All Comments on 'A Little Peace and Quiet'

by Regguy69

Sort by:
  • 106 Comments
SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 1 year ago

Wonderful. You can also bet that her lover is going to be in BIG trouble with his uncle and the law firm. And Vera's dreams of instant wealth have gone up in smoke.

BehindbluisBehindbluisabout 1 year ago

In the words of the green skinned behemoth, "Nuff said!"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Strate forward and to the point. In addition, why do women always say "I'll make it up to you?" Have they found a way to be 'un-fucked?

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

Peace and quiet is good thing if it is not followed by a hangover!

5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

if you find the use of the word "refuse" okay. But I think you mean "refuge"

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66about 1 year ago

An excellent story. 5 stars.

jazzharpjazzharpabout 1 year ago

Better than your first attempt at 750. There is actually a story here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

He has a pair and he is using them

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Story was serviceable, but Woodford is jus-slightly-better-than-mediocre. Calling it ‘fine’ stretches my suspension of disbelief.

DoNotPassGoDoNotPassGoabout 1 year ago

Short but sweet BTB.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

You should have made it longer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Much better than your other story, but I worry about a guy who sits in refuse.

Burner70Burner70about 1 year ago

Another good story wasted in the shitty 750 word challenge

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I did like the uncle twist.

The one thing that this story has and that I am tired of is the weak-mindedness of the wives. Women sharpen their manipulation and verbal skills like men sharpen their physical and problem-solving skills.

miket0422miket0422about 1 year ago

Pretty sure that barstool was his refuge not his refuse.

In a short story like this one wrong word can very much destroy the flow of what was otherwise a very nice story.

Love the point that her lover's uncle was the lawyer who wrote the pre-nup

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

good always love it when the prenup holds up. makes the cheater soooo apologetic. so i am sorry honey you know it was only sex apologetic. F*** them

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 1 year ago

"my refuse" - REFUGE! Only 750 words, think you could do a better job of editing.

\

Even without the lawyer's rookie mistakes, even without the pre-nup, even with the (according to LW anti-man bias in divorce courts), how she thought she could leave him penniless and keep him from the kids is ludicrous.

lc69hunterlc69hunterabout 1 year ago

Generally not a fan of these type of stories, but when faced with egregious behavior by the wife, it is well deserved.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I don’t understand. Why does he throw out the bar stool?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Real life women don’t give their husbands ridiculous ultimatums like the one in this sorry little story. Only in weird BTB fantasies do women act that way. Next time, write a story about how real people act. Also, this is an erotic story site and your story isn’t erotic in any way.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitabout 1 year ago

If only all of us had been smart enough to get a prenup....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

That was free and took me two minutes to read, and I still feel like I was ripped off. Is there a template you BTB children all use?

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 1 year ago

Just enough and not too much. People will be along soon to complain that their check list isn't complete, but this had everything it needed. Good job!

MobinMobinabout 1 year ago

Damn the twist that the lot nation's uncle wrote the prenuptial was good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The author uses both the story's title, along with James' words to Vera "... and I'll pick the kids up on Sunday", to let us know (without having to beat us over the head with it) that their breakup didn't turn out well for her.

It's clear that James is using Vera's weekend with the kids for some "me time" to relax and wind down after a hectic period raising them as their primary custodian.

I haven't often noticed this kind of effective subtlety used before, in stories posted here.

I like it! Good job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Don’t back down, dude! Five stars ⭐️ for this one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Another useless 750 wordy thing.

someoneothersomeoneotherabout 1 year ago

There are many bad lawyers out there, but a lawyer giving advice about a pre-nup agreement he had never seen is a bit too much, particularly when it is a foundation of the story.

Jetcrash747Jetcrash747about 1 year ago

Life’s a bitch, then you die. The wife wanted a lover but she received a divorce instead.

nixroxnixroxabout 1 year ago

5 stars - she got exactly what she wanted - the freedom to do whatever she chose to do - end of story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Kinda says it all.

KRD19254KRD19254about 1 year ago

This is good not needing a part two. Just enough detail to give us BTB'ers the warm fuzzy. Too bad the kids are the real losers.

\

5.5*****, Hooyah, Salutes....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The writer does not know his bourbon.

aprguyaprguyabout 1 year ago

Usually I find 750 word stories leave me wanting for more detail. This one gave me all I needed. Well done. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

LOL @ people that still think prenups hold up in modern courts. Talk to a real lawyer and find out for yourself. Basically, lawyers and judges have made marriage an untenable position if you have any sanity left today.

