All Comments on 'A Letter to Isabel'

by BlackHeart93

Sort by:
  • 272 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
GIVE WIFE SIDE OF THE STORY

give us the why and is it love or just a vain old woman.

DaikkennDaikkennover 3 years ago

Give the wife’s point of view

chytownchytownover 3 years ago
Thanks***

For the read.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago

What happened next? (I don't need/care what wife was thinking other than when she read the letter...)

Helen1899Helen1899over 3 years ago
Great letter

Great letter, but what happened next,only half a story

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Another non male

In other words WIMPY CUCKOLD

She has good job he is paying all for kids etc

What split?

Infidelity adultery. Two fucking cheaters

Call a spade a spade!!!

jtwheels

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 3 years ago
A Suggestion

While reading "the letter," I was uncomfortable about the level of detail and history that was included. Since this letter was written to his wife, why would he include this? Ah ha! Unless he was sending copies of the letter to the kids and any surviving grandparents. Problem solved.

Commenters' request for a response from the wife would be an interesting contrast and sequel. However, I do not agree that is required to provide closure to this story - it stands on its own very nicely.

Thanks for the story. With more experience and "polish," you can perform with the best on this site.

Keep 'em comin'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Goo story...

.... but then what happened after she read the letter?

InfosaugerInfosaugerover 3 years ago

This story needs a sequel. I've read several similar storys/letters and a few times someone wrote a sequel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Over the next 7 years I did occasionally see my ex-wife.

However, every time she tried to appologise for what she had done I turned and walked away. The kids had a hard time forgiving her but eventually let her back in their lives.

One day after my grand daughters second birthday I handed my wife a letter with the explanation not to open it until she got back to the house.

In this letter I wrote that I was very sorry for what had happened to Floyd (NOT) and that I was very sorry to hear about his recent attack (NOT).

Apparently he ran foul of some very nasty people who did a wonderful job of bashing him badly. This was after his company had sacked him and his wife had divorced him (taking everything she could legally get from him).

He was walking out of a dive bar one night when he was set upon by the previously mentioned nasty folk. He was beaten severely, virtually every bone in his body was broken and his testicles were destroyed (curtesy of yours truly) He was a mess when found the next morning and taken to hospital. Seeing as he did not have insurance he was relying on the state health benefits. These did not go very far so he ended up a cripple in the end. The state would not pay for knee replacement surgery so they amputated both his legs above the knees. No prosthetics either so he lives with a wheelchair to get around on now. The state would not pay for cosmetic surgery so his broken cheek bones and his nose were not reset properly and he is no longer good looking (in fact he scares little children when he goes out so he has become rather reclusive). The state definitely did not pay to save his testicles so he became a eunuch.

In my letter I told my wife not to feel sorry for him as he knew they were both married and therefore should not having started a relationship with her. I also stated that he will live the rest of his life regretting his decisions.

I also included several photo's of me and Maria with our child who was 2 years old at that time. And yes my kids knew of their step sister and had met her several times when they flew down for holidays.

I then explained that seeing as the contract is now complete I would be flying back to the States and would be there for 6 months until my next contract was due to start. I also said during this time I had no wish to see her or discuss anything with her as I did not care why she did what she did.

I also stated that I had DNA tests done on the children (they were the ones to insist on this) to ensure I was their father. Luckily they were mine.

I found out from my kids, when I returned to the States, that my wife put in for a transfer to another office in another state after reading my letter. My kids hear from her regularly but I have heard nothing from her since then.

As an aside about 10 years after this story a category 7 earthquake hit the country I had worked in. The only public building left standing was the one my company had built. After a thorough investigation it was discovered that other buildings had been built with sub standard materials and building practices. Several Government officials and important people of the country were jailed for corruption. My company won the majority of the contracts to rebuild the public buildings that were destroyed. After this incident my company won international praise for integrity and honesty and we grew in leaps an bounds.

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 3 years ago

Seems more like a novel than a letter and ended with no closure

SexecutionerSexecutionerover 3 years ago

He went way too soft on the cheating count...

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 3 years ago

Way too easy of the wife. He should have exposed her to the kids and family. I like anonymous' plot below.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
buddy u really need...

... to think better when u write dialogues...every story of yours the dialogues are the weak link...humans dont speak or write like this... if i was angry and trying to take out my anger on my spouse through teh letter...i surely would not write a letter that reads like an emotionless moron has written...no anger no passion no nothing...like an automation describing a boring book he has read!

