A Life More Ordinary - Prologue

Story Info
A daring plan to start a new life.
8.9k words
4.61
7.2k
10

Part 1 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 01/23/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Guest238
Guest238
100 Followers

Author's note: Hello and welcome to my first attempt at erotic fanfiction! This series is essentially a dramatic telling of a Stardew Valley playthrough, though with some substantial liberties taken with both the setting and the romance system. By way of content warnings, it features futanari, large to massive breasts, oral sex, incestuous relationships between magically engineered "sisters", lots of storytelling with little sexual activity, and most importantly, a highly amateurish ability to write sexy scenes. These warnings will be updated per chapter as necessary. If any of these are of little interest to you, the reader, I offer my apologies.

Disclaimer: All characters engaging in sexual activity are at least 18 years of age.

*****

Kaylia walked through the halls of the imperial palace towards the audience chambers, silently reviewing the steps of the plan. It required making it through the council session without betraying herself, but decades of training and meditation granted her almost perfect control over her body language, facial expressions, and emotional responses. She was certain Astria and Zoria would still be able to read her like a book, given their specific talents, but Astria would keep to herself as inscrutably as always and Zoria wasn't here to ask questions. Kaylia was thankful for Z's absence but lamented the possibility of never being able to see or embrace her favorite sister again. If everything went accordingly, she would attend this meeting, give her reports, provide her insight to the Emperor, likely get into an argument with Vendria, and then leave both the palace and the Empire for good.

Kaylia swept in to the audience chambers, removed her scarlet mask of office, and bowed before His Imperial Majesty Hadrian XII, Emperor of Gotoro, Master of Light and Shadow, Keeper of the Ancient Ways, et cetera et cetera. She was the last of the Bladesisters, Champions of the Empire, to arrive, as was usually the case. Even without her mask, she cut a tall, imposing figure in her ornate battle armor. A snort to her left indicated the usual disapproval from Vendria, as usual, and the remaining Bladesisters were respectively bored, cheerful, and inscrutable, again as usual.

The young emperor (maybe not so young anymore, he was almost 21, after all) nodded his head, a slight smile forming on his lips as he bid Kaylia take her place with an off-handed wave. When she had done so, the Emperor called the meeting to order.

"Let this meeting of the Imperial Council come to order. Be it known that in attendance are:

"Kaylia the Red, the Peerless Tactician, Unmatched General of the Empire;

"Vendria the Blue, the Front Line, Immortal Bulwark of the Empire;

"Thalia the Green, the Unerring Eye, Grand Yeoman of the Empire;

"Rosaria the Yellow, the Golden Herald, Cherished Voice of the Empire;

"Astria the Purple, the Fateweaver, Master Intelligencer of the Empire;

"And Hadrian, some guy they picked up off the street for cheap thrills."

Kaylia smiled and shook her head, her sisters similarly amused by the Emperor's complete inability to take himself seriously.

"Be it also known that absent is Zoria the Grey, the Quiet Mask, Faceless Shade of the Empire; and that we wish her speedy return to her Empire and her sisters."

He waited a moment before proceeding with the meeting, in deference to the missing Bladesister. In truth, Zoria had been on a deep cover assignment in Ferngill for the past three years, and her reports had stopped almost immediately thereafter. Kaylia knew that she would be okay, given Z's shapeshifting and empathic abilities would allow her to blend in seamlessly anywhere. Kay lost herself in thought remembering that last day together, Z shaping herself to the ridiculous proportions she knew drove Kay wild, drawing multiple orgasms out of each other with only their mouths, making passionate love long into the night, holding each other until it was time for Z to head out. 'Don't worry,' Z said, her hand over Kay's heart, 'we'll always be together here, no matter what.'

"...Madame General, what news from the northern isles?"

Kaylia snapped back to the present. She rose and addressed the council, noting Vendria's complete disinterest.

"The Republic has done an excellent job entrenching whilst our forces were otherwise occupied in Orgoth." With a wave of her hand, she summoned a holographic model of the island chain, pointing out where the Ferngill Republic (Hated enemies! May they burn in retribution!) had fortified their positions. "They essentially have complete control of the agriculture and industry there, and they've been able to reinforce each island they've taken and fortify in a startlingly short amount of time."

