A Holiday Haunting Ch. 02

Story Info
Jack and Erin deal with new problems.
15.8k words
4.75
5.4k
15

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 12/04/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
zeon67
zeon67
40 Followers

Sorry for the delay. Christmas, work and covid has been kicking my ass. Working on a third chapter.

Jack's mouth painfully stretched open. He then released a long gasp, and his eyelids pulled back; he was now forcibly awake. Turning to his side, he found himself partially alone. Lucy was still there, deep in sleep, but no Erin. He called her name, but there was nothing.

Putting on sweatpants and a t-shirt, Jack searched the house for her. He yelled her name and again there was no reply. It had never worked like that before, but Jack was desperate. He questioned himself, Lucy, the séance and everything else. Worried that he had caused her banishment, Jack needed to interrogate the medium.

But then the doorbell went and there was a knock at the door.

Opening it, Jack saw a delivery man with a clipboard and a massive box. Annoyed that the new dryer he bought on Black Friday had finally arrived a week late, he signed the paperwork but felt cold. Jack turned around but saw nothing. Terrified that he was losing it, Jack turned back to the delivery man.

The delivery man took the dryer in and took the clipboard off Jack, thanking him. The man then looked past Jack and said, "Morning, Miss."

Behind him, Erin stood. Her mouth ajar and stood still, but wasn't her typical ghostly self. She looked like she did last night, her skin a pale pink while her hair auburn shade. Erin had the same clothes that Jack had seen for the previous fifteen years. But something was off. Erin had lost the white apron that covered most of the front, and the first two buttons of her collar were undone, possibly scandalous in the 19th century.

"He saw me. He saw me." Erin said, walking towards the open door. She ignored Jack and edged closer to the outside, the fresh air, sounds of birds and something new to see calling her. Erin turned back to Jack and said, "Come with me."

She then took one step outside and immediately disappeared.

"FUUUUUCK!" Lucy screamed from upstairs.

***

They sat around the coffee table, all struggling to think of anything to say. Jack and Lucy had run some basic tests on Erin. She could be seen but not be touched, but cameras could capture her. She couldn't feel anything, but could sit in a chair without phasing through it. Should she take a step outside the house's confines, Erin would instantly vanish and reappear in the attic.

But Erin could change her appearance, though only subtly. Like she could roll up her sleeves, undo a button or two and play around her hair. That was a relief to Erin; she had only worn hair in a bob because Mrs. Franklin demanded it.

"So, what now," Jack said, taking a sip of coffee.

"I...I don't know," Lucy shook her head, "This is way out of my area of expertise. Honestly, I didn't even know that this could happen."

"Would it be so wrong if I stayed like this?" Erin said, "I can speak and I can be heard."

"But you can't touch anything." Lucy said.

"And my parents are going to be back soon. Then it's Christmas and the house is going to be filled with people. I can see my mom and my aunts instantly freak out if they saw you float. And, I have to go back to Boston. I can't leave you like this."

"I know." Erin then looked at Lucy and asked, "Can we not do the séance again?"

"Hell no." Lucy shook her head, emphatically underlining her point. "What we did and what happened, it's not the same. Jack was supposed to talk to you and help you move on. Nothing about sex. We did something, maybe something wrong, maybe something right. But it pulled you into this plane. If we do it again, who knows what happens to you?"

"Then what next?" Jack asked.

Lucy pushed her chair back and stood up. She madly scrolled through the contacts on her phone. "I need to speak to someone. Be back in a sec."

Erin followed Lucy out of the room with her stare. She paused for a moment, then leaned in towards Jack. "We should talk."

"Yeah." Jack said, trying to hide his nervousness.

"I never thought that I would be here. I'd be a banshee, roaming this house until the Last Judgement. I accepted that. Now I can be seen by anyone. I can be spoken to and listened. I am lost and scared. What happens to us?"

Jack rested his hand on over hers, sinking through her tangible form and said, "I'll work some out. Don't worry. My dad did say he is thinking about selling the house. Maybe I take it."

Erin dropped her head down and said, "I cannot let you do that. Live your life with a spirit. It will be dull. And there is so much I want to see."

Leaning back, Jack smiled back at her. This was the first time he could find out who Erin really is as a person. "Like?"

"I want to be in the sky, flying across the ocean. To travel to places that I have only seen briefly in those windows. The Grand Canyon, swim in an ocean and visit Kinsale."