Hardday1953Hardday1953over 3 years ago
Well thought out

We are all fools from time to time. The sad thing some of us never learn until it is too late. Good job I gave you a 5! PS I really am tired of assholes who throw stones the stories written. Just try writing yourselves you jerks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

This needs a second part

MormonJackMormonJackover 3 years ago
Agree with "anon": this deserves a second chapter

Awesome job. 5 stars.

So.... since you have stated that you like to write endings and follow-ups to others' stories, I'm hoping you can do that here, for your own story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
BULLSHIT, BRING THE PAIN...........................................

Sell the house and take 70%, same with any accounts. And that gets her "irreconcilable differences ". She doesn't sign and everyone gets a copy of the pi's report and adultery is the reason for the divorce. I would assume that the skank has been cheating sonce she started traveling. Burn the bitch to the ground. I would certainly make sure both kids got copies of everything. Ruin everything she holds dear.

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Pity

Pity,we weren't told about his wife's reaction to the letter/divorce.Also I think his divorce settlement was too generous.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Too nice

Why make him a símp? I geuss reality is too hard to write about . No way a man passively reacts like that , it hey it’s your story .

MeredithXMeredithXabout 3 years ago

Without the wife’s reaction, scenes like this are just empty. She was happy to be free for all we know.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

No need for all the family back ground,nor the staff he was taking with him.All story should dealt with was the cheating.

Helen1899Helen1899about 3 years ago

Stupid

She had a house, money, a good job, it wouldn't matter that asshol e lost his job. He would get divorced, they would marry and live happily ever after. The husband would live a miserable life and die a lonely old man. She won, won ,won. He lost lost lost, he wasn't very intelligent was he, why mention the fit Secretary and then say it's strictly business, no point in telling her. Sorry not very well thought out, sorry 3 stars only.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Hmm

Stupid, he knew she was cheating yet he hires PIs twice at vast expense why?

Why divorce just take all the money and walk away.

Diecast1Diecast1about 3 years ago

does the wife have a right of reply? AAA+++

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 3 years ago

I agree with anon, take the money and live your life

rlmdadrlmdadabout 3 years ago

Very good story. I would like to see it continued in a part 2 as maybe "A Letter From Isabel" as his wife attempts to salvage her marriage.

lujon2019lujon2019about 3 years ago

Id have just sold everything I could, cleaned out all the account, moved it all off shore and left without saying a word

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

What's with the crap about creating these impiously spoiled children. Cell phone cars/ why /? most have insurance threw school , what spoiled brats / self indulged on an education/. Nothing earned. Same idiot that promote issues and agendas like same sex marriage /abortion on demand / women's abusive dominance over man there special right of passage. idiom like "Mother of God " the creationalist dream come true. emasculation of our religious beliefs. No turd in the envelop ? or piss on the floor . left her money " why " dip shit.

francemanfrancemanabout 3 years ago

5⭐for the effort, but I'm not a big fan of the letter.

It doesn't make sense to me.

Once the decision to divorce and leave is taken, well he leaves her 3 sentences and then stop.

I know you are an unfaithful wife.

I divorce.

I leave.

the letter as it is almost makes one think of the husband's apologies for the decisions he is making.

Thanks for sharing your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

No good without the wife’s perspective. Eight months is too long to wait to pull the trigger. Three stars at best

nixroxnixroxabout 3 years ago

3 for this story.

Too much is left unsaid.

The investigators (PI) should have been hired when he first detected a problem.

The divorce paperwork should have been started immediately after the first PI report.

The divorce papers should have been served to both perps at their workplaces - very publicly.

etc etc etc

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

THATS IT.......GOOD LETTER BUT THERE SHOULD BE MORE MAYBE.....DULL AND ONESIDED....AT LEAST A COUPLE MORE PAGES WITH THE WHORE WIFE'S VERSION

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

5/5!!!!

.

Who cares 'why'? That does nothing to change the 'what'!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This is not a letter. This is a wimpy daydreaming monologue.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
A letter?

If it's a letter, why is he telling her details of how they met, and the names of their children, to name but a few? Shouldn't she already know how they met, what she worked at, and what she called her kids? Does she have amnesia or alzheimer's? Can't she remember her life? After all, she fucking lived it.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Yeah

It was a good letter. It tells all his details. Now we need to know of her details.

Five Stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Brazilians speak Portuguese not Spanish. I kind of like your passive aggressive stories, but general knowledge of research is needed.

That is especially so in your military references. Non veterans should really stay away from those areas of character development

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What a mild pussy! One would have expected a stronger reaction but instead we are given an absolutely pathetic response! Disgusting!! 2*s.

JonDoe315JonDoe315almost 3 years ago

he listed all his reasons for writing the letter and i agree. sorry but i wouldnt want to hear all her typical bs excuses and doesnt change the fact she cheated. knowing the normal lw's, they love to talk and explain their actions and for that its better to just leave without notice. i think explaining her actions in a way makes them feel relieved in some sort of way like holding onto a huge secret and when u finally let it out theres some weight lifted off their shoulders. good riddance and hope theres a part 2 but i doubt it. nice story though.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The lack of ANY reaction in some sort of epilogue that the wife had to this otherwise decent effort seriously drags the score down. Why present all of this detail in this “letter”, and then not let the reader know if the wife was crushed, ambivalent, angry, or Ok with it all?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

disgustingly mild....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good but too long for a letter.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 3 years ago

Blah blah blah

What took him so long?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

No?? He had everything after opening suitcase first time. If he was going to be wimpy cuckold (as he was) and file for irreconcilable differences as he did he should have filed immediately. If not a wimp send info to All. jtwheels

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

To A Letter? (26 days ago) perhaps she did have memory problems. After all she forgot she was married! To all those who question the time element of leaving- the bell has already been rung, there is no surgery to have her unfucked. Only an IDIOT reacts without planning. Why waste money on temporary quarters. Why fuck himself?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

who the fuck wants to read a one sided letter...where is the drama?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A letter to a cheating wife was a load of dribble. I have caught you cheating with arsehole I have photos and tapes. I have sent copies to his wife and to your employer. Now fuck off. Simple.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 3 years ago

@Anonymous Re: oh darling - Yes, back story is usually a waste anyway, but why does he have to tell it to the person who already knows it?

\

Re: "If you have opened..." should be, "Since you have opened..."

\

@RR, we don't often agree, but I'm with you here! I'm of the school that most back story isn't needed, but IF the author felt that WE needed it, then don't make the whole story the letter! Give us the back story (IF needed!), tell what happened, THEN leave, leaving the letter behind. If a 1st person story, have an epilog where she finds and reads the letter.

\

@Anonymous Re: "Rewriting in the comments - lujon did something similar with oshaw's "Interest." He posted an anonymous comment, then submitted the comment as a story.

\

@Anonymous Re: Brazil - Yes, even though I'm as guilty as most in criticizing stories for being unrealistic, I DO believe on writers being able to create their own reality. One example is the divorce laws. My understanding is that in real life guys aren't fucked like they are in LW, but it's an accepted convention in LW, so be it. But where I DO draw the line is objective facts, like the speak Portuguese in Brazil.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

One thing a lot of these stores have in common, is the husband putting aside his emotions, and allowing the wife to carry on behind his back, while he gets more evidence. Discovering the person you love, is cheating on you, is going to be an emotional shock to your system. I do not believe, most people would be able to keep their reactions under wraps. A much better solution would be, to follow her there, spend the night in her room, and catch her leaving assholes room at 6 in the morning! Or confront them, over the romantic dinner they were having. Give the guy a beat down, then tell the bitch her shit will be in the lawn, when she returns!

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Again, it would be great to see her reaction to his letter.

desecrationdesecrationover 2 years ago

The exhaustion comes through in this letter. Contrary to many of the commenters here, I see the emotional arc he followed. Life is not like television, normies. People who are competent in daily life do not have flailing spasm-tantrums like the people on your favorite shows or YouTube influencers. They get ill, like this man did, and rage and cry in the shower when they think the kids cannot hear. Sometimes they drive their cars into a reservoir and aren't found for twenty years. Sometimes they drink themselves to death or otherwise neglect their health. But the muppet behavior only occurs among the least successful of the normies. Consequently I found it believable. His heart broke, and he realized that there was no point raging, since there was nothing left to desire. That's what the last few lines are about. She left him in her heart long before she did with her body, and yet was entirely content with keeping him around for appearances. This emptiness could not stand. It's a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Too bad the author couldn’t muster the wherewithal to finish this story.

It was great until the lack of ending…

Bill

tazz317tazz317over 2 years ago
IF YOU AE GOING TO BE A 'BTB' er

don't water down on the revenge & punishment. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a puss…

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

3 stars - it was a decent idea however, it did not have an ending or second chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good premise and start... Would've been a good one if there was a conclusion or her POV.

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Far

Far too much unnecessary information in the letter.Also without knowing how his wife and family reacted it is a nothing story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Leaving the county, she still has her job so why is he giving her the house? I think these stories are written by someone from another society than the usa.when men have been betrayed like this in the good old USA, the react with vindictiveness and a desire to injure the people responsible. American men tend to not reward bad behavior towards them. That's what makes this story and so many others like it stink of pussyism.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Gave it a 3. Good story but you left me hanging. It was a VERY generous 3 because of that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Way too talky.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Would love a sequel!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Jó lett volna a feleség oldaláról tudni a gondolatait!!!

Anallicker01Anallicker01over 2 years ago

Too generous with the wife! More revenge would have been nice along with an added chapter for a REAL ending!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Reading many of the comments it is obvious why these comments will be the limit of your writing ability. A couple comments were made that the story was too short while another, it was too wordy (????).

As Rick Nelson sang, "you can't please everyone so you have to please yourself". Thats always been JPB's target audience also!

Good tale, hope you continue writing your works.

somewhere east of Omaha

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Would make a good 750 word story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

he's from england.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good story, well said.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good story, well written.. Thanks for sharing!

TajfaTajfaabout 2 years ago

Very good but why give her the house?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

@lujon2019

Id have just sold everything I could, cleaned out all the account, moved it all off shore and left without saying a word - It would be a blessing if you did, so please do!

MightyheartMightyheartabout 2 years ago

Needs a conclusion.

Did she cheat ?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I re-read this since Isabel's reply by littleOneWon is on the docket. I will read and comment on it next. A couple observations. First, it's interesting that a sequel was written to this since so many of BlackHeart93's stories themselves have been sequels. Second, although I'd saved the story when I first read it, in re-reading it, and first time scoring it, I find that I cannot give it a 5. It's good enough for a 4, since there is real heartbreak and feeling here. But what I personally find hard to get past is that he's got the perfect set-up to take a more aggressive financial posture viz a viz the cheating wife. Why give her the house, and split the other assets 50/50, and then take upon himself alone grad schools costs should there by any? He's decamping to South America, so there's no reason why he shouldn't move ALL the liquid assets along with him, either to his new country of residence, or to one of the offshore havens where she couldn't get at the money. And he should do that first, not file for divorce, at least not yet, just send her the letter with his ring, but leaving out anything about filing for divorce, leaving her the house, what's happening with the other assets, etc. Let her find out that the accounts have been drained when she starts paying bills. And that she can't sell the house because it's jointly owned. If she wants to force the issue, let her file. Good luck serving him in South America, at least at a reasonable cost. OK, don't want to beat this dead horse any deader now, think I've made my point. Doing it my way would have made this a 5. It'll be interesting to see what one of our more poignant writers, littleOneWon, comes up with for Isabel's letter. Oh, and last point. Normally, I find myself seconding Legio_Patria_Nostra's comments, but in this case, a slight demur. For me, this is a 4/5, not a 5/5. And now, on to littleOneWon!

QM

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well we know how his heart got black. Avery good tale that I enjoyed a great deal. She will have a lot to answer to in her company if she wants her job after two years. LP

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

More silliness about giving the wife MORE than she's owed. Why do authors do that? Are we supposed to believe the cheating wife ripped his heart out, shit in his chest, and he rewards her with an extra-large windfall in the divorce? He gave her paid-off house, then split everything 50/50? What kind of nonsense is that? Does that make the author feel like a big man or something?

.

In my book, she gets whatever the law says she's owed. Divorce is already unfair, being biased for the wife, so she doesn't deserve a penny more. Instead, we keep seeing these ruined husbands and their, "take the house, the cars, the bank accounts, the vacation homes, my gold coin collection, and my balls, because all I need is a broken wicker basket and some nuts-and-bolts I keep in a rusty coffee can in the garage. Stupid.

rn2711rn2711about 2 years ago

I miss the wife's reaction to the letter.

Pjam1968Pjam1968about 2 years ago

Absolutely priceless, no need for the wife side off the storie at all

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherabout 2 years ago
1 Star not worth the time to read

Giving a cheating spouse more than she deserves is NOT honorable it is just being a subservient Cuck just like waiting 8 months while the cheating spouse has all kinds of sex until you do something about it.

