A Love to Last Ch. 06

Story Info
How long can Ben run away from his feelings?
12.9k words
4.13
2.1k
1

Part 6 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/14/2023
Created 12/04/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
vanalas
vanalas
226 Followers

Comments, critiques and tips are welcome!

*

"David!" Jim gasped, shaking his head. "Why are you angry? I thought you wanted this. You promised we'd do it after the introduction. That's why I came up with all this..."

"Don't touch me!" David moved away when Jim wanted to touch him.

Jim's heart shattered to pieces. "You promised we were gonna get intimate."

"I don't care what I said at the time. I also remember that I told you that you were gonna have to give me some time." He was trying to sound okay but he couldn't mask his anger. "I don't wanna have sex with you, Jim, not right now. I am not ready to take our relationship to that level yet."

Jim couldn't control his tears. They came flowing like a river together with his pain.

"How could you say that to me? Don't my feelings matter in this relationship? How long do I have to wait?"

"As long as you can." David seethed. "And I would love to be left alone. I have got so much on my head and..."

"No, David!" Jim shook his head. "You can't say that to me. Do you know how painful your words are?"

"Well, I am sorry." He snapped. "I am sorry that I don't wanna have sex right now. I am sorry that you spent so much time making all this but forgive me if I am not interested. Like I said, I need to clear my head so leave."

Jim had never felt so stupid or even have to beg for sex before. He felt like the idiot of the century. He was horny, upset and hurt. He didn't even know what was hurting more than the other. His boyfriend had treated him so bad.

"Please!" David pointed to the door. "Or maybe you want me to leave you here?"

Jim picked up his clothes from the floor and rushed to the bathroom. He quickly changed and when he came back, he found his boyfriend where he had left him. He couldn't even stare at him. It hurt like hell. He left the room in tears.

"Fuck!" David cursed under his breath as he furiously took off his shirt and remained shirtless. He felt so hot, so clueless. "Can I have someone clear this room?" He shouted at the top of his voice. "Anyone to come clear this place?"

It wasn't long before a maid came to his room whom he instructed to get rid of everything and return the room to how it was. A few minutes, his mother came to his room and she looked a bit mad.

"David? Why the hell would you say to him?" She asked angrily. "He was just trying to be romantic."

"Excuse me, mom, but I'll appreciate it if you could stay away from this." He said rudely. "You've interfered enough in my relationship as it is. What happened is between Jim and I. I don't need any third parties."

"Excuse me!" To say Claudia was shocked would be an understatement. "Are you talking to me like that? Do you realize I am your mother?"

"I do realize you are my mother." He said without any sort of respect in his voice. "But you don't have to tell me whatever has to happen in my relationship. I am a grown up and I know what I am doing. If you don't mind, I'd love to be left alone."

Claudia gawked in disbelief. For the first time, her son had spoken so rudely to her. She chuckled bitterly and left the room. David was so upset he didn't know how to calm himself down. He was glancing around, not focusing on anything. His heart was yearning for the boy.

***

'I am so sorry, baby.' Claudia apologized on the other end of the line. 'Don't let what my son said to you hurt you so much. My son had lost a very big deal at the company today and he couldn't think straight. That's why he took it out on you.'

"Oh my God!" He gasped, touching his chest. "I didn't know that. I am so stupid..."

'Don't say that.'

"But he's my boyfriend. I should have understood and be more supportive. You could have told me earlier and I wouldn't have left the way I did. I am so sorry."

'I know, but it's not your fault. My son is also supposed to understand that he can't say such hurtful words simply because of some deal. You're more special than that. That's why he's gonna have to apologize.'

Jim's brightened up with a smile.

"Thanks a lot, aunt!" He said happily. "I really appreciate all this support and love that you've shown me."

'Just make my son happy.'

"I will."

Claudia cut the call and Jim just stood there swimming in bliss. His eyes sparkled and his lips pulled back in a wide, beaming grin.

"I take it there's some good news." He heard his mother's voice behind him.

He quickly turned and found her staring at him with so much happiness. He gave her a quick hug and held her hands.

"Mom, I am just so happy right now." He literally jumped like a child. "That was David's mom. She called to explain why he acted the way he did. It was all a misunderstanding. David had lost some deal and his mood got ruined. He must feel so bad. Let me call him."

"You are not doing such a thing." Elena shook her head, surprising him.

