Robin" style. I have written all but two stories next chapter, I'm most of the way through the second to last story now, then I'll just have to write the last stories next chapter and I can get started on the next chapter here. I've been onboarding thegoofyproofyreader as an editor, sp this has taken longer than usual for me, and my life and job have been busy. I'll let you know when I'm starting writing the next chapter, finished with the first version, and when its done editing and submitted. Again, I know you all love this story and I appreciate the love you give it. Unless something unexpected prevents me from doing so (like getting hit by a car or something) I'm gonna keep publishing. Sorry, and thank you for your patience.

SathurnFoxSathurnFoxabout 2 months ago

I love this story, but I have a few questions, maybe you can use them as inspiration:

Thom was told that a "simple" arrow shield would stop his sniper weapon if the other side knows it is coming. But he is not shooting just bullets, he is shooting enchanted bullets. This far he only used "force" as I recall would it make a deference? As a trained soldier, tactically I think he would default to using the gun as a gun. Which worked fine so far, but I don't think he has the knowledge to use the other types of ammo without thinking about it. Would shifting enchantments pierce the "simple" barrier? He need to test this.

Since he broke the secular dark magic on Amura slave bond, can he still control her? Or was that control part of the Devine bond he cannot break? Would he, or She even want to know enough to test it? Doubt Thom would even think about but Amura might.

Are months and years the same to our world?

If you assume sex 3 to 4 times a day seven days a week that is 21 to 28 in his active harem. If you one pregnancy per week, 2 years of pregnancy and one year of nursing, and 52 week year that 156 not in his active harem. I cannot keep track of that many characters. You might need to refer to some as house matrons generically to focus on battle matrons. Don't really have a good solution here for you.

But I love the Story.

NaughtyPaladinNaughtyPaladinabout 2 months agoAuthor

SathurnFox, thanks for the questions. If you have the questions, in sure others do as well, so I need to be address them.

I'll see what I can do to answer a few of them next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Thoroughly enjoying this story. Looking forward to the next chapter. Good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Cant wait for next chapter. Please looking forward for that

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I was hoping the chapter would be released on March 8. Do you have an estimated release date?

NaughtyPaladinNaughtyPaladinabout 2 months agoAuthor

Unfortunately, I don't have an estimate on this yet. Life has been hitting me pretty hard, and cutting into my writing time. I will get this done when I can. I know you all are waiting only as patiently as you have to, and I will get the next chapter out when I can.

ClearmuseClearmuseabout 2 months ago

Looking forward to next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Hope things get better for you. Life can make things difficult to have enough time and energy to commit to extra activities.

As patiently as I have to be waiting for the next chapters of this story. Like you writing and this story line in particular.

Thanks for sharing your worlds with us.

NaughtyPaladinNaughtyPaladinabout 1 month agoAuthor

Update, I have started writing the next chapter. Nine pages in having started today. Don't know how long it will take to write... but the writing has begun.

kvalentinekvalentineabout 1 month ago

I enjoy Dust Cloud. I hope you include more elementals in the future.

NaughtyPaladinNaughtyPaladinabout 1 month agoAuthor

@kvalentine, Noted. I don't think forcing it is a good idea, but I'm glad the idea and execution was good. I'll be sure not to pass over any good opportunities to utilize them.

MagicTrishMagicTrishabout 1 month ago

I was lucky to just begin this story, so I have not had to wait, It seems a new chapter comes out every couple of months, I hope that continues. I have enjoyed all of this so far. Please please please dont leave this unfinished as so many of the longer stories are. There is nothing so frustrating as beginning to care about characters, just to find the last installment published was years ago. Thank you for your time, and thank you for sharing your talents with your audience. Trish

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Wow. What an amazing tale, and so well written. Am I hooked or what. Can’t wait for the next instalment! The author has a real talent for balancing background information with ongoing drama and more than enough erotic entertainment to keep us all engaged for the long haul. Nice work indeed :)

Cbl17Cbl1730 days ago

Thoroughly enjoying this tale. Looking forward to the next episode

AnonymousAnonymous27 days ago

Can you please provide us with a rough estimate of when will the next chapter be uploaded...

Just an estimate that you see fit.

NaughtyPaladinNaughtyPaladin27 days agoAuthor

That's really hard to say. I am 21 (Google Doc) pages into writing the next chapter. The length of the chapters has varied with the last chapter being 180 (Google Doc) pages long. I've had my regular writing time interrupted the last couple of weeks, but I am writing this before settling in for a good couple of hours of writing. I don't anticipate this chapter being 180 (Google Doc) pages, but it's gonna be as long as it needs to be to convey all the information I want for this chapter. Honestly it will probably take me a few weeks to write the rest.

