All Comments on 'A Holocene Affair'

by TalValentine

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
One of the best long stories.

I've definitely read this story before (i can not for the life of me remember where) and remember getting to sleep about 3 am that night. That's how good i found this story to be. I'm glad to be reminded of it's existence and also glad i can now easily leave a comment! Thanks for writing this and sharing it, loved it <3

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Simply brilliant

Came for the tentacles. Stayed for the stellar writing, fantastic characters, and real tension. I was really surprised at how invested I got in this work. Well done!

ender2k2kender2k2kover 5 years ago
That was tremendous.

I highly recommend this story. It worth the time to read. And like all good science fiction it gives you plenty to think about. Thank you very much for sharing this. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Politics

Enjoyed this story right up until politics infested it. I like to read on this site because there are some truly amazing stories, from space battles and aliens (three square meals) to demons (mine... Yours), fantasy (the missing dragon), all sorts of stories. And none of them make reference to politics outside of completely made up political systems, such as the terran federation or maliri protectorate. I like to read on this site to get away from the bullshit happening in the world. Not see it infesting one of the few sites I enjoy.

3 star because it was a good story until 'omg right wing conservative rapist corrupt government AHHH!!!'

And I'd say the same thing if someone started going on in support of conservative viewpoints denigrating progressives or liberals. This site is an escape from it all. I don't like seeing any of it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great work!

A phenomenon that has happened only twice - including this time - but which I absolutely adore when it happens is when I pick up a story for its porn and then stick around for its plot. Stories that are more than "porn with plot", that are a fully developed novella that nevertheless have quality pornographic elements.

So thank you for producing a story with believable characters, sensical events, and an entertaining plot! If I had to pick something to gripe about, it's that the Mok are displayed as living in tandem with single humans, with feeding every other day seemingly being the norm - which doesn't seem like it would be enough to sustain anything larger than a rat. (quick Google search entertainingly supports this feeding habit, however, as the average human skin has a volume of 2400-ish cubic centimeters. Assuming Mok only eat the outer half of it, that's still 1200 cubic centimeters of skin, or 5 measuring cups - equivalent to what my dog that's as big as my torso eats by volume over a two-day period. Mok feedings being two days between additionally indicates a slow metabolism and therefore lessened food requirements.)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
True mastery of story

Crazy how developed this plot is and Dem’s character is impossible not to love. This is my new favorite story and I doubt I will find any remotely close to compare. I’m doing my capstone in International Feminism and i really only wished this fantasy could be true, for reasons far greater than sexual pleasure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Amazing story

Came for the porn, but the story had me really invested and I loved all of it. I’m honestly only bothered because Dem and Elena were separated and never got to see each other again. I’d love to see an epilogue type of short story where they finally reunite and have some fun times together. Overall, fantastic story and porn.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I sincerely hope that you expand this universe and publish.

Shades of Ursula K LeGuin and Octavia Butler.

I am absolutely in awe of the concept you have presented and I truly hope to see more work from you. This is beyond the average erotica.

Thank you.

~Ummidia Q

P.S. my login is having issues so I was forced to post anonymously, but you should be able to look me up. If you wish to share further writing, I would be thrilled. ^.^

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
incredible

this was an incredible riveting story! i loved the characters and i especially loved how you tackled so many social issues. im so glad that the protagonist was asian (me too btw) and im sooo glad that your story featured so much consent, and made it clear how important consent was. AND im so glad that the main two girls had a happy ending together. thank you so much this is literally the best piece of tentacle erotica ive ever encountered.

also that paulson dude... man aint he just like half the white men u encounter in america.... YEET.... im glad he got rekt.

im actively making an account so i can favorite u lol imma be lemonegg

nicsnortnicsnortover 5 years ago
Such a wild ride

This story brought me from horny to intrigued to angry to inspired. Way to go! Excellent writing and a wonderful story start to finish.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
W O W

I have to admit I started reading as I was curious about tentacle porn but your work transcends the traditional definitions of pornography. The plot was well-developed, the scientific grounding well-researched, there was palpable intrigue, and on top of that, a societal critique! I am very much impressed. Please keep writing more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Does she ever see Dem again?!!!

Please read the tone of the following as "this was so good that I'm now angry that it's over": All I wanted was some nice, quick tentacle porn to unwind to so that I could get back to some lab reports that are overdue. Three hours later, I'm sitting here, rather pissed at the level of reality in the ending (because it wasn't a "happy ending" per-se), and all I want to do is find out if Elena ever sees Dem again, and wanting Dem to be the first Mok to be allowed to live outside observation and have him be Elena and Jenna's personal Mok.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Oil and water don't mix

Nothing really more to say, other than the only thing these two fields have in common is that they both begin with the letter "P". Other than that, the described sex, in a porn sense, leaves one unsatisfied (flaccid). The commentary, in a political sense, is warped, vapid and leaves one bewildered. Ever tried masturbating while images of your "favorite" politicians and political activists pop up in your mind?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I just don't care

Unfortunately my final review of the story is that I don't care about the story. Which is a pity as I really enjoyed the early chapters getting to know Dem and Elena and how the Mok are a symbiotic race. Watching Dem learn how to communicate was great. However the second half of the story with the CDC guy just completely killed any interest in the story he was just so over the top evil and crazy that I just couldn't bring myself to be interested in the story any more and I wish that wasn't the case.

chitsuchitsuover 2 years ago

As stated by others, this good story crashed halfway through. Paulson was annoyingly stupid, but Elena suddenly became the stupidest character in the story carrying out the long, drawn out, and pointless argument with him. Any scientist with two brain cells to rub together could see that was a waste of their time. Instead, it clearly a ranting soapbox for the author.

But more disappointing was seeing two strong female scientists to just decide to hide for ten years and purposely remove themselves from the scientific community. Elena, so willing to potentially sacrifice her life for a chance to save the Mok then turn into a mute wallflower with respect to the Mok”s rights, abandoning them to a harsh lab rat existence just to hide from the press? Talk about zero ethics and even less courage. And just abandoning Dem. Not just sad, but practically as criminal as Paulson.

The characters of the second half of this story LITERALLY were not the characters from the first half.

The author got caught up in her own political rhetoric at our expense (no matter how much we agree with that rhetoric). Preaching to the choir here?

UmmidiaQUmmidiaQover 1 year ago

I’ve read this many times. It is still one of the best stories, hell, best concepts for a sci-fi world, I’ve seen to date. The tentacle titillation, though interwoven with, is secondary to the plot. I still think that this is the basis for a truly publishable work and I hope if it is ever put into print that I am notified. It’s a thoughtful piece of literature in a robe of erotica.

Sincerely yours,

Ummidia Q

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Really well written, but the 'everyone clapped' ending does not do the story justice.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous