A Legal Trap Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jacob and I left ten minutes later after some final thanks from the Carson's. Stephanie and I hugged. I whispered to her that I had given Amber my number and that I would be happy to talk with her at any time. She squeezed my hands in thanks.

The ride back to the hotel was quiet, much like the ride to the Carson's. Jacob dropped me off at the entrance to the hotel. He said he was going to meet up with his FBI buddy Landon and that he would catch up with me later. I wasn't sure what I was to do the rest of the day, but I had an idea. Sitting by the pool for a bit to get some much needed sun and decompress.

March 11th, 1:33 PM

On the walk to my room I fished my phone out of my purse with the intention of calling Janet. I wasn't sure what I was going to report, but she had made it clear I was supposed to report. When the iPhone woke up to my touch I could see there were messages from Paul. I clicked on iMessenger and read his texts:

10:33 AM

"Good morning. I wanted to begin by apologizing for last night. I was, I don't know exactly what I was. You were perfect and I was unsure of everything I was feeling. I would like to talk about it, if you are willing to give me a chance to explain. Let me know."

11:58 AM

"How is it going with Amber? The Carson's? I wanted to let you know I overheard Stephanie telling Jacob she really liked you. I like you. I hope we can clear up a few things. I should be back at the hotel by 4. Do you have plans for dinner?"

12:24 PM

"Dinner?"

1:09 PM

"Hello?"

I wasn't sure how I felt about last night, well other than being hurt. The entire evening was beyond amazing. I was drinking every bit of being with Paul like it was all so completely natural, comfortable. We talked, laughed, I know he was flirting and so was I, and then he just left me at my room.

It couldn't have been worse - unless he shook my hand to say 'Good Night'. When the door closed I was left wanting more. I was disappointed and crashing hard in that moment. That is until there was that knock at the door. I opened the door, said something about forgetting something, Paul steps to me, hands on my waist, and we kissed.

It was perfect. I was soaring. And then he stopped, pulled away as if he couldn't reconcile that he was just kissing a biological male who looked like and was to her soul a woman. The confusion, the doubts, and the fear were written all over his face.

I had seen that look many times before. What were his last words before leaving me at my door that second time?

"I'm, I'm really sorry."

I watched him walk away, dumbfounded, and crushed. I haven't cried that hard in a few months. I looked at my phone and considered my response...

::: --- :::

12