All Comments on 'A Lady called Fire'

by TheDok

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

You need to go back through and fix the many times her name becomes Anita or Nita. Thank you for not going with the cheap threesome with the MC, Nina, and Felicity. Honestly was dreading it as this was a sweet romance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Loved it. I have been to Peru so this story brought back some great memories along with being a good read!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

some typos, but good story, and believable

TheDokTheDokabout 1 year agoAuthor

Dear Anonymous who gave me 1 star. If you had read on you would have discovered that this story IS a romance and Felicity is indeed a nasty individual although the story is not about her. Your rating of 1 when you imply that have not completely read the story highlights one of the problems of the rating system where unfair and sometimes malicious 1 scores can distort the value of a story and make other readers overlook it when they are looking for a story to read. I would classify your score as unfair. Most authors would agree with my comment and I can only surmise that you do not write yourself otherwise you would know this. If you did not finish reading this story I would invite you to revisit this story in your entirety and revise and give a fair score when you have finished it. If you did read and finished this story and scored it 1 because you didn't like the subject matter that is also unfair. It is the nature of Literotica that some readers will like stories that other dislike. Personally, I am not keen on a number of porn categories but I simply don't read them, otherwise, if I followed your example, i would have to score them all an unfair 1. If I occasionally stray, and read a story that has a subject I don't like IF I score it then it is on the basis of style, grammar, originality etc.

I am fairly sure you will never read this having moved on but if you do please think on what I have written here.

To others thank you for your constructive feedback. I will edit the story in due course to remove typos which unfortunately always slip through. I have attempted to use an editor but my first editor wanted to rewrite everything in a completely different style and another who was much better and picked up on typos was infuriatingly slow. All errors are therefore mine and mine alone.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nice. Several typos but my main peeve is that Nina being Peruvian is almost irrelevant. She could be from Milton Keynes and the story would be 98% the same: Quechua words and food.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Thank you for your response to the previous comment. You are absolutely correct. This story does belong in romance. Your comments about the ratings are spot on. I myself will read a story that is not what I like and will avoid giving stars based on personal taste. The one critique for the story is the end. The decision to move to Peru was not supported by other parts of the storyline. As to what she would get out of the move. Afaw704. And no I do not write stories so do not critique for typos .

linnearlinnearabout 1 year ago

Excellent story and well done.

TheDokTheDokabout 1 year agoAuthor

Dear Anonymous, You can't see the Milky Way in Milton Keynes unless there is a power cut when there are no clouds. When did that happen last? :)

jlg07jlg07about 1 year ago

Would love to read a part 2 for this story.... 5*

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

Great story! I liked the endnotes.

5

KachinaDollKachinaDollabout 1 year ago

What a delightful love story. Engaging characters and good sex, written by someone who understands the value of research. I'd not considered adding factual afternotes to my stories but can now see the benefit. My story 'Chiricahua' took a lot a research and another that I'm writing involves two people who own traction engines. Now THAT is involving a lot of research! I'm convinced that such detail adds depth and value to a story. I study maps, climate, and try and use the correct terminology. If a character is at university I make sure that the course he or she is on is available there. I also know Bath well and enjoyed the references.

I was delighted to see so many red 'H' annotations in your back catalogue and am looking forwards to exploring, though maybe not the BDSM ones as that's not my thing.

My only teeny criticism of the story is the number of typos. I use a programme called 'Grammarly' which for some odd reason is free on a desktop PC but you have to pay to use the app. I write on a tablet, email it to myself, then run it through Grammarly on my PC before uploading. Despite my best efforts, it always picks up a few things I've missed.

I'd love to read more of James' and Nina's life together, especially if they move to Peru.

Cali_LoveCali_Loveabout 1 year ago

The name switching tripped me up a bit but all it did was throw some speed bumps at me before I resumed my pace. I’ve done that before, especially when writing two stories at a time, and I’ve been called out on it, but honestly it’s no big deal. I get my children’s names mixed up all the time, like my parents did with me and my sibling. It was the 1* thing that sucked. That person had to make an effort to go to the end, rate the story, and then come out and admit that he or she is a rude person. Do these people realize that it’s FREE?! It’s why I turned comments off on most of my stories. Anyhow, sorry that happened. Thanks for sharing. CL.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A lovely story which broadens my cultural horizons. One oddity of the sex-themed Mocha pottery is the frequent portrayal of anal sex or sex with a woman who is breast feeding a child. This may relate to the pottery depicting sex for pleasure rather than sex for reproduction. Anal intercourse obviously does not lead to pregnancy, and fertility in women who are actively breast feeding is suppressed.

BlissMaraBlissMaraabout 1 year ago

A very enjoyable, nicely paced story, with the richness of cultural detail, especially your endnotes! I enjoyed it immensely, and I agree with the other readers--we need a 'Part 2 in Peru". 5* work.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous