A Match for Charles

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Certainly, young man. What is it?"

"The young woman that was with you last time? I take it that was your daughter."

Mr. Francis nodded, "Mmm-hmm."

"Well, sir, I wondered if you would consider introducing us. That is if you don't mind." Charles felt as though he wasn't inside his own body, but was observing from without. He also felt as though sweat was practically pouring from his forehead.

Mr. Francis looked Charles up and down before remarking, "That will be fine. I will discuss it with Mrs. Francis and we will set a date for you to come to dinner."

"Thank you, sir. And might I know her name?"

"Isabel, young man."

Charles fantasized about Isabel nearly every night since that day until the dinner date came upon him. His bedside rag was filled with his spend from the many times when he thought about her. Of course, with his malady, he barely had to touch his cock for him to climax quickly.

The dinner was fabulous and soon Isabel and Charles were courting. They spent much time together, always chaperoned of course, over the next several weeks.

Things were going well until the day of the picnic. Henry and Eliza had agreed to act as chaperones, but gave Charles some time alone with Isabel after they had eaten.

"Oh, darling," Charles said while taking her hands in his. "Isabel, thank you for coming on this picnic with me. How I have longed to spend more time with you."

She giggled and blushed.

"You know, Isabel, that I'm very fond of you."

Isabel scooted closer to him on their picnic blanket. "And I you."

"Yes, well," Charles cleared his throat, not knowing what else to say.

"Oh, Charles," she purred as she moved closer.

Charles moved in and gave her their first real kiss. It was going great until she let her hand travel down to his thigh. He let out a grunt, and emitted his spend into his pants.

He instantly pulled away from her, "I'm sorry. I, uh, I shouldn't have done that."

"What? No, I didn't mind." She seemed to not understand his regret.

Charles could see the confusion on her face. He moved away, trying to hide the stain that was beginning to show on the front of his pants. "I shouldn't have. I think, uh. I think, uh..." Charles got his sister's attention from afar, "Oh Eliza? We probably should be heading back now."

Isabel looked hurt and tears started to form in her eyes, "Charles, did I do something wrong?"

"No. Don't be silly. It's just I think it's time to go." The lies were piling up fast now, but Charles had to get out of this situation.

The walk back was awkward and Charles felt his shame increasing with every passing second. He gave her a curt goodbye when they reached her house.

Over the next few weeks, he tried to rally his spirits and convince himself that if she really loved him, his sexual inadequacies wouldn't matter. But he failed. So great was his shame, he could barely stand to be around her anymore. A month later, she broke off relations with him as he had completely ignored her for the most part. Luckily her family moved away some months later, so he didn't have a constant reminder of his shame. Still, Charles was a shell of a man when it came to women.

Shaking his thoughts from his head, he tried to focus back on the present. Charles knew he couldn't tell Henry and Eliza about this issue.

"Look, guys, I appreciate what you are trying to do, but I don't know if marriage is in my future."

Eliza was beginning to get concerned, "You just need a little taste of success and you'll get more confident. Just attend this dance. For me, Charles. Henry and I will be in attendance with you, and if you don't feel good about it, we won't bother you with this topic again."

If only to get Eliza and Henry off of this path, Charles finally agreed, "Okay, I'll do it."

"Marvelous," Eliza exclaimed, whilst winking at her husband.

The ball came and went and, while he didn't make a fool of himself, his trepidation kept him from being charming enough to really interest any young lady. He sweated and fidgeted throughout most of the evening.

Henry and Eliza felt sure something was at play with Charles' behavior when in the company of women, but they had no idea what it was or how to even talk to him about it, as he always brushed off any attempt to pry.

They just had to hope for the best; that Charles would figure out this thing on his own, lest he be a bachelor his whole life.

-------------------------

Chapter 4

"Mama, we're almost there. I believe I can see the shoreline." Caroline Donnell was so very excited to be visiting America. Her mother had talked about her older brother in the past, but now was the first time they had time and money enough to travel to see them. Some of her reasons for wanting to visit America surely her mother had no idea of.

After a tiring day of sightseeing in New York, they were set to hop on the B&O railroad in the morning to get to Washington, D.C. and then they would go by carriage to their relations in Fairfax.

Caroline sat at her vanity, brushing her long brown hair.

