All Comments on 'A New Beginning Ch. 09'

by Fliccy_sub

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
Crusader235Crusader235about 5 years ago
Maybe

Flic, your story just may be the best Space Sci Fi on Lit. Yes, we may get confused with the cast of characters but enjoy every minute of reading. Looking forward to future chapters. Five Stars! Semper Fi

dunmovynivdunmovynivabout 5 years ago
Onestar

You completely lost my interest. A completely new set of characters, and a story about a place that is destroyed. Sorry. I was enjoying the old story, expecting it to continue, then ,,,,,,, this.

Wobbly1958Wobbly1958about 5 years ago
Excellent as always

Though there appears to be a paragraph or two missing.

"What?... why?" he asked ... Worried his assassination of Niles' shuttle crew had raised an alarm. “ but I cannot find where he attacks the shuttle crew. Might be my bad eyesight in my old age. ;-)

Taliesin1Taliesin1about 5 years ago
Absolutely 5 stars

I can't believe I missed this excellent story until now. Just finished catching up from page 1. Excellent characterisation and plot. Keep it up and keep going.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Story Development

This story is developing nicely. The character group is getting larger and more complex with appropriate development as appropriate in the story line.

All in all, another great start and I look forward to it's success.

Lonely_readerLonely_readerabout 5 years ago
Very good side piece

Do you get inspiration from "The Expanse" by any chance?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I am pleasantly suprised

I must say that I was concerned when you said that you would be taking the story in a different direction. I will now say that I think it was for the best. Keep up the good work.

Fliccy_subFliccy_subabout 5 years agoAuthor
to Lonely Reader.

Yes i have seen 'The Expanse' and did like the show. Not that i consciously used that, but I can see how it has influenced my writing. Just as Battle Star Galactica, The Matrix and numerous other shows have.

While i'm new to writing Sci-Fy, I have always liked it and thought about such things. I'm just glad so many people seem to enjoy what i'm attempting.

JessicaAlexanderJessicaAlexanderabout 5 years ago
Very good!

I just found this the other day and read it all and have enjoyed it very much. Looking forward to the next chapter!

jwmcleanjwmcleanalmost 5 years ago
Bravo

Finally a well craft exciting story and very sexy.....BRAVO

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Time line

I just came across this story and enjoyed it. The change up to the station was a good lead into more up coming characters. Perhaps a heading giving the change backwards in time would help some others keep from becoming confused..

Keep it up and am looking forward to the meet up with the deserting crews.

sempergumby1963sempergumby1963over 4 years ago
Read it straight thru

This is really good! To piggyback on a previous chapter's commentary, this is as good as "Forever War", you should see about a agent & a publisher. Thank you for sharing your talent with us. 5*

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomeover 4 years ago

Very good sci-fi, looking forward to seeing what happens when the two groups link up. Too bad about that reader who thought you had taken the story line in a radical new direction, it seems fine to me. Looking forward to reading your next chapter.

gemman1gemman1over 4 years ago
Great Space Opera story

This is a great story and I look forward to the next instalment. Keep up the good work and hope to see something soon.

Gemman

TREKnRayTREKnRayover 4 years ago
New Beginnings

This story needs to be finished. It would be wrong to end it now. The whole time I was reading I felt as if I were living the story.

winterplayingwinterplayingover 3 years ago
Love the story

I normally don't read to much sy-fy but I loved a couple of your other stories and wanted to see what else you had. I stayed up all night reading through all the chapters and pages to see what was happening. Now though it just stops. Why do authors do this? Just leave you hanging? No loyalty to the reader. At least go back and say the end and I'm just going to leave you all guessing. I want to read a more recent post-A Favor for a Friend - but now I am afraid too. Does that story just stop also? Leave you wondering? It's a shame...I really would like to follow your writing. You are really good. You would be an instant automatic one-click author if I was reading your on Amazon. You are that good. But you would might not finish the sequel and leave us all hanging....not going to invest in the time now.

Fliccy_subFliccy_subover 3 years agoAuthor
Still going.

Dear Readers.

While it has been a very long time since I started ANB and have not added to it for some time. I am still working on it. I have the next three chapters roughly written and hope to publish Chapter 10 as soon as I can. I am very sorry for taking so long with this but I have had some issues lately that have caused the excessive delay. Not least of all because of my own inadequacies. Again, I apologies and hope you can remain patient.

SirGReadALotSirGReadALotover 3 years ago
Great story - so pleased you are continuing it

I really like the story and looking forward to the chapter 10.

I like the characters and the development of the PGs into independent women. I hope those that are less capable can still find comfort and respect for what they can do.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Absolutely compelling story. So glad I discovered the series and saw it through. I hope you continue to publish and look forward to the next installment!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The characters are compelling. It is easy to become part of the story. I urge you to continue writing and to consider finishing this story.

Thanks for an enjoyable diversion!

AproposAproposover 2 years ago

Outstanding story. I've just finished rereading it and it is even better than the first time. Despite your concerns your writing is very good. Hope things get better for you. Best wishes.

SettytbSettytbover 2 years ago

This series is fantastic! You did a great job with the characters. Patiently waiting for more.

PurplefizzPurplefizzabout 1 year ago

Just so good, every part of your storyline works well, I loved it, please write more. Many thanks for writing and posting, cheers Ppfzz. 5⭐️

Crusader235Crusader2354 months ago

Wow, welcome back. We hope all is well, or better with you. Thanks for picking up where you left off, so exciting to continue this wonderful series. Thank you!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFliccy_sub@Fliccy_sub
For those that read this. I apologize to those that feel that I have let them down recently. Life is never easy and I feel lost at the moment. The man who was my Father passed away in January and I have not been the same since. I have been unable to think, process things clea...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES