A Match for Charles

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He nodded his head in ascent.

Mr. Donnell seemed somewhat pleased, though still madder than a bull. "You better treat her right, you, you...ruffian."

"Now come, Mr. Donnell," Eliza tried using her most soothing voice. "Let's not name call. He is going to be your son-in-law after all."

Mr. Donnell did seem to calm down just a bit. Luckily, Charles was let out of the room soon and Mr. Donnell called his wife and daughter into the room. On the way out, Charles saw the sad visage of his soon to be wife as she walked by being supported by her mother. Just before they passed, though, her countenance changed and she smirked at him.

Smirked! What the devil was going on?

There were so many emotions flowing through Charles right then. He didn't know what to make of them. He knew one thing: he needed a drink. One brandy later, his mind had cleared a bit. That little minx did it on purpose! He was sure of it. He had no idea why, though. He wanted to be married, but not in this manner. What sort of marriage did they even have ahead of them if this was her character? Luckily he had been impressed by her...well by her everything up until this little subterfuge she had pulled off. Charles paced in front of Henry's office door. After fifteen minutes or so the door opened.

Charles marched to the open door. "May I speak with Car...I mean my fiancee alone for a minute?"

Henry rolled his eyes, but got the stare-down from his wife. "Yes, Charles, please use my office."

Once the door was closed, Charles crossed the room to where Caroline was standing. "What in the hell was that?"

"What do you mean, Charles?" She tried to sound innocent.

"Don't try that on me. You did that on purpose. I'm not a fool. I just want to know why."

"Maybe I'm madly in love with you?"

"Right," his voice dripped with sarcasm. "Now let's have it, Caroline."

Feeling a bit guilty for her maneuvering, she supposed she owed him the truth. She did like him after all and she was serious in regards to the marriage. At least she hoped she was.

"Well, I want to stay in America. I knew there was no way mama would let me stay on my own, so I figured I needed to get married. Initially, I hoped for a whirlwind romance, but you, uh, weren't moving very fast. You weren't moving at all really even though I could tell you liked me. And I do really like you, Charles."

"Well, perhaps it's past tense now. Liked. Not like."

She felt a pain in her chest. Even though she probably deserved that, it still made her feel bad.

"So I'm just some means to an end?" He was clearly angry with the whole situation.

"Well, yes. I mean no. I don't know." She certainly seemed unsure of herself now.

"And you had no regards to my feelings?"

Now she was really feeling horrible. "No I guess I didn't. But I can, going forward."

"Caroline I wanted to marry, but this, this way? It's just such a bad start to a marriage. I hope your behavior once we are married improves."

Again, she deserved the reproach of his words, even if they hurt.

There was a long bit of silence until Charles finally said, "Well, there's nothing we can do now I suppose. Hell, my parents don't even know yet." He chuckled. "Your mom is probably already planning the wedding flowers."

"Yes, I suppose she is." Caroline liked how he finally laughed a little. Still, she was a horrible person wasn't she? Way to go Caroline. What an idiot!

"Until next time, I suppose," Charles announced as he nearly stomped out.

-------------------------

Chapter 6

Charles's parents were surprised, but happy. Having both twins married within a two year period was decidedly exciting for his mother.

With the help of Henry's connections and Caroline's dowry, fronted no doubt by Henry's father, they were able to purchase a nice if small home far enough away from their families to have some breathing room, but close enough to call when they so desired. Other plans were made and their wedding date was now tomorrow, a scant eight days since the kissing incident. Charles of course had talked to Caroline a few times, but their relationship was still really rocky. Frankly, Charles was still pissed at her, but he endeavored to make this marriage work, so he tried to concentrate on her good traits as the wedding day approached. Her physical assets he could hardly wait to partake of. That is, of course, if his problem didn't arise.

No doubt it was one of the odder weddings. Both bride and groom looked as if they barely wanted to be there. Nonetheless, married they were and they both put on a good face during the wedding party.

Finally at their new home, Charles stoked the fire and suggested they chat in front of it to get warm.

"Look, Charles, I know this was thrust on you. And I'm sorry for it. I really am. But, but...let's make the best of it. I will try and be a good wife."

"And I will try to be a good husband. Caroline, I like you. And I wanted to court you. I'm just, well, very shy and I...I...I didn't know where to start."

"Well, we're here now. I know this was an awkward start, but it's our new start."

"I agree." Charles took a sip of his brandy and looked over at his long haired wife. He was still very attracted to her and he definitely wouldn't mind seeing her out of her wedding dress. In fact, he was already getting pretty excited. He must turn his mind to something else!

"Charles?"

"Yes, Caroline?"

"Um, my mother spoke to me last night about the marriage bed and, well, I just wanted you to know I plan on fulfilling my, uh, duties there."

Charles crooked an eyebrow at her. If she only knew about his problem she wouldn't be eager at all.

After sitting in silence for a while, Charles thought, "Damn it all. I might as well get it over with."

"Caroline, let's go to bed." She smiled as she took her husband's hand and he led her upstairs. Charles had debated with himself for some time on whether he should tell her of his problem beforehand. He decided against it, hoping against hope that maybe he wouldn't have his problem tonight.

She looked lovely in her white dress that hugged her curves almost sinfully.

Pulling her into her bedroom, he gripped her at the waist and pulled her into him, his strong arms enveloping her with near completeness. "Now, let me kiss you for real."

He pulled her tight for a kiss. Her mouth was warm and inviting. His mouth explored hers and then he trailed to her cheek and earlobe. She had never felt such sensations, her belly and groin emanating a warmth that was surprising and enjoyable. She gave herself to him and soon was craving something more. From the awkward conversation she had with her mother, she knew the basics of what was done between a man and a woman, but she frankly didn't know it would feel this good. Suddenly she wanted Charles to touch her everywhere. She wanted to give all her body to him.

"Damn, Caroline. You are so beautiful."

His words heightened her excitement further, hardening her nipples within her dress. How odd, she thought, the way her body is reacting. He pulled on the snaps of her dress and she helped him by shimmying out of it. Standing now in only her petticoat, she felt a mixture of embarrassment and euphoria to truly expose her body to a man for the first time. Her breath was getting heavy and ragged. The whole experience was sending pleasure signals throughout her body and she felt a wetness in her groin.

"What the hell was happening to me," she wondered. Whatever it was, she wanted it to continue.

Charles slipped his hands under her petticoat to help lift it over her head.

"Oh dear," Caroline heard her husband say.

Charles was entranced. Caroline's ample breasts stood round and upright with bright pink nipples that were clearly hardened. His eyes trailed down her lovely shape as her chest gave way to her waist and then flared to her hips in a sensual way that Charles couldn't begin to describe. Her lovely mound was on full display for him. Looking back at her face, Caroline was clearly embarrassed, so Charles led her to the bed, laid her down and resumed his kisses.

His kisses were divine, Caroline thought, as his hands began to explore her breasts and waist. She felt as if she had too much drink, her head was swimming so. Charles climbed up on the bed with her and continued his glorious exploration. She imagined that he would take, his, uh, thing out now based on the details she got from her mother.

"Oh damn," he nearly shouted as he shuddered next to her.

"What is it? Are you alright?"

"Yes. No. I don't know."

She didn't understand what just happened, then she look down at his trousers. His groin was wet.

"Sorry, Caroline. I should go."

She tried to grab his hand, "No, Charles. Stay."

He was already at the door. He paused without looking back.

"Please, Charles. There must be more to this."

He turned slightly. "You'll get no more from me tonight I'm afraid. I didn't you tell you before we got married, but can't you see that I'm broken in the bedroom?"

Tears were welling in his eyes. He fully opened the door and slammed it shut behind him.

She felt horrible. Had she caused this problem? No, she didn't think so. He had mentioned the problem like it's happened in the past. Still, her euphoria she was experiencing just moments before was completely gone now. She thought to go after him, but figured pushing him would not be good. She put on her night shift and tried to sleep. Sleep wouldn't come for a long while due to her body's excited state and then afterwards due to the wretched way she was feeling.

"And I forced him into this? What a monster am I," she thought as she drowned her pillows with tears.

The next morning, she was unsure of how to talk to her husband, whom she hardly knew at all. Why did she think this such a great idea, she wondered?

She prepared a simple breakfast and then knocked on his bedroom door.

"Charles? I have some breakfast for you."

"In a minute."

Charles did not want to face her, but he couldn't stay hidden in his room all day. Looking like a little boy who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar, Charles came down the stairs to the breakfast table.

"Good morning, Charles."

"Good morning, Caroline."

He loaded a plate with eggs and a piece of toast. They ate in silence for a while.

"Charles, could we talk about..."

"I have no wish to talk about it."

"But..."

"But what? You forced me into this marriage and now you find you attached yourself to a broken person? Are you happy with yourself?"

Even though she fully deserved them, his words stung.

"Charles, I can't take back what I've done. But I want to give our marriage a chance to work."

He stood up from the table abruptly. "I'm going to work."

"But, Charles, we were supposed to have a honeymoon for at least a few days."

"Only real marriages gets honeymoons. I'll see you at dinner tonight."

With that he was out the door.

She buried her head in her hands and began sobbing uncontrollably.

-------------------------

Chapter 7

It took until the afternoon for Caroline to compose herself. She didn't know what to do, but knew she wanted to do something. She had gotten quite close with Virginia these past weeks, but she thought it best to visit Eliza. She was a married woman and might have more insight.

She rapped tenuously at Eliza's front door some time after one. Eliza opened it and smiled.

"Caroline. It's good to see you, but honestly, I'm surprised to see you. I thought my brother would keep you in bed all day."

Caroline colored greatly.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have teased you. Come in please. Do you want some tea?"

"That would be lovely, Eliza."

After getting settled and taking a few sips of tea, finally Caroline started, "I wanted to talk to you. Maybe you can give me some advice."

"Did the wedding night not go as planned?"

"No, I don't think it did. I have to admit I know very little of what the marriage bed entails, but I'm pretty sure there was more to it than, uh, what transpired."

Eliza wanted to know what it was, but thought it would be better to set Caroline at ease.

"Caroline, did you know that my husband did not marry me for love?"

Caroline was astonished. Anyone who sees them together for more than five seconds can see how much in love they are. "Really?"

"Yes. The short of it was that Henry's mother was making him get married and he picked me not because he loved me as a woman, but because we had been such good friends for a long time." Eliza proceeded to give Caroline a condensed version of their friendship and courtship.

Caroline listened intently as Eliza told her story.

"And to make matters worse," Eliza continued, "there was something in Henry's past that made him reticent to take me to the marriage bed proper. I won't detail it for you, but it was something he had built up quite a bit of shame for over the years."

"Shame?" Caroline asked. It sure seemed like shame for Charles. "What changed?"

"Well, I decided that I wanted to work for a happy marriage, so I put a plan in place. It took some time to work through all of the issues, but as I hope is evident now, we are very much in love."

Caroline nodded.

"And I hope I won't embarrass you to say that we are also very happy in the bedroom too."

Caroline reddened slightly.

"It's my belief," Eliza continued. "That there can be no happy marriage unless there is a happy marriage bed. I hope my story helps you to see that you are not alone in having issues."

"Thank you very much, Eliza. Things started great. Charles seemed very interested in me."

"Of course he was. You're absolutely gorgeous."

Caroline blushed even deeper.

"Well, then something happened and within two minutes he left me in my bedroom for the night. I don't know much about lovemaking, but my mother explained to me the basics and we didn't, uh, complete things."

"I see," said Eliza thoughtfully. "Well, I obviously don't need you to tell me the particulars, but I know you're perceptive, so if you think on it, I think you can come up with some ideas on how to help Charles."

"Eliza, a minute ago you mentioned your husband was experiencing shame at the beginning of your marriage. I think that is the same for Charles."

"Hmmmm," Eliza thought for a moment. "There is something, I know. But he won't talk about it. I honestly can't think of what it would be. I mean, we were always close. We're twins after all. And I can tell you it's been going on for a while. I think he'll need to talk about it in order to overcome it."

"Yeah, I tried that this morning. He didn't want to talk about it. At all."

"Well, he'll need to talk about it eventually, but men are emotionally, um, different. He'll need to work up to that. You'll need to get through to him in the bedroom first, I suspect. Caroline, I haven't even been married two years yet, but one thing I can tell you is a man's mental state is so much tied to his physical."

Caroline nodded.

"And I'll tell you another thing. Men cannot resist our womanly charms. Don't be afraid to use them to your advantage. I know your marriage has had an odd beginning, but I see how Charles cares for you already. And believe me he wants you in the bedroom. You'll have to be persistent and patient. It might take some time, but I think it will be worth it. Charles is a good man and I think you are a good match for him."

"Eliza, you are truly so helpful." Caroline could not hold it in any longer and started to cry. Eliza moved closed and held her while she cried.

"If you think this is bad," Eliza finally cut in. "Just wait until you are pregnant. You'll cry at the drop of a hat."

Caroline laughed through her tears.

"Eliza, just one more question. If you don't want to answer, then don't as it is a bit of a odd question."

"Caroline, I'm invested in seeing Charlie succeed in his marriage. Ask me your question."

She spent another twenty minutes there and, when she went home, she went home happier than she was when she arrived at Eliza's. She also had the beginning of a plan. On her walk back, she worked on the details of her plan to make that connection with her husband.

-------------------------

Chapter 8

Dinner was quiet and subdued. She made polite small talk, but Caroline could tell that Charles was not very interested. It was a morose affair.

After dinner, Caroline suggested they read together in the sitting room. At least she could be near him then. He agreed to her suggestion. She could scarcely read, stealing peeks at her husband to see if he was looking at her. There wasn't much to see.

She got up to stretch and then walked behind the chair that in which he was sitting.

"Dear, I'm sure you had a tough day at work. I could rub your shoulders for you." She placed her hands on his muscular shoulders and she could feel him wince.

"Caroline, I appreciate what you are trying to do, but I don't think it's any use. You won't want me in your bed."

"On the contrary, Charles, I do want you in my bed. The things you did to me last night were fabulous. I'd like to continue. We can, uh, work through our troubles together."

"I don't know Caroline. Perhaps."

She would have to settle for "perhaps" she figured. For now.

"I am going up to bed then. Charles, please come say good night to me even if you don't want to stay."

"Okay. I will."

Patience apparently was greatly needed in this situation. Caroline got into bed in the way she had practiced earlier in the day. She pulled her shift up to her waist and exposed almost the entirety of her left leg. She thought that might get him to stay.

After about an hour, she heard his footsteps outside her door.

After a soft knock, she heard, "Caroline, I'm here." She beckoned her husband into her room.

He definitely noticed her bare leg as he stopped dead in his tracks to take in the full view of the toned flesh on display. He recovered and walked to her bed.

"Good night, darling. Sleep well." He bent down and kissed her forehead.

She grabbed his hand as he turned to leave.

"Will you not stay?"

"No, I don't think I will."

Caroline was disappointed, but resolute. She knew it might take some time, but she was committed to pursuing him.

The next few evenings were similar, but they seemed better because she had a better outlook. On the next visit to say goodnight, when he moved in for a kiss on the forehead, she lifted her chin and kissed him on the lips. He had to smile at her perseverance, but he left her bedroom all the same.

Charles lay in bed awake that night. She was being so accommodating and trying so hard. Maybe he should try again tomorrow night, he thought. Maybe the problem will subside over time. He desperately wanted to make love to his wife. He had grown closer to her as he spent more time with her, impressed with her attitude and diligence.

The next night during their bedtime routine, when she offered up her lips instead of her forehead, he took her lips with his. He wanted her so badly as her soft lips responded to his.

"Oh Charles," she purred, causing him to go almost instantly hard.

"I can't make any promises."

"None expected. Just make love to me, darling. We'll just take it one step at a time."

He smiled. Oh how this little liar had stolen his bachelorhood and is now on her way to stealing his heart.

He pressed into her more deeply, breathing in her scent and wondering at its intoxicating effects. He knew himself well enough that he must not dally. He quickly disrobed and climbed into bed with her. His smothering kisses were having an effect on both of them and he was fully hard in no time. For her part, Caroline just laid back and let him proceed.

He hoped she was ready for him. As he parted her legs, her full beauty was on display for him: her luscious thighs, trim waist, large breasts, and her delightfully hairy core. Wasting no time, he grabbed his cock and aimed it at her wetness. He knew that the first time for women could be painful, so he tried to enter her slowly. He had made approximately one inch inside when his cock exploded. He pulled out quickly and his spend shot out with such force that it reached her neck. It felt great, but only for a few seconds. Then the shame hit him anew and he tried to pull away from her. She wrapped her legs around his thighs and grabbed his hands.