"Kinsale?"

"It is where I was born. I left when I was twelve. I always wished that I would see the village again."

"Anything else?"

Erin looked away like she was thinking, then turned back to Jack and said, "I want to eat food that hadn't been boiled. Wear something luxurious. I want to see a movie. And to kiss you again." She smiled.

Lucy walked back into the room. She glanced at Erin then at Jack, realizing something was up but began talking.

"Okay, I spoke to a friend. She knows a lot of left-hand path rituals, some chaos magic. You know maybe sigils and secret names?" she said, nodding as if they knew what she meant. "She knows a couple of necromancers."

"Necro-mancers?" Erin asked.

"They talk to the dead. My friend's going to reach out and get us a name. Hopefully, one who just wants to talk to the dead and nothing more. A necromancer will know what to do."

"So, we just wait?" Jack asked.

Lucy nodded.

***

Days later, Erin stared at the TV. She was alone as Jack had to deal with the headache of Christmas preparations. He didn't want to leave her by herself, but Erin insisted that it was okay. This was something that Erin knew she had to get used to. She thought back to how difficult her life was before the séance. Erin could easily take her current form as a constantly visible ghost than that hell.

One plus was now she could spend time with Jack. Last night, they spent hours talking. Jack told her everything that had happened to him since they last spoke. Erin was confused by his job, working as an engineer but with computers and clouds.

Jack also showered her with questions about her own life. Her eyes widened after each question, and she grinned madly back at him. She told him about her life in Ireland, traveling across the Atlantic and working in Boston. Jack showed her current photos of how the city changed. She was amazed and saddened, seeing some of her favorite places of the city disappear.

There was one question that Erin wouldn't answer. Jack had asked her where she would go when Erin wasn't haunting the house. When he used to see her, it was only for an hour at most, then Erin would just fade away, and Jack would have to wait days or weeks to see her again. Erin couldn't say anything; she just looked away. She finally said it was difficult and Jack quickly changed the subject.

The channel that Jack left the TV on was now playing another documentary about the World War. He told her it was a good idea for her to get used to the twenty-first century, but Erin couldn't stomach any more documentaries about the war. She understood Jack's reasoning; the other night, she cried in happiness that Ireland had become independent.

A knock on the door turned Erin's head. There was no way it could be Jack. She could hear keys rattling and the door slowly open. Someone then called her name, a female voice. Erin phased through the walls to see who it was. She found Lucy standing outside, darting her head in and out.

"Fuck!" Lucy stumbled back as she saw Erin appear, covering her mouth. She took a couple of deep breaths and then said, "Hi... Erin," Lucy nervously smiled, "Where's Jack?"

"He has gone to a store called Walmart. He will return in two hours' time, I hope."

"Oh." Lucy paused. "Err, can I come in?"

"Sorry," Erin stepped aside and allowed Lucy to enter. "Did Jack give you a key?"

"Yeah," Lucy said, removing her jacket. "He swung by and said that I should have it just in case."

Muscle memory dictated her to ask for Lucy's coat and offer her a drink. Erin tried to hide her embarrassment while Lucy just smiled. Erin then followed her into the living room, trying to think about why she was here. She didn't like the idea that Lucy could enter the house whenever she wants. Erin knew the psychic was attracted to Jack; experiencing Lucy's feelings during the second time she possessed her. Erin couldn't help herself but checkout the medium's curvy frame as Lucy walked into the living room, hiding her disappointed face.

"I have some news, but I will wait until Jack gets back. It'll be easier to explain. But its good." Lucy grinned. She sat down on the sofa and asked, "What are you watching?"

"A documentary about World War 2?" Erin said, not entirely convinced. "They call it World War 2 but do not say anything about a previous war."

"Yeah, I can't remember what World War 1 was about. Might watch Wonder Woman again. Do you mind if I change the channel?"

"Please," Erin replied, "It's depressing." She then joined her on the sofa.

"So, how are you dealing with the modern world?" Lucy asked while flicking through the channels, stopping on at E.

"It's pleasant. Yesterday, Jack showed me around the house and I was amazed. A dishwasher, a washing machine and an automated carpet cleaner. Those were most of my duties and would take half of my day. He showed me um moving photograph on his phone of places he has been to. I want to see them with my own eyes."

"I'm guessing back in the 1880s travel was impossible."

"Only by train or steam. Now you can fly anywhere," Erin smiled. "But what I'm most astonished by is being a woman. I died before I could vote and now a woman can run for President. I could only be a maid or work in a factory. Now there's so many possibilities."

"That's really cool," Lucy said, smiling.

Erin felt herself being distracted by the TV. She turned her head and saw a dozen of scantily-clad women grinding against men, who were topless and had bodies like circus strongmen. Her mouth dropped, watching as a woman sing to the camera.

Lucy saw Erin's stunned expression and quickly changed the channel. "Sorry."

"It's fine," Erin replied, "There is so much that is different. I need to adjust. It's just that if I were to go to a beach, I was expected to wear bloomers that covered my limbs. It is difficult to get used to being in an age were flesh is allowed."

"I understand. It's okay to take your time." Lucy said. She then leaned closer and asked, "Sorry if this sounds idiotic. But you okay with me in general? Being a medium, the drinking and the sex before marriage?"

Erin smiled and said, "I have lived in this household for over a century. My eyes have been open to many strange things. At first, I prayed for my soul and I thought my impurity was the cause of this life I was to live. As the years passed, I found myself losing that idea of sin. Families lived here, they indulged in vices that I found wicked. But they were still loving and moral people."

"Wow," Lucy smirked and said, "One day, you must tell me what you saw over the years."

Going back to Lucy's words and all the things she experienced got Erin thinking. In the hundred-odd years she had been trapped in this house, she had caught numerous couples screw late at night. Some were unmarried, others were of different races, which shocked her, but Erin found them loving, which just compounded to her jealousy.

Erin had also seen couples have different types of sex, none like the ways she was told or experienced. Her fiancé had been drunk during their entire courtships; she doubted he would have been sober enough to cock-stand. Robert just pushed her down on a billiards table and had his way with her. Erin thought she had enjoyed that, but it was nothing compared to what Jack made her feel the other night. It felt unusual, but she loved every moment of him touching her down below.

"Um," Erin looked away before opening her mouth, "Lucy, can I ask you something? It is delicate."

Lucy shrugged, "Sure."

"Jack. He laid me down and used his tongue... on my quim." Erin said blushing. "Is this normal?"

"Yeah," Lucy blurted out. "Sorry. Most guys do that now. If you're lucky." She smirked at Erin, who remained nonplussed.

"Has sex really changed that much?"

"One sec," Lucy stood up and skipped to the kitchen. She returned ten minutes later with a bottle of wine and two glasses. "If we're having girl time, we need wine."

Lucy popped open the bottle and poured, then stopped. "Shit, I forgot. I'm sorry. Are you okay if I drink?"

"Please," Erin replied, smiling. "My church said it was a sin. They encouraged to be teetotal. The man who I was supposed to marry died due to it. When I tasted wine and became hysteric. I thought that was the reason I was stuck in this house. Now I'm not sure. But I would love another taste."

"Hopefully soon." Lucy then took a long sip and said, "Okay -- sex. Sex is nothing like you have experienced in the 1800s. There are handjobs, blowjobs, anal, bondage, choking and group sex. What Jack did to you -- I admit I'm jealous. Because most guys won't do that, but still expect you to blow them."

"Blow?"

"You put a penis in your mouth and suck on it."

"Oh Christ," Erin muttered.

Lucy then lifted up her phone, and loaded up a website. She then stopped herself, glanced at Erin and typed something else like she had changed her mind. She clicked on a video thumbnail and scooted closer to the spirit.

"This is sex now."

Erin moaned, watching a young blonde who looked a passing resemblance to Lucy, on a bed. She was nude and smiling at a tattooed man. She quickly stripped the man of his clothes, and then the couple kissed, rolling on the bed. Erin noticed that the woman was completely bare in the between. The man then kissed the woman in the cunt, just like Jack had done to her.

"Wow," Erin moaned, "She looks like she is really enjoying herself."

Erin felt the need to shift her weight on the sofa while she continued to watch.

"Well, she's an actress. I should tell you that this is fake. But you need to know that it's okay to like sex and how you can enjoy it." Lucy then paused as they both watched the blonde actress get on her hands and knees. "That's the doggy-style position, very popular and feels great."

Erin pursed her lip like she was trying not to laugh. Everything she had been taught, from her mother, Sunday School and the church, told her that premarital sex was an affront to the Lord. And sex in marriage was only for procreation. Now she could enjoy it.