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanabout 2 years ago

other than the part of giving her more than he needed to ghreat read thax

iameaseliameaselabout 2 years ago

Another weak story about a total bitch but one fuck of an angelic husband.

I truly hate misogynists

6King6Kingabout 2 years ago

It would have made more sense if you had him suck Floyd's cock and swallow. He basically did that anyhow, for months. ⭐

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good author. Different technique using letter format. Lays out his feelings. Don’t understand the vitriol

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

what a weak little cuck faggot .

im sure glad bitch boy gave her such an extreme windfall for her parting gift .

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 2 years ago

Not sure what her salary is, but I suspect her company won't be thrilled having paid what could amount to $700K to her husband... Likely her job will go away after two years.

Also, note that it didn't say anything about her lover's wife suing or not or agreeing to keep quiet. So, can expect the news to get out anyway...

And screw being civil to her. Whoever she is now, she effectively killed the woman he loved - assuming she wasn't *always* a cheating slut.

Just4funinmass80Just4funinmass80almost 2 years ago

Liked it but definitely needs a follow up from her view point

Cracker270Cracker270almost 2 years ago

I like the letter format, it w

Cracker270Cracker270almost 2 years ago

Well done. I would enjoy reading, letter format or not, the wife’s perspective.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 2 years ago

Narration is a terrible way to tell a story.

\

The problem with the letter format is that in order to tell US things, you have to tell Isobel things that she should already know.

\

"thigh-high hoes?" LOLOL!

\

If she's away, how can he write anything on the card?

\

"Jogging machine?" - I think they're called "treadmills."

\

If he's giving her the house, I hope he's taking assets equal to the value of the house before dividing them.

\

Since I assume the company had no knowledge of the affair, there's nothing that they can be sued for.

\

I don't believe he's not going to be boinking Maria, and probably the on;y reason he's hiding that is because they're not divorced yet!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Shit story.

The letter format rarely works.

I doubt the investigators appreciate the fact that he outlined the highly illegal things they provided him with. She can now sue them into oblivion. I'm sure they're highly appreciative.

So, he's basically abandoning his kids? What a scumbag.

Nobody believes he won't be fucking that secretary. But why do LW writers always feel it necessary to add that the next woman has a child and is divorced, usually with the previous husband either a scumbag or a hero? Why not some hot young thing fresh out of college? I mean seriously.

And finally, I absolutely hate it when the husband waits an absurd amount of time, gathers an absurd amount of evidence, and then just cuts and runs. What's the fucking point? It doesn't make for a good story at all.

Simon_MastersSimon_Mastersalmost 2 years ago

If I'd found that stuff in her suitcase, I'd have dosed the gusset of her underwear with chilli juice.....just saying.

Frankfiredawg06Frankfiredawg06almost 2 years ago

I would love a follow up to this story

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
Correct

The writer was direct,it could have been a short letter and it should have been.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Just finished your story/letter to Isabel. Longer than expected, but one this long requires a response or justification from Isabel. If you’re thinking about such a story, that would be great. Otherwise, still a 5 star rating.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Bravo!

Ed

parenthesisparenthesisalmost 2 years ago

Well written but it leaves me kinda...wanting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The problem is............ The way it was ended means there is more to follow. Had he just vanished all well and good. Saying he will see her with his children just means the story continues because of those meetings.

miket0422miket0422almost 2 years ago

The concept of using a letter to tell the story was a novel approach.

It went downhill fast when James decided to recap how they met and the history of their marriage. They've been married 24 years and the letter is to his wife. Why would he take the time to write out all these things she obviously already knows?

In a lot of ways I liked how the letter eliminated all the insane conversations and arguments that occur when the cheating spouse is confronted. But, not knowing how she reacted to this letter and the news that she's lost her husband of 24 years left this story feeling empty to me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very long we’ll written tedious letter and suddenly dropped us, your readers, on into the void of a black hole. No follow-up or ending or indication of continuation or further chapters.

You, of all writers, who has written sequels, alternate versions, etc, have decided to leave your audience hanging?????

We are sure there is a reason???

This is not the first story you have done this with!

And why should we become and stay as valued readers in your maybe growing fan base?

So we can continue to be left hanging?

You should have taken the Ending class……

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You need a better proofreader. And finish the story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBlackHeart93@BlackHeart93
Retired, retired. Trying to improve my writing abilities. Enjoy the instant feedback of readers. Appreciate the help of editors to catch my errors—and I try to learn from them.