She thought of the plan she had been concocting in her mind for some time. Did that make her a bad person?

"Still," she thought. "I could legitimately meet a man over here that will want to marry me. If not, hopefully my plan will work."

She of course could make a fine match back in England, but she wanted desperately to get away from her family and live her own life. If she stayed in England, that would never happen. She loved her family well enough, but she felt trapped by them. Her sister Harriet, who was three years younger was tolerable she supposed, but Timothy and Paul were constantly grating her nerves.

She must look her very best for the train ride tomorrow. Who knows whom she might meet whilst on the train?

Her younger brothers Timothy and Paul broke her reverie with shouting and hooting.

"Would you two stop it please? I'm trying to enjoy my vacation."

"Sorry, ma'am," came the reply replete with a stuck out tongue from Paul.

They were good kids, but, even at fifteen and thirteen, they were very immature. Caroline recently turned twenty, so was looking to distance herself from her days as a child. In fact, she couldn't wait to be made a real woman. She frequently fantasized about being swept off her feet by a man and having him make passionate love to her, even if she didn't understand all the particulars of the lovemaking process. But, mostly what she wanted was to be her own woman. Even if she didn't find a man she really loved, she craved the independence that America would give her from her family. She further suspected that the only way her family would allow her to stay in America was if she was married.

She knew that her cousin Henry was much older than her; about thirty she thought. He had a younger sister Virginia that was of an age with her. Perhaps she could bond with Virginia during her stay. Maybe she could use that as an excuse to let her stay in America if no suitable husband was found.

As their carriage pulled into Sewell Estate, she was astonished at the grounds. They were quite lovely and large. Being surrounded by the foliage of chestnut and oaks trees, it was absolutely gorgeous. Finally they rounded a bend and stately Sewell Manor appeared before them.

Assembling out front was an impressive crew of family and servants.

"Vera!," a large older man called out.

Caroline's mother practically jumped from the carriage to embrace the man, which could only be her uncle Henry.

"Henry, oh my. It's been so long."

Soon, Caroline was introduced to everyone, including Henry, Jr. and his pretty wife, Eliza, and their adorable little blond haired boy who, of course, was also named Henry.

Everyone was quite tired from the travel, so the family and servants got everyone situated in their rooms to rest before dinner.

Caroline was already in love with America. Now to catch a husband! She wouldn't be too picky. She supposed she didn't even need the romance; he just has to be amiable and able to provide well enough. They were planning on staying for six weeks. Would that be long enough for her to trap a man?

Dinner was a lively, enjoyable affair. Caroline quite enjoyed her new relations, especially Virginia and Eliza.

"So, Virginia," Caroline brought her voice down low. "What's the story on the eligible men in the area?"

Virginia blushed prodigiously and clearly didn't want to answer. Eventually she offered, "There are some nice men in the area. Have you come out in London?"

"Yes, just this past season. There were quite a few interesting suitors, but none amounted to a marriage partner. Something I plan to rectify IF I have another season."

Virginia was quite taken with Caroline's openness. "Do you think you won't have another season?"

"Not if I can help it." Then, lowering her voice even further, she continued, "I plan on finding a husband while I'm here in America. Shhh. Don't tell my parents."

"Oh my," Virginia exclaimed, blushing even further.

"Just what are you girls going on about?" Caroline's mother asked.

"Oh nothing really, mama," Caroline offered. "Virginia was just telling me of some of the choice, uh, offerings that America has to select from." She giggled slightly and Virginia was practically overcome with chittering.

The next day, they got a tour of the Sewell Estate and then the following day they took a day trip into Fairfax proper. It was so much fun Caroline could practically burst from the excitement welling inside her.

On Thursday, Caroline was to dine with her parents at Henry, Jr.'s house. Luckily the younger Donnell's stayed back at Uncle Henry's house.

"Come in, please." Eliza Sewell was such a sweet young lady. She was tall with a pretty shade of brown for hair. She had that young mother glow about her and you could see that Henry was madly in love with her.

Caroline was introduced again to her cousin Henry and their boy. Next she turned to see what looked like a male version of Eliza. He was obviously taller than her, a tad over six feet she reckoned, with a suitably manly physique. He had the same nice hair and similar facial features. Caroline couldn't repress a slight fluttering in her stomach.

"Caroline, Mr. and Mrs. Donnell, may I introduce my brother Charles Hanson to you?"

"Charmed sir, madam, madam." Charles shook Caroline's father's hand and gently kissed the hands of his mother and hers. She hoped the coloring of her cheeks wasn't too obvious.

Once seated, Caroline asked, "Eliza, is your brother older or younger than you?"

Charles answered quickly, "I'm the eldest. By five whole minutes."

Twins. Oh how interesting.

The dinner was very good and the conversation lively. She found out that Charles owned or rather will own a shoe business and that he and Henry had been best friends for almost twenty years. He seemed a nice man, even though he appeared a bit nervous at times. She couldn't repress the image of a shirtless Charles working in his shoe shop, sweating and grunting hammering some shoe nail or something. Oh, damn, Caroline thought, she better get her thoughts under control.

After dinner, the men went to Henry's study, probably to smoke and drink, and the women went to the sitting room.

"So, Caroline," Eliza asked. "What are your thoughts on America so far?"

"Oh it's just lovely. Everything is so open here and the countryside is beautiful. Have you been out west, Mrs. Sewell?"

"Please call me Eliza."

"Eliza, have you ever been out west? I've heard such stories."

"Unfortunately, I have not been too far from here my whole life, but Henry and I plan to travel via train for a vacation when it makes sense for our family."

Caroline's mother queried Eliza on various things for the next several minutes and Caroline was content to listen and absorb.

Finally Caroline had a moment to ask a question. "Does your brother live far from here?"

"Not far. A fifteen minute horse ride. He lives with my parents."

"So he's not..." Caroline stopped. "No, it isn't a proper thing to ask."

"Married? No Charles is unmarried, though it is something that Henry and I would like to see rectified."

She tried to suppress her smile. "And does Charles feel the same way?"

"Well, sometimes I think so. And others, no. Men are mystery in case you haven't figured it out yet. Did you know that I knew Henry for almost twenty years before he professed his love for me?"

"Really?"

"Yes, he was an idiot for many years," Eliza smirked, letting out the little joke they had. "It's actually a long story, but perhaps someday I will tell you of it."

The rest of the evening was pleasant and, on the short carriage ride back to the manor, Caroline wondered if Charles might do. She certainly didn't think she would mind waking up every morning to his pretty face and broad shoulders.

The next two weeks went by in a wink and Caroline got to see Charles three more times. He was much the same: friendly, affable, yet strangely fidgety and nervous. Caroline liked to attribute that to him liking her, but she wasn't sure. She started more serious plotting of her plan.

-------------------------

Chapter 5

Charles was definitely taken with Caroline. She was beautiful, charming and that accent! He would probably melt if she whispered into his ear. But, still, it remained that he was useless around women. What could he do to overcome this problem so maybe he could court Caroline? He really didn't know. If it wasn't so embarrassing, he could talk to Henry and Eliza about it. But, as it was, he was stuck. Caroline would probably drop him like the other women before her if she was made aware of his problem.

Unfortunately, seeing her over the next few weeks didn't help any. He almost shot in his pants at one dinner when she wore a more revealing dress than usual. He had certainly noticed her nice curves from the first time he met, but that night she was something else. Her dress was rather low cut and showed off an abundance of cleavage. She caught him staring at one point and, before he could turn away, she gave him a wry smile as if to say, "I wore this dress for you, Charles."

Flustered and turned on, Charles looked away and pretended to listen to something Caroline's father was saying.

The next day they were to picnic and as much as Charles wanted to decline, he couldn't seem to stay away from Caroline, even if he didn't know how to pursue her romantically. Should he even? She would be returning to England soon and would not be likely to return for some time. It would be best if he was merely cordial with her over the coming weeks.

After a lovely picnic consisting of cold ham, fruit, and bread, the party decided a walk was in order. Henry and Eliza were hurrying back towards their house because they wanted to check in on their son. Caroline and Charles followed them with Mr. and Mrs. Donnell.

Caroline had worked out the spot ahead of time and knew enough of her father's fitness that it would be easy to put some distance between them right away without drawing attention to her brisk pace. Her timing had to be perfect though.

"Charles, it's been lovely getting to know you these past few weeks."