The thing that is going to make this a little faster is that my editor has caught up on all my stories now, so we won't have to wait for him to go through all the previous chapters to get to where he's editing this chapter. So once I send it to him, depending on the time he has available (he is a volunteer) it might only take him a week or so to edit it. So, I hope that gives you the estimate that you were hoping for.

AnonymousAnonymous19 days ago

I am truly enjoying the story and greatly anticipate each chapter. You keep the story fun and easy to follow. I am confused about one issue: in chapter 5 Nauveir Surehand was selected by a Heirsver and rode it to the first battle and to Orin's underground. She is also listed in the preface to Chapter 6 as: Mount Heirsver. However, in Chapter 6, her Heirsver is not listed as being return with the group to the wood elf capital neither as finding a place among the trees with the other two Heirsver, nor being included in the Heirsver going to the Cloud Elf city. Am I missing something? This is not a complaint as this story has my interest and I can hardly wait for each chapter. Just concerned that I am overlooking something. Thanks for your wonderful imagination and sharing it!

NaughtyPaladinNaughtyPaladin18 days agoAuthor

@Anonymous, I'll have to double check that. I might have misstated. She has a Heirsver, and it was brought back with the others.

PhoenixpapaPhoenixpapa14 days ago

I'm loving this series. Really looking forward to the next chapter. I can see the difference since adding the editor. The story is amazing and building amazingly. I love the parallel of Thomas hating comics and anime while basically living a most amazing isekai life. Please keep going and feeding me amazing chapters. If you ever need another editor for this series, please feel free to let me know...I'd love to help.

Bushwhacker55Bushwhacker5513 days ago

Completely hooked and totally bummed that chapter 7 wasn’t available. I binged all the previous chapters and can’t wait for the next!

AnonymousAnonymous5 days ago

Oh god it’s not done I just realized fml. If there’s any way to throw money at the author, please let me know because this should just be a book at this point.

AnonymousAnonymous5 days ago

Just great reading, well done. With the list of characters your white board must be humongous or you write small. Just read where the next chapter is about ready and can't wait, you have me checking each day since January so I won't miss a chapter. Carry on and a big THANK YOU for the time you put into this.

NaughtyPaladinNaughtyPaladin3 days agoAuthor

@Anonymous1, I'm flattered. You aren't the first to suggest turning it into a book. I might look into the possibilities once the story is done.

And I sing exactly have a collection plate or anything, but I do have a Patreon. I keep it cheap and try to encourage discussion and input. So, there is that.

NaughtyPaladinNaughtyPaladin3 days agoAuthor

@Anonymous2, I gave up on Whiteboards a while ago. Now I have multiple documents, tracking all the characters.

I may be ready to publish soon, but I'm torn, and consulting my editors. The chapter is only about 60 (google doc) pages long, so a bit smaller for these chapters. I just hit a decent breakpoint, and I can keep writing an double (or more) the size before it gets published, or I can publish now... I just don't want to disappoint people if it isn't as sizable as people hoped and dreamed it would be.

GoosebumpgiverGoosebumpgiver1 day ago

Great chapter👏🏻 enjoyed reading the kinda human realistic view vs Elven culture. I am stoked that you have finally posted this chapter for us to continue reading. Thank you👍🏻 5 blazing stars. BTW , your new editors rock dude.👏🏻👏🏻👍🏻👍🏻

AnonymousAnonymous1 day ago

I am hoping you will publish what you have soon, as long as you have a way forward with the story. We've been waiting four months to hear what happens in the Cloud city. I check every day to see if you have posted. I know many of us do.

NaughtyPaladinNaughtyPaladin1 day agoAuthor

I have been working on it, and my other stories. I have a piece that might be publishable, but I'm not sure. I've put it up for a vote on my Patreon, we'll see how the vote goes there, as to whether I publish with what information I was able to give them, or if we continue to be patient.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 hours ago

Love this story and I can’t get enough

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNaughtyPaladin@NaughtyPaladin
A happily married husband who uses RP, writing and creativity to explore his fetishes and fantasies. Just starting to post these, not a professional writer. Be gentle in the comments. Constructive criticism and advice welcome, but no promise I will take it. I am a bit ADHD, ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories