All Comments on 'A Little Louder'

by 012Say

Sort by:
  • 46 Comments
servant111servant111about 1 year ago

Nothing much and no pathos whatsoever.

3 stars

AbovethecircleAbovethecircleabout 1 year ago

Perhaps even count to 50 before responding!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Waste of time!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Ok..if this is your idea of telling the readers taht this is a story and it is complete…sorry! Did not make any sense …

DessertmanDessertmanabout 1 year ago

Shouting doesn't get anyone anywhere. Listening does.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great start to a story but nothing else.

RanDog025RanDog025about 1 year ago

Could have watched this on you tube or the TV for that matter!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

750 word needs to die in a fire. I seriously want my five minutes back.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Didn’t work. Just not enough info.

.

2 **

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I'm not sure where you learned about writing, but this aint it. This is not a story, just ramblings

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

No, actually I've never been the little pussy like the husband in your pathetic story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Brevity is by no means the sister of talent. It seems to me that writers simply cover their laziness with this format. A vivid detail or scene flashes in their heads. And instead of covering it with a slender narrative canvas or writing it into some digestible plot, the author gives everything in the format of a flash story, thereby scratching his creative itch, but leaving readers in frustration and perplexity. Is it possible to create a petition with a vote for the categorical prohibition of this stupid format - 750 words?

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

Going their separate ways seems the best thing to do!

4

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This is one of those stories that makes you want to curse whoever came up with the 750 word project. Sorry, but the challenge is not to just post 750 words. Anybody can do that. The challenge is to fit a complete story into those 750 words. You failed to do so.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Greatly enjoyed this.

Terse, succinct, effective, and TRUE.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 1 year ago

Well thank you for reminding me that adults get angry and they scream at each other.

I'm sure many of us over the past several months have forgotten what happens

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I don't get it. There is nothing magic about 750 words. This was NOT a 750 word story, or at least not a very good one. I hope you return to this opening scene and maybe create a story that includes it. Thanks for the effort, what there was of it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

My wife is the same way, she has NO idea what its like to talk in a normal tone.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

One of the reasons I don't like the 750-word format is this story. Good idea, well written, but there just wasn't enough space to do the story justice. How it began, how it progressed and how it ended was left out. Too bad.

inka2222inka2222about 1 year ago

This didn't work as 750 words, sorry. Most importantly, there's a briefest hint that she cheated and he didn't, but it's not expanded at all, which would separate it from a story about a "situation" (which is fine), with two people I don't give a F&^* about; to a LW story with a protagonist and and antagonist. I feel this would have been far better as a longer (doesn't need to be too long) story without as much ambiguity.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelyloveabout 1 year ago

Great start to an interesting story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This was not a good fit for the 750 word limit.

26thNC26thNCabout 1 year ago

Not bad, but this one just means more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Ok...?????

So where is the story..???

JusteenKJusteenKabout 1 year ago

As first chapters go I've read worse. But if this is the story in it's entirety it is crap.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

911 and file charges. Domestic abuse is instigated just as often by females as by males. And it's unacceptable.

DrgwngDrgwngabout 1 year ago

Regarding anon previous. Yes that statement is true. It is also true the when men instigate violence, they most often hit shove or push. When women instigate, they employ weapons such as kitchen knives, heavy thrown objects, golf clubs, etc. Men are more likely to be bleeding when officers arrive. Men are also far more likely to be arrested, even when they re obviously injured. Many jurisdictions hav mandatory arrest law, and the male is nearly always the target….as police will habitually disregard a woman’s attack, or belittle and discount an attack on hubbyby making fun as he is beaten. Fun times right. Just another double standard.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Brilliant. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

So true!

People when angry raise voices and then it escalates

NKKMDNKKMD7 months ago

I think it was well written. No fuss, no muss and got the point across. I don’t get the dissatisfaction in some of the comments. Maybe too little voyeuristic of others pain, retribution et all. Please don’t let it dishearten you. Sure, write long format as well, but this effort was good in my book.

5*

ibuguseribuguser7 months ago

This was my 2nd read. First time, I gave you 4* but now I see it's easily worth 5 so that was remedied.

SyzyguySyzyguy7 months ago

Neat little snapshot, I don't need to know more, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Great story. Less is more. I really do not care what happens next as he has put her so far on the defensive....Also if he comes home and she starts again he has a record of the cops being there. They should do it the easy way...just split.

GardenshedGardenshed6 months ago

Good story, escalation in screaming does not work.

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Really well done. Amazing how some writers can create such a great story in so few words, when most here can't do it with 10 or 20 times as many. And thanks for raising the bar a bit...

nixroxnixrox6 months ago

3 stars - there should have been an epilogue stating that one week later the BITCH got served, after six months the divorce was final and he lived happily ever after.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I liked it, although I will admit to curiosity about what happened before and after...

cyendreycyendrey5 months ago

We have the scene setter, but no follow up.

26thNC26thNC5 months ago

Good, but needs another chapter. We need stories with endings, that’s why you make the big bucks.

clarkgarbleclarkgarble5 months ago

Pithy and pointed. 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A very well made point.

Assuming he's innocent, his wife is VERY unbalanced, to a physically dangerous, potentially homicidal degree.

Marriage counseling would be not only pointless but even personally dangerous for him. Clearly her behavior is borderline paranoid and clearly constitutes spousal abuse. His only rational course of action is divorce.

shadrachtshadracht3 months ago

Maybe the intro to a story, but not a story. These 750 can be satisfying in the hands of a master. This, not so much. 2*

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Pump and dump and about as satisfying.....

dikupinyadikupinya3 months ago
good start

please continue

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
user012Say@012Say
I find the LW stories fascinating. So many talented authors finding different stories in a very narrow set of circumstances. The stories which I prefer (to write) are not as black and white as some. I think living well is the best revenge. I keep looking for stories which appr...