"I have to admit something, Lucy," Erin said, trying to look away from the video, "When me and Jack um fucked. I drew on your thoughts to make it more enjoyable."

"I've been meaning to ask you about that." Lucy paused the video and took another sip of the wine. "Jack told me about the first time you possessed me and tried to kiss him."

"I'm so sorry."

"That's okay. I really just want to know how you were able to possess me? I've talked to spirits before, some probably fake, some hundred-percent real. But I've never been possessed."

"I can't explain," Erin said. "It just happened and then I felt pain, you fighting back and mine own struggle. But I can tell you about the other time. It was easy. I just drew on your attraction to Jack."

"It's like a tulpa," Lucy said, slowly smiling. "It has to be a tulpa!"

"Tulpa?"

"A tulpa is a being or an object created through intense thought. You have created something like this, linking you with Jack. When me and Jack were on the sofa, were you just haunting the house or were you drawn to this spot."

"I just appeared here and saw you two."

"Yeah," Lucy grinned, "This is great. I've got an idea on how we can help you."

Erin nodded and looked away. She should apologize. Erin saw the blonde medium less of an adventuress, a strumpet who would seduce Jack, and more of a real person. And someone eager to help her. Erin knew she still had to adjust her 19th century way of thinking to the modern world.

"Hey," Lucy said, getting Erin's attention. "Don't worry about me and Jack. I can tell he only wants you, especially now he can actually be with you. You know, have conversations. And I like you and I don't want to mess with a 19th century Irish ghost."

Erin chuckled and covered her mouth. She wanted to believe that Lucy was genuine; she disliked being this jealous woman. When she was alive, with a body and everything, she had few friends. It was mainly due to her betrothed and the need to move cities for work.

"What happened to you? When I possessed you?"

"Hmm," Lucy paused and then said, "The first time I felt nothing, I was like asleep. When you did it again, it was like watching TV. I was standing in a dark room. Watching two screens and I could hear my voice, but it didn't sound like me. You leaned in and kissed Jack and it felt so weird. I'll be interested to try it again. Hell, if you ever want to have some fun with Jack, you can use my body." She grinned.

Again, Erin blushed and went red, thinking about floating away from this conversation.

***

Jack opened the door and made a beeline to the kitchen. He ignored the dulled sounds of music being played and talking in the other room, assuming that it was just the TV. After stocking the fridge, he had to check on Erin. It was a weird relationship. She was like his girlfriend but also his patient. Jack just tried to focus on Lucy coming through for them.

Walking into the living room, he found Erin and Lucy both on the sofa. The blonde medium was playing music on her phone while Erin nodded her head over the beat, her eyes closed. This was good. Jack knew that Erin would need someone else to talk to. Like with any other relationship, his neurotic side flared, and Jack was worried that he was suffocating Erin. It helped that Lucy knew what Erin was going through, wouldn't freak out and is around the same age.

"Oh, you're back," Erin said, smiling. She stood up and walked through the coffee table to be at his side. "Did you get everything?"

"Yep," He nodded, "So, what have you guys been up to?"

"I'm just showing her what music is like now and Instagram. And some other things." Lucy said, smirking at Erin.

Jack caught the smile and glanced at Erin, who had gone red. Ignoring their feminine secrets, he sat down and asked, "So, do you have any news?"

"Yep," Lucy replied and went for her bag. "You ever heard of a grimoire?"

They both shook their heads, which Lucy had suspected they would do. She then gave them a brief explanation of a grimoire. It meant a book of spells, but more accurately, it was a textbook of magic. She had underlined certain pages focused more on left-hand path magic, which went over both Jack and Erin's heads. The grimoire that Lucy had been given had instructions on how to resurrect a body.

"From what I read, resurrecting the dead is near impossible. Especially when the dead has been dead for over a hundred years. You need to evocate the person's spirit from where ever they are, say Hell or Heaven. That takes a lot of energy, and like it takes forever with like a zero-point-one chance percent of getting it right. But since Erin's spirit still on Earth, we have a shot."

"Fuck." Jack said. He then glanced at Erin and quickly apologized.

"No, you are right," Erin nodded, dumbfounded as he was, "So, I can be human?"

"Possibly," Lucy said, walking closer to the couple, the dirt-brown book of spells in her hands. "We need some things. Dirt from your grave, for one. Some other stuff, like salt, candles, herbs. Also, there might be sex magic involved."

zeon67
zeon67
40 Followers