MightyHornyMightyHornyabout 1 year ago

And that's the way the cookies should always crumbled...

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 1 year ago

Short one right up there with HDK quality! 5*

Moonbat74Moonbat74about 1 year ago

A well used 750 words

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I'm really tired of 750 word stories. Everybody and their brother can write them, proving it's not really a challenge. The only possibly challenging part is whether or not it could be considered a complete story, and that's a completely arbitrary assessment.

.

This was a fine effort with satisfactory results... for a 750 word story. It could have been a favorite if only it had been 3 or 4 Lit pages. 5 stars, ho hum.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

So the story is all about this guy saying to his whore wife what he has no doubt already said before? Who cares? Maybe the guy has a drinking problem? Maybe the wife has legitimate reasons for wanting out of the marriage? Maybe Everyone will be better off after the divorce? Sounds like the beginning of a really interesting story. I hope someone writes it. Thanks for the effort.

LWLover60LWLover60about 1 year ago

Better than your first attempt, which was pretty damn good on it's own. This is better because you told the complete story in 750 words without leaving anything dangling. I'd still love to read a longer version.

mac1729mac1729about 1 year ago

There is solace in a good bourbon

Thanks for writing

26thNC26thNCabout 1 year ago

A much told LW cheating wife story told in a different way. Great story with a nice little twist on the prenup.

Ray RobertsRay Robertsabout 1 year ago

What story? not worth the effort to read it, thankfully it only took 5 minutes 2*

VincepetroneVincepetroneabout 1 year ago

This barstool had become my refuge, not refuse. Nice story though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

That was pretty good. Four stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

'Nuf said... 5 Stars

fredbrownfredbrownabout 1 year ago

Well hell, you can't win'em all, sometimes plans just don't work out.

I like these 750 worders and this is a good'en .......

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonabout 1 year ago

Love the Pink Floyd references. "Vera! Vera! What has become of you?!"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Another good writer who has become lazy and used this 750 BS as an excuse. One star for not thinking enough about his readers to write a whole story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Too many simple, declarative sentences beginning with I. Yeah, 750 words are your limit, but the first paragraph almost killed it be fore it began.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 1 year ago

What VinceP said. Refuse is trash (as well as not accepting something) i.e. That which has been rejected. Fits well with Vera, but not a barstool. A complete story. Dad will resume his (new) family duties. Mom sank her own boat! The kids will have a primary parent who knows how to competently manage his life. As good as it gets.

5*

teedeedubteedeedubabout 1 year ago

Blue eyes crying in the rain......

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Perfect.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69about 1 year ago

Damn! Lots of heartache this week.

Rocky62Rocky62about 1 year ago

Done deal for that gullible ho

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Oh my goodness great start. Needs a longer version with this as an ending or just the preview. Let's hear what she said and his internal thoughts and hers.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionabout 1 year ago

As I've said before and will say again, nothing more than the introduction page of a story that could be great once fleshed out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Short, sweet, and brutal.

She got what she thought she wanted.

Now she can live with the consequences.

LucasredLucasredabout 1 year ago

Just not a fan of the 750 word stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Gotta have some retribution for the scumbag lawyer she hooked up with. Minimum the uncle shoukd fire his nephew with cause!!! BJ

FantasyTrainFantasyTrainabout 1 year ago

Short & sweet! Bye bitch!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Pretty much a perfect 750 word story .

5 * all day long .

DK

dgfergiedgfergieabout 1 year ago

Goodbye to another selfish person. I know there are better adjectives to describe people that don't really believe in the marriage vows and break them. I guess I am in the minority in believing there should be a penalty for violating them. Good story. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

People are always sorry after the fact. Didn't stop them from ruining a bunch of lives. Sometimes you get what you deserve. Nicely played.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Turning their words against them and a little lawyer secret. DO NOT give in; she said the words, she meant them, CUCK!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I thought the story was a piece of crap. I am tired of all the stories where the wife is a cheatin slut. Sure, this happens in life, but here are just as many cheating husbands as there are cheating wives. I am tired of the wife always being the bad person. I don't read this crap. I skip to the end of the story. If I don't like the end, I don't read the story. You can dump my comments. You don't have to print them. I know that, but that will not stop me from giving you ten or twelve "HATE IT" comments and ruining your score. Hae a good day!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

To Anon, one day ago. If you have the ability to use the internet, you will find that men and women, cheat at about the same rate. If you dig deeper, you will find that that 70% of divorces are instituted by women. if you narrow it down to women with College degrees, it goes up to 90%.

