All Comments on 'A New Beginning Pt. 02'

by Cromagnonman

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
Sid0604Sid0604almost 9 years ago
Thank you...

Thank you for sharing this chapter with us. It's good to get another version of the events... and a conclusion.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
She had no real evidence

So while she got her divorce, she only got half the value of the house, since it was sold to meet the terms of the divorce and she got no alimony and a one time payout that will last her about a year. That's the way the Courts roll these days. Never could get into these characters. They just weren't well enough developed to give a hoot about. Poorly done.

bumd11bumd11almost 9 years ago

While the first part was a tolerably good story, this was rather a waste. Her point of view really didn't add much and way too much of this was just a direct quote from part one. Unnecessary and unilluminating, I'm afraid.

Still, I look forward to the next contribution from one of the more consistently interesting authors around here.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 9 years ago
enjoyed the story but

I enjoyed this story, but this second part was too much cut and paste.

Would two people just starting a relationship describe the lunch at the zoo with his children in identical terms?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
doesnt make sense ...

nothing is really resolved, how can he remarry if the case isnt even closed on his wife. she could be kept hostage somwhere in sellar?it just doesnt make sense that he would move on without closure.

jackh1962jackh1962almost 9 years ago
doesn't make sense?

Did you miss where they found brain tissue,fluids and bone fragments in his car? If you are going to criticize some one's work you might want to actually read it well enough to know what you are talking about.

GriffyD_BoyGriffyD_Boyover 8 years ago

I enjoyed Part 1 more than I enjoyed part 2. Having Patrick's father in-law be the professor who sexually harassed Rachel was a bit too much of a coincidence for me. I also thought that there was a bit too much overlap between parts 1 and 2. I can't say I was interested in seeing the same events from part one, but from Rachel's point of view. Once I got passed that into fresh story though I did enjoy what I read overall.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
basically a very good story

but then you killed it by relating exactly what was just read by giving her side of things almost word for word of what he had said....what a load of bollocks...just a lousy way of filling out a story to make it seem long but in fact just repeats everything we already know....just tell the story as it is without this repetitive crap included...how to destroy a good story...and you did that....

PickeringPickeringalmost 7 years ago
Poor anonymous...

...forced to read this revolting story against his/her will. Should apply for money back.

Thanks to my ignorance I enjoyed it and gave it 5 stars

jackh1962jackh1962over 6 years ago

You people bitching about the repeating of a few lines of dialogue claiming that ruins the second part and nothing more than cut and paste really need to see that this was much more than that.It was done from her point of view with her thoughts,feelings as well as other material not included in part 1. That he repeated some dialogue is really irrelevant as far as your complaints are concerned and are just as much as,and as important a part of the story as they were the first time.This was her new beginning as much as it was his.

Cracker270Cracker270over 4 years ago

Them that can, do. Them that cain’t criticize

RABSTARABSTAalmost 4 years ago
Part 1 was very good.

After I skipped over pages 1-3 of part 2 and read pages 4-5 it was a good story. The redundancy of the first three pages of part 2 was a waste. what little was added could have better been included in part 1 instead or repeating as much as you did in part 2.

viper086956viper086956over 3 years ago
DEAD WIFE'S BODY

I THINK IT WAS A MISTAKE TO NOT GET SOME WAY OF TRICKING GEORGIA INTO DISCOSING HOW SHE DISPOSED OF HIS WIFE'S BODY TO GIVE HIM AND HIS CHIDREN CLOSURE.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I gave part one 5 stars. Part two got 2 because the first 2 & 1/2 pages were simply a copy/paste of much of part 0ne. There were only 1 & 1/2 pages of original material in part two. Had part two consisted of the last page & 1/2, it would have rated a 5. The demerit was due to the need to skip over page after page while looking for new material. You are not the only writer on Lit that uses this hackneyed method to pad stories to make them longer, but it is a style that I absolutely hate and will always and will always reward the guilty authors with suitable marks.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A fun read, as is most of your writing. One comment: Peter likely won’t find a tenured position at an American university- due diligence will weed out professors who hit on students.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Hmmmmm. Suddenly she has this mega rich family of lawyers apparently 4 very successful ones. Has an over protective father. AND SHE DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ABOUT HER PROFESSOR WANTING SEX FOR GRADES" Really

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCromagnonman@Cromagnonman
I'm a pretty normal average male, chronologically well over 18 but psychologically I'm not so sure. I have been writing as a hobby for many years and now that I have time on my hands I am looking to become more professional at it. I enjoy reading, morning walks along the river...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

A New Beginning Previous Part

SIMILAR Stories