"But mom..."

"I know what you are gonna say. But I also want you to teach him a lesson. Let him come here to apologize." She said with a chuckle as she sat gracefully on the bed. "Don't let him think he's gonna get everything easy from you. You need to also show him that just because you approached him first doesn't mean you're desperate."

Jim nodded because what she said was making sense.

"Just listen and learn, my dear son." She patted on his shoulder. "Your mother is a tiger and I'll teach you everything. Men are not as strong as you think. Once you know their weakness and learn the art of seduction, you'll have him in the palm of your hands."

"Interesting." Jim smiled brightly. "Because I have been trying for some time now. It seems like David doesn't want us to be intimate, mom."

"I know." She caressed his cheek. "But everything is gonna be fine. I'll teach you everything and your man will have no choice but to love you crazily. How do you think I have been able to be married to your father for a long time despite him cheating on me 18 years ago?"

Jim just nodded.

"And speaking of that, did you think of what I said to you the other day?"

"I don't get it." He frowned. "We talked about a lot of things the other day. Which one?"

"Your father giving a family that boy a family possession."

"Mom?" He complained, hitting his head. "I thought we were done talking about this. Ben and I are literally two inseparable brothers. It doesn't matter who gets the family bracelet as long as we love each other."

"That's what you think." An evil grin appeared on Elena's face. "You might consider him your brother but that boy doesn't regard you as one. For instance, since you started dating he's been looking sadder than ever and always finding opportunities to show his vulnerability to your father."

"Mom, please..."

"Okay!" She raised her hands as if she was surrendering. "But I'd be careful if I were you. I wouldn't wanna say I told you so. Just keep an eye on that boy."

"There's no need. Ben loves me as I do him. He wouldn't do anything to hurt me."

"I hope you're right."

"I know, I am right. Now can we go back to what we were talking about?"

"Sure!" Elena smiled.

"Alright, thanks." He faced his mother and wore the brightest smile ever. "David's 22nd birthday is coming in a week's time and I want to ask his mother if I can take over and make a surprise party for him. That way, our bond will grow even more."

"Well, you're in luck." She opened her arms. "You're with the party queen herself. So tell me what you want it to be like."

"Something romantic, sexy and grand." He chuckled. "I saw his welcome party and I want it to be more than that. And on that day, I'll take our relationship to another level. I can wait for one more week, can't I? Besides, I would have learned more from you."

"That's my boy." She smiled.

The two began planning as Elena taught her son how to drive David crazy and make him his forever.

***

Ben was seated on the pool area with his legs in the water and his eyes focused on the sketches that he was making. He was trying so hard and yet he knew that he wasn't doing his best job. Since his meeting with David the other day, he couldn't think straight and had been unable to eat properly. He was in so much pain that he didn't know how to soothe himself.

Suddenly, he heard footsteps before he heard a voice, a very deep voice. A momentarily look of discomfort crossed his face but he brushed it off and heard the voice again, calling his name. He slowly raised his face and found David staring at him with such beautiful eyes.

He got so scared, so nervous and quickly rose.

"David?" He gasped as his heart hammered in his chest. "What are you doing here? I thought we talked about this. Please, you're gonna get me into trouble."

"I know." David sighed as he combed his hair with his fingers. "It's just that I wanted to see you before I go to see Jim. A maid told me I would find you here."

"You-you have to go." Ben stuttered. "Please!"

"I am not here to cause trouble." David tried his best not to lose himself. But the pain he felt was intense. "I just wanted to talk." He got close and the boy moved back. "I couldn't sleep last night. I kept on thinking about our meeting and honestly, I have never felt such pain my whole life."

"David..."

"But I came to a conclusion and I realized that I have been selfish." He chuckled bitterly. "I have been thinking about myself and not even considering how you've been feeling." He suppressed his tears. "I am so sorry, Ben. I don't know how to respond to my feelings and putting you in a position in a position where you have to choose between your love for me and your brother isn't fair."

His eyes were shining with the threat of tears and it was killing Ben. He didn't wanna see the man sad or in any situation that would hurt him. At least, he cared so much for him.

"Forgive me!" He put his hands together. "I am so sorry."

"David, please, no!" Ben quickly held his hands. "You're making me feel horrible now. I don't wanna see you so sad because of me, because of what I said. You're a good guy and I know your feelings are genuine. After all, why would anyone wanna have anything to do with me?"

"You're special." David caressed his hands. "You're an amazing human being and I love you so much. But because of this love, I'll respect your decision and stay away from you. I'll grant you your wish and I'll sacrifice for your sake."

Ben was holding his eyes in such a way that kept the tears inside the lids.

"Thank you so much, David. I am so sorry. I know this is very painful for you."

"I won't lie!" He chuckled. "Worst pain I have ever felt. But I have already promised to stop haven't I?"

"Thanks."

"But I don't know how long I can do this, Ben." He said with so much sadness. "I don't know how long I can mask my feelings for you. And I am afraid when they become too much, I might be worse than I am right now."

Ben nodded. "At least, you've promised to try. I believe Jim's love is gonna neutralize whatever feelings you have for me. You just have to give him a chance and see the kind of person he is. He doesn't deserve some of the things you're doing to him."

"I know." David chuckled rubbing his tears. "But there are certain things that I am not ready to do with him just yet. I need some time and... I might have said some hurtful things yesterday out of anger. But that's why I am here to apologize."

"Then go!" Ben put up a smile but he wasn't fooling anyone. "He's waiting for you. Go and make him happy just as he wants to make you happy. Love him as much as he loves you."

David nodded, letting go of Ben's hand. It was hard but he let go. When he started moving away, he felt like he left a part of himself, his heart with Ben. But he had to sacrifice to make him happy. He was happy, right?

Meanwhile, Ben felt a myriad of tears drop to his cheeks but he quickly rubbed them. He watched as David went further away from him and it felt like it was the last time he was gonna see him. He was supposed to be happy that David had agreed to what he had been asking, right? Then why was it so painful.

"Hurts, doesn't it?" Ben heard a very familiar voice.

He nearly jumped into the pool when he looked in the direction of the voice and found someone there, himself. The boy was dressed exactly like him but he seemed much happier and he wore a beautiful smile as he stared at him.

"Love is such a complex thing and yet can be solved so quickly." The boy said, chirping at him. "You're such a coward."

Ben felt a huge lump in his throat.

"Do you know how many people would kill to have such a man in their lives? Someone that loves you and is willing to sacrifice for you? It is a rare thing to find. And just look at that man, he's very rich and yet so humble just like how you've wished. So, what's stopping you?"

"He is my brother's boyfriend." Ben's voice was barely above a whisper. "They love each other."

"Do they?" The boy raised an eyebrow. "Or is it something you're trying to convince yourself? You've been running away from love for so long. And now along with hurting yourself, you're hurting David as well. You very well know he doesn't love Jim."

"But I have to..."

"Sacrifice?" The boy chimed in, shaking his head. Then he lost the smile on his face. "How long are you gonna sacrifice for Jim's happiness? How long will you suffer so that he can be happy? Why is it always you sacrificing for him and when will he do the same for you?"

Ben frowned, feeling a headache. "Go away!" He covered his ears. "Just leave me the hell alone."

"Why?" The boy yelled. "Is it because you know deep down that I am speaking the truth? You cannot hide your feelings from me, Ben. You and I are one and the same person. Right now, you wanna go to David and tell him that you love him too."

"Stop!" Ben pleaded.

"You wanna hug him and let him take away your troubles." He shouted. "You love him so much and it's hurting you because you don't think it's gonna be easy to forget him."

"Shut up!" Ben snapped, breathing like he was in labor. "No matter what I feel, the fact remains that he's taken. Call me a coward but I haven't had it easy when it comes to love. These feelings will go away eventually. I will heal."

The boy laughed. "You and I both know that's not gonna happen. You know that what you're doing is wrong. Subjecting David to such kind of torture isn't fair."

Ben dropped his eyes to the ground with his fists clenched. "Our meeting was a mistake. It shouldn't have happened. I shouldn't have been so reckless as to sleep with him that night. I wouldn't have fallen in love with him."

"Even you cannot stop destiny, Ben." He spoke calmly. "It can only be delayed. You'll learn this soon enough. You might think your feelings will go away but they'll only grow stronger. Can you manage staying away from him then?"

"David belongs to my brother. I will fight."

But when he raised his head, he realized he was alone. He had been talking to himself, his inner self. He gripped his hair and sat on the pool chair with his face in his palms. Why was it hurting so much?

***

"Oh baby, I thought you were gonna stay with me a little longer." Jim complained, leaning his head on the man's shoulder. "Why do you have to leave so soon?"

"Because I have so much work to do at the office." David tried his best to smile. "I'll make it up to you when I have more time."

They were coming down the stairs with their arms coiled. When they reached down, Jim coiled his arms tightly around David's neck, bringing him closer. He planted a kiss on his lips and then rubbed on them.

"I wonder why I can't have enough of these lips." He moaned. "I can't wait to be sleeping kissing them and waking up kissing them. I love you so much, David."

David smiled before he leaned and kissed Jim's cheek. "I'll contact you later."

Jim nodded and let go of the man. Just as he was turning, he nearly bumped into Ben. When he saw him, their eyes met and the yearning in the man's eyes could not be masked. He swallowed and tried his best to smile.

"See you, Ben!" He said softly.

Ben nodded and watched as the man quickly left. Jim was standing there with his arms folded, staring at him with a stern face. Ben wore a smile as he approached his brother.

"Hey, how did it go?" He asked brightly. "I can see both of you happy meaning that you are okay now, right?"

Jim chuckled and raised an eyebrow. "You know when my boyfriend told me he was on his way here, I was so excited and expected him to arrive sooner than expected. But when he didn't, I kept calling him but he didn't answer. Turns out you guys were together outside. What were you talking about?"

Ben smiled sheepishly, shaking his head. "I don't understand."

"What is there not to understand?" Jim asked rudely, losing the smile on his face. "It was a simple question. Did you lure my boyfriend to the pool so that you could talk to him? I saw the both of you talking and he held your hand. So, tell me, Ben, do you like my boyfriend?"

To say Ben was surprised would be an understatement. He couldn't understand where all this was coming from.

"You're not answering my question. Are you not happy that I am with David, Ben? It seems you've grown so distant ever since David and I got together. Perhaps you want what I have or maybe you don't like that I am happy."

Ben tried to open his mouth but surprisingly, no word came out. He couldn't believe Jim was asking him that question. Jim on the other hand was staring right into Ben's confused face.

"We rarely talk and whenever I meet my boyfriend with you, you come up with some excuse to leave."

Ben shook his head.

"Is that the type of person you think I am." It wasn't a question. "I thought you knew me better than that. I didn't attend your dinner because Aunt Elena sent me to meet a client. Other moments have been times when I have been busy or I am not available. Whenever you're home, you're always talking with Aunt Elena. I am sorry if I make you feel that way but I am the happiest person for you."

He took a deep breath and clamed himself.

"Forgive me for making you feel that way. I am sorry." He put his hands together.

He shook his head and started heading away before Jim gripped his arm and pulled him back.

"Hey, I am sorry." He said abruptly, putting up a smile. "I was just joking with you. I know you wouldn't do that to me. Forgive me."

"Jimmy, this isn't funny." Ben shook his head. "Whatever came into you? David was just apologizing for his behavior and that's all. If I wanted to do anything with him, do you think I would have done it right in your face?"

"Hey!" Jim touched his ears. "Forgive me. I don't know what came over me. Please, I am sorry. It won't happen again. You're my brother and I trust you."

Ben took his brother's hands and smiled sheepishly. "Okay. I forgive you, but you're gonna have to appease me. Get me my favorite chocolate and Ice cream. Then I'll consider it."

Jim smiled brightly. "Is that all?"

"For now." Ben nodded. "I'll consider it afterwards."

"Done!"

Jim literally screamed and wrapped his arms around his brother. "I love you so much, Ben."

"I love you too."

Although Ben was smiling, deep down he felt bad that he was hiding a very big secret from his brother. But he knew that if he found out, it was gonna breed problems for the both of them. Maybe in future when things were okay, he was gonna tell him. But for now, he had to keep quiet and let their relationship bloom.

***

The elevator opened, revealing a nervous looking Ben. He was dressed smartly in a white designer shirt that was tucked in a black smart trouser with black shoes on his feet. His hair was made into braids, making him look even more handsome. He was holding a file that was gonna make his work easier that day.

He walked slowly to the room where he was to meet his client. When he reached there, he took a deep breath before he knocked. It wasn't long before he heard footsteps from the inside and the door opened, revealing a handsome man who was probably in his mid-50s with short blonde hair and a dark brown designer suit.

vanalas
vanalas
226 Followers