A Mallorcan Romance Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The hotel was rightly celebrated for its food, and in particular the buffets for breakfast and dinner. The evening meals included an almost bewildering array of dishes, some of which were staples every night, others changing, and there were chefs on hand to cook speciality foods to order. There was plenty of choice for the children, and Theo enjoyed being able to go up to the counters and ask for what he wanted. David ordered a bottle of his favourite Rioja Rosado which Claire had never tried before and he was very pleased when she said it was one of the nicest wines she had had.

They did not linger over the meal, though Theo would happily have dipped some more strawberries into the chocolate fountain, as Claire said she really needed to get the children into bed. They had only drunk half the wine, and looking at the bottle she suggested to David that they took it with them to drink later.

"Why don't you come and sit on our terrace whilst I settle Rosie and Theo, and then we can enjoy the rest of this lovely wine and chat some more - if you're up for that, of course?"

"Claire, I can't think of anything I would like to do more!" David exclaimed, then inwardly chastised himself for sounding over-eager, whilst simultaneously thinking that what he would really like to do even more than that would be to get her into bed.

They walked slowly through the gardens to the entrance to Claire's building, then they let the children lead the way to their room as Theo was very proud that he could already remember the route. They excitedly showed David their 'special' sleeping area, and once they were in their pyjamas he happily read them a bedtime story on the terrace whilst Claire got their bedroom ready for the night. Rosie had sweetly moved on to his lap on the wicker sofa and Theo was leaning right into him while he read, and he felt a warm glow, as well as a renewed longing for grandchildren.

Claire brought the wine out with two glasses and a bowl of nuts, and she took the children inside after they had both said goodnight. She said she wouldn't be long, and sure enough no more than ten minutes passed before she was back outside, leaving the French window into the children's room slightly ajar in case they stirred.

"They are both fast asleep, they have had such a great day but they are really tired. Hopefully they will sleep through now, Theo rarely wakes in the night but Rosie often needs the loo, I just hope that if she does she won't disturb him."

"They are really lovely children Claire, and an absolute credit to you. How much do they see their father?"

"We have a formal arrangement since the divorce was finalised, he is actually being o.k. about it, though I am not thrilled about them spending too much time with his woman. He has them one day every weekend, not overnight yet, I think Rosie is too little, and usually one early evening in the week. I have stayed living in our house and he has a flat not far away, so it sort of works. I found it really hard at first when he came to pick them up but I am more used to it now, I suppose."

"It can't be easy, but it is important that they still have a relationship with him. Here, let me pour you some wine."

They talked more about their lives, the different parts of London where they lived, and David told Claire about his job, the small architectural practice he ran and the type of projects they did. In turn she told him about the time she had spent as marketing director for a touring theatre company, and they discovered that David, who loved the theatre, had been to several of the productions she had worked on.

"We might have met before, you never know!" Claire laughed, and indeed it appeared that David had been in the same theatre as her on at least one occasion. It was dark now but the terrace had its own lights which had come on automatically as dusk fell. The wine was finished and they lapsed into a contented silence, sitting close to each other on the sofa but not actually touching.

After a few minutes David realised that Claire was starting to doze off, so he gently touched her shoulder and suggested that she needed to get to bed.

"I suppose you're right, it was an early start and it has been a long day. But before I go to bed there's something I want to say to you, David. I think I told you I was really nervous about this holiday, I wasn't at all sure that I wanted to do it, it would have been far easier to go to Cornwall with my parents or something like that, but I made myself book it.

"Even at the airport I was still having my doubts, it just seemed so daunting on my own, but then you came up and helped, and when you told me you were coming here, well, somehow it suddenly seemed all right. You were so kind, and once we started talking properly I realised you were the person I needed to meet on holiday, someone who would make me feel better about myself, wouldn't be irritated by the kids, and would just make everything easier.

"So I just wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart, already after just the first day I feel 100% better, and the fact that you are someone who obviously really appreciates and cares about women is important as well. Sorry, I know I'm babbling a bit, it's the wine too, but I really wanted to tell you that."

David started to reply but Claire touched her finger on his lips and went on:

"No, really, you don't need to say anything, but there is one more thing I wanted to say. I know you are quite a bit older than me, even though you neither look it nor act it, but I have also noticed the little glances you have given me when you think I haven't been looking." David tried to speak again but Claire continued, "It's fine, actually it's more than fine, I haven't felt like I mattered to a man at all since Hugo left and it's really flattering - especially with all the beautiful women around the pool. Please don't stop looking, and I have to say you are an attractive man too. It's just lovely to have made a connection so quickly, thank you for being here."

David didn't want to say anything which might spoil the moment, so instead he put his arm around Claire's bare shoulders and drew her in close to him. She rested her head on his shoulder for a few moments, then quite deliberately and slowly moved her face so that their lips were touching. Claire kissed him softly on the mouth, an affectionate and sensual kiss rather than a sexually charged one, and then stroked his cheek and said that it really was her bedtime.

David stood up, trying not to let his growing erection be too obvious, and took Claire's hand to help her up. They continued to hold hands as they went through the main bedroom and, as they reached the hallway of the suite, Claire put her arms around David and drew him in for a goodnight kiss. This time she let her mouth open slightly and their tongues gently touched, but before he could take this any further she moved back and with her hand on his arm, suggested that they meet for breakfast - as long as he was an early riser. They agreed a time and with one last lingering glance David said goodnight and headed back to his bedroom.

12