He blushed involuntarily. "Well, uh, uh, I've enjoyed it too." Damn his tied up tongue.

"Charles, may I ask a personal question?"

"I suppose."

"Why aren't you married? I mean, you are ever so lovely and nice and you are plenty successful."

Charles felt as though his collar was going to choke him. "Er, I, um. Well, it just hasn't worked out for me I guess."

"But you'd like to be, right?"

"Yes, very much so."

Could she be the one? Could he overcome his nervousness enough in order to court her, somehow, some way? He thought of grabbing her hand, but couldn't bring himself to do it.

Caroline spotted the ambush site ahead and, turning over her shoulder, judged the distance between them and her parents. Walking around the huge chestnut tree, she grabbed Charles' hand and pulled him close. She smothered his lips with hers. Even though she was an innocent when it came to kissing, when Caroline was determined to do something, she usually did it well. Charles was bowled over.

Charles was confused, but excited. Her lips were so sweet, reminding him of honeysuckle. He knew he shouldn't be kissing this lady, but he couldn't pull away either. And she most definitely didn't pull away. In fact, she grabbed his hand and placed it on her ass and made him grip it. He was lost; he tried to break away, but the intensity of her kisses had his mind swimming. Oh no, he thought, I'm going to blow any second. But he was saved in the next moment. Or was he?

Mr. and Mrs. Donnell came around the corner and caught them in their full-on kiss.

Caroline pushed him away, "Mr. Hanson, how could you? I am a lady and I demand to be treated as such."

Mr. Donnell barreled down on them, his imposing figure leaving no doubt that he had seen their indiscretion. "See, here, man. Unhand my daughter. What is the meaning of this?"

"Father, I was professing my interest in him," Caroline said in a succinct, almost practiced way. "And then, and then, he, uh...he ravished me!" She feigned almost fainting before running to her mother for comfort, tears running down her face.

Mr. Donnell continued, "Mr. Hanson, this is most inappropriate. I don't know how you do courtship in America, but this kind of behavior would NOT be tolerated in England."

Charles fought for words to defend himself, but could come up with very little. He knew she instigated the whole thing, but her father would hardly believe that. "I...I'm sorry, sir."

"You're sorry. Well, you shall be, that's for certain. We are going back to the Sewell's forthwith. Vera, dear, you take Caroline with you. I will walk ahead with Mr. Hanson to discuss this matter with the Sewell's." The way he said 'Mr. Hanson' was as if they were curse words.

What the hell just happened, thought Charles?

After an uncomfortable, interminable walk back to the Sewell's home, Mr. Donnell requested Henry and Eliza's audience and all four of them sat in Henry's study.

Henry could see the bluster on Mr. Donnell's face. "What is the matter, Mr. Donnell?"

"What is the matter you ask? Your...your...this n'er do well brother-in-law of yours is the matter!"

Eliza sat up straight, "Now, wait a minute Mr. Donnell. Charles is a fine man. Of what do you accuse him?"

"We caught him stealing the virtue of my dear Caroline."

Charles was beet red and staring at the floor. Henry looked at him. "Charles, is this true?"

Charles paused for a while, unsure of what to say. If he said Caroline attacked him, they would scarcely believe him and it would just make Mr. Donnell more angry. Best to tell a white lie and be done with it. She's back on a boat in 3-4 weeks anyway.

"Yes, I suppose it is."

"You suppose?" The tenor of Mr. Donnell's voice was rising. "There's no supposing about it. Not only was he kissing her, but he had his hand on her, on her, uh, well, in a place his hand should not have been."

Eliza was shocked. This was not like Charles at all and, though he had been acting strangely lately, especially around women, she couldn't believe the accusations being hurled at her brother.

She grabbed his hand. "Charles, this is true?"

He nodded shamefully.

Henry sat back in his chair. "Well what's to be done about it?"

Mr. Donnell practically burst out as he banged on the table, "My daughter's honor must be restored!"

Henry looked at Mr. Donnell, comprehending his meaning. After what seemed like an hour, but was probably merely twenty seconds, Henry looked at his best friend. "Are you willing to marry her, Charles?"

It certainly wasn't how he planned on any courtship going, but he saw no way out. Even though his parents were not gentry, they would not tolerate unmarried dalliances. He knew there was only one option.