A High Country Tale Ch. 02: Three Dog Night

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
zackjack
zackjack
19 Followers

"A lot of people have seen the powerful example set by your family through attacks that couldn't or wouldn't have been weathered by most. Yet not a crack or fissure has surfaced in your principled forthrightness. You men reacted remarkably this morning. I watched as you administered aid, and even tenderness, to people bent on killing all of you out of blind hatred. Standing here now, my hat is off to you four, along with all of your family. It would be my honor to escort you gentlemen home safely. We will sort this mess out together and put things right."

As he finished, a contingent of firefighters arrived, augmenting the police presence. The crew entered with portable hosing and equipment in preparation for siphoning river water to dilute and flush the effect of the flammable coating still jeopardizing the house and forest. The adrenalin-driven duos now experienced a consuming exhaustion after the morning's events and succumbed to the detective's offer. They piled into the detective's Crown Vic.

Driving slowly past the large flat boulder just shared by the two couples during Detective Lusk's touching homily, nobody noticed the smaller boulder to the side of it. Had anyone looked, they would have espied an extremely large, emerald green Catesbian bullfrog there, in seeming repose. His large silver dorsal scar tingled in the sleet. Huge eyes soundlessly winked as he sagely pondered the setting for such serendipitous events short moments before on the waning three dog night.

zackjack
zackjack
19 Followers