( 2015, American Sociological Association) So, this leaves us with this question. If women and men cheat at the same rate, why do women start the majority of divorces? Well.... This is the reason you read so many of these stories about women, on Lit. It seems to be a pattern, where a lot of women want to re-define their marriage, and keep their lover, and force the husband to become a cuck. Why? That’s a good question. But the bottom line is this- Divorces favor women. If a wife can get married, raise a family over 20 years, then eviscerate her husband for her own fun, and personal gain- so be it. THAT has nothing to cheating, per se. Open your mind- You might learn something- 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

A good start on a story but severely lacking in completion. Where's the aftermath? Where's the payback? Where's the ending?

RimmerdalRimmerdal12 months ago

Quite good. Full on story would be nice.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Enough said, bitch got her freedom

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Short and sweet. Looks like everyone of even moderate economic means near a prenuptial nowadays. Simplifies things...

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I liked the fact you did not use the kids as an excuse for them to get back together. You had him do the right thing for himself and the kids.

Schwanze1Schwanze110 months ago

Nice drinking story

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Follow up to the anon 7 down. Marriage, how many other contracts can you think of where the party that breaks it walks away with cash and prizes?

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades9 months ago

Short, sweet and to the point. Thanks for you witing.

Lowrider2020Lowrider20208 months ago

All was said in just 750, good job!

redboat7redboat77 months ago

Great!! Loved it!!

CaptFlintCaptFlint7 months ago

Simple. Direct. Well done. Thank you.

SyzyguySyzyguy6 months ago

Effective, with a nice little twist at the end.

XluckyleeXluckylee6 months ago

5 stars from Xluckylee for a great short story

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Much appreciated. Five stars.

Huedogg2Huedogg26 months ago

fire in the hole...........damn the bomb fucked her dumb ass up

willyk1212willyk12125 months ago

fuck her and the white horse she rode in on good one

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Bullseye!

A bit confused by the anon who's fed up with cheating wife stories. Why would you log on to LW if you don't like cheating wife stories? I love 'em! I know he's upset at the numerical gender imbalance of the cheats but he should take a chill pill. Most of us understand that there are some great women out there. I know, I'm married to one!

inka2222inka22225 months ago

As far as "cheating wife" vs. "cheating husband" stories, it has a very simple real world explanations for numerical discrepancy - whole THREE of them.

/

1. in REAL world, a cheating husband's victim wife can go to the Family Court, and destroy his life with relative ease. Get custody of kids, usually most of family assets and most of his future income, fuck him over on child visitations later, turn the kids against him (if he actually cheated, not much work to do that). Then, she can EASILY find herself tons of sex partners, or even a soft-headed moron to marry her and raise her husband's kids (OK, i'm sarcastic here, sometimes a divorcee with kids is actually a worthwhile person to marry - it's not black and white). The point is, **women who divorce a cheating husband, get their revenge and good outcome IN REAL LIFE, and don't need a site of fictional stories to make themselves feel better via fictionalized entertainment

/

2. In real life, women are generally better socialized and better communicators than men. So when a woman needs to let out her emotions about being cheated on she can more easily find a meaningful real life outlet (friends, etc...). Men rarely do that, or have the option OR the skillset to - so, they turn again to online entertainment, either writing OR reading, as their outlet.

/

3. And lastly, this is a porn site. OK, "erotica". So the audience is heavily male-skewed in the first place, regardless of LW category,

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

incomplete. Missing a healthy aftermath including payback and regret, etc.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

@inka2222: pretty sure answer #3 is the most relevant. I mean it isn't like cheating husband's after divorce don't hide money or become deadbeat dads. And a lot of guys hang with friends or get drunk ot both after divorce.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

This wimp writer writes wimpy cuck characters who are lost in their sorrows after the skank wife whores herself

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteele2 months ago

Did you know you can block the 'Anonomati' in your profile setup Regguy69?

It saves a hell of a lot of the meaningless bullshit and eradicates most of the trolls.

I, for one, enjoy your work. please keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Regguy69, the anonymous dolts (I have to be one, too, since I forgot my password) you should ignore. They seem to have a comic book mentality and imagine themselves as some man of steel husband. They probably have never been married or loved anyone and bring a child's perspective into an adult relationship. I like your stuff.

Keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

A solid 4 stars.

Bill S.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRegguy69@Regguy69
I try to read all comments and have never deleted any. I have learned a lot from the constructive comments I have received, thank you for those. I hope my efforts provide some entertainment for you. All of my characters are fictional and are not intended to resemble anyone, li...