"And we can break those defenses down just as quickly if we strike now!" Vendria interrupted, banging the arm of her chair for punctuation. Kaylia rolled her eyes, dismissing the model with another wave.

"A frontal assault would be disastrously expensive, in terms of both troops and materiel, as you well know."

"I agree." Vendria smirked at Kaylia's obvious surprise. "I think you need to send Thalia in with artillery and burn them out. Send the Republic a powerful message about attempting to claim the Empire's property without sanction. You know, like we used to do."

The Emperor nodded, considering this course of action. "That seems reasonable, General, if a little bloodthirsty. Despite wanting to end this conflict swiftly, we do have a reputation to maintain, and not answering this clear affront to our sovereignty would send a terrible message both within and without."

"Indeed." Rosaria added. "Already, the people in the capital worry about our inaction in this area, and while it's not difficult to... adjust their thinking with a few words here and there, it may grow into something more troubling without a more definite response."

Kaylia nodded, having heard the same grumbling from her field command. She turned to Thalia. "Answer that, Thal."

Thalia, reclining in her seat with one leg draped over the arm, sighed dramatically. "Those islands provide a big chunk of Gotoro's fresh produce. I go in with the artillery, we have to completely scorch the earth to drive the Republic out, and I mean REALLY scorch it. Enemy troops, prisoners, civilians that didn't get out in time, buildings, farms, ports, those melons that turn themselves into sorbet when you freeze them; all of it has to burn. We do that, not only have we thrown away a bunch of Imperial lives for the sake of a 'proper response', but those islands will never produce a piece of fruit or stalk of grain ever again, and they may be completely useless for years. I mean, who would want to live on a blasted wasteland, anyway."

"The Artillerist speaks true," Astria added, unbidden, from behind her mask. Of the Bladesisters, she was the only one to never remove it, even here. "Such a response would necessitate complete eradication to be considered successful. There would be nothing left but bone and ash when her grim work was done."

"Thanks, I think," Thalia responded.

"No offense, your majesty, sister," Kay picked up, turning to the Emperor and Rose, "but I'd prefer to not deprive the Empire of 50% of its food supply. On top of a morale and propaganda nightmare not even your predecessors could turn into a victory, and we know how bloodthirsty they were."

Rosaria paled with the thought, and the Emperor grimaced. "Well put, General. What would you propose?"

She smiled. This is where her talents really shone.

"We starve them out."

Vendria's scorn was immediately apparent. "YOU JUST SAID-"

"They have the farms," Kaylia said, cutting Vendria off, "but they don't have access to any processing facilities. Those are on the mainland, of which we have secure control. Their troops may have some farmers amongst them, certainly, and they may be able to harvest some of the crops, but not all of them. We keep them from getting materiel support with a blockade, wait until the food they do have starts to turn, and then we negotiate their surrender when they start getting desperate."

"I think it's a waste of time." Vendria responded, sitting back down in a huff, as the Emperor turned to her.

"If time is all we waste, as it seems according to the General's analysis, it's worth considering. Lady Sage," he said, turning to Astria at his right, "do you have any thoughts?"

"The General seeks to avoid needless loss of life in exchange for a relatively small material loss." Astria intoned. "In fact, were she successful, I believe it will avoid all loss of life entirely."

"Sold!" The Emperor said. "General, make it happen."

"At once, your majesty." With a thought, Kaylia relayed the commands to her commanders. Having briefed them before the council session, they already knew what would be required, and she was sure the blockade would be in place before the day's end.

"Excellent. Tomorrow's prisoner exchange?"

"On schedule, your majesty. Thalia will be there to ensure there are no undue complications." Kaylia wasn't sure, but she thought she could hear Astria's eyebrow raise behind her mask.

"Yeah," Thalia interjected, "Kay asked me to go so she could 'monitor the blockade', like it will need it or something."

"There is no suspected intrigue, your majesty," Astria added, "though I wonder if the General is being... overcautious."

"Scared, more like."

Kaylia turned to Vendria, her anger matched by the vicious sneer on Ven's face.

"Excuse me?"

"Here we go." Thalia adjusted in her seat to get a better look at the brewing fight. Rosaria looked on with worry.

"Is there a problem?" The Emperor asked, his voice wavering between concern and amusement.

