A Love to Last Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I have never been so scared my whole life and it is that fear that has made me come to this conclusion." He got closer and cupped the boy's cheeks again. "I realized what you really meant to me. I realized that I love you more than life itself and I need to protect you."

Ben's eyes searched David's for a moment and he saw something that he couldn't explain. David's words touched his heart and his eyes welled. A part of him wanted to be as far away from David as possible but there was something pulling him. He couldn't move.

"And after what happened between us, the passionate night we shared, how could I not love you?" He sobbed. "I know you're scared of what everyone's going to do and how your brother is going to react but isn't it better to come clean? We're not doing anything wrong by accepting the feelings that we have for each other."

Ben's heart was pounding against his ribs as if trying to fulfill a thousand beats. He felt like a lump was sitting in his throat.

"Ben, I have already accepted my feelings for you and I am ready to take the next step. I cannot continue my relationship with Jim. Should I continue, it will be a sin, not a crime. A sin that we both will commit." He added. "It is your turn now to accept your feelings and take my hand. We will tell everyone the truth, from the start."

Ben had suddenly lost the ability of speech. He felt a sudden sickening sensation throughout his body. David got closed and he could feel the breath on his face. It was too much for him and he felt like he was being judged by something he didn't know, but something powerful.

His mouth was trembling.

"Everyone is waiting for you at your house." He let out a shaky breath. "Don't keep them waiting."

He turned and was about to leave when David grabbed his arm and pulled him back. He found himself so close to the man's face, their noses rubbing against each other and their eyes scanning each other. Ben's legs seemed like jelly as his knees were knocking together. If not for David holding him, he'd have been on his knees.

"I cannot continue my relationship with Jim." He said simply. "I have had a long thought about this. Nothing will stop me from being with you. I cannot fight this and like I said, I will not continue being with someone I don't have feelings for."

Ben hadn't been prepared for such intensity, though he should have been. Tonight, had the power to change his world, except, he was very scared.

"I will not let you commit a mistake, Ben. I will not let you suffer anymore. I want to make you happy, to take away your troubles." He spoke softly as the space in between them got smaller. "I know your mother is not around anymore but I want her to know that her son is happy on earth. She deserves to see you happy. And you deserve love."

Ben tried to move away but David moved with him in sync, their noses still rubbing. In no time, he found himself pressed against a wall with the man's body pressed again his. He could have sworn he felt his heartbeat.

"Listen to your heart and do not ignore it." David pleaded. "You know what I am saying is the truth. Look past your fear and reach out to me. I love you, Ben and I know you love me. Do not let fear separate us, please."

David couldn't control himself anymore. He began closing the space in between them slowly.

Warmth blossomed in Ben's chest, sparks igniting as David leaned in close, lips brushing together, tentatively, almost like the first time. Ben didn't have the power to resist even if he didn't want to. His feelings were too strong.

Their bodies pressed together heatedly against the wall, breathing heavily as their lips pressed together. Ben could taste their shared breath, felt the thud of their combined breath, the thud of their combined heartbeat.

Ben's lips were soft, almost silken, and pillowy against David's. He could feel the soft tickle of Ben's breath beneath his nose, fingers carding through his hair as they breathed each other in. They kissed for what felt like hours but was just seconds, their kiss raw, slow and passionate. Ben couldn't imagine he was doing that but it felt so right. He didn't want to let go. But just like anything good, their kiss ended although they were still close.

"Ben, say something." The desperation in his voice couldn't be masked. "You're killing me."

Ben's hands were shaking so hard he could barely see them. "Why do you make me so weak, David?" His voice was shaky. "Why do you always find ways to ignite my feelings for you?" He couldn't control his tears. "The feelings I have been running away from?" He sniveled. "You're right, I am so scared of a lot of things. This is very complicated and that's why I was running away from those feelings. I kept running.

I thought as time passes these feelings will fade away, but no!" He sobbed, raising his shaky hand to caress David's cheek. "They kept on growing stronger each day. The feelings I was running away from somehow got me stronger, gave me a reason to live. I thought..." He paused and cried. "...seeing you loving someone else would erase those feelings. I did not want this to happen but it has happened."

He moved his hand away from David's cheek and wiped his face clean.

"But how can I take you away when I know my brother loves you?" He shook his head. "I wanna be with you but..."

"I don't love him." He said softly. "I wanna be with you. Jim deserves better and I know he'll find that person soon. It's not me because I have already found my destined partner and it's you."

Ben was in a dilemma.

"I love you and... I would be the happiest person to be with you but I am scared." He took David's hands and held. "I am so sorry if I am being a coward but you need to give me some time to think about it."

David sighed. "I cannot promise if I am gonna stay away from you, Ben. But tonight, I'll breakup with Jim. Forgive me for that but I have to."

Ben didn't say anything because he didn't wanna push the man. "I have to go."

"Please, stay with me."

"I am sorry."

David didn't wanna let go of his hand but he eventually did. He watched as the boy he loved hurried out of the room. He wanted to follow him but he had some things to resolve and he was gonna do it in front of everyone.

***

Ben's heart was beating faster and faster as he entered his father's mansion. There was so much in his head that he felt as though it would split in half. Thinking about what David had said to him made a shudder from his feet travel to his head.

He took a deep breath and faced forward when he got the shock of his life. Not only was he not alone but Jim was lying on Elena's lap on the couch and he was crying. He shivered when he saw that scene, but not from the cold.

'Why are they back already?' He thought. 'And why is Jim crying? I am sure it's something else. David couldn't have broken up with him on the phone.'

His stomach churned over and he felt sick for a brief moment. He slowly walked to his brother and stood just in front of him. Both mother and son didn't seem to have noticed his presence.

"Jim!" He spoke confidently. "What's going on?"

Jim raised his head slowly and stared at Ben. When their eyes met, Ben's heart broke. Jim's eyes were blood red from crying and were swollen. Whatever had made him cry must have been serious, he thought. Elena was staring at him like she was ready to commit murder but he didn't care.

Jim stood still and stared at him. He was no longer crying.

"Are you..."

A loud crack echoed as Ben's neck jerked to the side. He was pulled off his feet and fell face first on the floor. It hurt like hell.

"How could you do this to me, you bitch?" Jim barked.

Ben winced as he slowly raised his head to look at his angry brother's hate filled eyes, with blood dripping down his face from the cut on his brow.

To be continued...