A Legal Trap Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

And as quickly as there was a glimpse of heart, a possible connection, we

were back to the business at hand - back to something more important. I

was sad that that fleeting moment was gone, but I felt lucky to have gotten it.

I reached up to clear my eyes, twice wiping my left eye, while he held my hips. I looked into his eyes and wondered if I could kiss him. He cocked his head a touch as if wondering what I was thinking and I felt his hands leaving my hips...

It was probably a pipe dream anyway - the idea of kissing him. I tried to smile a little bit, stood a little straighter. "I'm good, I... How about we meet in the lobby in twenty minutes?"

It would be a miracle if I could make myself presentable in that time, but I

had to move on - he obviously had.

He agreed and within a couple minutes, I was alone. I needed to push through this, not over-think any of it. Paul was a nice person, a curious guy, and I was something to be figured out. I don't think he meant me any harm, but I felt like I had to be on guard every moment regardless.

I would try to be more understanding, not jump to the worst case when he voiced a discovery about me aloud. I had a feeling we would be discussing this

shit again at some point. I needed to get ready, time was wasting away,

and we needed to get to Amber before something really bad happened to her.

March 10th 4:39 AM

When we arrived at the Carson's', Jacob had answered the door, while talking on the phone. He held up his finger. "Yes, we can be there within the hour," he paused, "Okay, thanks buddy..." Another pause, "Yeah, understood."

He ended the call, checking something on his phone, and then slipping it into

a pocket. "That was Landon. Elizabeth, he's the Field Director for the FBI office here in Phoenix."

I knew that already, but nodded politely...

He went on to say we had just missed the Carson's, though we might have passed them on the street - not much traffic in their neighborhood. We did pass an SVU on our way into their gated community, likely them.

"We're meeting Landon in an hour at the Scottsdale police substation. Paul, the FBI pinged our suspects phone and are going to work some interagency thing to assist the police in Santa Fe. Landon says they'll be able to pinpoint the exact location by the time we get there and an extraction team is being mobilized as we speak. This could all go off about the time Stephanie hits the ground there. The medical flight idea ended up being the ticket - good job on that Elizabeth."

I tried to smile as best I could. I hadn't done anything meaningful I thought - I just wanted everything to turn out well in the end. This really was like something you'd see in an action adventure movie, except it was real, and people's lives really depended on how this played out. I looked to Paul, but he just nodded at Jacob.

"Paul, can you drive us," Jacob asked.

"Sure, whenever you're ready. "

"Let's go."

::: --- :::

12