"You're damn right there is!" Vendria jumped to her feet and got right up in Kaylia's face. Amongst the Bladesisters, only she matched Kaylia in stature and build, her armor a bright cobalt mirror to Kaylia's crimson. "THIS ONE has been jerking me and my troops around for the past three months without so much as one good scrap worth my time, and I think she's doing it on purpose!"

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" Kay replied, "I didn't realize valuing human lives over sating your battle lust was such a problem!"

"Don't get all high and mighty on me, Miss Priss! We're at war, the very least you could do is engineer a few decent battles so me and Thal can cut loose!"

"Don't drag me into this," Thalia deadpanned, "I'm fine not shooting at people constantly."

"You're just weak!" Vendria ignored her sister's comments. "I think you're a stuck-up coward that's afraid of what a defeat in battle will do to your precious reputation!"

"And I think you're a bloodthirsty bitch who gets off on hurting people!" Kaylia said it before she knew what she was doing, and she could sense Vendria's rage boiling.

"What did you call me?" Vendria asked quietly.

"I called you," Kay said, inching closer to Vendria's face, "a bloodthirsty... sadistic... bitch. What are you going to do about it?"

"Oh Goddess, not again," Thalia complained. Rosaria's concern melted away and clapped with excitement. Even the Emperor's constant smirk widened into a dazzling smile as they awaited what was to come.

Vendria's eyes narrowed before she took a big step backward and thrust a finger in Kay's face.

"Valjean! At last! We see each other plain! Monsieur le Maire! You'll wear a different chain!"

A smile briefly flashed on Kay's face before she regained her composure and responded appropriately.

"Before you say another word, Javert! Before you chain me up like a slave again Listen to me, there is something I must do! This woman leaves behind a suffering child, There are none but me who can intercede! In mercy's name, three days are all I need."

While they clashed constantly, Kay and Ven were still Bladesisters, and they held a deep love and respect for one another despite the vitriol they could sling at one another. Some years ago, when their tempers grew exceptionally hot, they had taken to singing a duet from their favorite stage production both as a means of stress relief and to fight without actually fighting. This usually happened in private, but this was not the first council meeting to spontaneously erupt in an exceptionally hammy performance.

They sang the intricate duet perfectly, as always, their voices filling the hall with melody and harmony as they stalked each other around the room. Musical ability was not one of the magical gifts instilled by the Empire's wizards when they created the Bladesisters, and this performance was the result of decades of practice. Regardless of how they felt about each other at any moment, this was always an act of love, as the Bladesisters loved one another deeply as the only true family they had ever known.

The Emperor quietly adjourned the meeting at the song's conclusion, and he departed followed closely by Rosaria, chattering about upcoming festivals, and Astria, silent as ever. Thalia snorted as she passed Kay and Ven, shaking her head. When she was gone, Kay and Ven embraced, kissing passionately. Things between them had never gone further than this, their differences and proclivities too great to allow a more physical relationship to survive, much less thrive, but they would always love and support one another to the end, as they would all their sisters. For all of the conditioning and magical training instilled in them at their creation, the wizards' greatest failure was not ensuring that their loyalty would be to the Empire. Before all else, they were loyal to each other.

As the kiss subsided, they rested their foreheads against each other's. "I love you, sister, now and always," they spoke in unison. They looked in each others eyes and their embrace ended. Vendria shook her head at Kaylia, donned her cobalt mask, and marched out of the room, likely in search of someone to punch.

Alone in the audience chamber, Kay collapsed to her knees, tears flowing as she realized how much she would miss this. She knew deep down that she was doing the right thing, but the reality of leaving her sisters, betraying them, struck just as deeply. She remained in her sadness for a moment, letting it wash over her completely, before wiping her eyes, composing herself, and rising to her feet. If she didn't leave, nothing would change. It had to be done.

She donned her crimson mask before leaving the room for the last time.

*****

The prisoner exchange had been arranged by Astria at the Emperor's behest (more likely by Astria's suggestion, Kaylia thought to herself). 20 Ferngill prisoners for 20 Imperials. Kaylia hoped this would be the start of a more permanent peace, and knew Hadrian would be the man to make it happen. Even with the incredible talents of the Bladesisters at the Empire's command, the people would suffer terribly if the war continued much longer. For the first time in recorded history, the Emperor was not an arrogant, bloodthirsty tyrant fomenting intrigue in the populace and his own cabinet for sick amusement or in some deranged attempt at social evolution. Hadrian was a forceful leader who demanded complete obedience, but the command was tempered with compassion and wisdom, or so Kaylia believed. If she was right, she might one day be allowed to return; if she was wrong, all the better to leave now.

In truth, there were only 19 Republic prisoners that were ready to be exchanged, selected by Kaylia and Astria from amongst the Empire's sizable population of POWs. It was trivial for Kaylia to invent one more, to forge the appropriate documents, to slip that soldier's records into the right hands. Astria had not questioned her late addition to the prisoner exchange, and while that would normally be cause for concern, Kay wrote it off as being squarely in Astria's one blind spot: she would never suspect her sisters of actively deceiving her. At least, Kay hoped to the Goddess that Astria wouldn't.

Her disguise also presented no challenge, as the uniform itself was generic and there were plenty of Republic patches and insignia to hand. She was also able to secure the few items she wanted to take with as the new prisoner's personal belongings, casual inspection of which would turn nothing more than a simple, tarnished gold medallion, a "replica" of the Peerless Tactician's mask, and a stack of letters, her true exit strategy and the basis of a plan years in the making. She wondered about the wisdom of keeping her armor and mask, but realized she couldn't bear to part with them.

It was masking her physical appearance that would be the greatest challenge. Her violet skin could be masked to something more humanlike with greasepaint, but it needed constant retouching. She had to cut her long, silver hair far shorter than she was accustomed, leaving her with a short, spiky style that needed a headband to reign in. The headband would also cover the long, graceful tips of her elvish ears, at least for long enough to conceive of a believable explanation for them. She had experimented with hair dye, but none of the products ever took, and had always remained the striking silver that she and her sisters shared. That meant keeping it under a helmet. Neither could anything be done about her eyes, a brilliant shade of crimson that was her true badge of office. Her best hope would be to bandage her face and keep her gaze lowered, much like the thousands of shell-shocked prisoners she had encountered in her lifetime. None of this would be necessary in Ferngill, thank the Goddess, her attributes explained away as a side-effect of Imperial medicine.

After donning the disguise and double-checking that her affects were where they needed to be, Kaylia locked herself in a cell at Capitol Headquarters, alongside 19 other Ferngill Republic soldiers who were no doubt ready to go home. That night, she slept fitfully, dreaming of the life she hoped to build if all this worked.

*****

They were loaded onto a transport ship which sailed to the rendezvous point well north of Imperial waters. The prisoners were to be loaded onto small launches and transferred 5 at a time. Both prisoners and crew were nervous at the presence of an Imperial Bladesister, but many were glad it wasn't that Bladesister. The Unerring Eye reclined on a railing overlooking the prisoners, perfectly balanced and resplendent in her green armor. She was fiddling with the optics on the longrifle she carried, the task somehow not impeded by her mask, the same emerald as her armor and adorned with stylized stag horns.

No plan survives contact with the enemy, Kaylia thought to herself as she regarded Thalia upon the railing. If anything could go wrong, it would be Thalia's supernatural perception kicking in at the wrong time to see through her disguise. She chose Thalia to go in her place specifically because Thal would be bored out of her skull with what was, to her, makework, and Kay had a chance so long as Thal didn't take it seriously.

Activity on the deck intensified when the Ferngill vessel was sighted. Imperial troops took their positions along the deck, while Thalia remained on the rail, looking as disinterested as could be possible behind a mask. Eventually, the two ships pulled up alongside each other and a gangplank was extended between them. Kay's heart leapt into her throat as she realized the exchange procedure had changed without her knowledge. Luckily, she wasn't the only one.

"I thought we were going over in boats?" one of the other prisoners asked aloud.

"Nah," Thalia responded, startling everyone present. "Too slow, too difficult to monitor. You go over one at a time. Don't try anything stupid," she added, patting her longarm lovingly. Kay smiled to herself, of course she would change the plan to make the job easier on her. The ship's captain ordered the prisoners to line up, and Kay found herself at the end of the line. Thalia cleared her voice and spoke again.

Guest238
Guest238
100 Followers